Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] GFF Anime Club

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2010, 04:09 PM #51 of 369
All you gotta do is ask for a specific scene/screen/whatever. I did up the Tutu ones Deni/pack are sporting (as well as my own). Don't have Ebichu/Tylor so you'd have to ask Acer for those.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

#654: Braixen
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2010, 04:43 PM Local time: Jul 17, 2010, 02:43 PM #52 of 369
Acer, if you don't remove the ability to skip the translation notes (best part) I'm going to boycott you.
I half-heartedly approve of this, since it is rather hilarious.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Old Jul 17, 2010, 05:56 PM #53 of 369
Haha I only put that there for people who aren't willing to sit through them miss any of the episode by skipping too far ahead.

I've been looking at the schedule and it's well paced to getting through about halfway though Princess Tutu and Irresponsible Captain Tylor by the end of July. However more importantly Ebichu will have finished on July 29.

7-13 tutu 1-2, ebichu 1-4, tylor 1-2
7-15 tutu 3-4, ebichu 5-8, tylor 3-4
7-20 tutu 5-6, ebichu 9-12, tylor 5-6
7-22 tutu 7-8, ebichu 13-16, tylor 7-8
7-27 tutu 9-10, ebichu 17-20, tylor 9-10
7-29 tutu 11-12, ebichu 21-24, tylor 11,12

8-3 tutu 13-14, ?? ??-?? , tylor 13-14
8-5 tutu 15-16, ?? ??-??, tylor 15-16

So yeah what do you propose we replace Ebichu with? It's a good slot to have another comedy or light-hearted show. As awesome as Planetes is I'd rather not have another sci-fi show going on at the same time as Tylor. It could work as Tylor's replacement though once that is done.

The other thing is that I'm looking at the pace for which we could go through these shows. If we continue doing 2 episodes per series a night then we won't be done with Tutu and Tylor until August 24. That means we would be watching a 26 episode series for 13 days over 7 weeks. If we had gone for 3 episodes per series a night from the get go it would take 9 days over 5 weeks to watch a 26 episode series.

Of course if you were to go with 4 episodes per series a night it would be even less but that's getting a bit heavy for a weekday night which brings me to my next thought. Is 3 episodes per series a night too much? Let's just look at the line up. If we average it out to 22 minutes per episode then that would be an hour and 6 minutes per series a night. Three series and that makes the broadcast run 3 hours and 18 minutes starting at 8 PM and ending around 11:20 PM. Would people be willing to do that? Would it be wiser to move the show up earlier to say 7:30 - 10:50 PM or 7:00 - 10:20 PM?

The other thought of mine is that if we were to switch the schedule to 9 episodes a night instead of 6 episodes a night would we want to switch right away or wait until a halfway point. The halfway point going at 2 episodes per series a night is the end of July when Ebichu is currently scheduled to end and the other 2 series also are around their halfway mark. The week after that could start 3 episodes per series.

Your thoughts, guys?

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by FatsDomino; Jul 17, 2010 at 05:58 PM.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Jul 17, 2010, 06:14 PM #54 of 369
If we average it out to 22 minutes per episode then that would be an hour and 6 minutes per series a night. Three series and that makes the broadcast run 3 hours and 18 minutes starting at 8 PM and ending around 11:20 PM.?

I don't see any reason why we have to have some special timing to change shit up. Its unlikely that the participants will suddenly be unable to join in because they didnt plan on an extra hour of anime.

Additionally, keeping it at its current time is already probably straining the schedules of folks on the west coast. Moving it earlier more would probably just reduce participation or frustrate them.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Old Jul 17, 2010, 08:45 PM #55 of 369
Yeah, true enough, pack. I need to remember that people out west have to start at 5 PM. Of course people can always catch up on what they've missed by watching the archives.

How do you guys feel about this? Ultimately it means more of the show(s) you like per week. Can you handle that much Ebichu, Deni? =')

also got me a new ava/sig~

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2010, 08:47 PM Local time: Jul 17, 2010, 07:47 PM #56 of 369
I may have to continue ignoring Tylor, but fuck yes, I can handle that much ebichu.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2010, 12:18 AM #57 of 369
I don't think I'll be able to stay up watching animes that late. But I'm already catching up on a lot of the club via stream anyway, so!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2010, 05:52 AM Local time: Jul 18, 2010, 12:52 PM #58 of 369
if it's later i got to bail, since it's already late enough for me, or you could move and put ebichu first :]

no homo
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2010, 08:18 AM Local time: Jul 18, 2010, 08:18 AM #59 of 369
Need a light-hearted comedy? Nodame Cantabile maybe? :V It's a pretty awesome series. Plus, Deni should see it to cater to his classical music fandom. I think some folks were suggesting Azumanga on the stream at some point, as well.

