Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Dinklageforce: Interdinklage Dinklage

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Sep 24, 2014, 11:03 PM Local time: Sep 25, 2014, 12:03 PM 1 #51 of 65
It's just a demo. Destiny pulled a big bait-and-switch with theirs.

Remember the first level? Dinklebot awakens you, guides you through the first building with plenty of interaction and a Portal-esque light-up sequence, you get outside to the next section and a ship warps in and towers collapse in the background and a shockwave rushes through the area. It's rather cinematic.

The rest of the campaign has absolutely nothing like that. Well, other than a couple of gates opening.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Sep 25, 2014, 09:48 AM Local time: Sep 25, 2014, 07:48 AM #52 of 65
Quote:
Exceptionally frustrating, I was hoping for a long term co-op experience. Guess I'm going to have to keep looking for that.
Just wait until Left 4 Dead 3. Except then you'll have an amazing vs experience to go with it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2014, 10:15 AM Local time: Sep 25, 2014, 09:15 AM 1 #53 of 65
"Amazing" depends entirely on if Face is playing or not.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2014, 03:14 PM Local time: Sep 25, 2014, 02:14 PM 3 #54 of 65
Oh hey so.

In their infinite wisdom, Bungie has decided it'd be rad to nerf progression EVEN MORE by patching out a popular farm method, reducing loot drop if you die, and removing a reason to do the current event.

This game is literally the largest disappointment I've had in vidya in...I don't know. Years.

So my agony can be your gain!

Do you want this garbage? Do you hate yourself AS MUCH AS I DO?

Yes?

Well, it's yours. Free of charge. Let me know. If I don't have any takers for this crap by the end of the day I'm just trading it in for credit towards Toad's Amazing Indiana Jones Adventure Wii U Edition.

Edit: No takers before the time limit, trading it in then.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Sep 25, 2014 at 08:13 PM.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2014, 04:34 PM Local time: Sep 25, 2014, 03:34 PM #55 of 65
Patching out the loot cave is pretty much whatever. Reducing drops upon death (just to combat a small minority of gamers who farm restricted respawn areas) is seriously overboard. Patching out the only reason to do the current even more than twice just makes no sense.

I just find it absurd that without a heavy dose of luck, the average adult gamer (the ones with jobs and families, many of whom have at this point been supporting Bungie for 10+ years) won't even be able to get their light level up high enough to even qualify for the raid content that Bungie seems to be the most proud of. By the time a lot of people are able to get their vanguard rep high enough, and farm enough vanguard marks to outfit their guy with enough bought purple stuff to hit 26, they will have moved on to another game. Similarly, by the time Bungie gets around to fixing loot in general, we will all have moved on to the next game.

holy shit russ is alive
Just because I go over a year between posts doesn't mean I'm dead

How ya doing, buddy?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2014, 08:27 AM 1 #56 of 65
So how is trading the game in working out skills

How ya doing, buddy?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2014, 02:19 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2014, 01:19 PM 2 #57 of 65
I chumped out on it, you should have texted me to remind me.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2014, 07:59 PM #58 of 65
one of these things is not like the other

At this point you seem to be playing it more than even I was, so what the fuck is going on bro. You seemed pretty mad there.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:04 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2014, 09:04 PM #59 of 65
When no one took me up on it, I put it on the shelf. The trade in price wasn't worth the gas it took to get down to Gamestop. (25 dollars my ass)

It turns out a friend I haven't played games with in two years bought it, and asked me to play with him. Since I don't get the see the guy very often, I took him up on it and have dicked around a bit in the interim.

You of all people shouldn't be giving me shit about playing games you get consistently angry at.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Oct 7, 2014 at 10:37 PM.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2014, 08:43 AM #60 of 65
That's fine, I just like how I randomly saw you mention on GAF that you had cleared the Raid which I didn't even do and was like what the fuck. $25 is pretty shit. So are you actually liking the game anymore or what? It's a weird fucking beast, frequently I wondered why I was playing it but then I kept playing it. Returned the 360 Gamefly copy I had, I may wind up renting the PS3 version just to have at least a character near endgame for whenever I get a PS4 in the hopefully near future. The DS3 is fucking garbage for shooters, but I figure I could get a character up and just not touch the Crucible or something. Also seeing that you can now use a DS4 on PS3 without having to have it plugged in, but did see some people say that Destiny has some weird issues in that regard.

Also out of curiosity what games have I played recently that I get consistently angry at? Legitimate question, I feel like I've made a point of stopping doing that years ago once I stopped caring about achievements and I'm wondering if i'm just drawing a blank on something more recent.

