Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Bayonetta Non Stop Climax Action

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2009, 06:47 AM #1 of 107
Bayonetta Non Stop Climax Action

There's been news on this game for a while now so I guess it's time to make a thread since there is officially a demo out on the Japanese store of PSN.
I haven't tried it out yet but aside from the sex appeal and legs that defy all logic, it looks like a decent fast paced action game.
I don't know too much on terms of story. Something about a witch with glasses fighting with her legs and clothes.

Climax action
YouTube Video

Anyways here's some info
Bayonetta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here are trailers
Bayonetta Video Game | Reviews, Trailers & Interviews | GameTrailers.com

Jam it back in, in the dark.

New Record!
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2009, 07:39 AM #2 of 107
Ah, didn't realize they announced release date.

So far it looks good, but mostly because it's a female protagonist with tits jiggling and fine body-lines showing off from that tight spandex made from her hair. On top of that, it's action oriented as much as DMC? Sounds good to me.

Bummer, I mean she's a witch but so far no info about riding on broomsticks.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2009, 08:53 AM #3 of 107
I played this at the SEGA booth at FanExpo at the end of August. I had a lot of fun with it, despite being sort of rushed because a lot of people were lined up to play.

It's kinda DMC/GoW style fighting, but with tits. It's pretty damn cool.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2009, 09:35 AM Local time: Oct 8, 2009, 08:35 AM #4 of 107
I just got through playing the demo, and I enjoyed it. It has a really nice presentation, intriguing if a bit nonsensical story, and typical acrobatic action style gameplay (definitely most reminiscent of DMC, no surprise being from the same creator). I'm definitely even more interested in it now, and I can't wait to see how the final game turns out.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2009, 12:43 PM #5 of 107
As much as this game reminds us ofcrazy jumping and shooting mystical-lookin monsters, it shows promise. Also, Bayonetta remind me of the chick from Ghostalkers when she summons monsters/magic the way she does >=3.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2009, 05:33 PM #6 of 107
I finally played it after getting home. I really liked it, the story kinda got me interested make me want to know more.
I actually found the combat more fun than DMC4, it's actually like a mix of DMC with GodHand's personality. If I knew all the features the game will have I'd consider it a day 1 purchase but if it's just a 10 hour single player and nothing more I'll wait for a price drop or to rent it.
Oh and sort of a small feature I really liked was that you could practice a combo during loading times.

Most amazing jew boots

New Record!
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2009, 07:56 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2009, 05:56 PM #7 of 107
So I played the demo, and jesus christ.

It's like going to a masquerade ball under the influence of angeldust. It's elegant and downright batshit crazy at the same time. I like it! Liked the bit where you finish a mini-boss and you tap triangle and circle for a summoned beast HOLY SHIT TAP SQUARE FOR AWESOME FINISH FUCK YEAH 550 MEGATONS

Before I had skepticism on how will this turn out. Consider me converted!

FELIPE NO
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2009, 12:04 AM Local time: Oct 9, 2009, 06:04 AM #8 of 107
I've had this pre-ordered for fucking ages now and the release date keeps slipping. It was originally supposed to have come out in July of this year, current estimates are saying Q1 2010.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2009, 01:54 AM Local time: Oct 9, 2009, 06:54 AM #9 of 107
Yeah it got pushed back everywhere except Japan, which is still getting it this month I believe. But yeah, the release date was pushed back to the vague Q1 2010, so a late January release might not be out of the question.

Most amazing jew boots
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2009, 02:52 AM Local time: Oct 9, 2009, 03:52 PM #10 of 107
Very, very reminiscent of the DMC series but it also seems to work very well here. In the demo the moves are not difficult to perform and the action is fast-paced and, though you are put up against quite a few enemies at once, it's never overwhelming. Downloaded the TGS 2009 trailer from the JPN PSN network and still don't have a clue to the main story, but so far this game looks great.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Oct 9, 2009, 03:00 AM Local time: Oct 9, 2009, 10:00 AM #11 of 107
Very, very reminiscent of the DMC series but it also seems to work very well here.
Kamiya created DMC, so the similarity shouldn't be surprising.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2009, 07:55 AM Local time: Oct 9, 2009, 05:55 AM #12 of 107
I dunno, I'm not very excited for this game, it looks almost TOO similar to devil may cry... but maybe my attitude will change when I try out the demo. IS there a demo on Xbox-Live?

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2009, 08:46 AM Local time: Oct 9, 2009, 07:46 AM #13 of 107
IS there a demo on Xbox-Live?
Only if you have a Japanese gold account. Since the game isn't coming out here until next year, they probably won't release an American version until then.

How ya doing, buddy?
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Oct 9, 2009, 09:08 AM Local time: Oct 9, 2009, 04:08 PM #14 of 107
YouTube Video

Aw yeah.

Also, regarding the 360 demo, apparently you can burn it to a DVD-R, put it in and launch it from the games library, no modding or anything. I'm downloading it right now just to try it out, so I don't know for certain.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZGVDV3OW

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Oct 9, 2009 at 09:11 AM.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2009, 09:30 AM #15 of 107
Breakdancing is cool, I need to figure out how to do that. I only saw her pose once in front of the camera which I found funny.
From what I heard, the 360 version overall looks better. Not sure if anyone can confirm this or if it was just fanboy talk. From what I noticed in the PS3 version, the cutscenes kinda lower in quality from the actual gameplay for some reason.

FELIPE NO

New Record!
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2009, 09:51 AM Local time: Oct 9, 2009, 08:51 AM #16 of 107
The 360 version is definitely the better overall version to get. Platinum didn't even develop the PS3 version, they just handed the data over to Sega so they could port it (similar to how Valve let EA port the PS3 version of The Orange Box). It's definitely noticeable that the PS3 doesn't look as good when compared to the 360 version (check out some pics here), and it's been confirmed that the PS3 version doesn't run at 60 fps like the 360 version.

