Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Are you an organ donor?

Maico
─ ─╘Don't rob me of my ─ ─ hate: It's all I have.

Member 4527

Level 17.53

Apr 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 03:55 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 01:55 PM #1 of 33
Are you an organ donor?

I remember when I first got my license, they gave me a card asking me if I wanted to be an organ donor, and I don't remember all of it, nor do I remember if I signed the card (but I think I did), but I think it's just for your internal organs or maybe donating your whole body to science. I know you can donate your body to the local university here and they will use your body for like a decade or so, but they will take care of all transporting and burial costs once it's said and done, so it's a pretty sweet deal if you're broke, since the costs of burials and cemetary plots and all that stuff costs a fortune nowadays, and you should see how much those guys that prep the bodies get paid:

What a joke, if your deceased loves ones knew how much it would cost you to put them in the ground (some people even go into debt with this shit for their family, since they have no life insurance or whatever it is that covers it; don't know why they call it life insurance when you're dead though, go figure), they'd be rolling in their graves. I guess that's why some people opt for cremation, since it's cheaper and all that, plus you can have them hanging around your house: hopefully they won't haunt you and ghosts aren't real (though I'm always hopeful).

Anyway, a long time ago one of my younger cousins had to stay in the hospital because he needed a heart transplant, and he was waiting for a match, and he almost died, but at the last second there was a donor that was able to give him that heart, and now he's still alive and well. I know a lot of people die each day waiting on organs from donors too, so my question if are you a donor, or would you consider the possibility of being an organ donor (or even those full body donors, like the cadavers you get see in your biology classes)?

I think I'm signed up as a donor, but I'll have to make sure, don't know where I can find out, and make sure that I'm signed up as an organ donor, or maybe I'll find out that dealio at the university so they can use my body when I'm dead. I think it's a good way to go out, since you'll be helping someone live their life now that yours is gone. I can be pretty selfish when it comes to some things, but I think this is a good case in where pays not to be selfish. Who knows, maybe one of my family members will need my kidney or something someday. How about you guys?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 05:15 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 06:45 PM #2 of 33
The only list that I am on is the bone-marrow transplant list. I signed up because my cousin has lukiemia and her parents where not a match, so they urged close family members to get tested. I placed the name on the list in case anyone else needed it.

For organs though I am not listed, at least not yet. I do want to sign up.

Most amazing jew boots
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 08:01 PM #3 of 33
Yeah, I'm a donor. Once I die I won't really care that my body remains intact. I don't particularly want to be buried either. I'll either want my ashes spread on my family's homestead, or be made into an heirloom, or both.

I figure, if I'm going to roast my body anyway, why get picky about whether any of the organs are around to enjoy it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 08:29 PM #4 of 33
I will personally ban for a day anyone who says they're not an organ donor without a damned good reason.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Smelnick
Banned

Member 12225

Level 26.09

Sep 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 08:47 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 08:47 PM #5 of 33
I've never been given the option to sign anything saying that I will donate body parts when I die. Either people assume I'll die a tragic death where all body parts are useless, or Manitoba just doesn't have that option as far as I've seen. I've donated blood before. Just once. The running joke with my friends is that one day, after donating a bunch of blood, I'll end up just getting the blood back when I have one of my many stupid accidents. But Yah, I'd totally donate body parts if given the option. Maybe that's something I should look in to.

I was speaking idiomatically.
gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 09:03 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 06:03 PM #6 of 33
I'm more than willing to donate my organs. I can't donate my blood, though. I tried to once but my veins are too small and the needle wouldn't be able to stay in.

How ya doing, buddy?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 09:16 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 07:16 PM #7 of 33
My reason for being an organ donor are pretty much the same as Radez's... Once I'm dead I won't have a fuck-flying use for them anyway so they may as well be used to help someone who CAN be helped. Death is the end of it all but if a piece of me can help extend someone else's life I think that's a pretty noble gesture.

FELIPE NO
Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 09:20 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 07:20 PM #8 of 33
It's very sad in a way... the realization of being diabetic rears it's ugly head again. I'm unable to donate any part of my body because of this. Any loved one that may one day require my help would be left to seek some random donor on a waiting list for Lord knows how long. :/

Though I am quite curious. blue is diabetic as well. Does this mean I could donate something to her if I were a match in all other ways? Something I should ask my doctor...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
J-Man
Taller than a tree

Member 102

Level 23.11

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 09:32 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 07:32 PM #9 of 33
I'm a donor, my parents asked me about it one day. I really couldn't care less what happens to my organs after I die, and I'd be kinda proud if someone in need got some use out of them, assuming corpses can feel pride.

