Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Dinklageforce: Interdinklage Dinklage

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2014, 03:05 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2014, 08:05 PM #26 of 65
OK, it's PlayStation based, but there's now a group/PS clan for Destiny for our lot:

Bungie : Clans : Belkan Airforce : Forum | Bungie.net

Go ahead and join. I'll need to give approval but I'll do that swiftly (and will make Skills and admin so he can do it too).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2014, 06:43 PM #27 of 65
I'll join but I won't be on PS4 for a while, still on last gen. Right now I've got a 360 copy coming from Gamefly because most of my regular console gaming crew is still on there. As soon as we're all able though we're moving to PS4, hopefully within the next few months (which is also why I don't want to spend $60 on an Xbox copy).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2014, 01:14 AM Local time: Sep 10, 2014, 12:14 AM #28 of 65
It would be great if you can record your matches the way you've been doing with MK8. I'm on PS3 and I'll stick there for a while.

It's a fun game and I'm having a great time, but I need to invest more time on it to give a definite opinion.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:15 PM Local time: Sep 10, 2014, 10:15 AM #29 of 65
If anyone hasn't bought it yet and wants to, it's $50 on eBay today. The Xbone version's on sale for $50, but lol Xbone.

I was speaking idiomatically.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2014, 04:53 PM #30 of 65
Once you join the group and Omagnus approves you, you also need to click the "Set as Playstation Clan" button to actually join the clan.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:19 AM Local time: Sep 13, 2014, 12:19 AM 2 #31 of 65
This is a great single player game

FELIPE NO
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2014, 12:29 PM Local time: Sep 17, 2014, 11:29 AM #32 of 65
So it's been a week, what are your impressions on the game?

My Level 21 Hunter with Bloodpact shader

Mine:

Spoiler:

It's a fun, addictive, motherfucking gem of a game. It's not perfect, of course, and I agree when the reviewers say the story is paper thin. I crave for a robust, thick storyline to go along with the multiplayer and competitive aspects of the game.

I don't mind grinding the same levels over and over again but I'm not sure if it will be the same in a month, which leads me to the DLC. It's such a shame that this the norm now, but what the heck, if the strikes are half as fun as they're on the base game I'll take the bait.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2014, 01:42 PM Local time: Sep 17, 2014, 12:42 PM 2 #33 of 65
Game is hollow, empty and unfinished. Crucible is an unbalanced mess. Loot mechanics are broken. The story falls flat on it's ass and the grind is hilariously bad. Weapon variety took a dump somewhere along the line too.

It deserves the 6.5/10s it's been getting.

It's still fun, but a lot of that stems from the co-op experience and the quality gunplay. The act of shooting people in the head is great. Excellent, even. The levels are gorgeous, if not completely devoid of any reason to explore them. Love looking at the skyboxes, love looking at the mobs, love popping them. Wish I had a reason to find alternate routes, because the level 20 enemies guard...nothing. No reason to go down alternate paths.

Say what you will about loot 'em ups, but gearing up is still a quality itch to scratch. The method OF gearing up is complete horseshit, but you put up with it because the movement is wonderful, the act of interacting with these environments and enemies is pretty rad. I just wish you got to do more of it than just "go over here, insert dinklage bot, fight three waves of dudes".

I've enjoyed the strikes, although the bosses themselves are spongy. They are a good length, and a good challenge. The rewards for doing so are generally shit, though.

There is a good game here, and there's even a great one buried under all the flaws, but god damn.

More than practically any other game I've played in a LONG time, this is made by it's co-op. If I didn't have Omagnus to play with, I'd probably be done with it already.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Sep 17, 2014 at 01:55 PM.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2014, 05:34 PM #34 of 65
Yeah, the game is WILDLY inconsistent quality-wise. I'll probably write up something at some point, but I agree with the general sentiment that it's a "beautiful mess" of a game. At it's super fundamental center it's a blast to play, but what the game is actually filled with to do is not super great. I'm still playing it because it scratches a great OCD itch I have, and it's fun with friends. I'm not sure what kind of long-term prospects I have with it.

100% agree with all of the comparisons to Assassins Creed 1 where they have the backbone and framework for an amazing game, then AC2 knocked it out of the park. In this case I think there's a lot of things they can patch in short-term for improvements. I'm curious to see what the first paid DLC that hits in December is like.

Still not sure how I feel about Crucible, partially because I haven't really gotten to play with friends in it. It seems general bullshit all around though; WAYYYYYYY too much shit one-shots you. I feel like most of my deaths AND kills are kinda bullshit; a lot of "man if I was that guy I just killed I'd be pissed". I think my main issue with it is that I sometimes lose encounters where I can't tell if it was a skill issue or a gear issue. Even with level advantages disabled stats on weapons like Impact very much matter, and I don't get any feedback on to if I lost that encounter because all things being equal I would have won but his shit was slightly better than mine, or what. Makes it hard to improve.

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2014, 07:14 PM Local time: Sep 17, 2014, 05:14 PM #35 of 65
Level 10, mostly solo. Skills pretty much laid out some of my concerns on the game.

At this point, I may as well probably return this game after playing it for a month.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2014, 08:47 PM #36 of 65
Outside of maybe grinding a bit when your friends aren't on, I would not recommend this game to anyone playing solo or mostly solo. It's equivalent to Borderlands (or worse) in that regard.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2014, 09:11 PM Local time: Sep 17, 2014, 08:11 PM #37 of 65
It's shithouse in solo. Borderlands was better.

Your Crucible concerns are spot on, the game has painted itself into a corner with it's reliance on supers and associated horseshit. And I definitely feel that the more I give it a go, the less I'm liking the PVP.

I want to try the Raid, since I hear there was actual effort put into the design of that thing and people actually need to do something other than survive 3 waves of AI that throw themselves at you, but I'm not sure.

