Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Masanda
Warwick who?

Member 2895

Level 4.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 11:19 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 10:19 AM #276 of 1941
Originally Posted by Xellos
I hope naxxramas comes soon so my guild stops wasting time on AQ. for the guilds that haven't done AQ yet. BE GLAD. It's a shithole with very few items that are actually worth the trouble.
Yeah no shit =(

The twin emperors is probably the most fun and challenging fight in the entire game and I have a feeling that's what keeps me coming back.

I'm glad they nerfed Huhuran/Ouro/C'thun. I don't give a shit about challenging encounters if there's no real gear upgrade or at least a decent amount of GOLD once it's all said and done. Getting 1g 20s from killing Huhuran is not worth the time it takes to clear to her and kill her.

We got Ouro to 75% before we called the raid at 1:30 am-ish and it seems easy enough. He should die tonight. Also, Viscidus/C'thun are next. They'll die soon enough.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 07:49 PM #277 of 1941
We haven't tried Ouro, Viscidus or C'thun really that much yet.

We killed the twins for the second time today, and tried C'thun once. 95% phase 1...yeah this will take a while. Saving all my dkp for the dark edge /drool.

BTW I tanked the twins, and I have to agree with you. It's by far the most intense fight so far. Makes Nefarian look like a giant loot pinata. One fuckup is all that it needs, and it's over.

Oh, got my uber shield from AQ. Blessed Qiraji Bulwark. Looks like shit, but the stats are magnificent.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 08:19 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 08:19 PM #278 of 1941
I don't like AQ at all, it's a boring, you have to keep the elites alive and as well there isn't that good of gear, atleast gear that I want.

The only thing I think I need from AQ, if it drops there is a chrom blade(That one hadn sword), and I already have a brute blade.

Oh and as a rogue if I sit there in Org and pick locks for about two hours, I make about 40g or so easily. Depends on the day usually, if not then I go farm for herbs or for runecloth/fel cloth(off the satyrs from Azshara.). I always usually have about 200g, around there.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Masanda
Warwick who?

Member 2895

Level 4.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 02:31 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2006, 01:31 AM #279 of 1941
We're talking about AQ 40, Zio.

The sword, Blessed Qiraji Ripper, drops in the 40-Man instance.

How ya doing, buddy?
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 02:51 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2006, 02:51 AM #280 of 1941
Originally Posted by Masanda
We're talking about AQ 40, Zio.

The sword, Blessed Qiraji Ripper, drops in the 40-Man instance.

Oh, well I've only done AQ 20 and I hate it even with the greater nature resist pot(glad i bought it when it was 20g, not 400g.) and around 160 nature resistance, it's still a pain. It's problay cause I'm a rogue but eh I still can dish out good DPS.

Double Post:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?zzLVZxhxscMdtE

That is my build for my new druid, Gnomebeater on stormreaver.

(Someone took Gnomekicker and Gnomeeater. :X)

I think it's a good feral build.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!

Last edited by Zio; Apr 29, 2006 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 06:56 AM #281 of 1941
Haha. AQ20 we don't even do anymore. Technically the signups are there, it's just that nobody signs up, or not enough of the right people to make a decent group. We usually cleared up to ossirian, got the shittiest loot there is, then tried and failed every time at ossirian because people kept fucking up.

I couldn't care less about the place. I got my 3 class books, and along the way I got the awesome bracers of brutality, sandstorm cloak, crossbow of immiment doom and the sand polished hammer. (all from ossirian, and IMO all great)

The crossbow and cloak for tanking, the other 2 for my wannabe fury gear. I

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Masanda
Warwick who?

Member 2895

Level 4.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 07:27 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2006, 06:27 AM #282 of 1941
The crossbow IS for fury gear. =)

I've yet to see it drop when I've gone, sadly enough.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 07:42 PM #283 of 1941
Oh I do use it for both tanking and fury, worry not. If the binding drops someday, i'll try fury for sure.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Masanda
Warwick who?

Member 2895

Level 4.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 10:03 PM Local time: Apr 29, 2006, 09:03 PM #284 of 1941
Or the bindings can not drop and you can still try fury =P

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 11:09 AM #285 of 1941
I will eventually anyway, because there's 4 items left for me, and 1 of them is mine as soon as it drops.

