Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[:plant:] Breath of Fire 6: All the Bravest - LOL. LOL Forever.

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2013, 06:35 PM #1 of 26
Breath of Fire 6: All the Bravest - LOL. LOL Forever.

After a decade of silence Capcom has decided to resurrect the Breath of Fire series as part of its ongoing quest to destroy everything you've ever loved. The new game will be for browsers, tablets, and phones and is coming out sometime in 2014. Try to act surprised while you're raging at that. They're still trying to decide if they want to bother localizing it, but does anyone really care now that it's been reduced to a browser game?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2013, 06:53 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2013, 05:53 PM 2 #2 of 26
I would rather cut off my own dick, boil it in shit stew and enjoy it with a hefty dose of AIDS seasoning than wake up to this news.

But alas.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2013, 07:00 PM 1 #3 of 26
You should probably fry your dick, since you're going to need a stylus.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2013, 07:26 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2013, 05:26 PM #4 of 26
They waited 10 years to release a successor to Breath of Fire V, a goddamn magnum opus of the JRPG genre and a beautiful swan song for the series itself. And what do they do? Announce a glorified flash game.

Fuck you, Capcom. First you shit all over Mega Man Legends 3 (in an ongoing effort to take a greater dump on the Mega Man franchise) and now this. Insulting.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2013, 07:32 PM 3 #5 of 26
Look at you guys, still able to muster rage about mishandled RPG franchises in a world where The Third Birthday exists.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2013, 07:56 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2013, 06:56 PM #6 of 26
Oh man, if your metric for shit is The Third Birthday do I have some news for you.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2013, 07:58 PM #7 of 26
Well, whatever hope I had is now officially gone. Maybe I'll celebrate the news by playing BoF I-V while crying.

FELIPE NO
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2013, 08:24 PM #8 of 26
To be fair: at this point would anyone have trusted Capcom to deliver a competent BoF 6 on consoles or handhelds? It probably would have been garbage either way, I figure at least this way I know immediately upfront I don't have to bother with it or get my hopes up.

They waited 10 years to release a successor to Breath of Fire V, a goddamn magnum opus of the JRPG genre and a beautiful swan song for the series itself. And what do they do? Announce a glorified flash game.

Fuck you, Capcom. First you shit all over Mega Man Legends 3 (in an ongoing effort to take a greater dump on the Mega Man franchise) and now this. Insulting.
I agree that BoFV is goddamn fantastic, but the game was a big departure from the previous entries and doesn't seem to be widely received that well (it sold less than half of what 4 did in all territories), so whatever 6 was going to be it was probably going to be nothing like what 5 was. Goes back to my first point of it was probably going to be shit anyway. I don't trust most of the big name companies to make competent JRPGs for the most part at this point.

As an aside they also announced that Breath of Fire 2 is coming out to the Wii U Virtual Console in the upcoming months. While it's hilarious that it's going to take "months" to release a digital version of a fucking SNES game, the game also has quite possibly the worst english translation of a RPG of all time, so that really helps with the sting of this announcement.

Most amazing jew boots
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Aug 1, 2013, 08:31 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2013, 10:01 PM #9 of 26
Its disappointing but alas not surprising.

Its just too bad companies, expect every game they make to be a huge financial success. Yet they simply ignore, neglect and push established well loved franchises to the wayside.

Its all about making the most money with the least amount of risk or effort.

I really need to start playing the rest of the breath of fire series when I have the free time to do so.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2013, 08:32 PM #10 of 26
As an aside they also announced that Breath of Fire 2 is coming out to the Wii U Virtual Console in the upcoming months. While it's hilarious that it's going to take "months" to release a digital version of a fucking SNES game, the game also has quite possibly the worst english translation of a RPG of all time, so that really helps with the sting of this announcement.
I'd really hope that they'd retranslate that game. Even when it came out, it was an unacceptable mishmash; now it's just laughable.

The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2013, 08:42 PM #11 of 26
It's just going to be a port of the VC release they already gave Breath of Fire 2 several years ago on the Wii. No idea why it's taking so long when the only thing they really have to mess with is gamepad compatibility.

Originally Posted by Angel of Light
Its just too bad companies, expect every game they make to be a huge financial success. Yet they simply ignore, neglect and push established well loved franchises to the wayside.
You mean like Capcom's announcement from yesterday when they expressed disappointment that the console port of Resident Evil: Revelations didn't set the world on fire. The same goes for their Dragon's Dogma DLC which they forced people to pointlessly rebuy the full game to get.

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2013, 08:44 PM 3 #12 of 26
Oh man, if your metric for shit is The Third Birthday do I have some news for you.
The thing about dead bodies is that all the fluids pool on the underside of the carcass, so if you want to see something really disgusting you have to make a deliberate effort to really get hands-on and see what kinds of foul beetles and grubs are lurking under there. The Third Birthday is the dry, sun-bleached surface of the JRPG corpse, pitiful in its decrepitude and only hinting at the absolute stinking filth that can be had if you just roll up your sleeves.

Whereas I just saw like this leathery hand sticking out of the floorboards and went guess we're done here.

Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2013, 09:06 PM Local time: Aug 2, 2013, 10:06 AM #13 of 26
Quote:
UPDATE: Capcom has told Eurogamer that it is currently undecided on whether Breath of Fire 6 will reach Western shores.
This reminds me of the FF7 spin-off games for mobile phones back then. I can't remember if those got released outside of Japan.

Also, more smartphone gaems!

