Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Mortal Kombat Armageddon, for all five MK fans

Lost_solitude
stop stealing my "me time"

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:09 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 05:09 PM #1 of 142
Mortal Kombat Armageddon, for all five MK fans

I am a big fan of the MK series (except for a small few you all know what I mean) and I am so siked over the new titles coming out soon.
Mortal Kombat: armageddon is said to come out for the PS2 and X-box. It is supposed to be the last chapter for the old MK tournament, so they can start fresh and new for the next generation consoles. Any way all characters are having a comback as playable characters except for Khameleon and Motaro.More info is on IGN or gamespot or what have you.

Also they are coming out with an MK title on the PSP it's supposed to have all the characters from MKDA and MKD. I know for most fans this is old news, but for those who don't know...well now ya do. I'm going to tell you right now I can't wait to get MKA myself. What are you guys's thoughts on this upcoming game.

How ya doing, buddy?
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:34 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 02:04 PM #2 of 142
MK stands for Mario Kart, not Mortal Kombat.

How ya doing, buddy?
galen
lost control then i got it back now my position has changed

Member 655

Level 25.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:36 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 08:36 PM #3 of 142
Is this even serious.

Who has even played a Mortal Kombat game since Mortal Kombat 3.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:44 PM #4 of 142
I have, and this still saddens me. I won't get to play as

Johnny Cage anymore after this game.

Most amazing jew boots
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:58 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 07:58 PM #5 of 142
Way to get my hopes up for a new Mario Kart.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:59 PM #6 of 142
Originally Posted by NovaX
MK stands for Mario Kart, not Mortal Kombat.
I've got to challenge this.

The MK acronym was used for years to stand for Mortal Kombat; I'd never heard it used for Mario Kart until internet.

I'm not really a fan of either series but come on dudicus.

Most amazing jew boots
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:56 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 03:26 PM #7 of 142
Originally Posted by Legato
I've got to challenge this.

The MK acronym was used for years to stand for Mortal Kombat; I'd never heard it used for Mario Kart until internet.

I'm not really a fan of either series but come on dudicus.
This is the internet, is it not? Also, Mortal Kombat hasn't been relevent in almost ten years. Mario Kart is more well known and I would think more relevant to this Multiplayer Area board.

FELIPE NO
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 02:11 AM #8 of 142
Man that's bullshit, how can they cut out Motaro.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 02:35 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 12:35 AM #9 of 142
I hope they give Smoke a more independent role instead of being Noob-Smoke

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 02:38 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 05:38 PM #10 of 142
Moved to General Pepper's Gas Chamber. And renamed slightly. Unless this comes with a bonus DVD filled with Cooking with Scorpion episodes, it'll fail. Like Tasmania!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Magic
Good Chocobo

Member 492

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 03:44 AM #11 of 142
I read an article somewhere (1up I think) that mentioned a character creator for this game. So does this mean I can have a ninja of every color in the rainbow?

evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 08:26 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 02:26 PM #12 of 142
Originally Posted by Magic
I read an article somewhere (1up I think) that mentioned a character creator for this game. So does this mean I can have a ninja of every color in the rainbow?
Perhaps, but wouldn't it be better to combine all the colors into one character? Unlike the Chameleon or Khameleon or whatever, the colors wouldn't flash around but you would have a ninja with a green mask, pink pants, orange top and light blue gloves, who would also leave smoke trails, have a skull for a head and could spit acid while summoning lightnings.

Oh and he would have an air throw, a teleport move, and a generic fireball attack. You can't have a Mortal Kombat Ninja without those.

How ya doing, buddy?
plutoknight
Syklis Green

Member 712

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 08:40 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 08:40 AM #13 of 142
I'm looking forward to Armageddon actually.

I love MKDA and Deception (though they could have been better), and the promise of seeing every single character I've grown to know and love in one game just...shocks me.

Plus they said they are brining MK: Chess and MK: Puzzle fighter to Armageddon, along with a couple other "distraction games". MK: Centipede, anyone?

Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 09:56 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 08:56 AM #14 of 142
Hey, Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks was a good game. Completely unrelated to the actual fighting games, but it was fun in and of itself.

Most amazing jew boots
Lost_solitude

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:40 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 07:40 AM #15 of 142
MK stands for both duh!!!
Mortal Kombat
Mario Kart

Anyway thats not the descusion it is supposed to be about What FANS anticipate toward the new titles. Thanks to those who kept the coments on subject. They understand what it is to be a die hard fan right?

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Magic
Yes there will be a character creation, now if you can make a full spectrum ninja I wouldn't know we'll just have to see. It will be like the wrestling games. You make your character and then make their fighting style by picking the attacks you want them to do. You can also pic what weapon you want them to use and so on. So not only do they have 60+ characters you now can make your own kombatant and even play it all online.

