Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Attention] Forum Rules

seanne
²°°

Member 69

Level 35.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 12:29 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 07:29 PM #1 of 100
Originally Posted by Anima
I have been wondering ever since I saw this trailer on a demo disc I once got with a PS mag (must be about 9 years ago), and I still love it. Does anyone what this is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNAyq4cf5fE&search=FFVII

(FFVII trailer)
I remember hearing this piece in a TV commercial a couple of years ago (post '97). So I'm not even sure if it's something that Square produced themselves. I tried to find some info on it myself back in the day, but I found nothing.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
seanne
²°°

Member 69

Level 35.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 08:50 AM Local time: Aug 4, 2006, 03:50 PM #2 of 100
Originally Posted by Lord Jaroh
This track is indeed from one of the Dracula Battle albums. The first one to be exact. You can find more info about them right here. And if you want to download them, feel free to get them from my FTP server. You'll find more info about that if you follow the link in my signature.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
seanne
²°°

Member 69

Level 35.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2007, 05:56 PM Local time: Jan 14, 2007, 12:56 AM #3 of 100
There's a really popular version on solo piano (I say popular because I've heard that version multiple times elsewhere). Is it part of the original film soundtrack or did someone do another rendition?
There have been different versions of this track made by Sakamoto, but the version used in the film isn't a straight piano piece so it might not be the one you've heard.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by seanne; Jan 13, 2007 at 05:59 PM.
seanne
²°°

Member 69

Level 35.40

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 07:42 PM Local time: May 11, 2007, 02:42 AM #4 of 100
Only the first and third of the three soundtracks have per-track credits as far as musicians are concerned. And while it's true that the Seatbelts play (and are credited) on many of the tracks, there are also many tracks featuring non-Seatbelts musicians or only select members of the band.

Generally people won't put musicians in the artist field and personally, in this case, I would credit Kanno for all non-vocal tracks (the only exception, track 18 on the second album, which was remixed by DJ FOOD) and the vocalist in question for the respective vocal tracks.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by seanne; May 10, 2007 at 07:44 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [Attention] Forum Rules