Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

RPG Battle Systems/Battle Music

Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 03:28 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 04:58 AM #1 of 24
RPG Battle Systems/Battle Music

This is my first thread that I've ever created so I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a topic already done in this forum and I hope it does the rpg community proud.

I personally think one of the main features of an rpg that adds a lot of gameplay and fun factor to them is the battle system and the battle music that each rpg entails in its own individual way. I find myself enjoying an rpg a lot more if the battle system is done in a new or innovative way and has really great music to correspond to it no matter what kind of story an rpg tries to tell.

Don't get me wrong, I think an rpg's storyline is the first and fundamental factor of what defines a good rpg. If an rpg doesn't tell a great story than it greatly influences the playing experience for the player

A great battle system with its own style of music can really set the tone and mood for an rpg. In a sense its almost an added bonus especially if the rpg has a very intriguing storyline.

Basically I would like to ask from the rpg community is to contribute what are your top 3 favourite rpg battle systems and and your top 3 battle music themes out of all the countless rpg's you have played. Please feel free to explain your answers as well.

Top 3 RPG Battle Systems

1.) Legend Of Dragoon: I'll probably be flamed for this since a lot of friends who are into rpg's absolutely hate this game for some apparent reason. For me on the other hand it is an average rpg at best but it still has my favourite battle system of all time. To be honest, there is nothing wrong with the whole standardized concept of selecting a command and then waiting for your character to execute that command. I like this battle system because it keeps you on your toes instead of waiting for your character to simply the execute the command you have given him/her and to be honest I haven't seen any other rpg use this type of battle system and even if there will never be another legend of dragoon game I hope another game gives this battle system another chance. This rpg really tests eye co-ordination especially when doing some of the difficult move sets from characters such as meru and alfred.

2.) Valkryie Profile: I'll be completely honest, I haven't played very much of this game as of yet but when I seen the first battle for this game it actually captivated me. The focus of teamwork within this game and the ability to do some of the most devastating attacks I have ever personally seen for any ps1 rpg and thats only within the first 30 minutes of playing it. I can't wait to find more time to play this game to its fullest when I actually have some free time.

3.) Parasite Eve: This still remains to me one of my favourite battle systems despite its simplicity. Personally for me it was just a battle system that was done just right while showing active based elements. The whole idea of actually dodging active enemy attacks while the action stops when your ready to select your command gave you time to think out your actions in some relatively hard battle atmospheres.

Top 3 RPG's that have great battle music themes

1.) Xenogears: I personally think the music in this game is beyond wonderful. When I personally listen to the battle theme it can make you right tense especially when fighting a really tough boss fight. To this day, the boss battle music when your fighting deus still remains one of my all time favourite battle music themes. I personal think xenogears brings out the best of yasunori's mitsuda's compositions even though he does so much very memorable for some of the greatest rpg's that have ever been placed upon this earth.

2.) Xenosaga - Episode 1: I can just sum up the various battle music throughout this entire game in just six words. Yasunori Mitsuda Is A Musical God. The normal battle theme throughout this game is just something I can listen to continously. I think it matches the gameplay perfectly especially when your doing some of the characters special moves.

3.) Thousand Arms: This one might actually come as a shock but I actually really enjoyed a lot of the battle music throughout this game even though there wasn't much variety. I especially liked the boss battle music, especially when it came to fighting the later bosses throughout the game because it just screamed out send your strongest special attacks at the enemy. Even the normal battle music in itself was a little catchy as well.

I want to thank your time and patience for reading this, and look forward to your opinions and input for this topic.

How ya doing, buddy?
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 08:17 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 02:17 PM #2 of 24
The best battle system to my mind in that in Shin Megami Tensei:Lucifer's Call (Nocturne for you foreign types). Although at first glance it's pretty similar to many other rpgs, the difference is that in SMT you actually have to put a bit of thought into winning random battles. In the Final Fantasys of this world, battles more often than not require you to just repeatedly tap "Attack" over and over. If you find some monsters too tough to beat, you fight some shitty weak ones for half an hour until your stats are up to beating the tougher ones. In SMT however, you have to plan your party around the enemies you're facing. Simply improving your stats is rarely enough to swing a victory, it's the setup of skills that matters.

