Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

I want to help my friend

hyun86
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 28508

Level 1.73

Mar 2008

Old Mar 4, 2008, 02:51 AM #1 of 32
I want to help my friend

Hello, it's been a long time since i been here. Once again, i need another advice. I have a friend who is staying here illegally. Yes, she is illegal immigrant and shes been living here for 10 years now.

Here is where problem starts. She and her family have been struggling to get Permanent resident card for 10 years with no luck, they have immigraition lawyer and so far have been rejected 2 times for unknown reasons. Last week, she received the notice that her request for green card has be rejected and was left with following choices. 1. Appeal and hope for the best, 2. Get deported if appeal doesnt go through, 3. Marry a guy with citizenship. Well.. lastly freedom act which Barack Obama is pushing.

All of above mentioned method are uncertain and if she does get deported, she wont be able to come back for 10 years. She have been working her ass off to go to pharmacy school and after 2-3 years of college, 3.7gpa and countless exams, she have finally met the req to be accepted to pharmacy school. Unfortunately, she thought she was going to get green card this year and that is why she worked so hard. If she gets deported, she loses years of hard work, her friends and childhood. She also wont be able to comeback for 10 years, and that's not even certain. They might not even let her come back permanently.

I want to help her, but i dont know what to do. I have green card, i been too lazy to get us citizenship but im considering after she told me her situation. Yes, im thinking about marrying her so that she can get her citizenship. But im not sure what kind of impact that will have in my life. What are some things that i should know and will it be really worth it? I want to help a friend, but dont want to jeopordize my life at the same time.

This is really unfair for some people. I thought this was country of oppurtunity? She was never criminal nor convicted of any, it wasnt her decision to come to US, she simply had no choice but to follow her parent. Why does the law constantly punishes wrong person?

She only have 1.5-2 years to wrap up her 11 years of her life, from middle school to college. I want to atleast give her hope not to give up.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2008, 10:40 AM 2 2 #2 of 32
This is really unfair for some people. I thought this was country of oppurtunity? She was never criminal nor convicted of any, it wasnt her decision to come to US, she simply had no choice but to follow her parent. Why does the law constantly punishes wrong person?
My family came here 30 years ago or so - my mother and father wanted to start their lives in this country instead of in Europe.

You know how they did it? They did it legally. They actually applied for the paperwork and they waited their turn for the chance at the "land of opportunity." They're grateful for what they have now.

Usually, I am understanding of the children of immigrants and all that jive. But you know, I am getting a little sick of people coming here illegally and somehow thinking that they deserve all the rights of citizens of this nation.

Your friend is here illegally. If she didn't want to get into this circumstance, maybe she should have gone through the proper channels to ensure her success as an American.

Why do you think you can people just cut in a line of thousands of other foreigners who are actually coming to this country legally? Going to college and all that shit, KNOWING you're illegal and you may get deported is your own goddamn fault.

I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by I poked it and it made a sad sound; Mar 4, 2008 at 10:42 AM.
hyun86
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 28508

Level 1.73

Mar 2008

Old Mar 4, 2008, 11:33 AM #3 of 32
I understand what you are saying sass. You have totally valid point, no denying that. But it wasnt her choice to come to US with her parents. She was only 9-10 years old when she first set foot in america. For 10 years, shes been trying to legalize her status. Poured thousands of dollar to immigration lawyer that did not do much, taking advantage of the fact that she is illegal.

She is getting punished because of what her parents did, now she is doing what she can to get herself out, actually it's been 10 years shes been trying.

Im not looking for sympathy but rather simple understanding and advices from intellectual community here that might have better knowledge in a situation like this.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2008, 11:58 AM #4 of 32
I understand what you are saying sass. You have totally valid point, no denying that. But it wasnt her choice to come to US with her parents. She was only 9-10 years old when she first set foot in america. For 10 years, shes been trying to legalize her status. Poured thousands of dollar to immigration lawyer that did not do much, taking advantage of the fact that she is illegal.
That's a pity. Her parents should have made more of an effort on her behalf.