I'm trying to make the lionheart helm and titanic leggings, then i'll have 6% hit, not much but it's a start. Gonna try to get a couple of others too like conquerers shoulders, onslaugh girdle and breastplate of annihilation.

Masanda
Warwick who?

Member 2895

Level 4.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 10:02 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 09:02 PM #286 of 1941
Helm of Endless Rage > Lionheart Helm.
Scaled Sandreaver Leggings > Titanic Leggings.

I only say this as crafting the Lionheart helm/Titanic Leggings costs so much money.

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 10:49 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 10:49 PM #287 of 1941
Originally Posted by Masanda
Helm of Endless Rage > Lionheart Helm.
Scaled Sandreaver Leggings > Titanic Leggings.

I only say this as crafting the Lionheart helm/Titanic Leggings costs so much money.
Especially Titanic Leggings, those pots that you use to craft sell for a shit load.

Most amazing jew boots
Originally Posted by Zio
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 06:18 AM #288 of 1941
We finally got into MC tonight. Not too shabby, server opened up about 5 weeks ago and our guild pretty much zerged to 60. We tried a couple different things...first we tried to take n Azzy...and failed, which then we tried ZG and surprisingly enough we made it to Hakkar and got him down to 30%. After this jolt of confidence we ended up doing The Calling and started the War Effort (which has in turn brought in inflation...1.5g for 20 linen cloth? wtf.). After doing that we attempted Azzy again and managed to take him down. Finally tonight we went into MC with only 27 (some not yet 60) and took down all bosses up to but not including Garr. I was shocked we were able to get past Magmadarr with the group we had.

I also got to say..im not really too fond of my gear. I pretty much have 5/8 of the rogue shadowcraft stuff and am debating if I should go ahead and upgrade to the .5 tier or just start collecting the raid pieces as they drop. I cant wait until we are able to do AQ though...on my old guild we never made it that far.

Most amazing jew boots
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 07:05 AM Local time: May 1, 2006, 07:05 AM #289 of 1941
Knighthawk, only getting FOUR pieces to me is worth it.

It's too much fucking gold to be worth it but hey if you have the money to put out for it then get it. Only reason I'm trying to upgrade to .5 is to have two chances to return energy from stormshroud and stormshroud it'll be kick ass.

http://ctprofiles.net/741423

That is my CT profile with the equips I have and etc. Yeah I don't raid enough to get first dibs since it's done by merit, been too fricken busy with school. All I know is this, I have pretty good equips for being where I am and I do very well in PVP. Even a few rogues in my guild who are really really decked out are surprised how well I do, I just need better equips.

I can't wait to get my SC gloves so I can turn in the quest hten one more piece of darkmantle and I'll be able to have two chances to restore energy for even better DPS, I'm keeping these equips even for PVE(PVP i'll go to other stuff such as NS/BF. I love how BF gloves make you immune to disarm heh.).

Originally Posted by Zio
Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 05:44 AM Local time: May 2, 2006, 10:44 AM #290 of 1941
Thought I should throw this in:

http://ctprofiles.net/773437

Most amazing jew boots
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 07:00 AM #291 of 1941
I got Archimtiros' Ring of Reckoning today, along with the head of nefarian. It's tempting to go for the ring, seeing as C'thun drops a slightly better neck, but i'm still going for the medailon. Just need 2 more items to complete the set, and one of them is the thunderfury.

http://ctprofiles.net/618324

Masanda
Warwick who?

Member 2895

Level 4.40

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 09:15 AM Local time: May 2, 2006, 08:15 AM #292 of 1941
Duuude, Xellos, take the ring. That is the BEST fury DPS ring in the game and is a great ring to have in combo with the Quickstrike Ring.

How ya doing, buddy?
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 11:10 AM #293 of 1941
Masanda's by far the worst warrior to ever exist. Don't listen to him.

But this once, he's right. The ring is crazy-awesome good. Go for that.