I just hope I have serviceable organs to give away after I'm dead.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Maico

Member 4527

Level 17.53

Apr 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 09:34 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 07:34 PM #10 of 33
Depends on what kind of diabetic you are. Type I, I don't see why not, since the only thing wrong is that the beta cells of your pancreas don't secret insulin, which doesn't affect how other organs in your body operate. Type II, I can see where that might be a problem, since they don't know exactly the cause of problem, and it can be a plethora of problems which affect all cells of your body, not just the pancreas. Insipidus, that has nothing to do with the how the rest of your organs function either.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 09:34 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 06:34 PM #11 of 33
It's the only way I can see helping the world after I'm dead.

Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 09:54 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2007, 10:54 AM #12 of 33
I am not an organ donor and I have no good reason!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Maico

Member 4527

Level 17.53

Apr 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 09:54 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 07:54 PM #13 of 33
Hope u got 10 bux!

Blades Of Ice
=O

Member 6689

Level 7.53

May 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 09:56 PM #14 of 33
About 7 months ago when I went to get a picture done for a new health card they gave me an organ donor card. I checked all the boxes rather quickly, didn't read over what exactly would be donated to science if I suddenly died; but I know that if I suddenly got ran over by a truck, there's going to be some science student hacking away at my body.

It's nice to know that someone will benefit from my death.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Nall
Robotic Operating Buddy

Member 24431

Level 13.42

Sep 2007

Old Dec 5, 2007, 10:30 PM #15 of 33
It's the only way I can see helping the world after I'm dead.
Unless of course you have a particularly inspiring tombstone.

I'm a donor, too - signed up when I got my license. I was a little worried that someone would come knocking at my door with a cooler full of dry ice looking for a kidney or something the next day, but I feel good about it now. It's just the decent thing to do.

FELIPE NO
Maico

Member 4527

Level 17.53

Apr 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 10:31 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 08:31 PM #16 of 33
Maybe they'd come knocking if you were trying to sell it on the black market? I heard kidneys fetch a premium.

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 10:35 PM #17 of 33
I'm definitely a donor. I just don't like the idea of the Collectors showing up the instant I'm dead like a pack of vultures, ready to pick me apart. Yes, I'll be dead, but I'd like to know that they aren't the incarnation of the Grim Reaper.

Most amazing jew boots
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 10:37 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 07:37 PM #18 of 33
Unless of course you have a particularly inspiring tombstone.
Or a lasting piece of art, or literature, or music, or film, and on and on. Or you may be an important figure in history, or an infamous one, who knows?

Checking a box that's entirely inconsequential to your life, one that may have a great bearing on the lives of others', however, is undoubtedly the simplest way to do so.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Maico

Member 4527

Level 17.53

Apr 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 10:38 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 08:38 PM #19 of 33
I wonder if donors ever get whacked because someone needs their parts. Hmm...

Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 10:38 PM #20 of 33
Yes, I'm a donor. Maico, check your license. There could be a symbol that's used to designate a donor.

Ohio has the state of Ohio with a heart in it.

How ya doing, buddy?
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 10:41 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 07:41 PM #21 of 33
I wonder if donors ever get whacked because someone needs their parts. Hmm...
Only on shitty network crime shows.

knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 10:43 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 09:43 PM #22 of 33
I've never been given the option to sign anything saying that I will donate body parts when I die. Either people assume I'll die a tragic death where all body parts are useless, or Manitoba just doesn't have that option as far as I've seen. I've donated blood before. Just once. The running joke with my friends is that one day, after donating a bunch of blood, I'll end up just getting the blood back when I have one of my many stupid accidents. But Yah, I'd totally donate body parts if given the option. Maybe that's something I should look in to.
They give you the organ donor card every time you renew your driver's license. At least, they have done with me.

And yeah, of course I'm signed up.

Most amazing jew boots
Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2007, 12:12 AM #23 of 33
I'm not allowed to be an organ donor. At least, I'm pretty sure I'm not.

FELIPE NO

Baaah~
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2007, 12:45 AM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 10:45 PM #24 of 33
Not to open a can of worms here but may I ask why that is?

Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2007, 01:03 AM #25 of 33
I had cancer but it wasn't isolated to one body part like normal cancers, it was in the lymphatic system which runs throughout your whole body and into all of your organs so there a risk of transferring cancer cells and killing the recipiant. I can't give blood either.

*sigh* this seems to be all I end up talking about these days.

How ya doing, buddy?

Baaah~

Last edited by Fire On Ice; Dec 6, 2007 at 01:15 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Are you an organ donor?