Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Clarification Requested (Donations)

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 02:00 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 01:00 PM #26 of 63
I like this idea. Is it possible for Blah or Styphon or Miles to implement it themselves instead of having to wait for our retarded leader to return?

Most amazing jew boots
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 02:05 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 11:05 AM #27 of 63
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Would bobo even notice this anyway? We could have generated a lot of revenue during the last two weeks. That's money down the drain now, because bobo chose not to act.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 03:48 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 01:48 PM #28 of 63
I am going to set up the account today, guys. We'll run this for a month and then I'll send the money to bobo through paypal to show him how useful it is. That should change his mind I think~

As for the backup, it is completely restored and up on the server. I also turned off posting and did some setup for bobo. He asked me to keep the url to myself for now since he planned on releasing it himself. I could release it now but the problem is I don't know what his intentions are. Does he wanna use some of the leftover chocosponsor money to buy an additional license key to make it legal to do? Is he just gonna release the url and hope no one reports it to vb? I'm just gonna wait a little bit longer on that one. The backup WAS fully restored though and you guys will be able to log into your old accounts there as well.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 05:13 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 04:13 PM #29 of 63
Here's a better idea Miles. Keep the money until he requests it or needs it for another donation drive. Giving the man money when there is no urgent request for it is even stupider than giving it to him when there is.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Stealth
Indigo 1

Member 207

Level 22.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 07:17 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 06:17 PM #30 of 63
Originally Posted by JUST DECLARED WAR
Here's a better idea Miles. Keep the money until he requests it or needs it for another donation drive. Giving the man money when there is no urgent request for it is even stupider than giving it to him when there is.
Quoted for Truth.

And don't worry Miles, Jelsoft is on illegal vBs like fly on shit. The archive will be shut down in no time, unless special precautions are taken. Though I assume Bobo hasn't done any of them.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 07:55 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 05:55 PM #31 of 63
How about no. I am not keeping the money unless bobo puts the server bill in my hands. Having him pay the server bill and keeping the money earned off ads here to myself isn't a method I would consider at all. What I could do is send him enough money to pay the bill each month and whatever is left (if there is any left) could be saved and used to fund future GFF projects (such as an additional license to run the GFF archive).

Most amazing jew boots
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 07:57 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 08:57 AM #32 of 63
Originally Posted by Miles
I am going to set up the account today, guys. We'll run this for a month and then I'll send the money to bobo through paypal to show him how useful it is. That should change his mind I think~
It'll take longer than a month actually, since they only send you the PIN code after $50 is accrued. Then after you're verified, they only send out payments after the $100 mark, near the end of the month. So it's most probably a 2 month wait.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 07:58 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 05:58 PM #33 of 63
Thats fine. I wasn't even aware that I'd have to wait a few days for an email from google before we could put the ad up in the first place. As soon as I get the email we should have a google ad set up.

How ya doing, buddy?
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 08:00 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 09:00 AM #34 of 63
Nah, it's usually just a one-day wait for the initial email.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 09:08 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 07:08 PM #35 of 63
I must say that I'm sure glad we all came back to bobo's version of GFF when, you know...he's not going to do things to keep it running financially and...well, he's not going to actually implement anything and...er, oh yeah, he's not actually going to be around.

This plan was A+++++.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
and Brandy does her best to understand
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 09:16 PM #36 of 63
Originally Posted by JUST DECLARED WAR
Here's an even better idea.

Give all the money generated from Google AdSense to the people who donated the $1000+ to bring GFF back.

Then when that has been paid off, send the rest to bobo.

Stealth
Indigo 1

Member 207

Level 22.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 09:46 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 08:46 PM #37 of 63
Except that would require to get some sort of list of donators and amounts from Bobo. That's pretty much pointless as I doubt Bobo would give that out.

Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:14 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 11:14 AM #38 of 63
Originally Posted by BlueMikey
I must say that I'm sure glad we all came back to bobo's version of GFF when, you know...he's not going to do things to keep it running financially and...well, he's not going to actually implement anything and...er, oh yeah, he's not actually going to be around.

This plan was A+++++.
Bobo can be faulted for many things, but he sure is magnanimous. Not many people would still keep you on staff were they in Bobo's position, BlueMikey, after the things you've been saying. Not that I disagree with you now, mind you. Just sayin'.:biggrin:

Regardless, I'm glad this is moving along. I think the priority is GFF first, and donors second. By all means, those who donated the money to get us back up should be repaid, but only if the amount of cash from advertising is more than sufficient to cover GFF's running costs. Make sure the cash flow is sufficient and stable enough before paying 'dividends'.

