Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] What? Castlevania: SOTN coming to XBAL??

Burp
Saving the world... but NOT for free

Member 10186

Level 12.97

Jul 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 10:16 AM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 12:16 PM #1 of 7
What? Castlevania: SOTN coming to XBAL??

WTF

Its seems that is the PSX version, the Saturn version its better if you ask me (excluding that the SS version doesnt have transparency)

OK, its official for me: Xbox Live Arcade its transforming now in the "answer" to the Nintendo Virtual Console

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Gamercafe.cl: Your source for game news in Spanish.
TonyDaTigger
Chocobo

Member 4142

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 12:06 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 10:06 AM #2 of 7
FARK YEAAAA. Thank you Microsoft for having the insight at understanding market direction and making on the fly adjustments to be competitive.

SOTN I guess is not going to fit on a 64MB memory unit like Microsoft requires (or used to) for it's XBLA games. haha

The success of Street Figher II HF is doing wonderful things for online distribution.

In reality, SOTN is a poor choice for a game that fits with the XBLA model. Small games, co-op play, leaderboards - but I don't care.

My dream would be to see Suikoden I and Suikoden II downloadable for all to enjoy and don't have 200 bucks to spend on Ebay.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 01:40 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 10:40 AM #3 of 7
If I didn't already have it for PSX, this would be the best news I've heard all year. It's still pretty fuckin cool though.

Most amazing jew boots
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 02:16 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 01:16 PM #4 of 7
Originally Posted by TonyDaTigger
My dream would be to see Suikoden I and Suikoden II downloadable for all to enjoy and don't have 200 bucks to spend on Ebay.
While we're at it why don't we ask for Radiant Silvergun and Rez and all sorts of expensive stuff. =pppp

This, however, doesn't make sense to me. It's large, has no multiplayer or leaderboards or sanything of that sort, and just doesn't seem to "fit" with the whole Aracde thing.

I agree, XBLA turning into XBLVC.

Dunno if I'd buy this. It's probably like something like 1800 points.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 06:00 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 08:00 PM #5 of 7
I've already played my share of SOTN that I probably won't be buying this, but it's still good news in the sense of what other games might one day make it to Xbox Live Arcade.

I'm guessing Nintendo still owns some of the rights, but I just wished they'd bring Killer Instinct already.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:44 AM Local time: Aug 6, 2006, 06:44 PM #6 of 7
SOTN I guess is not going to fit on a 64MB memory unit like Microsoft requires (or used to) for it's XBLA games. haha
Actually, I think I've read (somewhere in Edge is my guess) that MS has no issues with larger XBLA games. I'm not complaining anyways, I think XBL, and XBLA, is a great way to distribute content. It even makes the whole "Wii's cheaper to develop for"-thing redundant, seeing as any developer could make a game, small or large, and they get 50% of what the game makes. Not really bad.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 07:23 AM Local time: Sep 12, 2006, 01:23 PM #7 of 7
Ain't likely to happen though, given that they're lined up for a Japanese PSP release.

I think it's good though that MS are looking at widening their catalogue through the Live Arcade. Sure games like SOTN don't have leaderboards but there are still a few of us that like to play games for the fun of playing rather than to compare our skills to everyone else in the world and if it means more hard to get hold of games being widely available then it has to be a good idea really.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] What? Castlevania: SOTN coming to XBAL??