Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Ergo Proxy

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old May 6, 2006, 09:17 AM Local time: May 6, 2006, 10:17 PM #151 of 401
B4-Hunter, if I ever see another post from you consisting solely of fansub torrent links, you're getting banned from Animespot for a week.

Consider this your formal warning.

FELIPE NO
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2006, 11:06 AM Local time: May 6, 2006, 05:06 PM #152 of 401
Originally Posted by Bigblah
B4-Hunter, if I ever see another post from you consisting solely of fansub torrent links, you're getting banned from Animespot for a week.

Consider this your formal warning.
I was just about to edit it and post there some info about new episode... but ok ok your the man here. I'll be doing thins AFTER watching new episode.

Most amazing jew boots
"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
- Assassin's Creed Ending
XBOX 360 LiVE ID: B4 Hunter PL
Playing on X360: Assassin's Creed, HALO 3
Playing on PC: Gears of War, Call of Duty 4
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 10:02 AM Local time: May 8, 2006, 11:02 PM #153 of 401
Just saw episode 7 by Yoroshiku. I'm just amazed at what's going on here. It's so cool!!!

Spoiler:
....so now Vincent and Pino are all alone. One human and an autorave on a vessel heading to Vince's home town, apparently the same place where the other Proxy was brought in from....? What's the secret to this place? What will Vince find there?

Now that a "must be fake" death certificate has been issued, Re-l should be able to move about a little more freely, that is if the director can actually believe Daedalus' deception. So what's next for our heroine? Is she gonna split Romdeau and head out to look for Vincent again? And what was Daedalus on about in the beginning when he mentioned something about Re-l's recuperative powers? Is she beginning to to develop strange powers or something? *gasp* - can she now survive outside?!

Looking forward to the next episode for sure!!!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 02:20 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 08:20 PM #154 of 401
I just switched to [Shinsen-Subs] cause of the MOST acurate translation and notes. They have GREAT HD version that I'm actually downloading. As for the newest episodes I download RAW and then [Ani-Jiyuu] but translation is horrible!!

Ok I'm watching Ergo Proxy from the first episode and I noticed few weird things. First it's raport found by Real in episode 04 in Vincent room:

Date: 02.12.36 on the top and 02.12.306 on the bottom... so witch is real?

Now another thing. At the 2nd page you see Vincent info...

Eyes: Blue...? WTF? He have bright green eyes... so whare is the point?

NEWS:
[Anime-Jiyuu] just released episode 09 (latest one). You can grab it here:
[Ani-Jiyuu]_Ergo_Proxy_-_09_[1DC02BDB] (Torrent)
[Ani-Jiyuu]_Ergo_Proxy_-_09_[1DC02BDB] (Direct)

How ya doing, buddy?
"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."

Last edited by B4-Hunter; May 9, 2006 at 09:06 AM.
Roph
ヽ(ºДº)ノ

Member 63

Level 25.06

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 06:29 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 12:29 AM #155 of 401
Ok so just finished watching 08 and then 09. WHAT THE FUCK.

I'm so confused now ._.

Spoiler:
So there's definately more than a few "proxies" then =0. Was the city where the freaky bisexual drunk is city of proxies then? I want to know exactly what these "proxies" are now. Nice to find out Vince is the Ergo Proxy, so no we have our main character I guess. Up to about episode 3/4 I had him as a side character and Lil/Real more the central one. Though the mystery surrounding Lil leads me to beleive she might have some weird power also. At least.

All I know is I want to see the next episode NOW. But I have to wait ;_;

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Roph; May 10, 2006 at 06:32 PM.
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 02:18 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 09:18 AM #156 of 401
Hunter, blue and green are often confused in Japanese, so it's an understandable mistake. And could you try to avoid grammar mistakes? It seems like you are getting progressively worse, and I don't remember you being that bad on the old boards.

Spoiler:
As for the latest EP episodes, I'm rather disappointed. First of all, where's Real? In alll the images and trailers that where released before the show aired, we saw Real, only her, so one would assume that she would be the main character. No problem with that in the beginning, but now we only see more and more of Vincent, who is a pretty whiny boring guy imo.

