Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

weight loss diet

Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 05:13 PM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 03:13 PM #26 of 39
Along "healthy" fast food:

A lot of people got annoyed with me in my journal, but I started replacing all fast food with Subway, which really, really helped. If you do it correctly, (a turkey sub, no cheese, no mayo, spicy mustard, all veggies, no oil, wheat bread) you really get your calories down - a 12 inch sub comes out to less than probably about 600 calories for a LOT of food (you can save half for later).

Taco Bell is a good option when you get fresco style, but it's really hard. I work there. Fresco style is just NOT AS GOOD as the actual, but again, you have to get used to it, I guess.

Even though ultimately it's about expending more energy than you take in, there are a lot of other factors so that it's not merely "calories in, calories out".

If you want my advice (as I am losing a lot of weight recently) go out and exercise for a good fifteen minutes+ a day, aerobic, and just watch what you eat. You'll lose weight, because your metabolism will get a MAJOR boost, which is what you want.

Weight lifting also helps, but for two reasons: (1) for the perpetually overweight, it can be difficult, and therefore you might do less than reccomended, and (2) it's too easy to focus on cosmetic changes when doing that (i.e. the guy with the huge gut working on his biceps is typical; he'd benefit more from a full body approach).

When you run, you don't lose many calories, but as your body chemistry changes to burn more naturally, you'll burn more when you're not exercising, which is the goal.

That being said, the last point to mention is that there is a fine line for a person to know whether or not he's truly hungry or craving foods for the taste. It's absolutely necessary to learn the difference. You should not allow yourself to be hungry, as that is counterproductive. However, you probably could go without eating 3000+ calories a day. Try to listen to your stomach cramps and if you're hungry, eat (well).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dan
Carob Nut

Member 2147

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 03:36 AM Local time: Dec 13, 2006, 04:36 AM #27 of 39
Just a bunch of quick tips:
Tack you eating patterning identify: what your eating when and why this will help you a lot in planning your goals .i.e if you eat when your depressed or stressed you need to develop better coping skills.

Aim for 2 pounds a week max, any more then that is ether very unhealthy or pure water weight.

For those in college see if your health center has any advice, my college has a dietician available for a nominal fee.

Change your environment: add reminders for yourself on the fridge keep fatty foods out of reach, healthy food in plain site, don’t have the food on the table after you serve it you’ll keep giving yourself second helping with out realizing it and so on.

Try the 50% approach reduced the portion size of fatting foods by 50% or eating them half as often.

Watch your fluid intake sweetened beverages and even healthy drinks like juice can add to your calorie level really quickly.

Find an exercise you enjoy doing: running, swimming, sports, poll dancing, doesn’t matter the point is that you can do it for life.

Be careful with sauces and dressing.

Eat slowly listen for you body’s cues that it’s full.

Eat more fiber beans oatmeal it help you feel full.

If you lapse one day and binge on crispy creams don’t beat yourself up over it just learn from it and move on.

If you eat frozen meals lean cuisine healthy choice and kashi make good options you can try.

Look for good recipes that suit your life style the net can help you here.

Subscribe to a healthy living newsletter or magazine to help you stay the course for life (one of my professors recommends nutrition action published by CSPI http://www.cspinet.org/nah/index.htm I find it too overdramatic for my taste, see the preview and see if you like the over the top tone or not.) Again find a publication you can read every mouth. Make changes for the long term

How ya doing, buddy?
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2007, 04:34 AM Local time: Jan 13, 2007, 02:34 AM #28 of 39
Wow - really? What are you doing to keep from getting hungry but yet maintaining a <2000 calorie diet?

I'd love to know, because I could probably use a life style change. My diet usually consists of red meat and coffee.

Do you have to put up with the bullshit of eating rice cakes and shit like that? I just LOVE food too much to be able to sacrifice taste. ;_;
You're right Sass, eating bullshit things like rice cakes and starving yourself in addition to eating something that taste resembles something like stale cardboard is not a lifestyle I would prefer either.

