Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Clannad (Movie and series)

zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2008, 10:01 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2008, 08:01 PM #76 of 97
With episode 22's release, we can say it's ended as in "the first season has ended." Any follow-ups at this point are just that: follow-ups. Regardless as to how you feel about Nagisa, the manner in which they orchestrated the ending was utterly, mindblowingly brilliant. The first half of the episode sets the stage for the second half as all the effort they put in falls down to just a minute of footage, but it's that minute of footage that made the ending so good.

Spoiler:
So basically, Akio Furukawa just seized upon that moment and conveyed his feelings that any caring and loving father would want to convey to their children. The raw emotion that he puts into those words hit all the right marks and shows how genuine he truly feels towards her. That single moment captures the theme of the series so well that it just leaves you in awe. When I think of a single moment, a single experience in anime that is capable of leaving such an impact, Akio's words of encouragement would rank very highly on that list.

What it comes down to is that the sacrifices that each character made, the dreams they had to give up, are the very essence that makes and forges communities, families, and relationships. It's all a part of being human, and I loved how the series reflected that when Tomoya entered the fray with the flashbacks in tow to illustrate the dreams that Tomoya and the others had to forgo to make Nagisa's dream a reality.

Very solid show from beginning to end. It's hard to think up series that have managed to wrap up their endings better than Clannad. No cheesy endings, no feelings that everything was contrived; I loved every minute of the last episode.

Oh, and the preview hints at some man-on-man loving! At least, if you take those quotes out of context.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2008, 05:26 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2008, 02:26 AM #77 of 97
Well in the game, there IS a Sunohara ending... More of a joke/bad ending though. I feel the preview hints they will animated that ending as a joke. I personally read the ending thought it was goddamn hilarious, so I hope I can see it animated as a joke.

Also, episode 24 is a DVD only release. So we get one more next week, and another at a later day. In June I think...

I was speaking idiomatically.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :

Last edited by Kairi Li; Mar 23, 2008 at 05:29 AM.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 11:19 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2008, 12:19 AM #78 of 97
Regardless of what you think about the Nagisa arc, Akio Furukawa conveyed in one minute what took the Kotomi arc 5 episodes. That was exactly what I watched this show for.

Now I will resume avoiding the TOEI movie.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Bigblah; Mar 24, 2008 at 11:25 AM.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 12:13 PM #79 of 97
All throughout the last episode I was thinking how the crisis could possibly be resolved, with all that tension buildup in the first half. I was secretly hoping it'd a little cheesier with a higher display of enthusiasm from everyone, but it wrapped it up well. The standard final moment was the obvious one everyone was waiting for, but still technically, annoyingly enough, a -teaser- since there was no actual verbal confirmation :x

FELIPE NO
nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:48 AM Local time: Mar 27, 2008, 05:48 PM #80 of 97
The ending was good, but WHERE IS THE LOVING EMBRACE and/or PASSIONATE KISS?! Clannad director: "How about, NOWHERE, MWEAHAHAHNYEHYEHEGACK *cough cough*"

It'd be great to actually see them throw themselves at eachother because they can't hold it any longer, but no, they left us only with a "I luv you forevaaa" and then NOTHING. I had expected an explosion of feelings, and we kind of got one but dang they left out the most important thing. At least that's what I think.

Most amazing jew boots
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Mar 27, 2008, 12:22 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2008, 01:22 AM #81 of 97
Oh hey, I don't think KyoAni are quite done with Clannad yet:

Clannad After Story currently in production, staff and cast unchanged.

Moonphase entry: 2008-03-27 - MOON PHASE »¨µ.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Bigblah; Mar 27, 2008 at 12:29 PM.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2008, 01:21 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2008, 10:21 AM #82 of 97
Ha! I knew they had to make it. The opening and various dialogue in the last few episodes foreshadowed it.

