Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Your Favorite Night Time Snack

Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2006, 05:55 PM Local time: Nov 12, 2006, 10:55 PM #26 of 60
I'm not usually hungry at night, but when I snack, I go for the most random things. It could be salad, chocolate, yoghurt, biscuits, crisps, even just sauces by themselves (I have no idea why I do that). I've actually got into the habit of making up a little bit of a bernaise marinade my brother invented a while back and just eating that. It's so bloody nice ^_^ Of course sometimes I eat some cheese for my cheese-dreams, and when I've been hungry and had no idea what to eat I've been known to try raw gravy powder and other such disgusting things.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Retriever II
Syklis Green

Member 4083

Level 7.77

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2006, 07:46 PM #27 of 60
If I have a bag of candy or something lying around, it's not going to last long past midnight. Aside from that, I don't do much midnight snacking, unless I havn't eaten dinner. In that case, I usually have a heaping bowl of dry cereal. With 4 other people in the house, I have to be rather discreet about my presense in the kitchen at that hour.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Chie
Wishful Thinking

Member 10785

Level 9.25

Aug 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 10:40 AM #28 of 60
its never a bad time for yogurt exept when I run out and all I have is pudding

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 11:32 PM #29 of 60
I'm doing the whole midnight snack thing right now.

The guilty pleasure this time: Ritz sticks crackers, and leftover Rockets [Smarties to you US peoples] and Swedish Berries from Halloween.

Normally I'd just grab something like the crackers, but the extra candy was a bonus today.

I was speaking idiomatically.
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2006, 09:38 AM #30 of 60
Ginger snaps seem to be the norm for me. I for some reason or another always have them around. They just seem to be the perfect low key snack for late night internet browsing and work.

How ya doing, buddy?
Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Nov 14, 2006, 10:04 AM Local time: Nov 14, 2006, 12:34 PM #31 of 60
Originally Posted by Skexis
Got to be oreos and milk, for me. Nothing says "I'd better brush my teeth before bed" like mushy chocolate and milk film.
that reminds me, the new oreo christmas commercial rocks. santa comes in, has a black beard, a kid waiting for him with 2 oreos and 2 glasses of milk, he mimics the kid in eating the cookie, the kid drinks his milk, spilling it over his face in the process, santa mimics that too, turning his beard white in the process.

FELIPE NO

You know what? you just might be full enough of shit to apply for congress
Metaconsciou§
Chocobo

Member 10873

Level 9.05

Aug 2006

Old Nov 15, 2006, 08:37 PM Local time: Nov 15, 2006, 07:37 PM #32 of 60
~ Breyer's strawberry ice cream
~ real licorice (not Twizzlers, although those are alright)
~ buttered noodles with garlic salt
~ soup
~ candy
~ bagels and cream cheese
~ whatever else is tasty

Most amazing jew boots
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2006, 03:55 AM Local time: Nov 16, 2006, 02:55 AM #33 of 60
eating right before you go to sleep is bad for you. you guys really shouldn't do it.

but then again, sometimes you've had a night of heavy drinking, and you come home, hit a bowl and gotta throw some tasty fuel in the tank to keep yourself knocked out. In many cases I eat:

taco hell - grilled stufted burrito with chicken
lo mein from a local chinese joint
or Famos Amos cookies.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2006, 11:29 AM #34 of 60
Originally Posted by MetheGelfling
eating right before you go to sleep is bad for you. you guys really shouldn't do it.
Quote:
but then again, sometimes you've had a night of heavy drinking, and you come home, hit a bowl and gotta throw some tasty fuel in the tank to keep yourself knocked out.
Your the doctor.

How ya doing, buddy?
octo
Enough said.

Member 2229

Level 1.47

Mar 2006

Old Dec 26, 2006, 02:54 AM #35 of 60
I usually eat anything! But I have to say, I LOVE refrigerated green bean casserole late at night. There's just something about it.......

Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Dec 30, 2006, 10:06 PM Local time: Dec 30, 2006, 08:06 PM #36 of 60
I'm not much of a midnight snacker. I make it a point not to eat during the span of 3 hours before going to bed.

But, there are those nights where just the urge to grab a bite while writing a paper or going over some work that just needs to be done. SO in order to keep with the routine, I rate my hunger depending on my apetite. If it's anything less than what can be satisfied with either a rice ball or a cinnamon roll, I skip eating and go to bed. Anything more on the hunger than the above, I go for a small bowl of ramen, topped with egg and green onions and any other random garnishes I can find in the fridge.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jan 20, 2007, 03:31 AM #37 of 60
Sometimes I'll dig out something sweet, but most of the time late at night I'm more in the mood for something salty. There's never a wrong time for cashews, and a small bowl at midnight can be quite tasty. No better nut exists for snacking, not even the peanut.

franposis
yoink

Member 18158

Level 7.77

Jan 2007

Old Jan 20, 2007, 07:56 AM Local time: Jan 20, 2007, 12:56 PM #38 of 60
Coco Pops for some reason I always get cravings for them around 2am

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

A roflwaffle approved MSPaint MASTERPIECE
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Jan 20, 2007, 08:02 AM Local time: Jan 20, 2007, 02:02 PM #39 of 60
I don't eat anything after dark, I heard it's not good for your health.

