Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] Fly For Fun 'Flyff' (Free MMORPG)

Jujubee
Good Chocobo

Member 416

Level 16.09

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 11:25 PM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 10:25 PM #1 of 20
Fly For Fun 'Flyff' (Free MMORPG)

Official Website
http://flyff.gpotato.com/news/index.php?url=index.html
Cool YouTube Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV80U2f9JzI
Wikipedia Information
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyff

I didn't see a thread for this so I figured I'd spread the news. Flyff is a new MMORPG that just came out no more than two months ago if I'm not mistaken. I first heard about it on Wikipedia, under a list of all known MMORPGs, at the time Flyff was still under development and didn't even have a website. From what I've played so far the game is pretty cute, its kind of like a Ragnarok Online in 3D. The graphics and music are pretty decent to say this is a free game, it reminded me of the original PSO. Yes your characters can actually fly, its part of the gameplay but its not available until level 20. Thats about all I can say right now because its all I know. I haven't really delved that much into the game yet. Hope you guys try it out, post your character names and servers if you do.

Most amazing jew boots
riceonfriday
I'm standing behind you

Member 1405

Level 4.76

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:32 AM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 09:32 PM #2 of 20
Hmm, haven't gone back to this in awhile, but from what I recall there's a really good player base for this MMORPG (considering that I was willing to give newbie's tours of the different areas, especially when a mission called for a specific area).

Also there comes a time when experience was easily gained by doing what was called the Tina trick (consisted of flying back and forth across town to do one specific quest over and over to gain a good amount of EXP), although I don't know if it has been fixed.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Disembow
SL Furry

Member 3141

Level 5.27

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 07:13 AM #3 of 20
FlyFF has been out for over a year, you're quite mistaken on when this came out.

How ya doing, buddy?
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 08:29 AM #4 of 20
I used to play. Got a lvl 63 Ranger, and was in a guild called Titans. Now i'm on Rappelz. (another Gpotato game)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 07:17 PM #5 of 20
Sucks. It used to be good when I was in like grade 7. Sucks now. Some idiots are trying to play Monato Esprit which sucks unless it is Korean version. (English is WAY behind from rumors.) If you wanna try it you can try looking it up on google.

I was speaking idiomatically.
fiercedeity
LOL FAG!

Member 8055

Level 11.82

Jun 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 08:13 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 01:13 PM #6 of 20
I just started playing this, im enjoying it thus far ^^ If anyone wants to come in to help me out though would be much appreciated, im a total noob at it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 09:23 AM #7 of 20
The big problem about this game is that in the later levels, the mobs you need to level up are always VERY crowded, and there's a lot of people that like to AOE for faster exp. (Billposters, Elementors, Rangers)

Most amazing jew boots
Jonathancmz
''It wasn't me, it was the lighter that make that flame.''

Member 14360

Level 1.02

Oct 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 09:48 AM Local time: Oct 23, 2006, 10:48 PM #8 of 20
nah, FlyFF sux. A week of gaming and peefs i'm outta here. Getting bored, no motivation to train

Double Post:
and btw, i dun have motivation for most lame MMORPG =D, i mean like if u get bored, wun eu quit?

How ya doing, buddy?
This Is How The World Ends, Not With A Bang But With A Whimper.

Last edited by Jonathancmz; Oct 23, 2006 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 10:36 AM Local time: Oct 23, 2006, 10:36 AM #9 of 20
I liked FlyFF, actually. Comp crashed and I haven't reinstalled it yet, but whatever. I didn't get very far -- maybe level 15 or so, I think.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
fiercedeity
LOL FAG!

Member 8055

Level 11.82

Jun 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 12:45 PM Local time: Oct 23, 2006, 05:45 PM #10 of 20
I just hit lvl 16 Magician, and I have to say its a very enjoyable playing experience. Controls are a little clunky but its good for a free one. If your in game im called Seraphinas, send me a tell

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Aquas
Oh, Nall...

Member 4590

Level 13.98

Apr 2006

Old Oct 29, 2006, 09:18 AM Local time: Oct 29, 2006, 08:18 AM #11 of 20
I like this MMORPG mostly for the friendly player base. It's a cute warm game. But I didn't spend a ton of time on it. Think I got to level 30 with a fighter and quit.

I had only gotten into it because a girl I was interested in invited me to play with her. ^_^
Basically I leveled up solely for us to grind together. But I met some very friendly people in my time of playing. Including a 9 year old girl from Australia. She told me about her cats. Of course, we were just buddies to grind with each other. It's all relative in grinding terms, which is what the whole game is, with broken english.