The second problem is that explaining Vincent's reasoning behind travelling to Moscow was poorly executed. I for one was rather bored with the whole thing outside of Romdeau, and I couldn't care less for the characters that died, and the plot just didn't seem to move forward.

Now the biggest disappointment happened in the latest episodes. We suddenly find out that Proxy is nothing more than a monster, complete with a lame transformation and all. Nothing about the government project that it seemed to be in the beginning, no more mysteries behind it, in short, a total disappointment. The transformation bothered me the most, since it is not something that you'd expect in a sci-fi anime. You'd expect a horrible government secret, creepy scientists and an unbelievable explanation, but none of that with just one lousy transformation.

One last point of critique is the music. The soundtrack really doesn't fit the show, music's played at the most awkward moments, but when you could actually use a good theme, like during the proxy battles, it just isn't there. This makes the battles, how good the animation may be, boring and uninspiring.

I'll see if ep 10 can change anything about these views, and if not, I guess that I will be watching one show less this season.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 04:55 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 10:55 AM #157 of 401
Originally Posted by Roph
Ok so just finished watching 08 and then 09. WHAT THE FUCK.

I'm so confused now ._.

Spoiler:
So there's definately more than a few "proxies" then =0. Was the city where the freaky bisexual drunk is city of proxies then? I want to know exactly what these "proxies" are now. Nice to find out Vince is the Ergo Proxy, so no we have our main character I guess. Up to about episode 3/4 I had him as a side character and Lil/Real more the central one. Though the mystery surrounding Lil leads me to beleive she might have some weird power also. At least.

All I know is I want to see the next episode NOW. But I have to wait ;_;
Spoiler:
Yeah there are few Proxies. First was the one from the lab that Vincent killed and Real found his body on infected autorave escape road. Next one is Vincent him self. Emissary of death. Ergo Proxy. Another is (was) the girl he killed in that military base (can't remember the name). Las one is that dude that "love" Vincent but I don't remember witch Emissary he was.

As for Real. I think she's Proxy to. He was created like all the others with Proxy cells in her body.

Originally Posted by Enkidu
Hunter, blue and green are often confused in Japanese, so it's an understandable mistake. And could you try to avoid grammar mistakes? It seems like you are getting progressively worse, and I don't remember you being that bad on the old boards.
Sorry. I know that. Since there is no spell check and I'm busy lately and don't have time to check everything. I'll try.
Spoiler:
As for the latest EP episodes, I'm rather disappointed. First of all, where's Real? In alll the images and trailers that where released before the show aired, we saw Real, only her, so one would assume that she would be the main character. No problem with that in the beginning, but now we only see more and more of Vincent, who is a pretty whiny boring guy imo.

The second problem is that explaining Vincent's reasoning behind travelling to Moscow was poorly executed. I for one was rather bored with the whole thing outside of Romdeau, and I couldn't care less for the characters that died, and the plot just didn't seem to move forward.

Now the biggest disappointment happened in the latest episodes. We suddenly find out that Proxy is nothing more than a monster, complete with a lame transformation and all. Nothing about the government project that it seemed to be in the beginning, no more mysteries behind it, in short, a total disappointment. The transformation bothered me the most, since it is not something that you'd expect in a sci-fi anime. You'd expect a horrible government secret, creepy scientists and an unbelievable explanation, but none of that with just one lousy transformation.

One last point of critique is the music. The soundtrack really doesn't fit the show, music's played at the most awkward moments, but when you could actually use a good theme, like during the proxy battles, it just isn't there. This makes the battles, how good the animation may be, boring and uninspiring.

Originally Posted by Enkidu
I'll see if ep 10 can change anything about these views, and if not, I guess that I will be watching one show less this season.
Spoiler:
Maybe your right. But sometimes story need to be told from different side to make us wait for something that was obvious from the start. Don't you think that Real image in Vincent head just before he was going to be killed doesn't mean something? It may be clue about what will or already happened to Real.

As for the episodes with Vincent I enjoy watching Pino. She's so cute and funny. I just love this "Usagi" think =). I think that EP will be like 26 or 30 episodes so we have a lot more fun before us.