Basically, I find levelling up games insanely dull. Give me an rpg with a battle system that rewards thought over a high boredom threshold any day of the week.

As for music, I don't pay too much attention to it. Anything fairly quiet will do.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Taisai
Amorph

Member 8563

Level 16.22

Jun 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 11:52 AM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 02:22 AM #3 of 24
I want the term of 'RPG' to be defined here because I'm no longer interested in the separate or non-action battle system. I personally think Tales or Star Ocean are the RPGs which features the action battle system, while Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Okami and Mana are the action games which features the growth system or big story like RPG (Of course, many would have an objection to this classification).

Anyway, my best RPG battle system is FFXI. I know people have said this as just the lesser of Ever Quest and I also have been aware of too many problems in this game. However, I still believe this battle system was revolutionary for the consumer consoles.

Though I personally won't buy any RPGs which don't feature the action or seamless battle system, if I have to select my best 'separate' and 'non-action' systems, it's Grandia1.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Prinnydood
Good Chocobo

Member 208

Level 15.65

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 12:10 PM #4 of 24
Hmm this is kinda hard...but I'll just put 3 that I can think of right now.

1) Legend of Mana - while a little dated now I had so much fun with the different techinques, skills, and weapon attacks you could learn. Plus, making your own battle robot sidekick or fighting alongside a choco pet(even though they're both retarded) is great stuff.

2) Kingdom Hearts 2- while maybe not as tight or balanced as it could be I still had a lot of fun regardless.

3) Valkyrie Profile- one of the most unique fighting systems I had ever played and one that has yet to be replicated (except I guess for the sequel ^^)

Music:

1) Baten Kaitos- the battle themes in Baten Kaitos were just awesome. There was plenty of variating themes among battles so I never really got tired of any of them.

2) Final Fantasy - just putting a general thing here since FF 7, 8, 9, and 10 all have amazing music.

3)Star Ocean 2

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Borg1982
One to be born...

Member 31

Level 20.43

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 12:44 PM #5 of 24
1. Final Fantasy IV - ATB, fast paced, good mix of characters who are a specific class.

2. Shining Force series - Tactical RPG like FF:Tactics. Better version because the gameplay is much more smooth. There are less menu's to bullshit with when you are in battle. Further, a full battle screen comes up when you decide to attack an enemy. Usually excellent graphics for the system.

3. Dragon Warrior series - Classic.. Fight, Magic, Item, Run. Boomerang type weapons attack all. Swords attack one. Whips attack all of a single group.

MUSIC:

1. FFIV - Boss Music. Fast moving / adrenilline rushing.

2. Shining Force 3 - Boss Music. Scary. You know a harsh attack is coming when you hear it.

3. Dragon Quest 8 - Boss Music. Scares the hell out of me.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 02:22 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 08:22 PM #6 of 24
panzer dragoon saga has the greatest battle system. It's semi-turn based, in that while your different forms of attacks require a time gauge to be filled, at any time you can position yourself to the front, back or sides of the enemy, each position being of a different level of danger depending on how the enemy attacks. Further depth is added with weak spots and resistances being associated with certain body parts of each enemy, so careful positioning and continued movement is needed to mimimise the damage you take while at the same time maximising your own. It's incredibly enjoyable, and probably the only example of a random encounter rpg where I'm actually hoping to go into battle, since your
best performance against each enemy is recorded, so for that "complete" feel perfectionists will take every opportunity to take down each enemy in as efficient a manner as possible.