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 07:58 PM #294 of 1941
Well you have to realize i'm a tank 99% of the time. I might go fury for a while, but i'll always go back to protection. I think the medailon benefits me a lot more. I'm sure there's some alternative rings to get, like Band of Accuria or something.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 02:48 AM Local time: May 3, 2006, 12:48 AM #295 of 1941
Ugh.

Well, I hit 40 tonight, got my mount, mail, Chain Heal (which I used once and would have taken off my toolbar if it weren't for the fact that I was in the middle of a fight), and learned to make Heavy Mageweave Bandages.

But... well, let's just say that my good mood was ruined shortly after.

So I was on my way to get my mount when I saw somebody looking for a healer for SM Cath. I'm a 21 NS resto build, so I can heal (somewhat). So, I sent a tell over, and got invited.

To a party with two rogues and two hunters.

Looking back, I should have left right then. ;_;

Anyway, I got my mount and then ran. Needless to say, I died. A lot. The worst part, however, was that one of the two hunters completely ignored my cries of "Help, some mobs are turning me into MUSH!" and continued shooting. This continued until Mograine, where we wiped twice: the first from two mobs we had missed joining in, the second from an unlucky pat.

However, before that, the hunter had overpulled once, and while I healed, a good two or three mobs completely WTFBBQPWNT me. And the hunter just stood there, shooting at a fourth mob, while I died. Naturally, we wiped. Again.

Finally, after the second wipe on Mograine, I said "Y'know what? Screw it. I said that I would leave if I died again, and I've died TWICE."

Then, the moron hunter went "bye" and left the party. I assumed at the time that he had left.

Then, he messaged me. The following is the entire context of our little spat, with names removed.

He: u an ass
Me: And you're a worthless hunter.
He: i aint ur damn baby sitter
Me: You are if you want to stay alive.
He: wutever not my fault u cant take care of ur damn self
Me: Oh yeah.
Me: It's COMPLETELY MY FAULT THAT I HAVE NO WAY TO GET RID OF AGGRO.
Me: Seriously.
Me: What part of "dead healer = dead party" DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?
He: and its completly my fault that i cant atract all the damn agro
Me: No, but it's your fault for not TRYING.
Me: I saw you stand there and ignore my cries for help TWICE.
He: Look am not a fucking tank and am not the only one there
He: i was shooting for ur info
Me: Oh, and that completely excuses you ignoring my cries for help.
He: i was shooting ur damn attackers
Me: No you weren't, you were shooting somebody else!
He: thats the best way i can atract agro i am range
Me: Yeah, well funnily enough,
Me: I didn't see you shooting my attackers.
Me: And it doesn't matter if you're not designed to be a tank.
He: well thats ur problem u let my pet die and u dont see me bitching do u?
Me: Gee, because maybe I have to make choices when I'm healing?
He: not if u make them fast enough
Me: It's not a matter of making choices fast enough,
Me: It's a matter of having enough MANA TO MAKE THE CHOICES.
Me: I would hope that somebody who is playing the class with the smallest mana pool in the game would understand.
Me: Shamans have the SECOND smallest mana pool.
He: well am not goin to keep arguing about something that is not even worth wasting my time on
Me: Then why did you message me in the first place?
He: cuz i tought u kicked me out of the group
Me: I'm not the leader, moron.
Me: *Leader* was.
He: well something happen
Me: He was the one to kick you.
Me: Because you desperately needed a whambulance.
He: wutever it doesnt matter now
Me: ...Sorry, that was uncalled for.
He: just forget about it
Me: Done, and done.
He: exactly

*You have now placed "He" on your ignore list.*

Seriously, if you're not a) a healer, or b) a squishy, if you see a healer getting attacked, you fucking DROP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND ATTACK THE MOBS KILLING THE HEALER. It doesn't matter if you're a rogue or a warrior.

FELIPE NO
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 03:41 AM #296 of 1941
Originally Posted by The_Griffin
Ugh.

Well, I hit 40 tonight, got my mount, mail, Chain Heal (which I used once and would have taken off my toolbar if it weren't for the fact that I was in the middle of a fight), and learned to make Heavy Mageweave Bandages.

But... well, let's just say that my good mood was ruined shortly after.