My status for Ergo Proxy is: Hungry for more! =)

I was speaking idiomatically.
lordo
Progressive Rock God

Member 346

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 07:21 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 10:21 PM #158 of 401
@Enkidu

Do you think they'll give up all the secrets that early? Be patient

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 08:15 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 08:15 AM #159 of 401
It seems people want instant satisfaction nowadays. That doesn't bother me though as I like to get to know my characters before a lot of shit hits the fan.

Wow, the animation in this show runs from excellent to craptastic fast. Inconsistency is really getting on my nerves. Anyway, I will stick with it because I like the characters and the story is interesting so far. At least its not your typical sci-fi show. Cyber punk is a good description, but not quite as much as GITS:SAC.

FELIPE NO
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 09:24 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 04:24 PM #160 of 401
There are already nine episodes out, I don't care about "instant satisfaction". I do think that I can complain about the way that they execute the various revelations, which is very disappointing. And the point is, that you don't get to know the characters. The tidbits that are revealed about them are uninteresting, their motivations seem forced, and overall they don't have a personality. I do like to think that there are some valid points in my criticism.

How ya doing, buddy?
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 09:55 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 04:55 PM #161 of 401
Well, one of your main points was that Ergo Proxy is not typical sci-fi.

While this may disappoint you, it's one of the things that makes this Anime so unique in my opinion. It's totally unpredictable.

I don't think the execution of revelations so far were disappointing, either. I personally prefer to learn more of the mystery behind the Proxies with each episode rather than having to sit through countless episodes with no real plot developments whatsoever.

You're certainly entitled to criticism, I just found it odd that your main points of criticism are also the very same things that make Ergo Proxy stand out amidst the more generic Animes of this genre.

Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 10:28 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 05:28 PM #162 of 401
I'm noty talking about what they are revealing, it's nice to see that they don't lose focus on the main plot, but it's the way that they do it. Take the end of ep 8 for example, where we finally see a battle between two Proxies, something that at least I wanted to see for some time, but the way that they showed it was lame. Animation and all was nice, but the atmosphere just wasn't there. You didn't get the feeling that you were actually watching a battle between two creatures who surpass human abilities. I mainly blame this on the lack of good music, it wasn't until the end of that fight that there was a small tune, but the rest of it was shite.

What other shows would you put in the same genre as EP? an obvious one would be Ghost in the shell SAC, one that you can hardly call a clichéd anime. Maybe I don't watch enough to recognize clichés, but EP really doesn't seem to be that innovative to me.

Hunter, I don't really have any problems with the overall story, just by the way they bring it to us, which could have been done a lot better, to actually make you feel involved in the world. I also don't like how they made it look like Real would be the main character, who actually looked interesting, but the bits we've seen about her are below expectations. ANN says that EP will have 23 episodes btw, and by the way that it's set up, I really doubt that it'll go beyond 26.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 10:34 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 04:34 PM #163 of 401
After watching all 09 episodes I didn't had anything to do. I started downloading [Shinsen-Subs] version because of the best translation and notes after almost every episode.

The point is that after watching it knowing what we know already after nine episodes it's damn exiting. You understand a lot of things and can think of new theory.

It's first anime that gives me so much fun watching it again after such a short time. You guys need to try it.

Most amazing jew boots
jinrui198
Anime Seeker

Member 4037

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 12:36 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 01:36 PM #164 of 401
Can anyone please put it in direct .avi episodes? I don't have bittorrent.

Please?

B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 03:28 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 09:28 AM #165 of 401
Originally Posted by jinrui198

Please?
Erm if you want to watch [Ani-Jiyuu] release I can get you link to direct download that is here.

If you can't use BT just switch to IRC. They give much better speed then BT and you can get a lot more.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 09:38 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 09:38 AM #166 of 401

Please?
For those who cannot use IRC or Bittorrent; if you have $10 to spare try Anime-Direct. They have hundreds of anime fansubs for direct download. Since they have dedicated servers the speeds are incredible. I get a steady speed of 700/kbps almost all of the time.

B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 11:35 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 05:35 PM #167 of 401
Originally Posted by Foshi
For those who cannot use IRC or Bittorrent; if you have $10 to spare try Anime-Direct. They have hundreds of anime fansubs for direct download. Since they have dedicated servers the speeds are incredible. I get a steady speed of 700/kbps almost all of the time.
If you know people from all official fansub channels you can get up to 1,5 MB/s! I know few people that are sending me latest episodes. So just stick to IRC and make friends =D.