Most amazing jew boots
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:44 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 09:44 PM #39 of 63
Originally Posted by Miles
How about no. I am not keeping the money unless bobo puts the server bill in my hands. Having him pay the server bill and keeping the money earned off ads here to myself isn't a method I would consider at all. What I could do is send him enough money to pay the bill each month and whatever is left (if there is any left) could be saved and used to fund future GFF projects (such as an additional license to run the GFF archive).
You are a stupid, stupid man sometimes. Before I would even think of giving the man one cent from the adsense, I'd make sure you have some kind of undeniable proof that he's spending that money on the running of the site. You want some sort of insurance? Send it directly to the webhosts. You'd be a fucking moron not to.

Originally Posted by BM, the mother of all badassery

This plan was A+++++.
I am quoting this for truth. Nothing else needs to be said.

Originally Posted by Jazz
Here's an even better idea.

Give all the money generated from Google AdSense to the people who donated the $1000+ to bring GFF back.

Then when that has been paid off, send the rest to bobo.
That's a hell of an idea, actually. Those people deserve to have their stolen money back.

And unlike what Stealth said, there just might be a way to get a list of donators. (At the very least, it would be a partial one.)

The donation drive was run by Paypal. The people who sent Bobo money would have Paypal receipts in their account transaction history. Provide proof that you donated money, and get some of it back. Provide the receipt and for how much, and the Adsense money could be wired to you.

This won't work for the people who donated via other methods, but I'd imagine most of the donating was via the Paypal method anyway. (And if it wasn't, shame on you if you didn't keep your transaction receipts.)

Originally Posted by Zergrinch
Bobo can be faulted for many things, but he sure is magnanimous. Not many people would still keep you on staff were they in Bobo's position, BlueMikey, after the things you've been saying. Not that I disagree with you now, mind you. Just sayin'.

Regardless, I'm glad this is moving along. I think the priority is GFF first, and donors second. By all means, those who donated the money to get us back up should be repaid, but only if the amount of cash from advertising is more than sufficient to cover GFF's running costs. Make sure the cash flow is sufficient and stable enough before paying 'dividends'.
Bobo probably doesn't even know BM is pissed at him, and even if he did, he doesn't care enough to do anything about it. Besides, BM's a refreshing breath of fresh air after trying to decipher what Miles is saying between his mouthfuls of chocopenis.

And it should not be called dividends, it should called reparation payments.

Most amazing jew boots
Stealth
Indigo 1

Member 207

Level 22.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:50 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 09:50 PM #40 of 63
Didn't think about the receipts actually, but anyone with HTML knowledge can pretty much doctor a fake receipt up. Not too difficult.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:56 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 09:56 PM #41 of 63
Perhaps there is a way using Paypal to forward them? Or request a duplicate of an invoice/bill be forwarded to a different email that would act as further proof?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Stealth
Indigo 1

Member 207

Level 22.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:03 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 10:03 PM #42 of 63
Checking around on my paypal account, I can't seem to find any way to have Paypal forward an invoice copy to someone's email. Maybe emailing tech support or something.

BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:29 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 09:29 PM #43 of 63
Originally Posted by Zergrinch
Bobo can be faulted for many things, but he sure is magnanimous. Not many people would still keep you on staff were they in Bobo's position, BlueMikey, after the things you've been saying. Not that I disagree with you now, mind you. Just sayin'.:biggrin:
Unless someone outright told him, I doubt bobo knows that I've said anything. He might if he reads this thread when he checks back in, what, weeks after the last visit.

sup lurker

Edit: (Or what JUST DECLARED WAR said.)

Most amazing jew boots
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 03:43 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 01:43 AM #44 of 63
I think bobo had you among my mutinous crew, BM.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 08:41 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 02:41 PM #45 of 63
For fuck's sake. If spending $50 to keep up a site you visit for the better part of everyday and have had many years of enjoyment out of is such a big fucking deal to you then I suggest you either don't pay in future and let Gamingforce die or you shut up and fuck off to some other forum where they don't ask you for money.

It's not like bobo came to your house and forced $50 out of you at gunpoint. He made a request for cash and some of us thought it was a worthwhile cause.

$50 is fuck all money in the grand scheme of things. I donated not to become some shareholder or get an email proxy or for some gay little icon, I donated because I've spent almost 5 years posting on these forums for a total cost of nothing and I didn't feel it was such an onerus request to donate a bit of cash to the upkeep of the place, especially if that meant keeping the site running.

So what if bobo has taken the money and gone on holiday? I couldn't give a fuck what he's spending it on. God knows how much of his own money he's spent on this site over the years and for what? He doesn't even post here much any more, he gets nothing in return but a bunch of whiny kids having a go at him for taking a couple of weeks to restoring some backup nobody will ever read and for not providing some kind of fucking budget so you lot can pick holes in his spending habits.