Oh, and the same game also has my favourite music. People familiar with the Panzer Dragoon Saga soundtrack will be aware of how different it is, with it's own unique sounding intrumentation being one of the main contributing factors in creating the incredibly well fleshed out feel of the Panzer world. Battle music is made up of strange sounding synths and tribal beats that really have you pumped.

Here's youtube being great again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puHcf...elated&search=

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 08:56 PM #7 of 24
Originally Posted by WolfDemon
System:

Grandia 2
Star Ocean 2
Final Fantasy X

Music:

Star Ocean 2
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (All the battle themes are made of win.)
Chrono Trigger (Mini Boss theme ftw)
You actually prefer Grandia 2 battle system over 3? I thought 3 was a good improvment of the others mixed into 1 great package.

FELIPE NO
Megavolt
Seer

Member 1731

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 08:57 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 07:57 PM #8 of 24
Battle systems:

1. Grandia - Traditional with a real-time feel
2. Valkyrie Profile - Combos are fun
3. Fallout - Love the tactical approach

Battle music:

1. Vagrant Story - Golem, Wyvern, Iron Crab, Minotauros, etc...
2. Valkyrie Profile - Lots of high energy stuff courtesy of Sakuraba
3. Final Fantasy VI - Epic themes capped off by the immortal Dancing Mad

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
~MV
Asura
Carob Nut

Member 10741

Level 6.05

Aug 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 09:29 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 03:29 AM #9 of 24
Top 3 RPG Battle Systems:

1. Chrono Trigger ; I REALLY liked the tech system with triple techs and double tech.

2. Tales of- series ; This fast paced semi-action system absolutely rocks

3. Suikoden (1 or 2) ; Also nice to see characters doing combined moves, also when you select different enemies to attack, several characters attack at the same time which can fasten up battles alot.

Top 3 RPG's that have great battle music themes

1. Final fantasy VII ; JENOVA's music, still my favorite :doh:

2. Arc The Lad 1 & 2

3. Breath Of Fire I

Jam it back in, in the dark.
zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:44 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 08:44 PM #10 of 24
Tough one. I'll just go with the ones I've played recently that stuck out in my mind.

Gameplay/Combat System:

1. Stella Deus - I loved their Action Point system where every action, whether it be movement, attacking, or using special abilities would take away from your AP and that would determine your character's place in the initiative order. Really adds in the element of strategy and places a great deal of importance on positioning your units, both on the battlefield and in the initiative order.

2. Legend of Mana - It's been mentioned before, but playing with the combat maneuvers and combining actions and slashes together was great fun. Too bad the AI was so crappy though, otherwise the battle system was pretty solid. Other miscellaneous stuff like crafting and raising pets also added greatly to the game's strengths.

3. Ogre Battle 64 - Not so much an RPG as a military simulation. Everything pretty much depends on how you form your armies and your plan of attack so that you can still defend your capital while taking on enemy cities. I also liked working on specializing my armies (one army with flyers, another with a lot of mages for combo attacks, etc), and of course, the Cockatrice army killer.

Honorable mentions: FFT, Fire Emblem (in general), Wild Arms 4, and Vagrant Story.

Battle Themes:

Final Fantasy Tactics - Some of the most dramatic pieces that I've ever listened to while playing. Few tracks compare to the awesomeness that is Apoplexy and Antipyretic. The battle music in this game is Sakimoto and Iwata at their best.

Final Fantasy VIII - Man with the Machine Gun, Maybe I'm a Lion, The Extreme, and Premonition edges out all the other numbered FF games in terms of the pieces played during battles. This album is Uematsu during his Silver Age (his Golden Age would probably be during FFVI).

Legend of Mana - Darkness Nova. I think this speaks enough for itself. I really loved Shimomura's work here, but she executed the boss battle theme flawlessly.

Honorable mentions: Unlimited Saga and Ogre Battle.

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:14 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 10:14 AM #11 of 24
Originally Posted by Freddy Krueger
You actually prefer Grandia 2 battle system over 3? I thought 3 was a good improvment of the others mixed into 1 great package.
I haven't gotten a chance to play 3 yet, so I can't comment on it's system.