FELIPE NO
Blades Of Ice
=O

Member 6689

Level 7.53

May 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 03:21 PM #168 of 401
One question for all of you currently watching Ergo Proxy:

All of my episodes seem super-dark. Whenever there is a scene that's supposed to be in darkness, I see action on screen but I'm unsure if this was the intention of the anime itself, or if the torrents I'm downloading are just crappy. It's hard to say that, because most torrents are perfect quality anyway.

Just to add, I've been downloading them from A-Kraze, Y-F and A-U, as well as Yoroshiku. The quality of all three is the same as A-Kraze, the fansubbers I respect the most.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 03:25 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 04:25 PM #169 of 401
It is a very dark anime in general.
However, I think you might want to adjust the contrast and brightness of your monitor as well (contrast mostly). If they are under the half-way value, then you will probably be getting mostly dark blurry splotches. I ran into this problem, and then only at around episode 6 did I even think about checking my monitor settings, which were basically at the 0 points.
I hope this doesn't seem like I'm assuming you are dumb or anything, cuz that is not the case.

Last edited by Fjordor; May 13, 2006 at 04:15 PM.
Blades Of Ice
=O

Member 6689

Level 7.53

May 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 05:34 PM #170 of 401
Exactly what I needed to hear. The darkness, despite needing to be adjusted on my computer seems to still add a different sense to this anime. Silhoutte's seem to be used, shadows, lightning - to me, it's one of the most beautiful pieces of anime I've seen in a long time.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 06:07 AM Local time: May 14, 2006, 12:07 PM #171 of 401
I really like Ergo Proxy that's why I want to have it in perfect quality. I chose [Shinsen-Subs] HD version so everything will be in best possible quality. Besides many people think that this release is the most accurate to the true translation.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
jinrui198
Anime Seeker

Member 4037

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 02:41 AM Local time: May 18, 2006, 03:41 PM #172 of 401
My god... Egro Proxy's story sucks...

Man I can't believe I actually downloaded 9 episodes and I feel sick already.

I might advise people not to watch this. The only good thing about Egro Proxy is that the graphics is exceptionally great but the storyline stinks.

Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 08:44 AM Local time: May 18, 2006, 08:44 AM #173 of 401
My god... Egro Proxy's story sucks...

Man I can't believe I actually downloaded 9 episodes and I feel sick already.

I might advise people not to watch this. The only good thing about Egro Proxy is that the graphics is exceptionally great but the storyline stinks.
So, anime have graphics now? If you mean animation I have to disagree. Manglobe has had varying success with the animation so far. Sometimes, like in the first few episodes, it was quite good and fluid. They lost that though. Now it varies greatly from episode to episode and even during episodes. I can't even count all of the different looks the characters have. Inconsistent animation is a big peeve of mine, but like I said before this is a series I'm sticking with because the characters are so interesting and the story is unique.

Most amazing jew boots
Roph
ヽ(ºДº)ノ

Member 63

Level 25.06

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 08:54 AM Local time: May 18, 2006, 02:54 PM #174 of 401
I have to agree with Foshi here, I've certaintly noticed little changes in the animation from time to time, though nothing as serious as to ge on my nerves. Each episode is leaving me wanting more, and so I'll continue to watch so I can find out the answers I want.

I for one am definately interested in what is going to happen to Vince/Pino and Real next.

If you watch Ergo Proxy in an almost reluctant fashion then I can see how you're not going to be drawn into it.

[edit] B4, I've been sticking with anime-jiyuu, mainly due to their quick releases, and I haven't really noticed any dodgy subtuitles. I like this anime enough though that I'd get shinisen-subs HD versions when they're done =D

Last edited by Roph; May 18, 2006 at 08:56 AM.
ning
^_^

Member 7108

Level 1.02

May 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 01:32 AM #175 of 401
Red face ergo proxy

I totally agree, this anime kicks ass. I'm up to the 9th episode and I'm really looking forward to the next one. It moves at such a steady pace, unravelling it's story while explaining things just as slow. LOL And I love Vincent Law's character.

All togehter it just rocks! ^_^

Put a couple of cool wallpapers with this...

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Ergo Proxy