Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Onionknight Final Fantasy: Smugasfuck Call - You bought DLC, Kupo

wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2014, 01:21 PM #26 of 165
Holy god. Holy god @ me not needing to buy all that DLC. I've been holding off because srsly.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2014, 10:54 AM #27 of 165
According to someone at Gamefaqs, you can now reset when you hit level 99 on a character, but you keep all of the stats from the previous levels as well as cards. Goddamn.

How ya doing, buddy?
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2014, 12:07 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2014, 10:07 AM #28 of 165
Ahaha, holy crap, I didn't know they even added a male Clavat to the roster. I'm so glad I didn't put any money down on the iOS version.

Most amazing jew boots
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2014, 08:16 AM #29 of 165
E3 Trailer and release date (September 16th):

YouTube Video

I still want this game more than anything coming out this year period except maaaaaaybe for Destiny, it's ridiculous. I was practically tearing up just watching that trailer, I needs it. Still salty as hell I'm not going to be able to get the Collector's Edition since it's only available through their online store which is still Digital River who sucks shit and charges you up front for pre-orders, and I wouldn't have the money until next month

Edit: They're still doing weekly updates in Japan for the foreseeable future, as of this week this is all the DLC released so far:

Quote:
FFII: Battle Scene A- BMS
FFV: Battle 2 - BMS
FFV: Library of Ancients - FMS
FFVI - Protect The Espers! - BMS
FFVIII: Shuffle or Boogie - BMS
FFVIII: Premonition- BMS
FFIX: Rose of May - FMS
FFIX: Vivi's Theme- FMS
FFX: Blitz Off - BMS
FFX: Thunder Plains- FMS
FFX-2: Eternity ~Memories of Lightwaves~ - FMS
FFXI: Tough Battle #2 - BMS
FFXIII-2: Crazy Chocobo - FMS
FFXIV: Good King Moggle Moggle Mog XII- BMS
FFT: Ovelia's Theme- FMS
Dissidia - Battle 1 -arrange- from FFIX - BMS
D012FF: Canto Mortis ~An Undocumented Battle~- FMS
Crystal Chronicles - Promised Grace - FMS
Advent Children - Aerith's Theme (Piano Version) - FMS
FFChocobo's Dungeon- Pop-up Duel- BMS

Characters
Yuffie
Rosa
AC Cloud
Cidolfus Orlandeau
MOTHER FUCKING THUNDER GOD ORLANDEAU

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by SailorDaravon; Jun 5, 2014 at 08:27 AM.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:07 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2014, 11:07 AM #30 of 165
I kind of want that CE

But I'm not sure if I DIGITAL RIVER want that CE.

God damn it SE.

Most amazing jew boots
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2014, 04:13 PM #31 of 165
I just really want the pouch/carrying case, don't really care about any of the other extras. This more or less ends with me getting the regular pre-order free limited edition upgrade version at Gamestop or wherever, then me having to ebay the pouch later for probably way too much money.

On a directly related Digital River note, Namco Bandai just dropped them and they now just use Amazon. They've occasionally had some pretty good deals on their store in the past, now they might actually be worth taking advantage of.

How ya doing, buddy?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2014, 05:50 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2014, 04:50 PM #32 of 165
Holy shit, they did?

Welp, that makes things better for me. DR is retail hitler so that's nice.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2014, 07:07 PM #33 of 165
Nice to hear that companies are finally ditching Digital River. I was pretty underwhelmed by the CE, so I'm thinking of just getting the download version. The original Theatrhythm still has a permanent place in my carrying case after I've played it to death, so this seems like a perfect candidate for a game to just stick on the system.

Also, so happy to see Good King Moggle Mog XII on the DLC list. Second best song in the game after the Halloween music that's drilled into my brain.

How ya doing, buddy?
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2014, 09:53 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2014, 07:53 PM #34 of 165
I hate Digital River as much as the next guy, though it's questionable if I should. The only two times I've used them I've either had zero issues and launch day delivery (Drakengard 3 CE), or I've gotten the damn game for free (Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition). Still, payment at the time of order is bullshit.

I'll probably just buy the regular edition at Amazon or something. I doubt the pouch could fit a 3DS XL.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2014, 12:08 PM #35 of 165
Per the item description it fits all 3DS sizes, so it should. I seriously want it

This WOULD be a good game to go digital on, I just don't know if I can bring myself to do so though. Even ignoring Nintendo's ridiculous online account bullshit, I really like having a copy of a game on a shelf. Also if I actually have my 3DS with me anywhere it's in a case that can hold games, so practically it's not a huge deal.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2014, 03:40 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2014, 01:40 PM #36 of 165
Oh, does it? Hm. Eh, still probably not worth it.

I usually feel the same way as you about having physical copies, but there's also something oddly quaint about always having your digital games sitting on the home screen alongside whatever game is sitting in the cartridge slot.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2014, 02:10 PM #37 of 165
Wow, I wasn't expecting them to do remixed tracks from Dissidia for this series. I would've thought they still had plenty to work with.

Most amazing jew boots
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2014, 03:27 PM Local time: Jun 8, 2014, 02:27 PM #38 of 165
I usually feel the same way as you about having physical copies, but there's also something oddly quaint about always having your digital games sitting on the home screen alongside whatever game is sitting in the cartridge slot.
::not using folders::

WE ARE NO LONGER FRIENDS

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2014, 03:43 PM #39 of 165
What are you talking about? Not everything has to go in a folder, Skills.

