Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

DEAR ASSHOLES WHO WHINE A LOT

Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 07:07 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2010, 01:07 AM #51 of 82
Crash does not because handing someone vBulletin of all things and saying HERE LEARN SOME PHP is a recipe for complete and utter disaster on a scale not seen since Hiroshima.
Is that so? I would have thought you could learn by making small changes, assuming some minimal prior knowledge of programming. I've often wanted to test that theory (I know the minimum about PHP) but unfortunately the only way to get a chance to play with the code is by paying for it, and I've no desire to do that.

I suppose there are probably torrents but it does not feature especially highly on my list of priorities in life. It's way down there in fact, behind a whole lot of things. It would be nice to take a look, but not worth any money.

I suppose you're right that it's not a good idea for anyone to get code access unless they know what they're up to, but I'm just saying that there's ONE way for staff to get their goals accomplished, if they can acquire the relevant skill.

Did you just say you were an admin? Your title says S Mod, though? Not that it is in any way important. I'm just curious.

Last of all, someone was mentioning Miles' absence, but where on Earth is Blah these days, does he still come to chat at least? I would check for myself, but I'm afraid of GFChat. I think it would devour me and grind my bones to a fine powder. Which Shin would undoubtedly snort, having mistaken it for coke.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 07:10 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2010, 06:10 PM #52 of 82
Crash, when did you decide doing a dullenplain impression was a good idea?

Cause it isn't.

Even a little bit.

It gets even worse when you flat out admit you don't care if other people are having fun, because YOU aren't having fun.

This is less get off my lawn and more get off your lawn. And all lawns in general. In fact fuck you for loving things that are green.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Last edited by No. Hard Pass.; Apr 7, 2010 at 07:20 PM.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 07:24 PM #53 of 82
Honestly, it's not as if giving someone code access means they actually have to learn code. For almost any function you can imagine someone's already written something for vB that you can just plug in. You think I would have ever got my dice if I waited around for one of these mooks to write code for them?

How ya doing, buddy?
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 07:34 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2010, 01:34 AM #54 of 82
Some admins have code access, some do not.

I do not, and don't because that would create delicious chaos.

Crash does not because handing someone vBulletin of all things and saying HERE LEARN SOME PHP is a recipe for complete and utter disaster on a scale not seen since Hiroshima.
I'm quite jealous of how far beyond S-Mod powers you already are, unless you're just sending requests to CHz like I do.

Soluzar, Admins can all technically chage the code but in practice it's only really CHz that does so. We all generally know our limits here so if everyone else died and I ended up as default admin for example, I'd venture no further than the name change, subforum creation and pissing about with forum descriptions sections of the admin control panel. Hence there would be little point in making me an admin, I can achieve more by sending a stream of requests to CHz to break things for me.

Most of us S-mods can edit sigs and avatars (And put any size pic in the avatar space), delete posts, ban people of lower rank than ourselves and edit threadbans. Skills can apparently do more than that but like I said, I've yet to ask CHz to do something for me and be turned down.

I have no idea if CHz writes this stuff from scratch or borrows bits, all I know is that if I ask him to sort something, he does. It's a pretty much perfect working relationship.

Crash, I was simply trying to head off a pointless arguement and divert attention from the fact that any drama arising from name changes is at least 50% my fault. Playing the staff rank card seemed easier than producing a load of tl;dr posts that I know Tails hates so much.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 07:45 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2010, 01:45 AM #55 of 82
Honestly, it's not as if giving someone code access means they actually have to learn code. For almost any function you can imagine someone's already written something for vB that you can just plug in. You think I would have ever got my dice if I waited around for one of these mooks to write code for them?
I did notice there's a vast number of code snippets waiting to be placed into any vBulletin installation. I've investigated a little, in the past. However I assume once you've modded everything to the extent that Bobo/Blah/Miles/CHz and whoever else have here, it takes some degree of skill to actually avoid breaking anything in the process of integrating new code snippets.

Thanks for the info, Shin. It often seems like the mods here get a bit more access than on other forums I've visited, but if that's just an illusion caused by CHz being so eminently willing to oblige your requests, it explains a lot. I'm pretty sure at least SOME of the things you've done in the past aren't possible for s-mods in standard vBulletin. Like when you give someone a picture instead of a custom title....

While we're on the subject, how on Earth do you have a custom background for your posts? I have never seen that anywhere else, it must be some custom CHz magic, right?

FELIPE NO
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 08:28 PM #56 of 82
Is that so? I would have thought you could learn by making small changes, assuming some minimal prior knowledge of programming. I've often wanted to test that theory (I know the minimum about PHP) but unfortunately the only way to get a chance to play with the code is by paying for it, and I've no desire to do that.
That's not how it works. It sounds like it would be as simple as that but working in any codebase that's larger than your Intro to Java final exam will show you that it's not that simple.