FELIPE NO
happyskrillz
jajajaja

Member 18503

Level 3.20

Jan 2007

Old Jan 20, 2007, 05:42 PM #40 of 60
Hah! Just reading this thread has made me hungry for a snack. My favorite midnight snack would have to be ramen. Maybe throw a little cheese in there. If I don't feel like getting out of bed to get a snack I usually have a box of thin mints and doritos by my bed... Don't ask why they taste so good together, they just do. Bon appetit!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
"Motion pictures and weapons of war... Science has created them both. So while others point their barrels,
I'll have my camera... Offering fantastic dreams of other worlds just beyond our reach..."
deadsky
Thrasher

Member 18159

Level 8.46

Jan 2007

Old Jan 22, 2007, 11:45 AM Local time: Jan 22, 2007, 04:45 PM #41 of 60
Usually a baked bean toastie or noodles (ramen)

Although sometimes i get mad cravings for burritos :$

Most amazing jew boots
crabman
NEWS!

Member 17465

Level 11.09

Dec 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 11:45 PM Local time: Jan 22, 2007, 09:45 PM #42 of 60
Curry; it's always a good time for curry. And if you don't think so; than you can just shove it.

Edit: I don't mean to sound like an ass; i just haven't had anything but instant ramen, bagels and coffee for like 2 weeks. I'm kinda craving.....

Last edited by crabman; Jan 23, 2007 at 12:02 AM.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 11:53 PM Local time: Jan 22, 2007, 11:53 PM #43 of 60
In all honesty, I haven't really had curry before. Know where I could probably get a hand of it?

crabman
NEWS!

Member 17465

Level 11.09

Dec 2006

Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:02 AM Local time: Jan 22, 2007, 10:02 PM #44 of 60
Actually yes; which part of canada do you live in? If you live in vancouver find one of your chinese friends and he/she will tell you all the best places for curry. Try to shy from japanese curry though; it's sweet and most people who have had it wouldn't really consider it curry. Indian curry is always good to start with if you think you have a strong stomach; thai curry is espiecally spicy since they have no taste buds; since i'm chinese i like chinese curry the best so my opinion is kinda skewed. Any middle-eastern curry is good; punjab; pakistani; etc etc.

But really you can pick up like a ready to cook package from any asian supermarket; all you need are a few ingredients, like garlic, beef or chicken (no pork), coconut milk depending, and other things that you should already have at home like salt and oil.

Rendang, butter chicken ( i don't think it actually has any butter.....), yogurt curry, panang (i think that's what it's called...), laksa (soupy spicy, filled with noodles it's own class of "curry" not really traditional curry), kare

look for names like that.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by crabman; Jan 23, 2007 at 12:07 AM.
Ced The Lad
Magister Magi

Member 18529

Level 5.59

Jan 2007

Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:28 AM Local time: Jan 22, 2007, 09:28 PM #45 of 60
There's a box of imported white chocolate in the cupboard. That should last for about two weeks tops.

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2007, 01:52 AM Local time: Jan 23, 2007, 01:52 AM #46 of 60
Actually yes; which part of canada do you live in? If you live in vancouver find one of your chinese friends and he/she will tell you all the best places for curry. Try to shy from japanese curry though; it's sweet and most people who have had it wouldn't really consider it curry. Indian curry is always good to start with if you think you have a strong stomach; thai curry is espiecally spicy since they have no taste buds; since i'm chinese i like chinese curry the best so my opinion is kinda skewed. Any middle-eastern curry is good; punjab; pakistani; etc etc.

But really you can pick up like a ready to cook package from any asian supermarket; all you need are a few ingredients, like garlic, beef or chicken (no pork), coconut milk depending, and other things that you should already have at home like salt and oil.

Rendang, butter chicken ( i don't think it actually has any butter.....), yogurt curry, panang (i think that's what it's called...), laksa (soupy spicy, filled with noodles it's own class of "curry" not really traditional curry), kare

look for names like that.
Interesting. I live in Winnipeg however.

Most amazing jew boots
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2007, 02:00 AM #47 of 60
And of course, you couldn't be more wrong. Sleep is recovery time, and you're asking for trouble if you don't give your body ample nutrients. You need slowly digested healthy fats and protein. Like I said, cottage cheese and peanut butter are incredible.

I'm not much of a midnight snacker. I make it a point not to eat during the span of 3 hours before going to bed.
This made me cry.

FELIPE NO
NeoBelhelmel
Confused Negotiator

Member 18242

Level 4.50

Jan 2007

Old Jan 23, 2007, 02:12 AM #48 of 60
Late night + Dorm = Vending machine food. ;__;

I seem to go through a lot of Cheese-Its and Pop-Tarts in the wee hours of the morning. Though I don't imagine eating that kind of junk all the time (at any point of the day) is going to be healthy for me. Even with the 7 vitamins and minerals...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2007, 03:52 AM Local time: Jan 23, 2007, 09:52 AM #49 of 60
Chicken Pakora, it's like the offical midnight snack of Scotland, that orgionated in India.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
All I'm saying is that if the laptops of the future are not in the
shape of chibi genie girls then I'm going to be sorely disappointed.
crabman
NEWS!

Member 17465

Level 11.09

Dec 2006

Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:34 PM Local time: Jan 23, 2007, 10:34 AM #50 of 60
Interesting. I live in Winnipeg however.

Shiiiit, iono i've never even been to winnipeg before. just google it or something. Closest ive been to winnipeg is edminton.....

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Your Favorite Night Time Snack