Quote:
Other games announced included:

Monster Hunter Fronter G for PS3/Wii U
Monster Hunter Frontier G for Taiwan
Onimusha Soul (Unknown, possibly Vita)
Euro Historia (Browser-based)
Monster Hunter Mezapolta Reclaimation (Browser-based)
Street Fighter Battle Combination (iOS/Android)
Monster Hunter Big Hunting Quest (iOS/Android)
Street Fighter x All Capcom (iOS/Android)
Monhun Everyday Airu Life (iOS)
Frontier of Discovery (iOS/Android)
Codename: Rio (iOS/Android)

How ya doing, buddy?
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Aug 1, 2013, 09:11 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2013, 10:41 PM #14 of 26
This reminds me of the FF7 spin-off games for mobile phones back then. I can't remember if those got released outside of Japan.
I think your referring to Before Crisis. Your absolutely right, it never had a North American release.

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2013, 03:58 AM Local time: Aug 2, 2013, 01:58 AM #15 of 26
Look at you guys, still able to muster rage about mishandled RPG franchises in a world where The Third Birthday exists.
Shadow Hearts: From the New World.

Most amazing jew boots
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2013, 04:20 AM #16 of 26
I'll just play my PSP copy of Breath of Fire 3.

Tablet, iOS, brower... what a joke.

I guess I'm also the only person who disliked Dragon Quarter. Come on Capcom. You're being awesome by giving us DuckTales in 2 weeks, why are you being shitheads with everything else? (lol Phoenix Wright 5 Digital Only)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2013, 05:17 PM Local time: Aug 2, 2013, 04:17 PM #17 of 26
There's no point in getting upset when the last time the series was good, Bill Clinton was President.

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2013, 06:51 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2013, 04:51 PM #18 of 26
I agree that BoFV is goddamn fantastic, but the game was a big departure from the previous entries and doesn't seem to be widely received that well (it sold less than half of what 4 did in all territories), so whatever 6 was going to be it was probably going to be nothing like what 5 was.
No, I know that. I meant it was such a great finale for the series. I waited a while for a new entry before I realized it was such a high note to go out on. IV was somewhat mediocre (got better toward the end, when there weren't 5 billion half-baked minigames), but they came back to it and did something completely out of the ordinary for them and for a lot of Japanese RPGs. Virtually no story background; subdued dialogue; thoughtful, tactical combat; a gritty atmosphere; and absolutely phenomenal dungeon design? What a way to finish the series. I know it was because of financial reasons that they waited this long, but I'd like to think one designer out there was like "Nope, we're done here. Nailed it."

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2013, 09:36 PM #19 of 26
10 fucking years we had to wait for a sequel to Dragon Quarter, and it is this? I thought the worst thing that could happen was see it go to the Wii...

I didnt complain about Bionic Commando, Lost Planet 2, or even Resident Evil 6, but now Capcom officially lost their fucking mind.

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2013, 12:08 AM 2 #20 of 26
There was never any reason to complain about Bionic Commando as long as you had the retro character skin.

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Aug 29, 2013, 11:58 AM Local time: Aug 29, 2013, 07:58 PM 1 1 #21 of 26
who cares, it's not gonna be anything like Dragon Quarter, and that was the only good one in the series

dat's rite i went there what of it

EDIT:
ps boo is a faget

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Aug 29, 2013 at 12:27 PM.
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2013, 02:22 PM #22 of 26
Shadow Hearts: From the New World.
Really? I felt that, while nowhere near as good as Covenant, it was at least equal in terms of enjoyable gameplay as the first main entry in the series. (Koudelka was a fun diversion, and worth replaying a couple times, but I know I'm in the VAST minority with that)

Much sillier, though. A true sequel could have been interesting (and may have toned down the silliness a bit), given how the series had a trend of the bad endings being canon.

Edit: Oh, and it has the darkest moments OF THE SERIES what with Killer being just plain vicious and how well the whole Emigre ritual actually "worked" for once.

It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.

Last edited by wvlfpvp; Aug 29, 2013 at 02:58 PM.
Ken Hikari
Silent Protagonist

Member 395

Level 13.07

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:46 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2013, 07:46 PM #23 of 26
Talk about a nostalgia bomb. I remember my password for this account years later, and here I am looking at a beloved series now being smushed into the ground.

What a sad day to be a BOF fan. In honor of this, I think I will go back and play through BOF 1, 2, 3, 4 and Dragon Quarter.

FELIPE NO
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2015, 07:10 PM #24 of 26
2 years later Capcom has finally released an actual trailer for this trainwreck. At some point they remembered that Ryu's hair isn't red and changed it to... black. Close enough!

Quote:
A long time ago, during the days of gods.

There was a clan that had a power that surpasses all living creatures, and sublime virtue that was said equal to that of the gods. This clan, called the “Dragons,” achieved great prosperity, as the world evolved.

However, the peace and prosperity would not last forever, as one day, the Dragon Clan split between the “White Dragon and “Black Dragon,” and this marked the beginning of a fierce battle.

With the giant dragons colliding amongst each other, natural disasters occurred on the planet, leaving it in terrible condition, and many lives were lost along the way.

Before long, thanks to the actions of a brave young man, the fight was halted. Then, the Dragon clan quietly disappeared.

Months and years went by. The battle between the White Dragons and the Black Dragons became a thing of legends, then from legend to myth.

…and now, the era of chaos surrounding the dragons is about to begin, once again.
YouTube Video

How ya doing, buddy?
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2015, 06:10 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2015, 12:10 AM #25 of 26
Not a lot of dragons in that trailer.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [:plant:] Breath of Fire 6: All the Bravest - LOL. LOL Forever.