Also there is a complete new combo system that of shaolin munks, now everyone can do cool air combos. The Fatality system is also being redone and now you don't just push some buttons and say "look at them go". Now you get to controle what they do during a fatality. So if you want them to tear an arm of and smack you with it, you controle it. Thing is the more you do in the fatality the harder it gets to pull it off.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Lost_solitude; Mar 8, 2006 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
Zero
Lame

Member 573

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 01:00 PM #16 of 142
I'm a HUGE MK fan since MKII. I can't wait for Armegeddon to come out. It's going to be the ultimate MK experience. All the characters are playable, even Motaro, and they actually used the Shaolin Monks engine for the Konquest mode, so it's gonna be better than in Deception. The create a character seems interesting and the FMV intro look amazing. Can't wait to play as Rain, Reiko, Sheeva and Stryker again!

Currently Playing: Kingdom Heart II
Waiting for: Nothing this month

Last edited by Zero; Mar 8, 2006 at 01:04 PM.
Lost_solitude

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 01:08 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 08:08 AM #17 of 142
Originally Posted by Zero
I'm a HUGE MK fan since MKII. I can't wait for Armegeddon to come out. It's going to be the ultimate MK experience. All the characters are playable, even Motaro, and they actually used the Shaolin Monks engine for the Konquest mode, so it's gonna be better than in Deception. The create a character seems interesting and the FMV intro look amazing. Can't wait to play as Rain, Reiko, Sheeva and Stryker again!

Are you sure about Motaro? I have read articles in game informer and IGN and they both say although he makes an appearance he isn't playable. I agree I can't wait to try out the old characters. I want to see how Rain, stryker, Fugin, Sheeva, and sector play. That pic their is shady. What I mean is the characters in the finished project may look completely different then what they do their. I mean according to the MKD story Liu Kang isn't a zombie anymore he is alive and kicking.

Most amazing jew boots
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 01:21 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 11:21 AM #18 of 142
Originally Posted by Lost_solitude
Are you sure about Motaro? I have read articles in game informer and IGN and they both say although he makes an appearance he isn't playable. I agree I can't wait to try out the old characters. I want to see how Rain, stryker, Fugin, Sheeva, and sector play. That pic their is shady. What I mean is the characters in the finished project may look completely different then what they do their. I mean according to the MKD story Liu Kang isn't a zombie anymore he is alive and kicking.
If you've played Deception, Kang is unlockable and the following happens
Spoiler:

After he defeats Onaga, he has to face himself (in a story) and then Liu Kangs Spirit and his Zombie Body merge together and he becomes whole again

And they probably aren't going to put Motaro in because well, he was an overpowering bitch in MK3.

How ya doing, buddy?
Zero
Lame

Member 573

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 01:55 PM #19 of 142
Originally Posted by Lost_solitude
Are you sure about Motaro? I have read articles in game informer and IGN and they both say although he makes an appearance he isn't playable.
Well, I remember watching an interview on Gamespot or IGN where Ed Boon said that Motaro was included in the rooster. They also said that they were balancing all the boss characters.

Last edited by Zero; Mar 8, 2006 at 02:01 PM.
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 02:07 PM #20 of 142
Originally Posted by Slash
Spoiler:

After he defeats Onaga, he has to face himself (in a story) and then Liu Kangs Spirit and his Zombie Body merge together and he becomes whole again

And they probably aren't going to put Motaro in because well, he was an overpowering bitch in MK3.

Hasnt every boss in MK history though? I love MK but the bosses have always given me a run for my money (cough cough the end guy in Deadly Alliance...Onga wasn't too tough IMO). I can already feel frustration coming on if you have to fight Motaro, Shao Kahn, Onaga and the Deadly Alliance guy as bosses =(

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 03:02 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 01:02 PM #21 of 142
They better put the weapons in Armageddon and also the ability to impale with the swords and daggers.

Lost_solitude

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 03:14 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 10:14 AM #22 of 142
Weapons are making a come back but impaling I don't know...That would be great though LOL good times.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Slash
Spoiler:

yes that's what I was saying

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Lost_solitude; Mar 8, 2006 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
Zero
Lame

Member 573

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 05:43 PM #23 of 142
I heard that this time, some characters will have 2 weapons or no weapons but 2 style of combat. Since there's more characters, not all of them can have 2 style and one weapon. I don't really see Goro yielding a sword.

FELIPE NO
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 07:08 PM #24 of 142
Wait, where can I see the opening intro.

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 07:12 PM #25 of 142
Originally Posted by NovaX
This is the internet, is it not? Also, Mortal Kombat hasn't been relevent in almost ten years. Mario Kart is more well known and I would think more relevant to this Multiplayer Area board.
That's a matter of opinion dude. Mortal Kombat hasn't been irrelevant for ten years, there's been a pretty consistent line of decent games.

I think the problem is you've chosen to ignore them and instead sit on the cocks of Mario Kart rehash games.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Mortal Kombat Armageddon, for all five MK fans