Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Burning Ogg Vorbis tracks to audio CD

jaraph
Chocobo

Member 714

Level 13.00

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 09:21 PM Local time: Feb 11, 2007, 07:21 PM 1 #1 of 40
Burning Ogg Vorbis tracks to audio CD

I hope this hasn't been covered before; a quick search seemed to suggest that it hadn't.

Basically, the title sums up my question. I've got audio in Ogg (or some other non-MP3) format, and I'd like to create audio CDs from it. What's the recommended methodology? Also, any answers that consist of "Crack Nero. Problem solved." or something similar won't be of much help to me. I'd prefer to be above-board with this.

Thanks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
jaraph
Chocobo

Member 714

Level 13.00

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2007, 07:21 PM Local time: Feb 15, 2007, 05:21 PM #2 of 40
Wow, thanks for all the advice, guys.

Personally, I chose to go with Ogg because it was the only open format my portable would play out of the box.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
jaraph
Chocobo

Member 714

Level 13.00

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2007, 11:40 AM Local time: Feb 16, 2007, 09:40 AM #3 of 40
I'm not an audiophile on any level, but I do listen to a lot of music on a lot of different devices in a lot of different places. At least part of this discussion seems to be about why the masses do what they do, so my opinion may have some relevance...do with it what you will.

I want music files that sound good and will play with minimal fuss wherever I go. The statement,

"Wow, these tunes sound pretty good (a lot better than the cassettes I grew up with), and I can play them on my computer, my portable, my Xbox, my work computer, etc."

is much more valuable to me than the statement,

"Wow, I've got some tunes back home that someone with more finely tuned hearing than I have or someone in a side-by-side blind test would, if they had great hardware, identify as better-sounding than those crazy MP3s the uninformed masses use. Of course, during normal listening, I can't tell the difference, and of course my Xbox doesn't play them, my portable doesn't play them, and my work computer doesn't play them...but, boy, do I feel cool when I'm listening to those files on my home computer."

It's a bit like the next-gen DVD formats for me. I have a PS3, and I don't deny that BluRay movies look better on my TV than standard DVDs. Am I going to go re-buy all the DVDs I currently own? Not as long as I have some player that will play them. At some point, the difference between great content in good fidelity and great content in great fidelity just isn't important to me.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Burning Ogg Vorbis tracks to audio CD