Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Onionknight Final Fantasy: Smugasfuck Call - You bought DLC, Kupo

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2014, 11:35 AM Local time: Sep 27, 2014, 09:35 AM #76 of 165
Yeah, I've become consistently good at Expert, but Ultimate still (and likely always will) make me feel bad about myself. I can't seem to process the notes fast enough before it's time to fire them off, so if I'm lucky, I'll get an S on the song. Usually A, and a statistically significant amount of Bs on some of the tougher tracks. Taps and holds are easy enough, but rapid successions of holds-then-slides fuck me up without fail.

Still, this game is fantastic and I'm extremely happy that I bought it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Final Fantasy Phoneteen; Sep 27, 2014 at 02:12 PM.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2014, 04:34 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2014, 09:34 AM #77 of 165
Yeah, I have the same issue with just visually processing what's coming along with Ultimate. Game is fun as hell though.

I think I came across a rage quitter. Playing a random online and actually doing really well... "Communications Error". Oh. Damn it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2014, 02:24 PM #78 of 165
It's the dumbest game for rage quitting too. The loser still gets a card and it barely subtracts any points at all.

I have that same issue with processing Ultimate. I'm mostly going by color, so sudden arrows mixed in can mess me up badly.

Omagnus and I played a couple songs after Mario Kart yesterday, and everything worked great. We confirmed that it'll swap proficards again if you switch maps, so it won't be a problem passing those around. We also confirmed that Judgement can burn in hell. Even Random Speed doesn't make your score plummet as quickly.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by The Plane Is A Tiger; Sep 28, 2014 at 02:26 PM.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2014, 02:41 PM #79 of 165
Y'all are making this game harder than it needs to be. Playing Ultimate isn't so much about processing notes as it is becoming familiar with the music. This goes for a lot of other music games as well. Playing on anything other than the highest difficulty means there are gaps between touches and the music, where playing on the hardest difficulty means there's more than likely a touch for every note.

I have the opposite problem, where I'm prone to make mistakes on Expert because I'll be expecting there to be touches where there are none and it throws off my internal cadence.

My advice to you guys is start off slow. Pick a song you really, really like and know inside out (for me it was Battle II from FF3) and play it over and over until you get a feel for how the touch/music cues lines up. Once you get a better understanding of how often you should be expecting to tap/slide you can work you way down songs that you're familiar with and then maybe work on to ones that you aren't. Continuing to play Expert only is going to make tackling some of the harder Quest Maps near impossible.

FELIPE NO

#654: Braixen
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2014, 03:16 PM #80 of 165
Yeah, my problem right now is that Expert is a bit too easy, but most Ultimate tracks are still kind of a bitch. There's a few tracks where I just can't get it down at all, it's like the notes are following a different beat line then I am mentally. My biggest issue at the moment is I keep flip-flopping between Stylus and button controls. Stylus is obviously the best for FMS stages because of the slides at the end of hold notes which is kind of fucked with button controls. For BMS though some patterns I feel are harder with button, and some are harder with stylus. I'll probably wind up sticking with buttons for BMS though.

Also the staff roll is fucking amazing.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2014, 03:43 PM 1 #81 of 165
The staff roll is incredible, yes. Like, is that fucking SKA? In the year of our lord 2014? Yes. Yes it is.

Also, the only way to play without EX Bursts online is with Ultimate. Get good or go home. 8)

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Scent of a Grundle
Mountain Chocobo

Member 32415

Level 28.14

Dec 2008

Old Sep 28, 2014, 03:44 PM Local time: Sep 28, 2014, 02:44 PM #82 of 165
Welp, bought the game and tried to download it, but it messed up my SD card. Hope this game is worth losing all of my save data for Fire Emblem, Zelda, Animal Crossing, AA5, Layton vs. Wright, Oracle of Seasons, Shin Megami Tensei IV, and whatever other games i'm forgetting, because the backup i made got corrupted, so that's what happened.

