Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Anything I should know about vBulletin before I buy?

Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 02:35 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2007, 12:35 PM #1 of 3
Anything I should know about vBulletin before I buy?

This is more or less aimed at learning anything special before buying vB. I've already decided on the $85 lease option.

I'm not good with PHP or SQL at all, so unless it's code related, I'll fail hard. :V

How ya doing, buddy?
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 04:29 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2007, 11:29 PM #2 of 3
Installing and setting it up is very easy. The software comes with a step-by-step guide. Just make sure you know how to CHMOD using your FTP Client (I suggest FlashFXP) and you're good.

Hacks (that's what exta features are called) also come with an easy step-by-step guide on how to install them, but make sure you're using the right hack for the right version of VBB.

Most amazing jew boots
Roph
ヽ(ºДº)ノ

Member 63

Level 25.06

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 06:12 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 12:12 AM #3 of 3
Pretty sure you've heard of it, but just in case, have you seen SMF?

It's the best free/open system I've ever seen, and it's pretty easy to work with and mess around with =).

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Anything I should know about vBulletin before I buy?