Also TOTALLY UNRELATED, but Bad Company 2 is the free XBL Gold game right now, I got a bunch of people to download it but I don't think you have Gold anymore

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:46 AM Local time: Oct 8, 2014, 09:46 AM #61 of 65
That's a hard question to answer.

The literal only reason I even still have it around is because my friend asked me to carry him around. I made it farther with Omagnus than he made it with some of his friends and asked if I wanted to see the end game content. We filled in a few blank spots with GAFfers, actually.

There's a lot to be said (and has been said in this very thread) about how the core game is solid but everything surrounding it is absolute, unadulterated dogshit. That hasn't changed. My opinion on that remains the same. I still hate the PVP with a burning, fiery passion. The PVE is samey, recycled shit that isn't rewarding.

The Raid is...sorta ok, and weird. It has many mechanics in it that are unique to the rest of the game. It involves teamwork! That's awesome. No other parts of the game really do. It requires communication, and a battle plan! Look at these things, where is this in the rest of it? NOWHERE.

That said, all that Raid shit is IDENTICAL to vanilla WoW shit. Like, literally stolen ideas. Timed buffs, teleporting based on position, item couriering, enrage timers, DPSing and tanking. It's not got anything unique in it at all from a gameplay standpoint, a raid standpoint, an MMO standpoint. It's just...in first person. And it's not difficult. It's a gear check and a mic check, and that's it. Our group of six was completely fresh and had zero issues outside of ironing out timing and roles. It's also short (two two-phase boss battles, a small maze and a mega man jumping puzzle.) It's not exciting content on it's own merits. The only reason it stands out is because it's completely unique to the rest of the game, not because it's actually that interesting.

And the rewards are still hilariously crap. It's almost funny. Almost.

So, I guess...no? I'm not liking the game anymore than I was. Not as an experience, but it facilitates interaction with people I like, so that's one thing it has going for it.

Much like I said earlier, how I wouldn't be playing if I didn't have Omagnus, I wouldn't be playing now if I didn't have this guy. That's literally it. I got nothin' else riding on this.

Legit talk, I probably won't play it again now that we've gone through the Vault and laughed at how awful IB is. He is winding down on it too.

--

Also we haven't played games recently so that was just a snark based on things in the past. You're probably better now than I am now, clearly. Furious bloodpressure noises and all that.

And yeah, my Gold ran out when I moved last year and haven't refreshed it. There has been actual zero MP titles on the circle that I give any fucks about anymore. I'm not sure I'd be bothered to resub based on replaying a game as old as BC2, even though in retrospect it's probably the best Battlejerks game of the last decade.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Oct 8, 2014 at 10:54 AM.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:02 AM #62 of 65
Yeah, the last week and a half or so I played it was mostly just our social party chat game, and I was helping people clear Nightfall and the Daily at the highest levels etc. PvP is still shit, although I'm good at it so I'd do the easy Crucible bounties, but never touched IB. And although I'm honestly not super excited about it or anything, with the new Borderlands coming out next week I'd rather play that instead so returned my Gamefly copy of Destiny to snag that.

Also yeah I played BC2 a bit this morning, actually had a really good time with it. I'd only put in about 6 hours on the multiplayer when it first came out since it just didn't really click with me and I found it frustrating if we weren't the majority of a team, but I had a good time with it this morning messing around. It's aged a bit graphically but otherwise actually holds up surprisingly well. Probably not enough to resub to Gold just for that or anything though.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2014, 12:28 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2014, 11:28 AM #63 of 65
IB is a shitshow. Take everything wrong with PVP as is and multiply it by a factor of 1.3 and you've got it to a T.

As for the rest of the game, yeah, that's basically it. Which is extremely sad. Maybe the second game will be better in a couple of years. Who knows? I certainly won't get hyped about it though, not after this showing. And if they think I'm buying the Comet releases they can go fuck themselves with a rake.

BC2 rules on PC, have you looked at it on Steam? It would probably run on your laptop. If not, yeah. I'm not interested in resubbing to Gold for a revisit for that game. I'll snag gold again when I finally get a One, which...keeps getting put off, actually. The only thing I play on the circle these days are a series of shmups. I don't even have the circle hooked up online for that shit anymore.

FELIPE NO
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2014, 03:46 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2014, 01:46 AM 1 #64 of 65
Oh man, BC2 multiplayer is pretty awesome.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2014, 04:12 AM Local time: Oct 15, 2014, 11:12 AM #65 of 65
Raid is fantastic, there was something cool and cozy about running through the tunnels in a six man team instead of three.

But yeah bungie screwed up majorly.

no homo

Tags
russ lives, the south rises again

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Dinklageforce: Interdinklage Dinklage