Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Holy Crap!

DeLorean
1.21 GIGAWATTS?!

Member 133

Level 28.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2007, 07:28 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2007, 06:28 PM #1 of 7
Holy Crap!

This has got to be the craziest crash I've seen in my entire life. I usually dont jump at anything, but when I saw this I was like 'Whoa!!'. Does anyone know anything about the legitimacy of this crash... and perhaps the outcome of the poor rider?

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=d6...default&fg=rss

Jam it back in, in the dark.
JammerLea
Chocobo

Member 13045

Level 11.78

Sep 2006

Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:08 PM #2 of 7
I saw that on TV a while ago. The guy survived, mostly scratched up, which is amazing, since his helmet flew off.

I forget his name though, but he was trying to set a speed record.

That was his second try going down that incline.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Temari
I'm changing the world. And you're gonna help.

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:26 PM #3 of 7
I was gonna say that it looked like he 'landed' pretty well... in the first and second clips it looked like he was catching his body with front and back rolls... but the third showing in super-slow mo changed my mind on that. That was pretty intense. I've been told by a co-worker who motorcycles that guys like that are basically taught how to fall. Could be why he survived with little injuries.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
JammerLea
Chocobo

Member 13045

Level 11.78

Sep 2006

Old Mar 13, 2007, 02:39 AM #4 of 7
Geez, it took me forever to find the info. I'm usually better at searches... there's just so much, "This crazy guy demolishes himself hauling ass down this volcano." everywhere!

Quote:
Mountain Bike World Speed Record Video

Eric Barone, who broke the world speed record for mountain biking...

Eric Barone, who broke the world speed record for mountain biking in Nov 4, 2001, tried to break it again by riding down Cerro Negro volcano in Nicaragua.

Seconds into his descent, Barone's bicycle snapped in two, hurtling the cyclist down the volcano.

"It looked as if there was a rock or something in the path that made the bicycle break in two," said one of Barone's assistants.

In 2001, Barone flew down the black slopes of Cerro Negro Volcano in Nicaragua at 130.43 kilometers per hour, exceeding his own old world record of 118 kilometers per hour, achieved in Hawaii in 1999.
Source: http://www.broadbandsports.com/node/87

I guess he was going about 170 km/hr ('bout 105 mph) when the bike busted.

Ah! Here's a better video, and they show him after the crash. It's in Japanese. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...91478515007486

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2007, 05:34 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2007, 12:34 AM #5 of 7
lol the mountain beat the fuck out of his face. He is pretty lucky his injuries weren't worse.

I was speaking idiomatically.

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
Smelnick
Banned

Member 12225

Level 26.09

Sep 2006

Old Mar 13, 2007, 05:40 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2007, 05:40 PM #6 of 7
Wow. he actually survived. Watching that video, I wouldn't have thought so. In the slow mo part it looks as if his neck is snapping in half. Kudos to him for setting the speed record though.

How ya doing, buddy?
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2007, 05:47 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2007, 11:47 PM #7 of 7
It did look like quite a bad crash. All I have to say is that he is one lucky guy, those injuries could have been a whole lot worse, he could have even died from the crash or from the injuries them self. He didn't seem to be too badly hurt either, sure his face was a mess, but he looked pretty good for what he had just gone through.

I doubt that this will stop him from trying again though, and good luck to him if he does do it again.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Holy Crap!