Being entirely locked in terms of progress based on loot drops and hilarity grinding of rep in the SLOWEST PROCESS EVER really isn't that cool.

Hard to believe this is what half a billion dollars buys.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2014, 01:59 AM Local time: Sep 18, 2014, 06:59 AM #38 of 65
I've not hated playing it solo, but the game is much more fun with people and so yeah would agree that you shouldn't bother unless you have someone you can get on with. It's amazing because a game so built on social play features no tools to actually engage in social aspects and create groups on the go. I've tried sending invites to people I've ended up fighting alongside and never get anywhere.

Skills has already touched on many of my thoughts as we've been discussing it. Basically that it's a good game that falls down in way too many places to be great. It's a shame because it's almost there, but I'll be damned if I fund a DLC campaign in the hope that they flesh out some of the hollow content that is in the base game.

And since I've now gotten there: I will say my biggest issue with end game progress is, as Skills points out, that it is entirely based on luck with drops. Until you grind to fuck to get to level 3 reputation with factions you have no chance to influence the quality of light gear you get so you're just waiting on the RNG to roll in your favour (which it does not seem inclined to do).

None of this is going to stop me playing the game, but it's not going to hold me attention too long once other games start dropping this month.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2014, 09:59 PM #39 of 65
This is a pretty good summation of Crucible:

Sorry for the shit quality. All of those drops are blues except the top 2. Also this was on Control, and I had more captures than anyone else.

Most amazing jew boots
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:44 PM Local time: Sep 18, 2014, 10:44 PM 3 #40 of 65
Saw an exotic drop for a dude with a 0.2 KD/R earlier.

"SmokeWeedErryDay found SOME CRAZY BULLSHIT"

I hope he dies IRL

Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:18 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2014, 10:18 AM #41 of 65
I just got my first exotic from the vendor who shows once a week. It was worth 13 Strange Coins. I don't feel particularly lucky or tired of grinding during the past week. Also, you can only use one exotic armor or weapon at a time so, I think I'm set for the time being.

Spoiler:

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:47 AM Local time: Sep 20, 2014, 12:47 AM #42 of 65
"I don't even have time to tell you why I don't have time to tell you"

Oh god

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2014, 03:36 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2014, 02:36 PM 2 #43 of 65
Sure, the shootin and knifin Covenant, Flood, and those dudes from the Fifth Element is fun, but the design decisions they made in a lot of other areas are puzzling. I understand why they just have the Monitor exposition at you while you shoot things (because shooting things is the well done part of the game), so that you aren't slowed down by story scenes constantly when you're running with buddies. Understanding a design decision doesn't make it a good design decision though. Then there is loot/vendors. Having 50 different currencies that take forever to accumulate is not a good idea when at the end of the day, there simply isn't much content to the game. How many people are going to go back and play any of the 18-20 story missions a second time or do patrols when they don't have active bounties? So that just leaves you with running the same handful of strike missions or PVP while waiting for DLC?

And who came up with the various names of places and things in this game? Possibly the worst bunch of lore naming ever. Let's call this firewall thingy Rasputin, because it is located in Russia. Get it? I'm super clever right? Hey, we have to go to the World's Grave to destroy the Sword of Deathblood, but in order to get in there, we need to pour the Jar of Tears onto the Padlock of Hate to unlock it. Maybe that is what they spent their budget on, thesauri and history books.

I don't know, it just feels like a launch title. It feels like they worked on making sure everything looked really pretty and played smooth and then realized that their deadline was coming up soon and hadn't really much about content or giving the player a purpose, so they just hurriedly threw the rest together. "My house guests are going to be here in fifteen minutes and I'm not done straightening up...let's just push everything else under the bed and hope they don't notice!"

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2014, 04:03 PM 5 #44 of 65
holy shit russ is alive

#654: Braixen
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:54 AM Local time: Sep 22, 2014, 10:54 AM #45 of 65
Yeah, this game can only be described as "a shame", I'm basically done with it now.

Too bad. If someone asked me a few months ago if "two weeks" was as long as this was gonna last for me, I'd go "that seems unlikely", but here we are.

Exceptionally frustrating, I was hoping for a long term co-op experience. Guess I'm going to have to keep looking for that.

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Sep 22, 2014 at 11:58 AM.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:59 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2014, 06:59 PM #46 of 65
I was hoping for a long term co-op experience. Guess I'm going to have to keep looking for that.
YouTube Video

Admittedly this is vs footage but the terrorist hunt in this can only be awesome.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2014, 01:46 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2014, 12:46 PM #47 of 65
Yeah, these staged MP examples aren't going to be anything like what the final game will play like.

And after the last few Tom Clancy's whatevers, I'd be hard pressed to be that psyched about anything further. We'll see.

FELIPE NO
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2014, 02:02 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2014, 08:02 PM #48 of 65
Haha, clearly any game involving internet randoms would never play out anything like that but I always had a blast playing co-op in previous Tom Clancy games, Rainbow Six moreso than Ghost Recon and the Terrorist Hunt in Vegas 2 was especially good.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2014, 03:06 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2014, 02:06 PM 1 #49 of 65
Needs more hiding in the corner with the riot shield and pistol shenanigans.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2014, 05:05 PM #50 of 65
Yeah, these staged MP examples aren't going to be anything like what the final game will play like.

And after the last few Tom Clancy's whatevers, I'd be hard pressed to be that psyched about anything further. We'll see.
Actually press at E3 got to play the game and they all said it actually shockingly did play out exactly like the stage demo. I agree with the sentiment though that all of the TC games have been going down the shitter for a while now, so we'll see.

Most amazing jew boots

Tags
russ lives, the south rises again

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Dinklageforce: Interdinklage Dinklage