Megavolt
Seer

Member 1731

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:48 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 12:48 PM #12 of 24
Looking at zzeroparticle's lists, I should mention that I didn't count SRPGs. I didn't think they were being considered for this topic. (plus they would make coming up with a top three list even more difficult) On the same note, I might've considered Legend of Mana (it IS one of my all-time favorite games), but the action RPG aspect made me discount it as well.

FFTactics would be a battle system contender. It'd be a contender for the battle music spots as well, though it definitely wouldn't beat Vagrant Story for me, as Vagrant Story's battle themes are entirely too fitting. I can imagine the progression of an actual battle with a dragon being something like the way the music in Wyvern develops. From intimidating challenge to heroic conflict to sheer terror.

Originally Posted by zzeroparticle
Legend of Mana - Darkness Nova. I think this speaks enough for itself. I really loved Shimomura's work here, but she executed the boss battle theme flawlessly.
Just wanted to say that Darkness Nova (which is indeed very cool) is the boss theme for Jewel Beasts and other battles that relate to the Jumi branch. Pain The Universe is more the normal boss battle theme.

~MV
Prinnydood
Good Chocobo

Member 208

Level 15.65

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 04:33 PM #13 of 24
Oo oo wait I changed my mind...or alteast I'm adding a new one to my list up there. I saw it mentioned so I had to second it, Final Fantasy Tactics! One of my all time favorite games and one of my all time favorite soundtracks from the same package....greatness

Most amazing jew boots
MrSatan
I'm the best, and the best thing is you know it!

Member 270

Level 15.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 03:39 PM #14 of 24
I must say that the battle system in Star Ocan Till The end of time is pretty cool.
Talking about music my fav would the battle theme for ffix and those who fight further from ffvii and the extreme from ffviii

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 05:05 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 10:05 PM #15 of 24
Battle systems:

3 - Chrono Cross
Really, really good moves on Square's part. Elegant, nice spell system, three varied strengths of attack - Very nice.

2 - Xenogears
Even better. Come on, it's CC's battle system with giant robots!

1 - Tales of Symphonia
Linear motion battle system, fuck yes. It's not hugely tactical; it's just amazingly fun.

And as for music...

3 - Tales of Symphonia (Fighting Spirit boss theme)
2 - Xenogears boss theme
1 - Super Mario RPG (VS Culex theme). It's a fucking amazing remix of the FFIV battle music!

FELIPE NO
Rikimaru
Resident Ninja Always Kicking Arse!

Member 648

Level 10.84

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 11:09 AM Local time: Sep 10, 2006, 11:09 AM #16 of 24
Top 3 RPG Battle System:
1) Star Ocean series = Real-Time battle mode. The best battle system I have ever played. It's fun, chaotic, and it has cool battle skill animations.

2) Valkyrie Profile = an original battle system. Button smashing can be fun.

3) Suikoden II = the best battle system for suikoden series. It's fast, and it's fun. I never liked the battle system for III and IV. I think III was the worse since you never have control all your characters in the battle. IV was ok, but it only have 4 characters in the battle. I haven't played V yet so I won't be judging that.

And for the Music:
1) Final Fantasy VII - One-Winged Angel = badass music especially the remake in Advent Children.
2) Valkyrie Profile - Fighting the Shadowy Gods = cool music.
3) Star Ocean:Till the End of Time - The Divine Spirit of Language = This music pumped me up when I was battling Crossel (a huge dragon). Very good music.

Ninjitsu is an art of being unseen. I, therefore, cannot be seen. Those who see me shall not be seen again.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

JOIN NOW!
Talaysen
I'm busy at work!

Member 1252

Level 9.84

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 02:37 PM Local time: Sep 10, 2006, 02:37 PM #17 of 24
Battle systems:

1) Wild ARMs 4 - Hexes, tick-based, and a balanced cast with distinct roles. Definitely my favorite battle system by far.

2) Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne/Digital Devil Sagas - Press turns rock. It makes exploiting weaknessess and having immunities much more worthwhile. Also requires a lot of strategy on harder difficulties.

3t) Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny - Breaks are fun. Also, characters in reserves jumping in to take over for people who died was kind of cool. It kind of makes sense, too. The one thing it lacked was challenge, but that's another story.

3t) Grandia series (most notably III) - Just an all around well done and unique system.

Battle music:

1) Digital Devil Saga series - Cool guitars and stuff. Bit different than the normal stuff.

2) Grandia III - For some reason I liked the battle musics in this game, though many disagree.

3) Wild ARMs series - Naruke rocks and such.

Honorable mention to Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
djiscool619
Cress Albane

Member 13512

Level 8.73

Oct 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 10:54 PM #18 of 24
My favourite battle systems would be:

1. Star Ocean Till The End Of Time - I like the idea of moving around in battle and having lots of combos and special moves

2. Kingdom Hearts - This would be my number 2 cause with every battle the screen doesnt fade out and in and you can jump around and not have to go through many menys with items and magic(Talking about quick select)

3. Final Fantasy IV,V,VI - With the ATB gauges this is my number 3

Favourite Battle Music:

1. Star Ocean Till The End Of Time: Cutting Edge Of Notion - Fits the mood and makes me battle at my best

2. Tales Of Eternia: Ability Test - Just a different version of TOP's Take Up The Cross i like this version better

2. Tales Of Phantasia: Decisive(SNES,PSX,GBA) - All the versions ive heard of this battle theme rock not the Tales Of Eternia one Though(Time Battle)

Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 11:28 PM #19 of 24
Battle systems:

1. Valkyrie Profile-Innovative and still has yet to be matched. I'm playing VP2 and it's early, but I like the improvements/additions. So nice seeing it back in action.

2. Chrono Trigger-Real time (almost), position-based, team-dependent, balanced. I love this set-up and would love to see it improved upon.

3. Suikoden V-So many options, yet so few chances to make use of it. An add on with nothing but more fights and more of a challenge would be worth much money. I had more fun prepping for battle than I did playing the battles. 6 man parties are the only way to go for turn based action.

Music:

1. Valkyrie Profile (again)-Not just the battle music, but the voices. Such a powerful experience that managed to be sustained over the whole course of the game. VP was such an amazing game.

2. Final Fantasy 7-I have always said the best part of the FF soundtracks is their battle music. FF6 was good, but every battle theme from FF7 really added to the battles more. Say what you want about OWA...Seeing the final encounter for the first time, combined with the music was pretty unforgettable (though I always preferred the second-to-last encounter).

3. Ys VI- "Mighty Obstacle" and the final encounter themes from Ys VI are one of the large reasons the boss rush mode is such a cool bonus.

I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
Megavolt
Seer

Member 1731

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 05:32 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 04:32 PM #20 of 24
Originally Posted by GoldfishX
FF6 was good, but every battle theme from FF7 really added to the battles more.
I used to think so too, but over the years FF7's soundtrack including the battle themes has generally gotten weaker for me (only a little weaker, as it's still among my top five FF soundtracks, but I'd pick FF4's soundtrack over it now whereas I wouldn't have before) while FF6's has not. Still, in context and only with regard to the battle themes as a whole, I might still agree, as I haven't played FF7 in a while. The whole Jenova Absolute + Bizzaro Sephy + Safer Sephy was one heck of a musical combo made stronger perhaps by the way the fights themselves were presented. However, in album form, FF6's battle themes seem to be stronger, and they're nearly just as strong in context as well. The battles with Atma Weapon and the Goddess Statues remain some of the most memorable in the series for me largely due to The Fierce Battle. And the greatness of The Decisive Battle certainly can't be denied. Not forgetting Dancing Mad, which as I stated before, simply rocks my socks.