Flying is cool.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
In your dreams, magical thoughts
All things are real, unless you dream they're not
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2006, 02:26 PM #12 of 20
No offence, this game is one of those games I consider as "piece of a crap".

What? Sure it's "friendly", because most of grade 1 plays it.

The game itself failed. It's as bad as runescape.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 10:29 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 11:29 PM #13 of 20
Taegueki, I believe you've made your point more than enough times. If you're going to keep repeating the same thing without adding substance to it, you're looking at a thread ban.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Mojougwe
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 255

Level 20.88

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 11:47 AM #14 of 20
About Taegueki:
I'm almost ashamed of being in the same nationality as you, Taegueki. I can't believe you would dare to go around and blatantly tell people, "blah blah, it sucks, hahahahahaha........ hahahahahaha! It S U C K S!" What the hell is wrong with you? You look at the images, graphics, and sample movies then proceed to assume that it's more designed for 1st graders? 1st graders cannot operate a computer in such a manner my friend. The idea and concept of this game is obviously pretty basic. And for something free to play, it's not that all bad in quality either. Sure it doesn't stand a chance in comparison to FFXI, Guild Wars, or some other eye-candy MMORPG, but, all of a sudden you're an expert game tester? Just your opinion alone will grab everyone else's thoughts into agreement?

Look at games of the past. Of course alot of them have pretty much died out and no one ever plays something like Punch Out anymore. Yeah, there weren't any MMORPGs early 1990s, but still, what game from that era are still existant today and still as popular as ever? Look at Tetris, maybe not a MMORPG, but today we have multiplayer versions where players can compete for high scores and longevity. Why is this piece of shit game from the 1980s still around? When FFXI, WoW, Guild Wars, Everquest, RF Online, and other pay to play servers go down for good, forever, what will you play then? Some new game that costs 150 dollars to buy and an additional 25 dollars each month to play? Or these free to play games that have remained through charitable support and owner support?

This game is far too colorful for my tastes. But it certainly looks fun. At the moment I'm busily trying to revive my FFXI crave, busily playing Softnyx's Rakion and GPotato's Rappelz. But seeing as this came out by GPotato, there certainly are some evident similarities to how the GUI works.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hiro
Rie Kugimiya

Member 2329

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2007, 09:24 AM #15 of 20
I started playing this game about a month ago. I'm on the Glaphan server with a 62 Elementor, 41 Assist, and 15 Mercenary. It's just like any other MMORPG, really. I think the skills system is pretty nifty though and it's free, so I don't really have much to complain about.

FELIPE NO
Gunblade
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 21331

Level 3.41

Mar 2007

Old Mar 21, 2007, 03:03 PM #16 of 20
hey can any1 help me on this game i dont know what im doin...... im still in the begin PLZ help!!!!!!

my xfire is thehansolo <---only for people too help me lol

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Eiffel 65 1999-2006 Bloom 06 2006-4ever
Hiro
Rie Kugimiya

Member 2329

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2007, 03:23 PM #17 of 20
hey can any1 help me on this game i dont know what im doin...... im still in the begin PLZ help!!!!!!

my xfire is thehansolo <---only for people too help me lol
It'd be more helpful if you actually explained the problem. The general premise of the game is like any other MMORPG, you just hack and slash at monsters to climb up in levels and get items.

You can also try asking for help on the official forums (the link is for the international English version, by the way), I find that people there are generally pretty helpful.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Billy
City of Heroes is the pwnzrs.

Member 21791

Level 3.09

Apr 2007

Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:24 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2007, 04:24 AM #18 of 20
I played this until level 2 or 3. It looked like Hero online or Xai, but more anime-ish. It was wierd coz i didnt know what to kill and what was a merchant. All in all a fairly o.k. game.

How ya doing, buddy?

- - - - -
世界是一個討厭的地方. 不要轉動你的後面. - The world is a nasty place. Never turn your back.
Gorglore
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 21847

Level 1.47

Apr 2007

Old Apr 13, 2007, 09:19 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2007, 03:19 AM #19 of 20
I hate to say it - but this game stinks.
That's just my personal view.
I found it terrible, hard to grasp and it bored me vastly.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Thelonious Monk
Wark!

Member 651

Level 1.21

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 04:52 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 02:52 PM #20 of 20
id have to agree with gorglore. IMO, the game is not exactly fun.
if you are into the anime-ish type of MMOs i suggest ROSE online.
For me, at least, ROSE was fun, but thats only cuz i played with friends. Playing alone is pretty boring.
sites where you can join is sevenhearts. net or ruff-rose. com.
sevenhearts IMO is a better community.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] Fly For Fun 'Flyff' (Free MMORPG)