My secret is eating small amounts but in multiple sessions. I'll eat what I damn well please, but I just can't take too much of anything in one sitting.
7AM: wake-up and have breakfast. Usually I'll opt for a piece of toast with a couple of eggs scrambled over (if available, I'll mix in some greenies, either chives or parsely and sprinkle a tiny bit of cheese over the hot eggs, yum). OR, a small cup/bowl of rice (about 1.5-2 scoops) with an egg over it over-medium or pickles.
10AM: 1 Riceball or 1 very small donut, also a cup of coffee (2 packs of sugar, 2 things of creme, usually no more condiments in my coffee than that)
Lunch: Salad or a medium size soup. Sometimes a half-sandwich. A burger (no cheese, no mayo, tiny bit of mustard + ketchup) meal with fries if I skipped either breakfast or the AM snack. Usually water for my drink, but I'll opt for a soda if I'm feeling drowsy or if I need to perk up a bit. Diet? No, but I tend to keep it to something less sugary, like doing half and half lemonade + sprite. I'm big on flavors, but not so much on sugar.
3PM: Snack. I'll usually have whatever I had leftover for lunch if any. Usually a couple pieces of chocolate (or a cookie/cracker or two) + sweetened coffee. I'll opt for tea if I don't feel like in-taking sugar in my drink.
6PM~8PMish: Dinner. Big meal. Get a good balance of carbs, fiber, and plenty of veggies for vitamin essencials. I opt for fish rather than red meats, simply because I grew up eating fish and tofu for my main source of protein, so that's what I like. If using ground meat, I use turkey. To me, nothing's better than a bowl of rice, a nicely char-broiled piece of slightly salted fish, a heaping helping of somekind of vegetable, and miso soup.

Dessert: only if I'm feeling emotional the need for it. I've kinda grown out of the sweet tooth thingy and don't get much of a craving for cakes and such anymore.

There's a lot of lucky features I have that not everyone has. For one thing, I have a very small puny stomach. Mine is around 75-80% of what my normal size of stomach should be. Because of that, I really can't eat much in one sitting without feeling the urge to barf. So because my body can't sustain enough energy with the normal 3 meal a day plan, I have to eat as much small portioned meals as many times as I can during the day.
Another big blessing in disguise thing is that I'm lactose intolerant. I can't stomach things that are heavy in butter, creme, and cheese. I can eat a pizza slice once in a while but I can't eat more than 3 slices without regretting it later. Ice cream kills my stomach; the cold and the dairy of it just makes my stomach revolt in a vengence and I usually end up spending quite a bit of time sitting in the toilet.

Another thing is a trick I learned from Oprah: I stop eating no less than 2 hours before I go to bed. I try to keep a strict bedtime during the weekdays, so naturally if I don't have dinner by a certain time, I'll usually eat something really small (almost like a lite-lunch) or I'll skip eating for the night all together and just make sure I get plenty of sleep and have a big breakfast the next day.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Pez

Member 4367

Level 10.22

Mar 2006

Old Jan 24, 2007, 07:58 AM Local time: Jan 24, 2007, 11:58 PM #29 of 39
They say to lose weight, just eat less. But if you would like to keep it off, you need some form of regular exercise. Otherwise, look forward to bouncing back.

One useful method is to record exactly what you eat every day: you don’t even have to calorie count. Organize it in a simple fashion: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks and Drinks. If you try it for a few weeks you’ll actually think about what you’re putting into your mouth more often. So if you’re snacking on chocolate every hour or drinking litres of coke each day, a record of those unhealthy habits will be staring you in the face.

I was speaking idiomatically.
WRX DRAGON
SSSHHORRREEE BUDDAAY

Member 5601

Level 10.12

Apr 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 09:19 AM #30 of 39
I dont know about a diet, but i do know that for me sit ups and running helped me lose a lot.

Most amazing jew boots
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 09:56 AM Local time: Jan 28, 2007, 03:56 PM #31 of 39
Now you might not like to hear this, but... try the sugar-free foods. I know, I know, I balked at the idea at first, too. Like diet soda? Took some getting used to. That stuff is nasty when you first drink it.
It stays pretty nasty. I'd rather just quit drinking soda than go with diet soda. In fact I have quit drinking soda, but that's besides the point. The point is that artificial sweeteners are nasty, and I'm convinced they will give everyone cancer soon enough.

FELIPE NO
BlueEdge
Chocobo

Member 7460

Level 12.76

May 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 11:22 AM #32 of 39
I've been slowly losing weight since the summer and I've just been doing a couple of things. When eating meat and you see a giant chunk o' fat, cut it off, and throw it out. When eating KFC or any kind of chicken, try your best to rip off the skin and not eat it. At dinner, eat enough, you don't need to feel bloated at every meal. When coming across snacks like chocolate bars, think to yourself whether you really need it or not. Drink water instead of pop, and if you're really in need of something sweet, drink some juice or milk. Indulging yourself is good but keep it to a minimum. Go to the gym, do some cardio. I go to the cross trainer, put it on max level and in 30 minutes that's 500ish calories. But you always have to remember that muscle mass is greater than fat mass so even though you're doing all of this, you might gain weight or stay at the same, but you now have good weight instead of fat weight.

While I was bored one day I read the following on howstuffworks and it kinda allows you to set a frame for yourself. I am burning this much, how much should I consume. What is my daily quota.

But when losing weight, never starve yourself, its unhealthy for both mind and body.

Good luck!

