Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Armpit Stains

eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 11:01 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 11:01 AM #1 of 14
Armpit Stains

I REALLY hate them. With a passion. I get them in old shirts that I’ve had for a while, and they sort of turn into a hard plastic-like substance that sort of cracks when I apply pressure to them. Then, I have to throw away the shirt, or cut off the sleeves and make it into a workout shirt. I fucking hate doing it, especially to shirts that I really like.

I’ve done a little research, but keep finding different answers on the causes/preventions of pit stains. I don’t know if they’re caused by the aluminum chloride in deodorant, or the sweat. Possibly a mix? On most of my colored shirts, most of the stains are white, so I assume that they are caused by the deodorant…

Anyways, does anyone else have this problem? Have you found a solution?

I’ve read some people have just stopped using deodorant altogether and instead use something like Axe body spray on the pits, or something similar. I’ve also heard of some deodorants that simply don’t stain, but then they also don’t smell very good either. I just want a solution!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 11:34 AM #2 of 14
Just wondering, do you ever wash your shirts?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 11:39 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 09:39 AM #3 of 14
I've had the problem with certain deodorants giving me stains on my undershirts, they're usually the powdery-dry ones. I switched to the clear-solids and they seem to be a lot less of a problem.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 11:41 AM #4 of 14
I think everyone who uses a solid deodorant gets some on the inside armpits of their shirts. Mine always come out in the wash, though.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 11:43 AM #5 of 14
I use Arrid XX. My shirts most often end up in a pile on the floor for weeks on end before I finally get around to washing them, and there aren't any stains on them. Well, armpit stains. Mustard is another story . It doesn't smell like shit but its a bit of an eye irritant, any sort of residual spray hanging in the air whatsoever stings quite a bit. I've never used any other brand that does that to me, but this brand works and doesn't leave stains =/.

-----------------------------------------

On another note, has anybody had something like a "deodorant immunity" build up where for a few days no matter what you do, your deodorant just DOESN'T WORK??? Well, I mean the anti-perspirant part of it. After those few days it just starts working again =/. Weird. I've had this happen with all brands I've used.

I was speaking idiomatically.

FGSFDS!!!

Last edited by DarkLink2135; May 17, 2006 at 11:46 AM.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 11:44 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 05:44 PM #6 of 14
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
I think everyone who uses a solid deodorant gets some on the inside armpits of their shirts. Mine always come out in the wash, though.
I use an aerosol anti-pirspirant, and I never, ever wear a shirt for more than a day. Rarely more than 8 hours, and I always do my laundry regularly. I still find that I get the same effect that BlueBomber is talking about.

It really annoys me, when it happens to my most comfortable shirts. It always does, you realise, simply because I wear/wash/get deodorant on those the most.

I'm told it's less of a problem with man-made fibres, but I don't wear those.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 11:49 AM #7 of 14
Another factor might be that women have like fifty shirts they can cycle through, while men only have ten or so that they actually wear.

FELIPE NO
xuemin
Syklis Green

Member 248

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 12:37 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 05:37 PM #8 of 14
my sister says she gets stains on the underarm area too, but different to what you've described; she gets yellow discolouration in that area that don't come out in the wash and says it only happens to her with certain deodorants/anti-perspirants

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 12:45 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 01:45 PM #9 of 14
When I was younger, and my family was less well off financially, we would often wash cars at home. We used old clothing as washing and drying rags. Although most of my memory from that time is nonexistent, one thing that I do remember are the rags which were my father's old undershirts.
The pit stains were horrendous, and I made sure to avoid using them if I could.
These stains were so bad that the cloth in that area was hardened. And this isn't like old, air-dried, stiff cloth. Its feel was more reminiscent of the hard plastic you would find used in toys. However, they also did not seem to yield at all to pressure, not much less crack.

I still have no clue how something like this can happen from perspiration, and frankly, my disgust outwieghs my curiosity. Also, how my dad could let it get to that point as well remains a mystery better left unsolved.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Fjordor; May 17, 2006 at 12:51 PM.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 12:56 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 06:56 PM #10 of 14
Originally Posted by Fjordor
I still have no clue how something like this can happen from perspiration, and frankly, my disgust outwieghs my curiosity. Also, how my dad could let it get to that point as well remains a mystery better left unsolved.
Listen, I'm telling you there is no avoiding it. I am clean in my laundry habits, and I wash regularly, and use a powerful underarm antipirspirant, and yet my shirts do eventually go that way, unless I throw them out before that.

Most amazing jew boots
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 12:59 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 11:59 AM #11 of 14
I started getting these on my shirts a while back, and it was really annoying. I started to think of how I could prevent this, and in the end I decided to start wearing undershirts and switch my deodorant (from a clear roll-on to a gel). Ever since then, I've never gotten them on my regular shirts, and I only have them really bad on my old undershirts (the ones that are like two years old or more). I really don't care about them being on my undershirts that much though, since no one really ever see them.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 01:01 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 07:01 PM #12 of 14
Undershirst do the trick but in the height of summer, it's a bitch to have to wear an extra layer.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 01:07 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 12:07 PM #13 of 14
Yeah, but as long as you stick to lighter colors it's not too bad. I personally don't spend too much time outside during the summer (I thrive for AC), but even when I do spend a lot of time outside I still wear an undershirt, just in conjunction with a lighter colored regular shirt.

Most amazing jew boots
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 01:08 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 11:08 AM #14 of 14
I actually like wearing the extra undershirt during the summer since if I get really ungodly hot, I can just swap that out for another one and feel considerably cooler. Also, I've also found if you get some of the softer undershirts (I think some of my favorites have been from JC Penny) they'll help you stay cool a lot better than standard Hanes ones.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Armpit Stains