So I was on my way to get my mount when I saw somebody looking for a healer for SM Cath. I'm a 21 NS resto build, so I can heal (somewhat). So, I sent a tell over, and got invited.

To a party with two rogues and two hunters.

Looking back, I should have left right then. ;_;

Anyway, I got my mount and then ran. Needless to say, I died. A lot. The worst part, however, was that one of the two hunters completely ignored my cries of "Help, some mobs are turning me into MUSH!" and continued shooting. This continued until Mograine, where we wiped twice: the first from two mobs we had missed joining in, the second from an unlucky pat.

However, before that, the hunter had overpulled once, and while I healed, a good two or three mobs completely WTFBBQPWNT me. And the hunter just stood there, shooting at a fourth mob, while I died. Naturally, we wiped. Again.

Finally, after the second wipe on Mograine, I said "Y'know what? Screw it. I said that I would leave if I died again, and I've died TWICE."

Then, the moron hunter went "bye" and left the party. I assumed at the time that he had left.

Then, he messaged me. The following is the entire context of our little spat, with names removed.

He: u an ass
Me: And you're a worthless hunter.
He: i aint ur damn baby sitter
Me: You are if you want to stay alive.
He: wutever not my fault u cant take care of ur damn self
Me: Oh yeah.
Me: It's COMPLETELY MY FAULT THAT I HAVE NO WAY TO GET RID OF AGGRO.
Me: Seriously.
Me: What part of "dead healer = dead party" DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?
He: and its completly my fault that i cant atract all the damn agro
Me: No, but it's your fault for not TRYING.
Me: I saw you stand there and ignore my cries for help TWICE.
He: Look am not a fucking tank and am not the only one there
He: i was shooting for ur info
Me: Oh, and that completely excuses you ignoring my cries for help.
He: i was shooting ur damn attackers
Me: No you weren't, you were shooting somebody else!
He: thats the best way i can atract agro i am range
Me: Yeah, well funnily enough,
Me: I didn't see you shooting my attackers.
Me: And it doesn't matter if you're not designed to be a tank.
He: well thats ur problem u let my pet die and u dont see me bitching do u?
Me: Gee, because maybe I have to make choices when I'm healing?
He: not if u make them fast enough
Me: It's not a matter of making choices fast enough,
Me: It's a matter of having enough MANA TO MAKE THE CHOICES.
Me: I would hope that somebody who is playing the class with the smallest mana pool in the game would understand.
Me: Shamans have the SECOND smallest mana pool.
He: well am not goin to keep arguing about something that is not even worth wasting my time on
Me: Then why did you message me in the first place?
He: cuz i tought u kicked me out of the group
Me: I'm not the leader, moron.
Me: *Leader* was.
He: well something happen
Me: He was the one to kick you.
Me: Because you desperately needed a whambulance.
He: wutever it doesnt matter now
Me: ...Sorry, that was uncalled for.
He: just forget about it
Me: Done, and done.
He: exactly

*You have now placed "He" on your ignore list.*

Seriously, if you're not a) a healer, or b) a squishy, if you see a healer getting attacked, you fucking DROP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND ATTACK THE MOBS KILLING THE HEALER. It doesn't matter if you're a rogue or a warrior.

A. Yes, you should have left. :P

B. Hunters like that piss me off. I encountered one waaaay back when my alliance was in STV.

Hunter: Can u help me kill dis elite plz
me: yeah, I need him anyway.

::group::

he then proceeds to aggro 4 creatures, all of them green to me by one level, and they're at least 2 levels higher than him. He sends his pet in and stands back firing, then they go to him and as soon as all 4 go to him, he FDs. STAYING THAT WAY UNTIL I CLEAR THEM OUT. I had to use a fucking potion.

Hunter: ty ty ty ty ty so much.
me: don't ever do that again.
Hunter: wut
me: FD and make me take all the aggro, just because I'm a rogue doesn't mean I can take a beating. I'm not a tank.
Hunter: k sry

we go into the cave and then we meet up with a 40 warrior and he joins up, cause he has to do the elite quest also. everything's fine until we get up to the elite...