And as mentioned before, the present timeslot is pretty sweet, in my opinion. Extending or moving it would probably leave me sneaking out early or later.

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Last edited by Gechmir; Jul 18, 2010 at 08:22 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:33 AM #60 of 369
lurks, deni, gech, zip, and pack: you guys have been there for this from the get go and I aim to please my watchers in the stream. The point of me adding more episodes per show is that at the going rate it takes a month and a half to do a 26 episode series. If the episode count was raised by either adding 3 more episodes a night or adding a third viewing night then it would take only about a month's time instead.

Problem with adding a third day is when to do it. People are busy on the weekend although people did seem to be around in chat yesterday that probably could have done it. Wednesday would have us infringing on the beginning of nutty's radio show. So hmmm...

Are you okay with it taking a month and a half to watch a show? Admittedly we would be always watching three shows at this pace but is this too slow or not?

Oh and I figured out how to add skins to the archive's player so now it looks like the youtube skin~

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2010, 03:15 PM Local time: Jul 18, 2010, 10:15 PM #61 of 369
I dont really mind, for me it's more about the chatting and goofing about whatever the hell we are watching. What you could do maybe is to take a poll after a week or two and see if people want to continue with the show or switch it maybe?

no homo
Old Jul 18, 2010, 04:02 PM #62 of 369
Hmm... true enough. I think people like the current line up but if there is ever an expressed interest to get rid of one of the shows and replace it I am up for the idea as long as it's majority.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Jul 20, 2010, 06:21 PM #63 of 369
Broadcast should be starting in 40 minutes but I'm doubtful I'll make it home in time. Sorry guys.

It'll be starting a bit later than usual. Expect me in anywhere from 8 to 8:30 PM.

I'll hop into chat and grab people before I start the show. Again sorry for being late.

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2010, 07:09 PM Local time: Jul 20, 2010, 06:09 PM #64 of 369
Broadcast should be starting in 40 minutes but I'm doubtful I'll make it home in time. Sorry guys.
<-----

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2010, 11:48 PM 1 #65 of 369
someone asked me to make this

Last edited by Tails; Jul 20, 2010 at 11:51 PM.
Clamjouster
Get it together!

Member 53

Level 17.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2010, 11:49 PM Local time: Jul 21, 2010, 12:49 AM #66 of 369
I propose acer sneaks in catshitone in the next broadcast somewhere, like a preshow or something, if he can do it anyways.

Most amazing jew boots
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2010, 01:42 AM Local time: Jul 21, 2010, 12:42 AM #67 of 369
someone asked me to make this

That would be me, you hero.

Old Jul 21, 2010, 05:52 AM #68 of 369
As usual, Tails you are wonderful! <3

I propose acer sneaks in catshitone in the next broadcast somewhere, like a preshow or something, if he can do it anyways.
Although it wouldn't really be sneaking in anymore but I'm not opposed to doing something like this. It might make the show run slightly longer but people seemed to be alright when I was a little late last night.

And since I couldn't really convince myself you guys wanted nine episodes a night I'm sticking with six until you guys ask me to change the schedule.

Anyway, broadcast 3 is available in the archives now.

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Jul 22, 2010, 07:01 PM #69 of 369
SPECIAL SHOWING OF CAT SHIT ONE AT THE BEGINNING

STARTING THE SHOW NOW

HOP IN THE STREAM

GFF ANIME CLUB - GAR MOE FUN FARTS YEAH

I was speaking idiomatically.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2010, 07:37 PM Local time: Jul 22, 2010, 05:37 PM #70 of 369
I won't be home for another 20~30 minutes. ;__;

Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:00 PM #71 of 369
I'm sorry there were technical difficulties tonight. I'm not even sure why or how. I kind of doubt a bunch of people were checking the archive while I was broadcasting and my bandwidth test show I can upload just fine (like 20 up) almost anywhere in the country. Thing is even I started getting choppy results on my laptop. This was during Cat Shit One where it was worst. I restarted my machines when Princess Tutu had similar choppiness and afterward it seemed to be fine for the most part. A few people out west still claimed that it was choppy for them. This kind of confuses me as the way livestream works is that I upload to them and then they broadcast to anyone tuning in. Perhaps livestream just had a rough night and my laptop needed a good restart to display it properly but nooo pretty much everyone said it was choppy to the max. I dunno I'll have to do more research because the recorded broadcast of Cat Shit One isn't choppy at all. I'll have to do more research on this.