The following is from Howstuffworks.com
http://health.howstuffworks.com/diet1.htm

Your Body's Efficiency
Have you ever wondered why, for so many people (and especially for anyone older than 30 years old), weight gain seems to be a fact of life? It's because the human body is way too efficient! It just does not take that much energy to maintain the human body at rest; and when exercising, the human body is amazingly frugal when it comes to turning food into motion.

At rest (for example, while sitting and watching television), the human body burns only about 12 calories per pound of body weight per day (26 calories per kilogram). That means that if you weigh 150 pounds (68 kg), your body uses only about:

150 X 12 = 1,800 calories per day

Twelve calories per pound per day is a rough estimate -- see How Calories Work for details.

Those 1,800 calories are used to do everything you need to stay alive:

* They keep your heart beating and lungs breathing.
* They keep your internal organs operating properly.
* They keep your brain running.
* They keep your body warm.

In motion, the human body also uses energy very efficiently. For example, a person running a marathon (26 miles or 42 km) burns only about 2,600 calories. In other words, you burn only about 100 calories per mile (about 62 calories per km) when you are running.

You can see just how efficient the human body is if you compare your body to a car. A typical car in the United States gets between 15 and 30 miles per gallon of gasoline (6 to 12 km/L). A gallon of gas contains about 31,000 calories. That means that if a human being could drink gasoline instead of eating hamburgers to take in calories, a human being could run 26 miles on about one-twelfth of a gallon of gas (0.3 L). In other words, a human being gets more than 300 miles per gallon (120 km/L)! If you put a human being on a bicycle to increase the efficiency, a human being can get well over 1,000 miles per gallon (more than 500 km/L)!

That level of efficiency is the main reason why it is so easy to gain weight, as we will see in the next section.

The Idea Behind Dieting
Let's imagine that you are overweight and you would like to lose several excess pounds. To lose 1 pound of fat, what you have to do is burn off 3,500 calories. That is, over a period of time, you have to consume 3,500 calories less than your body needs. There are several ways you can create that deficit. If you assume that you weigh 150 pounds and that your body at rest needs 1,800 calories per day (150 * 12 = 1,800) to live, here are several examples (some realistic, some not):

* You could lie in bed and starve yourself. Since you are lying in bed, you are consuming 1,800 calories per day. Since you are starving yourself, you are taking in no calories. That means that, every day, you create a deficit of 1,800 calories and, approximately every two days, you will lose 1 pound of body weight.

* You could consume fewer calories than your body needs. For example, you might choose to consume 1,500 calories per day rather than the required 1,800 by controlling what you eat. That creates a 300-calorie deficit every day. That means that approximately every 12 days, you will lose 1 pound of weight (12 days x 300 calories = 3,600 calories).

* You could consume 1,800 calories per day and then choose to jog 2 miles (3.2 km) every day. The jogging would burn about 200 calories per day, and over the course of 18 days you would burn about 1 pound of body weight (18 days x 200 calories = 3,600 calories).

* You could consume 2,500 calories per day and run 10 miles per day. You will burn 1,800 calories per day at rest and then 1,000 calories per day running, for a total of 2,800 calories. You are consuming 300 calories fewer than you need, so you would lose a pound every 12 days or so (300 calories x 12 days = 3,600 calories).

As you can see from these examples, the only way to lose fat is to consume fewer calories per day than your body needs. For every 3,500 calories that your body takes from its fat reserves, you lose 1 pound (0.45 kg) of body fat. You can create the deficit either by monitoring and restricting your intake of calories, or by exercising, or both.

The idea behind most diets -- everything from Weight Watchers to the grapefruit diet -- is simply to help you somehow lower the number of calories that you consume each day. That's all they do.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Jan 30, 2007, 01:08 AM #33 of 39
You're not going to build any muscle on the cross-trainer, sorry. All you can do during cardio is try not to lose muscle. And the best way to do that is brief, high intensity interval training. You should also perform resistance training. Both of these will continue to burn calories after you're done.

You know what's better than eating KFC and tearing the skin off? Not eating KFC! There's nothing wrong with fatty meats; fat is damn good for you. It's the damn breading on the outside and all the trans fats that'll kill ya.

You want something sweet? Eat a piece of fucking FRUIT. Don't even think about calorie-containing beverages. Yes, you do get used to the taste of diet soda, and no, it probably won't give you cancer.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jan 30, 2007, 01:18 AM Local time: Jan 29, 2007, 11:18 PM #34 of 39
It stays pretty nasty. I'd rather just quit drinking soda than go with diet soda.
Well for one year, I gave up soda and coffee (since I put so much creme and sugar in it that I gained 10 lbs. since I became dependent on it as a daily essential) for Lent. Nothing in my diet changed except that I gave up coffee and carbonated drinks, but I lost 5 lbs by Easter. It was a slightly healthier plan than anything considering I was a college student at the time working 30+ hours a week. Granted though I did have to have a LOT of control over my bedtime due to the fact I couldn't depend on drinks to help me stay awake; I just had to get the ample amount of sleep I needed.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
BlueEdge
Chocobo

Member 7460

Level 12.76

May 2006

Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:50 PM #35 of 39
You're not going to build any muscle on the cross-trainer, sorry. All you can do during cardio is try not to lose muscle. And the best way to do that is brief, high intensity interval training. You should also perform resistance training. Both of these will continue to burn calories after you're done.