It'll be hard to get a visa or something at this point. I am pretty sure that she may be able to talk to her university and get a visa through them, especially if her grades are good.

But frankly, sponsors aren't as easy to find as they once were.

She should start with the process of being a citizen immediately.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Divest
Banned

Member 3267

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2008, 12:05 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2008, 10:05 AM 1 #5 of 32
Hey, I'll marry her for you.

Most amazing jew boots
Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2008, 03:39 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2008, 01:39 PM #6 of 32
Yeah, I'm not keen on immigration and such, but sucks to be her. She can either go with the flow, roll with the beat(ing)s, or suck it up and do what she has to.

Marrying without love isn't that big a deal to some people. I've met people in the military who got married to some friend just so they'd have a bigger paycheck. Maybe that's what she'll have to do. Though I'm also not sure what would happen if she married for citizenship and then divorced.

Frankly, though, I don't give a shit. She just wants to stay here so she can take another job away from another man who is trying to earn a living and support his family. Tell her to put the books away, love somebody, and be content.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2008, 08:15 PM #7 of 32
Dude she probably wouldn't be okay with marrying just for citizenship*. Broads are weird. But, if she's okay with it, and you're okay with it, do her a good turn. Just make sure it's well-advised and that you two don't waste your time for nothing.

Honestly I don't think the person described above is stealing jobs, I think she's working to earn hers, and she probably has as much right to be here as I do.

* can you marry for citizenship? I thought you could only become a legal resident and INS harasses the fuck out of you anyway for it.

FELIPE NO
hyun86

Member 28508

Level 1.73

Mar 2008

Old Mar 4, 2008, 10:21 PM #8 of 32
thanks for understanding lucca.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2008, 02:04 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2008, 01:04 AM #9 of 32
Where is she from if you don't mind my asking? If it's not the worst country in the world, she might just consider going to pharmacy school there.

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery
hyun86

Member 28508

Level 1.73

Mar 2008

Old Mar 5, 2008, 03:45 PM #10 of 32
Southeast Asian

Zephyrin

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2008, 06:49 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2008, 04:49 PM #11 of 32
I'm not sayin' "Dey turkre jrrrbs". It was more of a chauvinistic point of view.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2008, 04:21 PM #12 of 32
But it wasnt her choice to come to US with her parents. She was only 9-10 years old when she first set foot in america. For
I have no sympathy for people who knowingly abuse a nation for its welfare system. You friend's parents are jerks and need to be tossed out like DJ Jazzy Jeff. Your friend is little better.

She can find a better life in another country. Stop forcing my taxes up and go to a place where she's more welcome, like Canada.

DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2008, 08:51 PM #13 of 32
She can find a better life in another country. Stop forcing my taxes up and go to a place where she's more welcome, like Canada.
It's so easy to just suggest that someone else do something like that. I'm normally very intolerant of illegal immigrants but think about what you just said. She didn't chose to come here and doing something like that basicly involves leaving everyone and everything you've ever known behind. That's not something that's easy for someone to do and that's the reason I live in this crap state I live in even though there are no job opportunities here.

And she's also making an effort to become a legal citizen unlike the weasels that just hide and get jobs where they're paid under the table.

How ya doing, buddy?

"Out thought and out fought."
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2008, 10:11 PM 2 #14 of 32
She didn't chose to come here and doing something like that basicly involves leaving everyone and everything you've ever known behind.
You're confusing my giving a shit with what I wrote earlier. Let me explain this to you in very simple terms...

You can attempt to press the point that this girl has every right or reason to stay in this country for sentimental reasons. Thats awful because you know theres no logical or legal reason for her to be here in the first place, so you have to play the "Poor Old Me" card to stay in the game. Meanwhile, the rest of the country has to sweat and work to keep this girl in the country. She's never paid social security and shes never paid taxes if shes here illegally.

Basically, shes stolen from every American who does anything for a living for however long she's been here.

Were it humanly possible, I'd stick her in a canon full of badgers and shoot her to Nicaragua or some other hellish country that doesn't believe in God or the basic humanity of the white man's culture. She's breaking the law by simply being where she is, breathing the air while shes here.

hyun86

Member 28508

Level 1.73

Mar 2008

Old Mar 7, 2008, 12:14 PM #15 of 32
You're confusing my giving a shit with what I wrote earlier. Let me explain this to you in very simple terms...

You can attempt to press the point that this girl has every right or reason to stay in this country for sentimental reasons. Thats awful because you know theres no logical or legal reason for her to be here in the first place, so you have to play the "Poor Old Me" card to stay in the game. Meanwhile, the rest of the country has to sweat and work to keep this girl in the country. She's never paid social security and shes never paid taxes if shes here illegally.

Basically, shes stolen from every American who does anything for a living for however long she's been here.

Were it humanly possible, I'd stick her in a canon full of badgers and shoot her to Nicaragua or some other hellish country that doesn't believe in God or the basic humanity of the white man's culture. She's breaking the law by simply being where she is, breathing the air while shes here.
Shes been paying tax. Dont know how but all i know is her brother is citizen of USA. Maybe that has something to do with it. She doesnt get paid under the table, she works at CVS or some other pharmacy chain. Every goods she bought, she paid the tax. Before working at pharmacy, she worked at a american restaurant as a waitress. They also took taxes off.

Shes better than crackheads and beggars on the street that they call themselve citizen of US, too lazy to work and demanding welfare checks and spare change all the time. Shes better than those who commit tax fraud, those who refuse to pay income tax who call themselve citizen of US.
I dont blame her, i blame her parents and that's pretty much it.

Oh, and
Quote:
some other hellish country that doesn't believe in God or the basic humanity of the white man's culture.
Thanks for the good laugh.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by hyun86; Mar 7, 2008 at 12:16 PM.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2008, 12:21 PM #16 of 32
Shes been paying tax. Dont know how but all i know is her brother is citizen of USA. Maybe that has something to do with it. She doesnt get paid under the table, she works at CVS or some other pharmacy chain.
If shes from another country, she doesn't have a SS card. If she doesn't have a SS card, not all appropriate taxes are being removed from her paystub.

Does she have a green card? No, because you said she's illegal. So she's still stealing.

Every goods she bought, she paid the tax.
LOOK OUT MEXICANS. SALES TAX WILL GET YOU.

Shes better than crackheads and beggars on the street that they call themselve citizen of US
I disagree - and adamantly at that. Not only are these crackheads and beggars part of the American body politic by birth - something your friend is not - but they also have chemical addicitions which they cannot control.

Your friend is willfully doing something illegal and trying to legitimize it. She does not have a chemical dependency that hurts or askews her brain chemistry. She simply steals.

Most amazing jew boots
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2008, 02:58 PM #17 of 32
Originally Posted by LeHah
LOOK OUT MEXICANS. SALES TAX WILL GET YOU.
She also pays property taxes if she rents, and unless pharmacists can get paid under the table, she pays income tax as well.

Just throwing that out there.

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2008, 03:25 PM #18 of 32
and unless pharmacists can get paid under the table
And unless she has a green card or a social security card, that place is employing an illegal alien

whinehurst
It's a Psudonym.

Member 9766

Level 14.57

Jul 2006

Old Mar 7, 2008, 04:07 PM #19 of 32
I don't really care about illegals when it comes to job competition or taxes, as I'm a middle class white male with a solid finical background, emotionally stable family, and an undergraduate degree; so if i'm ever in a position where there's a good chance illegals will take my job then I'm the one who fucked up. And taxes are what they are, i pay them and it sucks. really sucks.

But why in the name of unholy fuck do these immigrants think this is some magical land of opportunity? Roads paved in gold?!? Nobody's believed that since 1600. Are they surprised to find that life here sucks just as bad as anywhere else? Seriously, what the hell are they expecting?

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2008, 04:52 PM #20 of 32
Life in America does not suck as much as, let's say, Cambodia or Guatemala, for a large number of people in those areas.

Life in France does suck as much as it does in the US, though. That's a scientific fact.

hyun86

Member 28508

Level 1.73

Mar 2008

Old Mar 7, 2008, 05:20 PM #21 of 32
US just have higher standard of living. But with that comes more stress.
To be honest, id rather live in Japan or S.Korea but i grew up here so this place is all i know and have.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Zephyrin

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2008, 06:16 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2008, 04:16 PM #22 of 32
After thinking about it, I'm apt to say "poor girl" because she was obviously dragged here.

But her parents made the conscious decision to bring her here. What are we supposed to do? Ship back her parents and not her? If that were the solution in these situations, you'd have just as many people simply shipping off their children to the states. It still doesn't solve anything.

She should go back to her country and try and make it a better place to live there.

What I don't understand is the abandonment people have for their countries. "It sux here, lez go to America." That kind of attitude is never going to make their homes any better, that's for sure.

Squib
Carob Nut

Member 27690

Level 5.67

Jan 2008

Old Mar 7, 2008, 07:31 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2008, 05:31 PM #23 of 32
Yes, im thinking about marrying her so that she can get her citizenship. But im not sure what kind of impact that will have in my life. What are some things that i should know and will it be really worth it?
Stop right there. You're asking a forum if marrying a girl would be worth it. You're also asking what to expect by marrying someone so they can get citizenship. Knowing this, tell me what the answer to "should I marry her" be.

Right. The answer is a big fat NO.

As far as her situation, tell her to consult another lawyer if the one she has seen has not yielded results. Her situation is unfortunate, but like others in this thread, I don't really support illegal immigrants in this country so she needs to get this taken care of or find some other place to live for her sake.

FELIPE NO
Joe Wiewel
hard worker

Member 259

Level 18.63

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2008, 09:49 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2008, 09:49 PM #24 of 32
Jesus, the number of assholes that have posted in this thread is disturbing. How disappointing, GFF.

Your friend is trying to do the right thing. But obviously, the immigration lawyer that she's paying isn't doing a very good job. I would recommend her trying another one. If that doesn't work, then I would recommend her going through the process of becoming a citizen. I know that some of the process is pretty freaking ridiculous, but if she's smart enough to get into pharmacy school, she should be able to handle it. I just don't know if she's in danger of being deported during the time she's undergoing this process if she's still living in the US. (But if she made it this far, surely she can hang on a little longer.)

About marrying her, I don't recommend it. Yes, she would become a citizen, but if you two have no interest in each other beyond friends, it's not worth messing up both of your love lives, especially when there are other ways for her to become a citizen.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Crowdmaker
I should be working

Member 950

Level 19.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2008, 09:31 AM #25 of 32
What I don't understand is the abandonment people have for their countries. "It sux here, lez go to America." That kind of attitude is never going to make their homes any better, that's for sure.

What do you have in mind? Community service? Switching from incandescent to energy-saving lightbulbs? Voting for an independent candidate?

The problems these countries face are complex and have defied the minds of many clever people for generations; good citizenry alone just isn't going to cut it. I'm from one myself, and life there is hard. If you're from there, and can leave, legally or illegally, all the power to you, and good luck.*

If somehow it doesn't work out, also suck it up and go back. That was part of the risk you must have factored in.

But I mean, if she's only from a county from South-East Asia, I'm sure it's not the end of the world going back. She has an American education she should be able to make use of over there, plus, there are other countries I'm sure she could try if all that's at stake are the comforts of a 1st world country.

As for marrying her, euh... Don't advise it, I'm sure there are other options she has, but if it's the last resort and it means that much to the both of you, well, that's what last resorts are for, right? You take them when all else goes to shit...

* Though I fully support the right of a country to choose who they do and who they don't want coming into their country. Even if it's the Israeli way. But it's up to that country to enforce the rules. Don't expect immigrants to play nice and stay away because that's the ethical thing to do.

Last edited by Crowdmaker; Mar 8, 2008 at 09:37 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > I want to help my friend