Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

What the hell I was thinking? (we're talking about clothing here)

Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 01:24 AM Local time: May 8, 2006, 12:24 AM #1 of 19
What the hell I was thinking? (we're talking about clothing here)

Right now I'm wearing a black Slipknot T-Shirt I bought about 3 years ago. It isn't that bad, it's just the "S" Logo on the front and the name of the band on the back, I still believe it isn't that bad but I definitely wouldn't buy anything Sliplnot related nowadays.

So, do you have any similar story? Have you ever bought something you never actually wore?

Discutan, perras.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Wai
Syklis Green

Member 3321

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 02:04 AM Local time: May 8, 2006, 09:04 AM #2 of 19
Not really. I buy softwares and peripherals I dont need for my computer. that sucks

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 03:50 AM #3 of 19
Not really clothes but Um, yah... swords, armor. Stuff like that, things I will realistically speaking never need. ever.

Oh once I bought these cosplay chobits ear from ebay. Worst 12$ ever spent.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
[/RIGHT]
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 05:38 AM #4 of 19
I bought this shirt...it's really ugly. Kind of like, grey and brown and blue all mixed together in this weird pattern. The material feels very thick, for a button-up shirt. It's just ugly. I'm never going to wear it again. Apparently I had a brain freeze when I bought it years ago.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Decoy Goat
25 to life on probation

Member 650

Level 16.06

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 07:10 AM #5 of 19
Yes, I still own 'the jeans of spite'.

One time I was in a store with my mother and she spotted some jeans that were totally ripped and covered in paint and commented on how ugly they were. So of course I had to buy them.

I look at them now with some sort of detached bemusement, yet strangely they're the best fitting pair of pants I have ever not worn ;(

I was speaking idiomatically.
I <3 Cheryl.
pisscart deluxe

Member 5656

Level 9.10

Apr 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 07:17 AM #6 of 19
The thread poster is obviously male. ;( Every time I buy clothes, I end up wearing one or two things and absolutely hating the rest because when I get home it's magically ugly, makes me look fat, is too big, or I wonder what the hell possessed me to leave the store with that monstrosity.

For example: last week I bought three shirts, a jacket, and some sandals. Wearing one shirt, and sandals. I'm trying to warm to the jacket since it's a lot of effort returning it. The other two shirts were on sale so who cares.

I waste a lot of money this way - I tried to counterract it by trying on EVERYTHING before I buy it, but it doesn't help.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Tama8-chan
Good Chocobo

Member 952

Level 16.06

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 07:56 AM Local time: May 8, 2006, 11:56 PM #7 of 19
Worst thing i EVER bought were these 2 pairs of jeans over in Vietnam.

I was tryin to be trendy, borderline metro fag by 'uppin my style'.
They were tight jeans. TIGHT. With a bit of flary shit down the bottom.
I couldn't fit into them like 3 weeks after i got back because I gained like 0.00001 kilos, and I've never worn them again.

Loose fit jeans all the way.

FELIPE NO
www.Pietriots.com
Click to receive beer

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 08:30 AM Local time: May 8, 2006, 01:30 PM #8 of 19
I once considered buying a shirt with "Slipkorn of a Down Against The Machine" on the front and "burning stuff is hardcore" on the back, but it wasn't skintight enough, and it clashed horribly with my dyed-black hair and mascara.

In all seriousness, I bought a pair of "authentic" Levi's in Hong Kong. I took them out of my suitcase later, and accidentally trod on the hem - The jeans split cleanly in half. They were only three quid, so I'm not complaining.

Also, I never wear anything my mother buys me. Ever.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Chronciler
Carob Nut

Member 3814

Level 4.12

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 08:47 AM #9 of 19
I've always been very anti-trend with the clothes I buy. It's not that I don't have anything current (I mean, they keep changing the "in" color of jeans and ditching the old "in" color so I can't be much more than a year behind on that), it's just that the stuff I buy is picked specifically to be neutral enough that it never goes out.

That helps when I'm still wearing t-shirts that I've had for 5-6 years. Then again, my more recent stuff tends to be more that retro-trendy 80s pop culture stuff... I've got the Def Leppard, Pac-Man, Thundercats, and Transformers t-shirts to prove it. Dunno.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Unforgiven
How do I reach this fucking orb?

Member 6028

Level 16.56

May 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 09:38 AM #10 of 19
Yeah, I once bought a blue t-shirt with a dragon on it. It was nice and all but damn, I've bought an oversized one. It must be somewhere in my closet under other old stuff. I think I just saw joggings!

If my mom (Or anyone else) buys me some clothes I don't like, I just give it to one of my bro. There is always one that'll like it somewhow.

Most amazing jew boots
Syndrome
Esper

Member 211

Level 19.79

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 10:40 AM Local time: May 8, 2006, 05:40 PM #11 of 19
I bought this black shirt with red and white chinese signs and dragons and shit all over it, never ever used. I don't know why the hell I bought it, but it was like $7 in Greece so..

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 11:13 AM #12 of 19
I once bought a very baggy tie-dyed shirt back when it was "cool". However, now that I look back at the 70's/90's fad, I wonder what was I thinking.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 03:21 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 03:21 PM #13 of 19
I have a huge pile of clothes that I wore only once before deciding that I was either mind-controlled or half-asleep when I bought them. Most of these were jeans, including one that I realized was way too tight, and another pair that looked horrible with the gianormous pockets and zippers. Afterwards, I just decided to stick to either baggy, multi-pocketed pants, or normal flared jeans.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 05:30 PM #14 of 19
Shopping for casual business clothes, I got this egg white sweater, because it fit and it was a solid color. I put it on one day for work and caught a glance of myself in the mirror. I looked so gay that I practically recoiled. So I don't plan on wearing it ever. Dark colors all the way from now on.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Mercury Blue
Here kitty kitty...

Member 595

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 09:10 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 08:10 PM #15 of 19
Ugh A few years ago I bought this rather short skirt thinking it was cute and that I could handle wearing something that short. But being the overly modest person I am, I never ever wore, I kind of knew I would never wear it. Yet I bought it anyways. And it is still in my closet with the tags on it.

Long skirts for me, please!

FELIPE NO
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 09:35 PM #16 of 19
I usually don't dislike things that I've bought for myself... I've got a few shirts that fit me kind of weird and depending on my confidence level that day it'll bother me. though, I tend to go back to wearing clothes of mine that I stopped liking a few years back since they still fit and I for some reason changed my mind about them.

the only things I do tend to dislike are some things that I've bought when my mom was with me. she for some reason used to convince me that I was going to grow out of whatever I happened to buy. thus, I still have a few shirts I'm waiting to "grow into" that I bought a good four years ago. must have been one of those awkward parental moments where she didn't want her daughter buying clothes that were somewhat form fitting. that or she had it in her mind I was going to be overweight rather than end up with the same figure she did.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 09:38 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 07:38 PM #17 of 19
Does it make you sad that your mom thought you were gonna be a chunkmo?

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Little Brenty Brent Brent; May 9, 2006 at 09:50 PM.
ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 09:51 PM #18 of 19
yes brent. I cry on the inside at the dinner table every night. ;_;

There's nowhere I can't reach.
mistershow
Carob Nut

Member 6540

Level 4.22

May 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 12:21 PM #19 of 19
I have these pretty cool plaid pants....but it's impossible to find something to wear on top.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > What the hell I was thinking? (we're talking about clothing here)