Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

ChocoJournal: What would you like? (New Edition)

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 06:41 PM #26 of 51
Seconding both polls request and also linkable banners. I've been hoping for polls for the longest time~

I wish we could get, like, a skin kind of thing going, too. To make our journals customizeable, but I have a feeling that will be opposed - big time.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 07:04 PM Local time: Jan 13, 2007, 08:04 AM #27 of 51
I still think the My Replies and Comments buttons are too vague to dicern from each other. I always click one expecting the other's results. The little icons that go with them don't help at all either. Perhaps they worsen the confusion. I would call the button that goes to comments in your journal "My CJ's latest comments". "My Replies" sounds like "my replies that I've made in other people's journals". "Comments" should be "My Comments" or something to emphasize that they are comments that you have made in other people's journals.

The buttons are fucking big enough so I don't see why we can't be more descriptive in them. I seriously can't discern the two apart by their names unless I memorize what which one does. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Furthermore if they're comments being done in my journal then I think the arrow should be pointing left as that seems more towards myself. An arrow pointing right seems more like away from myself and towards others.

I'll have to come up with a new graphic or name or something b/c those two buttons seriously bug the heck out of me. In the meantime you guys are free to come up with better name suggestions and graphics and things.
Thanks for your lengthy rant, but I would like to remind you that when the functions of both buttons were switched, people complained very loudly to me. (And the "Comments" button wouldn't even be there had Dopefish not pestered me to change the functionality of "My Replies" in the first place).

I don't even know why I bother sometimes.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 07:07 PM Local time: Jan 12, 2007, 04:07 PM #28 of 51
"Comments Received", "Comments Given".

Problem solved.

P.S. The icons just suck anyway.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 07:08 PM Local time: Jan 13, 2007, 08:08 AM #29 of 51
Fuck this, text links from now on.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 07:15 PM Local time: Jan 12, 2007, 04:15 PM #30 of 51
You .

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Stealth
Indigo 1

Member 207

Level 22.37

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 07:21 PM Local time: Jan 12, 2007, 06:21 PM #31 of 51
How about being able to sort through old journal entries by date? I mean right now, all you can do is hit the back button a million times to find an old one.

FELIPE NO

Celes Chere
Good Chocobo

Member 11349

Level 18.07

Aug 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 11:16 PM #32 of 51
Now that I think about it, why don't we just merge all of LiveJournal's features into the CJ system?
Agreed to an extent (since some of LJ's features are pretty lame). I do think that it would be neat to be able to customize our CJs a little more.. like the ability to change the number of entries on the page, or to change the colors, but I doubt that would be possible since it would probably take up too much coding or something.

I also third/fourth/whatever the poll suggestion.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Old Jan 12, 2007, 11:20 PM #33 of 51
You .
Oh good god I think over half of GFF's life-long population had multiple orgasms because of this massive amount of . Someone needs to update the Operation Icon Freedom entry of this victory stat. I in the meantime will go change my pants.

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2007, 12:30 AM #34 of 51
Ooh, that is bad. So does it make it a private or a public entry after being merged? I'm guessing it turns into whatever it was set to in the newest entry which could be very bad.
I had the "Additional Entry Made Within the Hour" message appear within my private entry. I do not believe that it was made public.

galen
lost control then i got it back now my position has changed

Member 655

Level 25.35

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2007, 06:43 PM Local time: Jan 13, 2007, 04:43 PM #35 of 51
Uh oh.

Bobo is/was very proud of those buttons I do not know what you have unleashed.

How ya doing, buddy?
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:26 AM Local time: Jan 14, 2007, 06:26 AM #36 of 51
Lets not have the journals merge "additional entries within the hour" please. I've not really started journalin' in a serious way yet, but if I ever do, I plan to keep different subjects separated into different entries. Today I found out that the system doesn't like that much.

seanne
²°°

Member 69

Level 35.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 06:39 PM Local time: Jan 15, 2007, 01:39 AM #37 of 51
It would be neat if ctrl->b, ctrl->i, etc, would result in their respective vb tags being written when a message box is highlighted, as is the case when posting in the forums.

example: ctrl->b = [b][/b']

How ya doing, buddy?
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2007, 10:54 PM #38 of 51
I'd like to see a checkbox for when making journal entries (and this can probably be extended to comments) to disable smilies for the entry/comment.