Most amazing jew boots
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2009, 09:53 AM Local time: Oct 9, 2009, 04:53 PM #17 of 107
YouTube Video

Aw yeah.

Also, regarding the 360 demo, apparently you can burn it to a DVD-R, put it in and launch it from the games library, no modding or anything. I'm downloading it right now just to try it out, so I don't know for certain.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
yes check out this site for guide on how to burn and links to many other demos

How to burn files and folders to a CD, DVD or Blu-ray Disc using ImgBurn - Digiex

no homo
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2009, 10:26 AM #18 of 107
The 360 version is definitely the better overall version to get. Platinum didn't even develop the PS3 version, they just handed the data over to Sega so they could port it (similar to how Valve let EA port the PS3 version of The Orange Box). It's definitely noticeable that the PS3 doesn't look as good when compared to the 360 version (check out some pics here), and it's been confirmed that the PS3 version doesn't run at 60 fps like the 360 version.
Such a kick in the balls for PS3 owners. Can't be helped since making 360 -> porting ps3 sounds smarter than Ps3-> port to 360 or make one each.

The game looks like shit on PS3 from the link you've provided.
FML

There's nowhere I can't reach.
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Oct 9, 2009, 10:33 AM Local time: Oct 9, 2009, 05:33 PM #19 of 107
I played the PS3 demo at work today and it looked pretty good. At the time I had nothing to compare to though, but on its own it looked good.

I'm getting the 360 version, but it was nice seeing it didn't look like poo like the PS3 orange box did.

How ya doing, buddy?

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2009, 01:10 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2009, 11:10 AM #20 of 107

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Thanks for the info Q and Rock. The whole downloading to DVD-R is giving me flashbacks to RE5's demo debut

However, for some reason or another, the Link is broken

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Oct 9, 2009, 01:59 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2009, 08:59 PM #21 of 107
Looks like they removed it. I managed to download it before that and the demo works fine. Even picks english subtitles from the system language instead of forcing it in japanese.

As far as I understood, the demo is different on 360 and PS3. I didn't play the whole demo on PS3, so I don't know where it started and ended, but from what I read about the easter eggs, the 360 demo has an additional level at the start?

EDIT:
Reupped, but in 8 parts.
http://www.filestube.com/167011867a6...follanson.html

Also available on torrent
http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/1...mo?tab=summary

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Oct 9, 2009 at 03:01 PM.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2009, 09:30 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2009, 08:30 PM #22 of 107
As far as I understood, the demo is different on 360 and PS3. I didn't play the whole demo on PS3, so I don't know where it started and ended, but from what I read about the easter eggs, the 360 demo has an additional level at the start?
Actually, in a weird kind of way the content in both demos is kinda of equal in quantity, in that they had the same # of playable levels. The difference is that the 360 version got the falling clock tower part at the beginning and closed after the boss fight on the bridge. While the PS3 version skipped clock tower sequence (understandable I guess, as I've read that the PS3 version had some serious issues running that part), but you finish off/torture/banish the big troll thing after it tossed the bridge. The sequence the PS3 version got, to replace clock tower one, was a flashback (?) boss fight with Jeanne (the blond, red outfitted witch, sister to Bayonetta?).

The 360 definitely looked and appeared to run better than the PS3 version, though the contrast on the 360 version is a little higher than I'd like. The PS3 version appeared really blurry and it was screen tearing at the top of the picture during cutscenes, the 360 looked much sharper and cleaner. Though, I kinda prefer the DS3 over the 360 controller. I really hope they polish the performance for the PS3 version, now that they delayed the game. I'd really rather play this game with the DS3 (much like DMC4), however if it's gonna be as bad of a port as orange box was then with 360 I will have to go.

Oh and the Bullet Climax (rotate the RS + Y/Triangle or B/Circle) move is what Capcom should have done for Two Some Time in DMC3 and DMC4! You can even do a mid-switch from hand guns to the leg guns if you're quick on the input, really neat! Also love the katana + shotgun set, she's even got Dante's Million Stab move (LT/L2 to switch weapons). Another neat thing is that if you hold the punch or kick during combos she'll fire her guns, eg. you add gun fire to the combos (it's kinda of like Ifrit gaunlets in DMC how if you hold the button you get a stronger attack, and can do so with each input of a combo).

Oh, you can get english subtitles in the PS3 version. It's under the display settings (last item in the option menu), the subtitles (under the brightness meter) for english is like the 2nd or 3rd option. I'd give ya the kanji for "eigo" if I knew how to type it out.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2009, 09:38 AM #23 of 107
Well if you need a more clearer comparison, GT has already done their comparison.
A lot of the comparisons they do are useless but this one really shows the differences. I actually had fun with the ps3 version despite the flaws but I'm still willing to wait for a price drop and I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a special edition a year later where they refine the graphics. So needless to say, 360 is the obvious version to get but I'm not going to buy one just for this game. It's a fun guilty pleasure but not a system seller.

Comparison in motion which isn't all that bad
Bayonetta Video Game, PS3/360 Demo Comparison HD | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

How ya doing, buddy?

New Record!
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2009, 04:34 PM #24 of 107
Doesn't really matter as long as everyone can get piece of the action on whichever system its on. So I'm better off getting the ps3 version "just because" ;p.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2009, 05:38 PM Local time: Oct 12, 2009, 03:38 PM #25 of 107
You can get the PS3 version but ONLY the subtitles can be English (voices are English by default). The 360 version, as Ness and Qwarky has stated, is English everything.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Bayonetta Non Stop Climax Action