Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Miami Vice

Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 05:28 PM Local time: Jul 27, 2006, 05:28 PM #1 of 16
Miami Vice

MPAA Rating: R for strong violence, language and some sexual content

Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/univer...ler_large.html

The cocaine cowboys of the '80s are gone, but Miami's Casablanca allure, the undercover cops and the attitudes of Michael Mann's culturally influential television series have been enhanced by time in the feature film version of Miami Vice.
Ricardo Tubbs (Academy Award® winner Jamie Foxx of Ray, Jarhead) is urbane and dead smart. He lives with Bronx-born intel analyst Trudy, played by British actress Naomie Harris (28 Days Later, upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean II and III), as they work undercover transporting drug loads into South Florida to identify a group responsible for three murders.
Sonny Crockett (Colin Farrell of S.W.A.T., The New World) ]to the untrained eye, his presentation may seem unorthodox, but procedurally he is sound] is charismatic and flirtatious until-while undercover working with the supplier of the South Florida group-he gets romantically entangled with Isabella, the Chinese-Cuban wife of an arms and drugs trafficker. Isabella is played by the Chinese actress Gong Li (Raise the Red Lantern, Memoirs of a Geisha).
The best undercover identity is oneself with the volume turned up and restraint unplugged. The intensity of this case pushes Crockett and Tubbs out onto the edge where identity and fabrication become blurred, where cop and player become one-especially for Crockett in his romance with Isabella and for Tubbs in the provocation of an assault on those he loves.
Miami Vice, as a large-scale feature film, liberates what is adult, dangerous and alluring about working deeply undercover...especially when Crockett and Tubbs go to where their badges don't count...
Miami Vice stars Colin Farrell, Jamie Foxx, Gong Li, Naomie Harris and Ciarán Hinds and is written and directed by Michael Mann, who also produces along with Pieter Jan Brugge; Anthony Yerkovich serves as executive producer. -- © Universal Pictures

I haven't seen even one episode of the television series, but I am still most definintely looking forward to this movie. It's from Micheal Mann the same person who directed Collateral and I loved that movie. I've been waiting for a good crime action movie to come along and this looks like the movie.

So, who else is looking forward to this one?

How ya doing, buddy?
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 05:34 PM Local time: Jul 27, 2006, 03:34 PM #2 of 16
From what I hear, this movie is exactly the type of crime movie I like. Dark, gritty, and violent. Michael Mann hasn't failed me yet, and I'm hoping he won't this time.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 05:47 PM #3 of 16
I was a fan of collateral but I'm not a fan of collin ferrel hopefully he can work around that. I'm not expecting a big thing here but hopefully something thats entertaining.
Other than that, has anybody got the soundtrack yet. Share the love ^_^

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

New Record!
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 05:55 PM Local time: Jul 27, 2006, 05:55 PM #4 of 16
Originally Posted by Shenlon
I was a fan of collateral but I'm not a fan of collin ferrel hopefully he can work around that. I'm not expecting a big thing here but hopefully something thats entertaining.
Other than that, has anybody got the soundtrack yet. Share the love ^_^
You can down the soundtrack torrent here: http://www.isohunt.com/dl.php?id=12807408

I'm still downloading, but I can upload it later if you want.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 07:10 PM #5 of 16
I've got the soundtrack and can throw it up on SendSpace if it's easier for anyone? Great album too.

Yeah if my sig and ava is anything to judge by then obviously I'm stoked for MV. I used to watch the original TV series as a kid but that doesn't really mean anything as the TV show and movie are two completely different entities that show only the same name and characters....and Michael Mann.

At least it's not an anal raping of the show like the other recent TV-to-Big Screen remakes have been.

Hopefully I can get out there and see the film over the weekend. The reviews have been great so far and Smith & Roeper will be reviewing it next week.

How ya doing, buddy?
dhsu87
Carob Nut

Member 9512

Level 4.85

Jul 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 09:24 PM #6 of 16
i'd really appreciate it if you could upload it.
i've never watched the original, but after the trailer, i'm definately interested in the movie.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 10:34 PM #7 of 16
Here you go and for anyone else that wants it:
Miami Vice Original Soundtrack

Most amazing jew boots
dhsu87
Carob Nut

Member 9512

Level 4.85

Jul 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 10:58 PM #8 of 16
thanks alot. i'll probably listen to it a bit to get hyped for the movie

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
lemonmanko
yell it very loud!

