Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Fantasy Life: Level-5 going kinda Harvest Moon

Hindman
Good Chocobo

Member 3792

Level 15.57

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2009, 11:54 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2009, 09:54 PM #1 of 8
Fantasy Life: Level-5 going kinda Harvest Moon

Level-5 announces Fantasy Life for DS | RPG Land: RPG reviews, wallpapers, news and more since 1999.

Quote:
At the LEVEL 5 VISION conference, Level-5 unveiled its newest RPG, Fantasy Life. The game will be designed by Level-5, but developed by Brownie Brown, the company responsible for titles such as Blue Dragon Plus, Magical Starsign, and Mother 3.

Images and info

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2009, 12:17 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2009, 03:17 PM #2 of 8
Well I'm personally excited for this. It looks more like Mother 3 than Magical Starsign, which is a good thing. It's also good to see what looks like a nice quirky title come to the DS---the graphics look charming and I'm sure the musical score will be great (21 vocal themes? DS record, most probably).

Even if previews turn out to be largely negative, I'll still give Brownie Brown the benefit of the doubt and keep an eye on the game's development. And jeez, don't those screenshots of gameplay just give you a warm feeling of nostalgia?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Aug 26, 2009, 03:33 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2009, 06:33 PM #3 of 8
Character art totally reminds me of Little King's Story. I like the fact that it won't have any battles. Fuck battles. I hope you can choose to be that blue frog as one of the jobs at the start of the game.

How ya doing, buddy?
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2009, 04:39 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2009, 07:39 PM #4 of 8
I hope you can choose to be that blue frog as one of the jobs at the start of the game.
Definitely. And that floating sunglasses-wearing slug with a dagger and frying pan/bum-bag. That'd be awesome!

And regarding Little King's Story, isn't there a character in that game that looks just like the guy with the mustache in the lower right corner?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2009, 04:51 AM 4 #5 of 8
No, Level-5.

This is not the Dark Cloud game you should be making.

Cut it out.

I was speaking idiomatically.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2009, 04:59 AM #6 of 8
And regarding Little King's Story, isn't there a character in that game that looks just like the guy with the mustache in the lower right corner?
Yeah, that guy does look a lot like your bull-knight advisor from Little King's Story.

I'm always down for a good farming game, though I am a little worried about the controls. Magical Starsign is the only Brownie Brown game that I've played, and I really hope they don't implement stylus-based movement like that. Otherwise this looks like fun.

Also yes, WHERE IS MY DARK CLOUD 3, LEVEL-5?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2009, 08:02 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2009, 08:02 AM #7 of 8
Dark Cloud 3. When is it coming ;( Sigh. I guess I'll go back and beat #2. I always get close, but not quite :x

FELIPE NO
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Hindman
Good Chocobo

Member 3792

Level 15.57

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2009, 01:04 PM Local time: Aug 26, 2009, 11:04 AM 1 #8 of 8
Well, on the upside for this, Level-5 is designing everything, but development is being handled by Brownie Brown, so its hands won't be tied.

About Dark Cloud 3, look guys:
I liken this to making sweet love to a fine lady.

She got all excited and you guys did your thing that first time, and it was pretty good, all thngs considered. You then did it some more, in the same sort of way, but it was clearly better because now she (Level-5) was more experienced.

But now, times have changed. You're asking her to do something new and freakier (PS3) than what she did before that got so gradually better at (the PS2 titles) and was eventually so mindblowing (DC2).

If she's not properly prepared, good and mentally ready for such a thing, she might attempt it just to please you but then totally botch the attempt.

So I say, while I'm hotly anticipating it, I realize that if my waiting can indirectly make it better, that's cool, I guess.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Fantasy Life: Level-5 going kinda Harvest Moon