DON'T PUT FRIENDSHIPS INTO FOLDERS.

FELIPE NO
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2014, 04:14 PM #40 of 165
There's something awfully quaint to having a series of physical copies of games on a shelf, too.

Probably quainter. Yeah, I want to have both of these next to each other.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2014, 05:17 PM Local time: Jun 8, 2014, 03:17 PM #41 of 165
::adding friction between you and access to your games::

I'm a little surprised. I thought Skills of all people would be a proponent of lubricating-- especially on those lonely, lonely game nights.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2014, 10:44 AM #42 of 165
Except the stylus, it keeps slipping and sliding and going places you don't want it to go with the tapping and the spinning arrows and the verbing

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2014, 04:32 PM #43 of 165
It's out today in the US!

Spoiler:

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2014, 04:37 PM 1 #44 of 165
Shit is fucking BALLER SON.

Quick impressions:

-The new UI looks a lot sharper, neater, more organized.
-You no longer have to sit through every individual level up and message after battles. Helps decrease time spent hitting next.
-You can play all three versions (Basic/Expert/Ultimate) of a score from the get-go. No more playing the same song over and over!
-Everything unlocks in Music mode after playing 4 songs. Neat!
-Songs no longer fade out before the end. Seems like we're actually getting full versions of stuff unless it's a 6+ minute long deal. Most noticeable with OWA and Saber's Edge which kind of petered off before getting to the final segments in the first game.
-It seems much, much easier to unlock characters this time around. No more hoping and praying you get the right crystals.
-Being able to play with the stylus, buttons, or a combination of both is a huge improvement.
-Onion Knight's pre-battle portrait is occasionally SMUG AS FUCK MORE LIKE SMUGION KNIGHT

So far everything points to this game owning fucking bones, seriously. I love this shit.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

#654: Braixen

Last edited by Tails; Sep 16, 2014 at 04:40 PM.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2014, 05:20 PM #45 of 165
Yeah and apparently they removed the stupid requirement of having nothing equipped to get the point bonus required to get max score, so now you can run with whatever you want for scoring purposes.

I'm so salty I don't have this right now, fuck Destiny. Booted up the demo for the first time this morning and almost wanted to cry it's so good. EDGAR HAS HIS FUCKING CHAINSAW

How ya doing, buddy?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2014, 06:09 PM #46 of 165
I'm so salty I don't have this right now, fuck Destiny. Booted up the demo for the first time this morning and almost wanted to cry it's so good. EDGAR HAS HIS FUCKING CHAINSAW
Who has one now. <3

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2014, 09:10 PM 1 #47 of 165
Wait, this isn't DIVORCE GAME.

FELIPE NO
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2014, 01:11 AM #48 of 165
Two other really nice features:
- When you play a song in Quest mode your score and crit chart are saved in the music list too. No more of that nonsense where it only counted in Challenge mode.
- Crystal shards always seem to come in groups large enough to unlock at least one person.

I played a ton of this at work tonight. I haven't seen Smugion Knight, but Celes has a pretty hilarious starry eyed expression. There are so many huge improvements, and the only issue I have is that the hold notes still feel off to me.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2014, 12:24 PM Local time: Sep 17, 2014, 10:24 AM #49 of 165
I'm having fun, but I can't time shit to save my life. It's a different experience than Theatrhythm iOS that's taken some getting used to. Dunno if I'll ever get any good at Expert, and lol Ultimate.

Y'shtola is my smug-as-fuck party member.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Final Fantasy Phoneteen; Sep 17, 2014 at 12:26 PM.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2014, 05:29 PM #50 of 165
Wait, this isn't DIVORCE GAME.
It's an elaborate setup for divorce game.

Real talk though, my wife is the best. We went to Walmart, and they even had Limited Edition copies (not the CE, but the ones that came with pre-order CD) so that was baller.

Game is fucking amazing. First track hits and it's FFT, and the first track I played was Mystic Quest. Then I did some quest mode and there was a big ass chocobo and it said "special" and I got a chest. It's like the game is directly massaging the pleasure centers of my brain. I will say my only real complaints are:

-The volume is kinda low. You want to play the game with headphones anyway and it's fine there, but it's really low without headphones compared to the first game, and I've seen a lot of people mention that. Not sure if it was a compression/space issue or what.
-I think I prefer the button controls EXCEPT for FMS where you have to hit a direction on a hold note since you have to essentially let go of the pad and then flick it in the direction at the end. It's super annoying, and the only thing keeping me from switching over completely. Stylus controls are still perfectly fine and I can swap in-between the two, but button controls are way easier for when I'm laying in bed or something.

But yeah, the amount of stuff in this game is ABSURD. People are saying that to actually clear bosses on the highest difficulty you will actually have to do the level 99 reset multiple times; even Perfect Chaining entire songs won't get you enough damage to kill them at 99, so you'll need to reset your character levels to gain more permanent CP so you have more skills equipped to do damage. Apparently it takes 10 resets to hit the max of 99. I've seen posts from importers saying they've dropped 200+ hours in it and not maxed everything. Fucking madness. This is pretty much my GOAT right here.

How ya doing, buddy?

Tags
Dorkus!, Get Good DLC, Get Good Season Pass, KUPO, Shantotto Was Here, Shilly Shally, Spinning Arrows

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Onionknight Final Fantasy: Smugasfuck Call - You bought DLC, Kupo