Hunter draws aggro before I can sap, warrior is DESPERATELY trying to tank the elite and the other 2 non-elites. Now the elite is orange to me (by 1 level) so I have a hard time trying to attack it. I'm having to go between all three because the hunter FD's and then doesn't stay on a single target, while I have to help the warrior fight whatever he's on. Warrior dies, I then think "Ok the hunter will come in and melee and help me out." NOPE. So I die and I get pissed off.

Hunter: did u kill it.
me: no. I'm done. ::leave group::
Hunter: y did u leeve?
me: because you could have stepped in and helped kill the thing instead of staying range.
Hunter: u r such a moron. im a HUNTER. i RANGE attack, i dont melee
me: You have a SWORD for a reason. USE IT.
Hunter: omg ur such a baby. hunters dont use melee we are RANGED.
me: learn how to play your damn class instead of FDing and staying that way until the battle's over, douche.
Hunter: omg u dont need 2 b playing bcuz u suck and dont no ne thing a/b hunters. HUNTERS DONT MELEE.

it was fucking pointless, what's sad is he's probably end game now and will be one of the ones whining about Brutality Blade being a Hunter weapon and probably has it, too. ._.

I fucking hate people in this game.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 06:17 AM #297 of 1941
Every fucking item in the game is a hunter item, I've seen a hunter get a freaking spinal reaper, and he didn't even regret it. It's starting to get fucking annoying.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 07:17 AM #298 of 1941
Originally Posted by Xellos
Every fucking item in the game is a hunter item, I've seen a hunter get a freaking spinal reaper, and he didn't even regret it. It's starting to get fucking annoying.

The worst arguement I've EVER heard in the damn game was when Brutality Blade dropped off Garr. Both fucking times Hunters were pissed off because they were excluded to roll on it for it being a rogue-set weapon. 20 minutes of screaming, "fuck you"s "not fucking fair"s blah blah blah.

Shit like that is when I seriously consider to not get a new card for the game in 2 weeks and look into a damn MMORPG that there's shit to do in end-game besides raid, raid, raid, grind, raid, grind, raid, raid, and more raiding. I fucking hate the direction Blizzard took Warcraft and changed course mid-flight. But, I guess that's what you get when you hire the most hardcore raiding guild leaders from EQ for dungeon designing and hardcore raid leaders in general for consulting on what "people want in a game".

How ya doing, buddy?

Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 07:25 AM Local time: May 3, 2006, 05:25 AM #299 of 1941
From what I understand the expansion should have oodles of casual content. The game was released with less raid content than non-raid, and as such they made BWL, AQ40, Naxxramas. A lot of casuals can't seem to put the facts together somehow.

The casuals are correct in saying there isn't a whole lot for them to do at 60 that isn't a grind. Burning Crusade should fix that.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 07:37 AM #300 of 1941
I knew someone was going to bring up Burning Crusade, but you know what? It's probably too little, too late for any kind of content like that. Everything has been raid oriented since the inclusion of Dire Maul. (From my understanding) and I highly doubt there would have even been a "band-aid fix" of tier 0.5 gear (holy shit, what a laugh.) if there hadn't been that article in some magazine saying that Blizzard lied about staying casual friendly.

I'll get the expansion, but as far as I'm concerned, I don't know how much longer after I'll stay. Karazhan will be the first "casual" dungeon that has the 3-5 day timer on it, because of it having something like 18 bosses in it. Oh but don't let the fact it's a level 70 dungeon throw anyone off.

Hellfire Citadel is a 5-man dungeon.. that leads into a raid dungeon.

See, I wouldn't be too pissed about 20 man instances, because hell, UBRS was 15 man. Not that hard to get 5 more. But damn, 40 man instances is just crazy and of course the new tier 3 sets that are rumored to be part of Naxx... yeah, I can just see myself, not even decked out in full tier 0, much less ZG gear, going against guilds who have Naxx on farm status in BGs.

It's all about raiding and people having stupid rules to go along with said raiding. It's just dumb.

You raid dungeons to get loot to prepare you to raid the next... it goes on and on and on.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by dagget; May 3, 2006 at 07:39 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft