Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Question] The Gamingforce Game of the Year 2016: Now with microtransations - voting edition
Closed Thread

THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2017, 10:35 PM 4 #1 of 20

Doom 2016 - 40 points

I'm not much of an FPS gamer but I did play a lot of Doom, Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 Arena during high school so I have a soft soft for fast, twitch shooters. Doom was a breath of fresh air from the cover based and over shoulder games and grabbing health packs adds such a different flavor than waiting for your regenerating health. Above all else, Doom's atmosphere was captivating. It took me to hell. And it's never looked better.

Oxenfree - 30 points

Beautiful looking game with great music. But what really stood out was the dialogue system. In other game, dialogue choices seem to stop time or sometimes they will add a timer, but nothing has ever felt as naturalistic as Oxenfree that I've played. I'm excited to see this mechanic incorporated in other games.

Abzu - 15 points

Abzu was created by the art director of Flower and Journey and it really shows. A breathtaking underwater exploration game. Just so damn soothing playing this game. There are some incredibly sequences in this game that just need to experienced first hand. It clocks in at around 2 hours and I highly recommend it, even if it's not your cup of tea.

Song of the Deep - 10 points

An underwater metrovania from Insomniac games. Not particularly challenging although the puzzles are rather inventive and the story is standard stuff. The game is certainly pretty to look at and has a lot of polish. Your submarine has a lot of different functions. If you are looking to scratch that metrovania itch, definitely check it out.

Pokemon GO - 5 points

I traveled to Japan this summer and it was really the perfect place to play Pokemon GO. Maybe I missed out on the western crave over the game, it just felt fantastic playing in Japan. All the hotpots were close together, everyone seemed to be playing (children, mothers, businessmen, elderly), and there was a level of cultural-game synergy that is hard to replicate outside of Japan. I stopped playing after coming back to the states but at the peak of its popularity, it is impossible to deny the sheer scope of the player base and the unique feel of seeing trainers in your everyday settings.

2016 releases I desperately want to play:
Stardew Valley, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Superhot, Owlboy, Hyper Light Drifter, Inside, Firewatch

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by THIEF; Jan 7, 2017 at 10:45 PM.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Question] The Gamingforce Game of the Year 2016: Now with microtransations - voting edition