How ya doing, buddy?
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2014, 03:56 PM #83 of 165
Holy shit, what happened? I suddenly feel like I should be backing up my SD card before buying anything on the shop every time.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2014, 04:00 PM Local time: Sep 28, 2014, 03:00 PM 1 #84 of 165
::not making regular data backups in the year of our lord 2014::

Silv

Member 8081

Level 5.27

Jun 2006

Old Sep 28, 2014, 04:48 PM Local time: Sep 28, 2014, 10:48 PM 1 #85 of 165
Hadn't played the previous title, but got hooked after abusing the demo. Having since played the game almost religiously for the past two days, I'm sitting here actually impatient while my 3DS recharges for more DDR-esque insanity. My one gripe about the Advent Children playlist would be the missing "Beyond the Wasteland" instead of "Cloud Smiles". Surely it would be appropriate? (Well, once it gets going! ^^)

However, this game has reignited my love for FF VIII, the soundtrack is playing as I type. Fear I may start seeing red blobs and green sliders while out walking though...

"Non-nerdish people are BORING. It's all babies and shoes and kids and cricket."
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2014, 05:54 PM #86 of 165
Got the level 50 Short Quest XP map. Working on getting the other hugely popular map making the rounds known as the Chocobo map:

Quote:
I have a long level 75 P "A nostalgic trip into a pastoral fantasy" map. It's comprised of 85 FMS and only 3 BMS (the boss fights), with 76 of those FMSes being fat chocobos, 8 being keys, and 1 being an Aethyrite. It looks like it's been passed around a lot by Japanese players.

I was getting 15k+ experience per song once it hit the 2x multiplier.
Mother of God, etc

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2014, 07:55 PM #87 of 165
Yeah, International peeps are insane. Just got a Level 99 P short map, final boss is Feral Chaos who gives Four White shards. This is amazing. I don't have squad that can beat him though, even with five ultimate attacks I couldn't beat him (you unlock his music stage at 40,000 RM). He shows up 4th order in the song and it's a very short tune.

Most amazing jew boots

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2014, 07:59 PM #88 of 165
Yeah, there are Ultimate BMS maps out there that are literally impossible unless you have *10 level 99 parties all fully decked out, because you literally don't have enough CP to have enough damage skills equipped to clear them, even if you get a Perfect Critical chain. People are nuts. You've probably got one of the Nostalgia maps? There's apparently 8 of them:

Quote:
Nostalgia maps are special Premium maps that (I think) has fixed songs/themes. They can be obtained as any other map, by completing other chaos maps. Their levels are 25-50-75-99.

Their complete names are "A nostalgic trip into a ______ fantasy".

Substitute______ for:

- Bracing: map with lots of bracers and magic pots in their BMS. Used for leveling, as those monsters give more EXP.
- Pastoral: map with plenty of FMS.
- Fierce: map with lots of BMS (there are no FMS songs in these maps)
- Aging: the songs in these maps are only from FFIV to VI.
- Recent: the songs in these maps are only from FFVII to IX.
- Foreign: the songs in these maps are only from non numbered FFs.
The Level 50 XP map I have is a Bracing one, and the insane chocobo one I mentioned above is a level 75 Pastoral one. There's two other ones as well, "New" which is only FF X-IV maps, then the last is FF I-III maps (don't know the name).

Scent of a Grundle
Mountain Chocobo

Member 32415

Level 28.14

Dec 2008

Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:44 PM Local time: Sep 28, 2014, 09:44 PM #89 of 165
::not making regular data backups in the year of our lord 2014::
There was a backup, it just got corrupted somehow. Couldn't put it back on the SD card for some reason. I did the save data backup, but i didn't realize that it would back it up on the SD card itself, which is kind of pointless.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2014, 07:53 PM #90 of 165
....I got a level 99 Nostalgic Fierce quest online. Fuck. Nope.gif etc

Also I just got the crazy level 75 Chocobo map. Y'all gonna have to give me a bit to beat this so I can share it, it's 88 tracks long >_>

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by SailorDaravon; Sep 29, 2014 at 09:32 PM.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2014, 08:14 PM #91 of 165
The Level 99 Map isn't any of the special ones, it's just a short quest with Feral Chaos at the end.

I managed to beat him today, though it's easier due to item stacking and a longer song. Still don't have a buff enough team to beat him normally in his Music Stage, but I'll work on that once I've finished leveling everyone once and then pick a team to reset level a bunch.

