Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

June 5 is free donut day at Krispy Kreme

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:15 AM #1 of 7
June 5 is free donut day at Krispy Kreme

If you're looking to clog your arteries, Krispy Kreme is celebrating National Doughnut Day (is that even a real holiday?) tomorrow, June 5, by giving away a free donut to each customer at participating stores across the US. Too bad the one in DC is too far from my office to stop before work, since I usually treat myself to a Friday donut anyway.

Coincidentally, we finished up the radio show last night talking about Krispy Kreme. Poor Mo0 can't catch a break.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:19 AM #2 of 7
WTF is a Krispy Kereme? We don't have none of that shit up here.

In other news concerning freebies, it seems like Friendly's is having a free ice cream day on the 6th of June, go and get it!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:21 AM #3 of 7
Krispy Kreme is like Dunkin Donuts, and just about as widespread. Dunkin has more of foothold in the northeast, though.

I didn't realize the Friendly's thing was national; I've seen an ad scrolling across the local forecast on the Weather Channel, but I thought it was just Baltimore. Friendly's sucks, though, so I'd rather not.

How ya doing, buddy?
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:21 AM #4 of 7
I had no clue that Friendly's were anywhere outside of the northeast until I checked the wiki, I suppose anyone driving to the meet can stop there and fill up on some frozen dairy.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 08:21 PM #5 of 7
We had Krispy Kreme try and establish a foothold in the western New York area, but after a strong initial showing, they petered out to nothing. Every Krispy Kreme that sprang up is now an empty storefront.

nutty mentioned that Dunkin Donuts has a firm grip on the donut market in the Northeast, and that may be true in other regions, but around here it's all Tim Horton's.

I think Krispy Kreme failed because they didn't succeed in marketing anything but donuts. You can buy donuts at Tim Horton's, and even the few Dunkins around here. But besides donuts, you can get really good coffee, sandwiches, muffins and bagels at all Tim Horton's - something Krispy Kreme lacked. Krispy Kreme also had a reputation for being extremely fattening, while Tim Horton's offers low-calorie donuts made with less artery-clogging oils.

So while it would've been nice to grab a free glazed, it probably would've sat in my stomach like a lead weight had it come from Krispy Kreme. Whereas a box of Timbits doesn't weigh you down as much.

I am, however, up for some free ice cream at the Friendly's at the end of my street tomorrow. I have no concrete plans, so might as well.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 08:24 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2009, 07:24 PM #6 of 7

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 08:30 PM #7 of 7
Went to DDs today to get a ceres a coffee and I saw a sign for FREE DONUT so i had to take advantage of it (talk to her about the glazed donut, as I wasn't hungry),

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > June 5 is free donut day at Krispy Kreme