Well as far as the regular broadcast went it seemed fine by me for the most part. Actually it's probably the highest number of people we've had so far. We kept up to ten people for the most part up until the end of Ebichu and then numbers started to dwindle down to seven when Tylor began. A little halfway after the first Tylor episode was done there were only three people and soon after that people just dropped out completely leaving me to watch the rest of that and the second Tylor episode alone completely by myself.

Dwindling numbers for Tylor have been pretty consistent but this was pretty bad, guys. I hate to do this considering it is probably one my most favorite animes but unless I know people are watching it via the broadcast archives and/or enjoying it I might have to cancel Tylor or do something drastic like move Tylor up earlier into Ebichu's time-slot. I don't really want to do that as it might anger some who just can't stay up much longer to then watch Ebichu or it may backfire and people will just ignore the broadcast until Ebichu is on and skip out on both Tutu and Tylor entirely. I don't want any of that but I cannot help but say that the reaction to Tylor has been very disappointing since I regard it so highly. If you haven't even caught Tylor yet or miss it due to circumstances please give it a watch in the archives. I only wish to share it with you all but if it isn't what you want then well... please let me know.
And here I thought increasing the number of episodes a night would be a good idea... nobody even stays to the end... kids these days don't know good anime... stay off my lawn... grumblegrumble... bitterbitter...

Anyway, broadcast four is now available in THE ARCHIVES. If you missed Tylor (and you did miss Tylor ) then please use this opportunity to check it out.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by FatsDomino; Jul 22, 2010 at 11:02 PM.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 23, 2010, 05:41 AM #72 of 369
Well Acer you gotta remember you can't force people to watch stuff if they don't want to. I agree Tylor is great but I can understand if people aren't interested. I don't think Ebichu is all that spectacular (I can see why it's supposed to be funny, dirty hamster sex jokes hehe but Hamtaro is the only one for me sorry ) but I wouldn't particularly get riled up about people wanting to see it over Tutu. I can't really say I can stay beyond 9PM anyway because of work so my opinion on what you guys show doesn't mean much.

Oh and for lurker

That said, this is really the point where Tutu starts to get interesting. I think some folks are missing out on the fact that Drosselmeyer has set all this up to be a tragic tale where nobody wins (Tutu vanishes if she confesses, Kraehe will never be loved no matter how hard she tries), which should have been p. obvious given all the emotions Ahiru ever found were negative. Is Fakir really a bad guy (FOOLED BY ALL THAT DELICIOUS BREAD) and what will he do now that EVIL CROW GIRL is here is only part of what makes the upcoming arc so fun to watch. If you're not sold on it by 13 I'll be incredibly sad. ;_;

Last edited by Tails; Jul 23, 2010 at 05:51 AM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 23, 2010, 05:47 AM Local time: Jul 23, 2010, 04:47 AM #73 of 369
I think pretty much everyone is into Tutu. Ridiculous as it is. And it is fucking ridiculous.

I know, personally, by the time Tylor rolls around, son, I got shit to do. I just can't sit and watch that much anime without needing to get up and do something.

Old Jul 23, 2010, 06:23 AM #74 of 369
I actually did a bit of thinking and if people don't really want to watch Tylor in our current schedule I can do three things.

Solution one:
Tuesdays & Thursdays remove Tylor and instead show 3 episodes of Tutu and 3 episodes of Ebichu
Saturday marathon 6 episodes of Tylor

Solution 2:
Keep current schedule but replace Tylor with another show people want to watch. Maybe still do marathon of Tylor on Saturday

Solution 3:
DRAGON! DRAGON! ROCK THE DRAGON! DRAGON BALL Z!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Clamjouster
Get it together!

Member 53

Level 17.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 23, 2010, 07:08 AM Local time: Jul 23, 2010, 08:08 AM #75 of 369
I guess we could do a poll Acer, give priority to your regular viewers in the voting, so no random asshole chooses a show but never shows up to watch it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] GFF Anime Club