You know what's better than eating KFC and tearing the skin off? Not eating KFC! There's nothing wrong with fatty meats; fat is damn good for you. It's the damn breading on the outside and all the trans fats that'll kill ya.

You want something sweet? Eat a piece of fucking FRUIT. Don't even think about calorie-containing beverages. Yes, you do get used to the taste of diet soda, and no, it probably won't give you cancer.
Doing the cross-trainer is good for burning calories, but I never said that was the only thing I did. Seeing as this was a weight loss thread I didn't post about weight training.
Yes, not eating KFC or chocolate is the best but sometimes it's hard to say no. Not in terms of willpower but in terms of you're at a friends and everyone pitches to get KFC. If everyone agrees on it, you might not want to be a dick and order something by yourself.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 03:17 AM #36 of 39
Be a dick! To steal a line from Dan John, fat loss is fucking war! Get out the big guns, man. If anyone gets in your way, mow him down. It's not supposed to be easy. You're not going to win if you run into battle with pants down around your ankles. Victory requires planning; bring a healthy snack so you don't get caught in that kind of situation. When I'm cutting, I don't eat my own birthday cake. Maybe you should find some more supportive friends or, I don't know, grow a pair and tell them you can't eat that garbage.

It's a weight loss thread so you didn't post about weight training? Did we not just establish that weight training should be a primary tool in body recomposition?

You don't have to get defensive. I may be an asshole, but only because I hear the same shit all the time. I'm certainly not attacking you personally for being misguided. I'm just trying to set everything straight so we can all be lean, happy people.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Will; Jan 31, 2007 at 03:21 AM.
chibilola
thats it

Member 568

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 01:35 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2007, 11:35 AM #37 of 39
It's kinda funny how weight loss was and is a fad and everyone is an expert. (hey no insults, just saying)

It's basically routine, whether it's excersize, diet as long you don't commit to it you're not doing more then eating diet coke with fries. Get used to walking to places and drinking water, NOT diet coke or jamba juice and crap. Start cooking for yourself, it's so much cheaper and healthier.

I'll be honest, I'm sorta puzzled by people who wants to lose weight and most of them either don't need to, or they're nip picky about what they eat but don't hesitate to take a bite off of a chocolate bar or some guilty food they like. Train yo self!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Prons
Syklis Green

Member 19963

Level 7.40

Feb 2007

Old Feb 23, 2007, 08:36 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2007, 06:36 PM #38 of 39
Hi.

My doctor always says to just eat less, as in, not change what you eat, just eat less of it, and maybe change some of the bad things with healthier things. Like, if you went out for pizza, instead of eating four slices, eat two slices and a salad or something.

Exercise helps too, it's not too hard, if you have a treadmill you can set it to 2.5 MPH and walk a mile in 25 minutes. Easily enough time to watch the office while walking. I lost 9 KG in between December and February. Also, don't drink diet soda, it just makes you more hungry.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Prons; Feb 23, 2007 at 08:44 PM.
Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 12:30 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2007, 12:30 PM #39 of 39
From my experience losing weight is not terribly difficult. I lost ten pounds over the course of one summer (mind you I'm not overweight, I'm at the lower end of the average bmi section), and I'm sure that peple who are overweight would lose weight twice as fast if you follow easy steps that I took.

Like everyone said, eat less. Did you know that you are only supposed to eat a portion of meat during a meal that is equivalent to a deck of cards? That's how little of (meat) you should eat! Vegetables, I say stack them up. No one can get enough of them. You can occasionally squander on ice cream or a pack of chips, but consider the portion of those as well. Don't eat like half a can of Pringles, and don't eat a cup of ice cream.

Second, get into some form of physical exercise. Cutting down on food alone is enough to lose weight, if you do it right, but exercise will make it go down faster. Not to mention make you feel better about your cardiovascular health. Engage in exercise that requires your heartrate to be high for more than 20 minutes, preferably 30 minutes. Jogging, fast walking, whatever. Do it at least three times a week. After that, stretch. Lengthen your muscles, and did I mention that stretching also burns calories? Same goes with weight lifting, which actually does the opposite of lengthening your muscles (that is why stretching is so important).

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > weight loss diet