Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] What's the worst thing you've ever done to get a game/console?

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2007, 10:18 PM #1 of 8
What's the worst thing you've ever done to get a game/console?

People will go to great lengths to get their hands on a new game or system. Robberies, stabbings, genocides... You name it, it's probably been done to be the first to own something video game-related.

The worst thing I ever did was for Metroid Prime. It was my senior year of high school, and I was lucky enough to have a parking pass. Normally, I would bring my sister and neighbor to school every day, and bring them home as well. On this day, I told my sister that I couldn't bring her home because I had to stay after school to do some stuff. I refused to elaborate on what it was.

Fourth block came around, and I couldn't take it any longer. I skipped class and left around 12:30, on my way to the local EB to finally get Metroid Prime, a game I'd been waiting for for 8 years.

My mom was shocked to see me home early instead of late.

"What are you doing home?"
"The new Metroid game came out."
"I thought you couldn't bring Angie home?"
"Exactly."

I locked myself in my room for 7 hours. About 2 hours into it, I heard my sister walk by my room and say "JERK!" Bwa haha! It was worth it.

So yeah, not exactly a stabbing, but still the most dispicable thing I've done for a game.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Borg1982
One to be born...

Member 31

Level 20.43

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2007, 11:19 PM #2 of 8
There was a robbery at a Gamestop near me this week. First Gamestop robbery I've ever heard of before (in my community). Apparently some games were taken and they ran away after.

Around 10 years ago when the Sega Saturn was brand new, I was still another year or two away from getting my license / vehicle so I rode my bike everywhere. For the first time, I actually rode my bike - alone - to go to a superstore. On the way it was not all sidewalk. It involved crossing major streets, going through dirt tracks, and many miles later I made it. I bought Albert Odyssey for Sega Saturn that day. Then, rode all the way back.

As coincidence would have it, I beat that game this year again. I give the game a 7.5/10.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Aug 9, 2007, 11:36 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2007, 11:36 PM #3 of 8
Someone I knew stole a sega genesis for his brother's christmas present. He just walked right out of the store with it.. Because its oh much better to give than to receive.

Whats worse, he stole it again when it came Christmas time.

And when I say, 'someone I knew', I mean me. (Just to clarify a bit of haziness I was having about the whole thing.)

How ya doing, buddy?
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2007, 01:26 AM #4 of 8
I'm like you the worst thing I did was to go at 9am to the EBgames, skipping my class (and my whole day) to get my reserve ps3 console, to found later that the teacher was sick and the class was cancel, so I didn't missed a thing XD

but I often stayed alone at home when I was suppose to be at school to play video games, or just fake being sick, again just to stay home and play some video games XD

I don't remember doing anything worst than that for a game...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Aug 10, 2007, 05:01 AM Local time: Aug 10, 2007, 08:01 PM #5 of 8
I stole PGA Tour and FIFA for the Saturn from the Salvation Army just a few weeks ago. It was before they'd priced them but hey. I haven't even played them, I don't think I ever will! Greatest games for the most successful system ever. I skipped a pretty crucial visual art exam to get a PS2 on launch day, which was retarded because there was no demand for the system at all, I could have slept in instead!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2007, 11:32 AM #6 of 8
I can safely say I've done all of my gaming shopping clean and without regrets...Except one. My mom is a DVD freak, so naturally I took her to Gamestop during the "buy 2 get 1 free" special. And my dad gave her the credit card. She loaded up on DVD's, while I bought 6 games (totaled around $150 w/ the two free ones). At some point, she ended up letting me put the games on the credit card and I'd pay my dad back for the credit card bill (I was switching banks, IIRC and I was having issues with my check card). Time passed and I haven't heard a thing from her or the old man...Probably because she didn't want to explain to my dad she had also bought about 20 DVD's in that run. ;p

It's been about 2 years now and I keep expecting to hear something about that anyday...Guilt at work.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2007, 11:57 AM #7 of 8
That reminds me of the only time I've ever stolen anything gaming-related. I went to Barnes and Noble once, and was checking out the gaming magazines. It was about this time that my subscription to Next Generation had run dry. In a fit of youthful anger, I stole the demo disc that came bundled with the magazine.

DUN DUN DUNNNNN

FELIPE NO
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2007, 12:34 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2007, 12:34 PM #8 of 8
Ahaha I did that once. There were two issues side-by-side at the old Delchamps where I used to live. I think it was EGM, but whatever. Anyway, one of them was just the issue, and it was something like $5.99, and the other was wrapped up and priced at $12.99 or thereabout.

Opened up the wrapping, stuffed the disc in the stand-alone issue and set it gently on the counter to pay for it. $5.99 later, I had a free demo disc!

Other than that, I mean yeah I've skipped some of my college classes to either go pick up a game or play it. When I bought my PS3, I left work early so I could go home, plug it in and start playing. But that was with my boss's permission so...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] What's the worst thing you've ever done to get a game/console?