I got the trophy for maxing 16 characters to 99 today, so I'm making decent progress on that front.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:22 PM #92 of 165
Yeah, still only at around 15-20 hours played and missing a ton of characters. Haven't decided what my final party will be yet; since it's (relatively) easier to pump up stats on characters I feel more inclined to go with a party that I want to actually use instead of characters I'm forced to use (like Zidane for FMS etc). Thinking I'll probably go Balthier/Terra/THUNDERGOD with Ramza or Agrias as the last slot. Cid isn't out yet, but I really hate that they went with the Chapter 1 look for Ramza :/

The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2014, 11:49 PM #93 of 165
Terra made it into a final party slot for me after seeing how powerful Trance + Ultima is. On lower level maps it can kill the boss and every other enemy in between until the boss reappears. Those two skills use up all her CP without resetting, so a few more resets should make her an unstoppable boss killer.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2014, 06:01 PM #94 of 165
Yeah, I've reset her a few times and I have her right now with Trance + Dualcast + Ultimate + Fira. I'm not positive but I don't think Ultima works with Dualcast sadly, but not 100% sure. Saw someone mention that if different people cast Ultima the damage spills over twice as much (one Ultima doesn't "override" the other), so apparently you can roll with Vivi + Terra for two Ultimas and get multiple wave/boss wipes with one cast, which is hilarious.

Been putting a little bit more time into the game this week since I haven't been sleeping much, I love it so much, easy GotY right here. I did clear the level 75 Nostalgic Chocobo map so I can share that and the Bracing level 50 XP map with folks. Some people on GAF have gotten some of the other Nostalgic maps as well, I'll try to snag all the good ones that I can for sharing since I should be around on Saturday if folks are still doing this before Mario Kart.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2014, 06:08 PM Local time: Oct 2, 2014, 11:08 PM #95 of 165
I have a level 25, 75 and 99 versions of the fierce nostalgic map (all battle maps). Might have a level 50 copy too, but I don't recall. Haven't cleared any of them yet, but if there's significant interest to get access to one of them I can do so (probably the level 25 to start).

FELIPE NO
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2014, 06:15 PM #96 of 165
In general the Nostalgic maps are just very popular online since they have novelty value, but also they tend to be pretty good for a number of reasons. The Bracing (XP) and Pastoral (Chocobo) ones are the most popular. I wouldn't mind getting the 25 and 75 versions of that from you sometime (I have the 99 one, it's a popular one attached to profilecards online), but no rush at all. The only ones I would go way out of my way to get ASAP would be a 75 or 99 version of Bracing, but I don't think I've seen that floating around yet.

Also the Chocobo one was pretty good for getting crystal shards, since every FMS has a Fat Chocobo. Probably not worth it for that alone or anything, but it was a nice bonus.

The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2014, 07:14 PM #97 of 165
So Dualcast doesn't work on Ultima? Good to know. Maybe Faith is the better choice then. Ramza just learned Ultima too, so I did notice the boost from his adding to the damage.

Do you know if levels of Berserk chain together? It's really unclear how it works since Berserk cancels all of the user's abilities after it activates.

Most amazing jew boots
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2014, 07:19 PM #98 of 165
No one I've really messed around with even has Berserk so no clue. In general I'm not real sure how some skills combine and if they're additive or not.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2014, 08:00 PM #99 of 165
Kain has all the Strength Ups, Sacrifices, Berserks, and a pretty good boss killer. It's hard to tell if Berserk stacks or cancels passive abilities that already activated though.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2014, 09:50 AM Local time: Oct 3, 2014, 02:50 PM 1 #100 of 165
So despite Smash having arrived, I played through and cleared the Lv25 fierce nostalgia map and have attached it to my ProfiCard. That way if we get chance you can nab it off me through an exchange.

Tags
Dorkus!, Get Good DLC, Get Good Season Pass, KUPO, Shantotto Was Here, Shilly Shally, Spinning Arrows

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Onionknight Final Fantasy: Smugasfuck Call - You bought DLC, Kupo