Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

health with oils and proteins

Bredow
Banned

Member 2835

Level 10.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 10:58 PM #1 of 6
health with oils and proteins

So im trying to lose weight, while working out to convert fat to lean meat, or at least lose fat and gain lean meat.

I got some whey protein shake, some olive oil, and some fish oil.

Do you guys know anything about these? when i should take them? Is it best to take the oils at night and the protein after a workout?

I just know that supplement type things require good timing or they wont work as well. if anyone can shed some light id appreciate it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Lunar Seal
i wish my grass was emo so it would cut itsself

Member 12670

Level 9.15

Sep 2006

Old Feb 13, 2007, 06:32 PM #2 of 6
Uhm, I don't think it really matters when you take the oils.
You weren't planning on drinking the olive oil straight up, were you? I'd imagine that would just be plain disgusting... don't even get me started on the fish oil. If these are capsules, I'd just follow the directions on the bottle.

As for the protein shake, I'd say after a workout. Your body is in the resting stage re-building and everything, and since protein re-builds... well, you get the idea.

But the best way to lose weight and build lean muscle is to diet (duh)- eating lots of veggies, fish, fruit, etc - and exercise with a combination of weight training. I hear yoga/pilates work wonders, also.

How ya doing, buddy?
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 02:10 AM Local time: Feb 13, 2007, 11:10 PM #3 of 6
I'll move this to the Kitchen as it seems more appropriate to be there.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 03:33 AM #4 of 6
Olive oil. Not as disgusting as you may think.
It's just like when you want more protein. crack an egg into your oatmeal, once you stir it up, you barely taste it. Same with olive oil.
I used a whey protein shake also. 64g of protein in one serving. o__o

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
[/RIGHT]
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 08:46 PM Local time: Feb 14, 2007, 06:46 PM #5 of 6
64 grams? What is that shake, laced with Creatine? Most that I know is about 20 - 42 ones even the pre-made ones.

Fish oil has omega-3 fatty acids; healthy for the heart. Another good source of Omega-3 is Flax seed.

Apparently you need carbohydrates before a work-out (sup Gatorade or something similar) and Protein post-workout. Diet is also important; lean more on the grilled side of things, such as grilled chicken breast or some sort.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2007, 01:57 AM #6 of 6
Yes it had some creatine in it. This was one you mixed yourself. It recommended 4 scoops but I usually just used three because I drink 3% milk anyway. so it was too rich.

How ya doing, buddy?
[/RIGHT]

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > health with oils and proteins