~MV
fiercedeity
LOL FAG!

Member 8055

Level 11.82

Jun 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 06:37 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 11:37 PM #21 of 24
1) Final Fantasy XI - The most revolutionary turn based battle system I have ever come across. I think it was absolutely perfect. It was great for the multiplayer system and worked very well, making every aspect of the battles strategic and involving.

2) Parasite Eve - Very cool but I didnt like the gun aiming thing, annoyed me in the later levels.

3) Kingdom Hearts II (and 1 I suppose too lol) - I like the free roaming aspect and the fact that it didnt have to spin into a battle mode, every field was a battle waiting to happen, but I thought the item/magic/limit/drive system was awful. Confusing and hard to select stuff.

4) Final Fantasy VII > X - Turn based at its most pure form and very easy to grasp. Big problem was that if you selected the wrong thing you had to sit back and watch as your Megalixir is used during a battle against level 2 enemies when your level 91, and you couldnt do anything to stop it.

5) Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask - Technically not RPG's but still fun battle systems

Shadow Hearts had a nice battle system, stopped you from just tapping X for an hour solid, cause it had that reaction system on the wheel. Not a favorite just one that stands out though.

As far as battle music goes, FFXI had some great battle themes, for example the first time I entered Dynamis-Xarcabard I felt pumped by the great music, and I liked the fact that you got different music for different areas that you fight in. FFVII was the most awesome battle music though, the basic battle theme and the ending battle themes were great. I also liked the Kingdom Hearts ones where it takes the current music and just pushes it to a little bit more upbeat.

A special mention goes to Final Fantasy VIII though, the Junction system was the best thing in any RPG I have ever seen, and the Ultimecia through to final Ultimecia battle sequence was awesome! That music still gets me now. The Extreme, Maybe im a Lion, both incredible.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by fiercedeity; Oct 11, 2006 at 11:53 AM.
Marina
Bear-ri-con

Member 13607

Level 8.62

Oct 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 06:57 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 06:57 PM #22 of 24
Battle system
- Star Ocean Till The End Of Time : It can keep you excite for long time
- Xenogears : Really creative in it's time
- Grandia 3 : I really enjoy making aerial combo and stunning the enemy

Battle theme
- FF VIII : "Don't be afraid" is my all time fav battle theme and the extreme is great too.
- Crono cross : Many up beat theme that really get the feel of the battle.
- FF X : "The other world" might bad as the opening but it's really work great in battle theme and when boss appear it's really an epic battle.

Vexxon
Domine Kira

Member 13809

Level 4.85

Oct 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 12:05 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 11:05 PM #23 of 24
Battle Systems:

1. Final Fantasy XI: An MMO counts, right? This is a really well thought out battle system, pretty entertaining when you get a good party going. I only wish it was as fun before 50 hours or so.

2. Xenogears: The battle system itself isn't so impressive - it's the way the enemies are designed and the way that the battles flow that makes xenogears' battle system so good.

3. Star Ocean 3: Remains interesting for a long time - each character has unique skills that are all fun to use

Battle Themes:

1. Final Fantasy Tactics
2. Digital Devil Saga
3. Chrono Cross

FELIPE NO
EX-DRAGON
でけぇ~!

Member 13952

Level 1.34

Oct 2006

Old Oct 14, 2006, 04:31 PM #24 of 24
BS:
1)Tales (Except Legendia's):Not everyday you have the chance to play with other 3 fellas and move you character as you like (and over 100k hit combos require some team effort)
2)Star Ocean:Reminds me of Tales BS so, I like it too
3)KHII:I loved fusions and don't have to see the "intro" screen before any fight

BM:
1)Fatalize (ToS)
2)Decisive Battle (FFVI)
3)The Depth Naphistim (Y's VI)

人間が偉そうなことを言うな!!!!!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > RPG Battle Systems/Battle Music