Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Deconding a Mobo Beep Sequence

DeLorean
1.21 GIGAWATTS?!

Member 133

Level 28.95

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 07:01 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2009, 06:01 PM #1 of 5
Deconding a Mobo Beep Sequence

Computer Stats
Make: eMachines
Model: eMonster 600
Processor Speed: 600Mhz
RAM: 512MB (Upgraded from 64MB)

Yes yes, I know it's prehistoric, but it was serving its purpose to me, and I'd like to figure out what is wrong.

When I turn on the computer, nothing shows up on this screen. After about 2 seconds, I hear this beep sequence. I have looked online for a beep sequence manual for this particular computer without any luck. From my searches, it appears to be associated with the BIOS version. However, I can't see what BIOS I have without being able to use my computer. Any suggestions?

Here is the beep sequence:

beep sequence.wav

P.S. sorry the recording is so quiet, I don't have a mic so I had to use ear buds

Jam it back in, in the dark.
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 07:21 PM 1 #2 of 5
Sounds like a video issue.

BIOS Beep Codes Manual
PC Hell: BIOS Error Beep Codes

8 beeps Video memory error. The BIOS cannot write to the frame buffer memory on the video card.

I am presuming that the first two beeps are the normal start-up beeps. If not, then it gets worst as it's either the BIOS itself or the motherboard.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
DeLorean
1.21 GIGAWATTS?!

Member 133

Level 28.95

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 07:33 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2009, 06:33 PM #3 of 5
Sounds like a video issue.

BIOS Beep Codes Manual
PC Hell: BIOS Error Beep Codes

8 beeps Video memory error. The BIOS cannot write to the frame buffer memory on the video card.

I am presuming that the first two beeps are the normal start-up beeps. If not, then it gets worst as it's either the BIOS itself or the motherboard.
Yes, I believe the two beeps are normal... but as you heard, it's hard to tell. It really meshes those first few beeps, but I'm guessing that that is the end of the normal sequence and the beginning of the error sequence without any delay between. So, hopefully a change in video card will fix this. Thanks for the quick reply mortis!!!!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
^-^
A pretty face doesn't mean a pretty heart.

Member 769

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 09:10 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2009, 09:10 PM 1 #4 of 5
Post is always 1 beep. If you are hearing two short beeps, as from the PC Hell, it's showing the error on screen. But as you said, you have no video, so...

This is just my $0.02.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
WALK WITH THE DREAMERS,
THE BELIEVERS, THE COURAGEOUS,
THE CHEERFUL, THE PLANNERS, THE
DOERS, THE SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE WITH
THEIR HEADS IN THE CLOUDS AND THEIR
FEET ON THE GROUND. LET THEIR SPIRIT
IGNITE A FIRE WITHIN YOU TO LEAVE THIS
WORLD BETTER THAN WHEN YOU FOUND IT.
DeLorean
1.21 GIGAWATTS?!

Member 133

Level 28.95

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2009, 02:01 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2009, 01:01 PM #5 of 5
Figured I'd make a follow-up post to say that a video card swap fixed the problem! Thanks guys!

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Deconding a Mobo Beep Sequence