Sometimes we just want to type something that might use colons and it can get caught in the smile filter.

Most amazing jew boots
Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Jan 18, 2007, 12:14 AM Local time: Jan 17, 2007, 10:14 PM #39 of 51
A checkbox for auto-parsing links.

FELIPE NO
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 10:42 AM Local time: Jan 22, 2007, 06:42 PM #40 of 51
I'd like to see a checkbox for when making journal entries (and this can probably be extended to comments) to disable smilies for the entry/comment.

Sometimes we just want to type something that might use colons and it can get caught in the smile filter.
I just put [b][/b] between the : and the ), with :[b][/b]) becoming :), as opposed to . I've been doing this for ages when posts or journal entries make text into smilies when I don't want it (IRC logs for instance). Sure, it's a workaround, but till they make a checkbox, you can use that.

The ability to use [url] in the banner text would indeed be nice. Other than I don't see myself using any of the other suggested features that much, though I certainly wouldn't deny polls and WYSIWYG from others.

Bring back 10 random entries plz

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Jan 22, 2007 at 10:47 AM.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 11:03 AM Local time: Jan 22, 2007, 09:03 AM #41 of 51
I just put [b][/b] between the : and the ), with :[b][/b]) becoming :), as opposed to . I've been doing this for ages when posts or journal entries make text into smilies when I don't want it (IRC logs for instance). Sure, it's a workaround, but till they make a checkbox, you can use that.
There's a [noparse] tag that, in addition to leaving tags like [b][/b] and so forth intact, also doesn't render smilies like :). It requires more keystrokes than the [b][/b] trick, but if you have lots of smilies you don't want to render in a chatlog, you can just stick a [noparse] at the top and a [/noparse] at the bottom and the whole thing will be image-free without having to track down every single one.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Old Jan 22, 2007, 11:11 AM #42 of 51
I my! That is clever, Q. Thanks for the tip!

Additional Spam:
:) :o :p

^used noparse tag there cooool~

weird the bold tag trick isn't working anymore

Last edited by FatsDomino; Jan 22, 2007 at 11:14 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 11:27 AM Local time: Jan 22, 2007, 07:27 PM #43 of 51
Well, when making lengthier journal entries, I copy-paste to notepad and use search & destroy replace, usually, so it's not been an issue for me (replacing : with :[b][/b] for instance. I do it constantly with < in LJ).

A [noparse] will certainly be useful as I had no idea there was one, if not for most chatlogs since I tend to like leaving urls parsed.

Most amazing jew boots

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 04:02 PM Local time: Jan 22, 2007, 10:02 PM #44 of 51
Lets not have the journals merge "additional entries within the hour" please. I've not really started journalin' in a serious way yet, but if I ever do, I plan to keep different subjects separated into different entries. Today I found out that the system doesn't like that much.
This was introduced to stop certain members from filling up the entire "Last ten entries list" with their inane brain dumps. If you want to seperate your topics, use bolded titles or something. There's no way we should ever get rid of this feature, in fact I think two hours would be better frankly.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 05:00 PM Local time: Jan 23, 2007, 01:00 AM #45 of 51
It's not even an hour, I think it's like 45 minutes or so, as I've seen two separate entries in the recent list from someone and the hour on the timestamp has been the same.

EDIT:
Oh and being the journal whore I am, being able to see who's visited/been reading your journal and when would certainly be neat.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Jan 22, 2007 at 06:00 PM.
Celes Chere
Good Chocobo

Member 11349

Level 18.07

Aug 2006

Old Jan 23, 2007, 07:47 PM #46 of 51
I just thought of something else. Would it be possible to make it so the text under the banner can be more than one line long? Meaning, could I put say, a quote or something, then on a new line, something else? I'm probably not even explaining this right.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 03:24 PM Local time: Jan 26, 2007, 01:24 PM #47 of 51
Any chance that Props can be added to the Most Recent Buddy Entries page?

FELIPE NO
and Brandy does her best to understand

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support > ChocoJournal: What would you like? (New Edition)