I just can't believe how fucking ungrateful some of you cunts are. bobo owes you nothing. No explanations, no time commitments and no money. If you're not happy to wait a bit until he's sorted some stuff out then please, fuck off. Gamingforce will be all the better for each one of you mardy fucks that never comes back.

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 10:54 AM #46 of 63
Originally Posted by Shin
For fuck's sake. If spending $50 to keep up a site you visit for the better part of everyday and have had many years of enjoyment out of is such a big fucking deal to you then I suggest you either don't pay in future and let Gamingforce die or you shut up and fuck off to some other forum where they don't ask you for money.

It's not like bobo came to your house and forced $50 out of you at gunpoint. He made a request for cash and some of us thought it was a worthwhile cause.

$50 is fuck all money in the grand scheme of things. I donated not to become some shareholder or get an email proxy or for some gay little icon, I donated because I've spent almost 5 years posting on these forums for a total cost of nothing and I didn't feel it was such an onerus request to donate a bit of cash to the upkeep of the place, especially if that meant keeping the site running.

So what if bobo has taken the money and gone on holiday? I couldn't give a fuck what he's spending it on. God knows how much of his own money he's spent on this site over the years and for what? He doesn't even post here much any more, he gets nothing in return but a bunch of whiny kids having a go at him for taking a couple of weeks to restoring some backup nobody will ever read and for not providing some kind of fucking budget so you lot can pick holes in his spending habits.

I just can't believe how fucking ungrateful some of you cunts are. bobo owes you nothing. No explanations, no time commitments and no money. If you're not happy to wait a bit until he's sorted some stuff out then please, fuck off. Gamingforce will be all the better for each one of you mardy fucks that never comes back.
Quoted for truth, motherfuckers.

A lot of you are doing some hefty bitching for things that don't really NEED to be bitched about.

If you don't like what Bobo may or may not be doing with your cash, don't give any to him. Just as you wouldn't give any to a cause you didn't support.

We get it, you don't trust him, okay okay okay. Some of us are appreciative that he bothered running the place for no cost to us for years upon years. Personally, I've gotten enough out of this place to be able to put up with him. Yea, it can get annoying. Yea, its not always honest. But this place is WORTH a little hassle.

He's gone up and beyond the call of duty in the past, but now, you're all ready to crucify him over very little? How many of you bitching actually GAVE a substantial amount of money to him?

I gave plenty. And I am not feeling too horribly jilted. And I am easy to jilt.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 06:04 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 04:04 PM #47 of 63
Thank you Shin and Sass. Your posts match my thoughts exactly.

I'd greatly appreciate it if you bobo haters kept your trash out of these forums. We've heard your same bullshit over and over enough times already and its getting very annoying. If you still wish to whine about the donations then do so at the serious business forums.

FELIPE NO
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 06:49 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 12:49 AM #48 of 63
I also feel it may be worthwhile pointing out that Bobo was posting yesterday on the forums about features that he will soon be adding. All y'all seem to be saying that he's dissapeared, and/or abandonned his forum, but is that really the case? It sounds like once he gives his admins FTP access, and gets the Google adverts up and running, he won't need to be around that much.

On the subject of Google ads, watch out, because I hear bad things.

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 06:54 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 07:54 AM #49 of 63
Originally Posted by Soluzar
On the subject of Google ads, watch out, because I hear bad things.
If you're going to say something, say it. We're not exactly clairvoyant here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 01:20 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 11:20 PM #50 of 63
You know what?

I'm tired of this argument of, "Well, shit, you enjoy GFF so you should pay for it too." Do you fucking pay to listen to the radio? No, you listen to some advertisements. That's your payment to them. Same here. We could put advertisements on the bottom of the page and that would be it! That's enough! No more problems ever for the rest of GFF's life. More can be done with ad money on GFF than can be done with donations. And I guarantee you if you people hadn't have given all your money to bobo and had given it to someone who gives a fuck about this community then GFF would be running at full functionality at this very moment.

But you fucks are like, "Well, shit, I can PAY FOR GFF. That would be so much better! It is so much better to have bobo run out of money every 6 months and lose everything and have to pay thousands of dollars to get GFF back!"

Seriously. What the hell is wrong with you? Have you looked at any other website on the entire freaking WWW lately? Because they all have advertisements.

It's such a fallacy to point out that we are bad users of GFF because we advocate a system where no one has to pay anything at all. OH SO AWFUL. So awful that all our friends would be able to keep their money!

And shut up, Miles. We get that you are like super admin and super doner and super everything. You don't have to be super righteous asshole also.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support > Clarification Requested (Donations)