Additional Spam:
Dicerolling is straightforward and would probably never require any customization. You can't say the same for something like the journals or the glory that was GFFort. I'm not saying that I think coding should be a requirement for an administration position, I'm just saying that GFFort was fuckin' sweet as hell.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Sarag; Apr 7, 2010 at 08:30 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 08:33 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2010, 02:33 AM #57 of 82
While we're on the subject, how on Earth do you have a custom background for your posts? I have never seen that anywhere else, it must be some custom CHz magic, right?
I asked CHz, sent him a pic and he did the rest. Since then I've been fervently hoping nobody would take it away again.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Seris
zzzzzz

Member 1928

Level 33.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 11:00 PM 1 #58 of 82
could we just have, like, a sparticus week

month

year

fuck it im making a sparticus forum of my own

There's nowhere I can't reach.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 11:29 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2010, 08:29 PM 8 #59 of 82
I... am making a Spartacus forum.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 11:37 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2010, 10:37 PM 1 #60 of 82
This was not what I meant.

vBulletin is a horrible thing to learn on.

One doesn't learn to ride a bike when trying to ride away from a bear that is trying to eat you, for example.

Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:29 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2010, 10:29 PM #61 of 82
Did somebody say something about a bear?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:30 AM #62 of 82
Fine. People can do whatever the fuck they want, be called whatever the hell they like.

I'm not gonna try to pretend my opinion matters any longer, nor will I try to force anyone to consider my perspective. That's a silly idea around here, anyhow.

Some of you, I'll see you in June. Possibly.

Everyone else, get fucked.

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:33 AM 5 #63 of 82
I've seen toddlers handle losing more gracefully than this.

FELIPE NO
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:45 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2010, 09:45 PM 3 #64 of 82
I feel as though your reaction may be mildly disproportionate to the level of seriousness with which this discussion was conducted.

Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:47 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2010, 10:47 PM #65 of 82
I've seen toddlers handle losing more gracefully than this.
You must hang out with some cool toddlers.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:54 AM 4 #66 of 82
Basil's not a toddler, Pang, he's a grown-ass man

Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2010, 02:09 AM Local time: Apr 8, 2010, 12:09 AM #67 of 82
nana nana boo boo stick your head in doo doo

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Apr 8, 2010, 03:54 AM Local time: Apr 8, 2010, 01:54 AM #68 of 82
I'm not gonna try to pretend my opinion matters any longer, nor will I try to force anyone to consider my perspective. That's a silly idea around here, anyhow.
It wasn't so much that you forced them to consider your perspective as you forced them to see the boards through your perspective.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2010, 05:07 AM Local time: Apr 8, 2010, 11:07 AM #69 of 82
I don't see that many people disagreeing with you in here Crash, certainly there's not enough serious opposition to warrant throwing your toys out of the pram like that.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:20 PM #70 of 82
Jesus christ I work overtime for one day and Crash quits the internet.

Seriously, I can't babysit you guys 24/7.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2010, 01:09 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2010, 12:09 PM #71 of 82
In what world do you live in Crash where everyone has to agree with you for everything to be okay?

And seriously, how many tantrums is this in the past few months? Three? Four?

Take a deep breath, you're capable of that now, and stop being such a whiny cunt because people have the audacity not to agree with you about unimportant shit.

FELIPE NO

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2010, 02:18 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2010, 08:18 PM #72 of 82
Whoa. Wasn't expecting that.

Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Apr 8, 2010, 02:47 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2010, 08:47 PM #73 of 82
whoa what's goin on

Most amazing jew boots
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2010, 03:07 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2010, 01:07 PM #74 of 82
Stop talking about lawns for god's sake.

I mean, that's Paco's specialty.

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Apr 9, 2010, 02:04 AM 1 #75 of 82
In what world do you live in Crash where everyone has to agree with you for everything to be okay?

And seriously, how many tantrums is this in the past few months? Three? Four?

Take a deep breath, you're capable of that now, and stop being such a whiny cunt because people have the audacity not to agree with you about unimportant shit.
It's not the name change issue.

Look, there's just a lot of shit you don't know about. Shit that has nothing to do with Gamingforce. It's not even the Bonesteel's Bitch saga.

Fact is, my life is fucking hell right now and it's all I can do some days to not come completely unraveled at the seams. Sometimes the burden is too much and it spills over onto the internet.

So I'm taking a break from GFF.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support > DEAR ASSHOLES WHO WHINE A LOT