Member 1971

Level 12.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 02:28 AM Local time: Jul 28, 2006, 01:28 AM #9 of 16
im going to the movies to see this today i hope its good cause i don't like to waste money on shitty movies

if not at least i got out for once haha

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Living Legend
Chocobo

Member 124

Level 13.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 05:58 AM Local time: Jul 28, 2006, 02:58 AM #10 of 16
I saw the movie earlier tonight, I guess I can say it was okay at best. There were times when it was explaining stuff that I just felt completely lost, I really didn't give a crap about any of the characters or who lived or died or what happened to em.

Spoiler:
The end of the movie leaves it WIDE open for a sequel, so fans of the series/movie be happy

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Take this keycard, you can unlock the doors in the hall with this. Now GO!...JUST go!
A hero that lived long enough to see himself become the villain.
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 02:31 PM #11 of 16
I saw it last night as well and liked it a lot, some people might be confused cause it is a Crime/Drama NOT action movie. There were a lot of teenagers at the movie who were like "that was gay" at the end cause it was either too complex or didn't have enough action for them.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 07:56 PM #12 of 16
I just got back from the film - it was fantastic. It exceeded my rather low expectations by quite a bit. There was no 80's nostalgia here, just pure gritty undercover cop drama. I'd recommend it to anybody that likes edgier cop stuff. It's more like The Shield than any other cop thing that I've seen.

Most amazing jew boots

eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 01:28 AM Local time: Jul 29, 2006, 01:28 AM #13 of 16
Originally Posted by Freddy Krueger
I saw it last night as well and liked it a lot, some people might be confused cause it is a Crime/Drama NOT action movie. There were a lot of teenagers at the movie who were like "that was gay" at the end cause it was either too complex or didn't have enough action for them.
I don't want to compare myself to teenagers like that, but I kind of fell into that category. Not knowing what to expect really, I found myself to be pretty bored throughout most of the movie. I was expecting more action (more than a single gunfight, anyways), and I felt the movie dragged on with a plot that I couldn’t ever keep up with, or understand for that matter. I guess I don’t know enough crime slang or something...

I was speaking idiomatically.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 06:56 AM #14 of 16
I was confused at a few points because of the slang and shit they were using for the drug deals, but it didn't really matter in the end.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

SampMan87
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10142

Level 2.62

Jul 2006

Old Jul 30, 2006, 11:58 PM #15 of 16
I just returned from seeing Miami Vice, and I have to say, I was a little disappointed.

I never saw the TV series, so I wasn't entirely sure what to expect, but when I actually got there to see it, it was really difficult to follow, and I found that a lot of the plot line seemed to run awkwardly, I guess is the best way to describe it. I really enjoyed the premise of the movie, and the acting was fantastic, but it just felt like there was something missing.

That's really all I've got to say about it. The majority of the movie I was lost.

FELIPE NO
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:43 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2006, 10:43 PM #16 of 16
I just came back from seeing this film. Michael Mann is usually not a director who disappoints and this movie was, for the most part, no exception to that rule.

Much like most of you, I was pretty lost a lot of the time because I really had no idea where each plot point was being fired from. I mean, there was no backstories told about ANYTHING that was going on and the viewer was almost expected to extrapolate the story from what was presented, which did leave me a bit disappointed. However, the film's 2 leads turn in incredible performances which are really the saving grace of the film.

All in all: Yes. I did enjoy the film. It was solid acting, straightforward and fast paced storytelling and top notch action. Sure it was hard to follow, but it's more than made up for in style.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Simo
Here you go and for anyone else that wants it:
Miami Vice Original Soundtrack
You fucking rock. The soundtrack was pretty cool as well and I did recognize a lot of the club tracks as being Sasha remixes. Thanks for the upload.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Paco; Jul 31, 2006 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Miami Vice