But its good to see actual confirmation instead of letting us linger and wait for 2 years... *coughharuhi2cough*

Here's the 15 sec promo for After Story that plays at the end of episode 23, which I'm sure will subbed in the nexy few hours.

YouTube Video

I just about recgonise all the scenes from the spoilers I've read on the game.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Kairi Li; Mar 27, 2008 at 01:48 PM.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2008, 04:37 PM #83 of 97
Sproket released their subbed promo. Looks good though. I am wondering who Tomoya is beating in that clip XD. Good thing I'm takin my time with this. 3 more episodes to go (watching the WS version)!

Most amazing jew boots
nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Mar 27, 2008, 05:28 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2008, 12:28 AM #84 of 97
Oh hey, I don't think KyoAni are quite done with Clannad yet:

Clannad After Story currently in production, staff and cast unchanged.

Moonphase entry: 2008-03-27 - MOON PHASE »¨µ.
Oh so this means we'll be getting a somewhat meatier ending, or does it? That's great, but anyhow, I can't understand why do they have to let us wait for this stuff

How ya doing, buddy?
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2008, 05:52 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2008, 02:52 AM #85 of 97
Because the After Story is not the Harry Potter 5 page Epilogue as the name seems to suggest.

It's 2/3 of the game.

It will take at least 1 cour to fully adapt it properly, and therefore they need a break to actually ANIMATE it. When you combine all the other girls' arcs together (Kyou, Tomoyo and others), its only 1/3 of the game. The majority of the game is the After Story and focuses on Tomoya and Nagisa.

Its like Seasonal breaks in prime time shows like Lost or 24.

Anyway, comments on the first Omake episode.
Spoiler:
The Sunohara X Tomoya fantasy made me laugh so hard it hurts. Nagisa was just cute and awkward throughout the entire episode, and the bakery scenes with Mei just awesome. Loved how pissed off Tomoya looked when other guys are eyeing Nagisa.

Tomoya's reaction to his silly MeiX Sunohara fantasy is gold, I've NEVER seen him react like a horny teenager, that's Sunohara's usual turf.

The end part with Nagisa and Tomoya is sweet, though wathing Tomoya anime fall from what Nagisa was doing is just hilarious.

Overall, a funny and sweet omake episode. Can't wait for episode 24 on the DVD.

Last edited by Kairi Li; Mar 28, 2008 at 06:04 AM.
nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Mar 29, 2008, 05:56 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2008, 12:56 AM #86 of 97
It's 2/3 of the game.
Woah. Ok, so then I guess it makes sense why we'd have to wait for it. But man, that gets me real interested what it will be about. I'll probably get to play the actual game translated before it comes out though I guess.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2008, 03:06 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2008, 12:06 AM #87 of 97
The Baka Tsuki translation patch is in no way officially completed yet. I don't think they are even finished the translation process, and after that's done, they have to do the revision process (as in check if the translation is truly accurate with what was being said), and then test for bugs.

Unless the translation phase IS finished and you got the unofficial patch with no proper word wrap, then yeah, go ahead and play it... But I doubt it will come before the 2nd season though. After Story is so frigging long after all...

As for what happens in the 2nd season, the relationship between Tomoya and Nagisa is developed and explored. Not to mention there are other character arcs they have not touched upon. Mei, Yukine(Girl in 2nd libary), Akio, Sanae, Yuuske (Kouko's husband), Misae the dorm mother.... There's alot of arcs they can easily fit into the 2nd season.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Kairi Li; Mar 30, 2008 at 03:11 AM.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2008, 05:49 AM #88 of 97
This really ended up being a real smooth storyline without no bullshit moments. So now that I'm heading towards the last episode (22? according to the WS versions), What's going to happen with the other chicks ? Does Sunohara get into a relationship with one of them or what? Also, is there more to this Fuko thing ? Her running around and getting caught into funny moments are good , but uhh.. ya know =/.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2008, 11:41 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2008, 08:41 PM #89 of 97
Wait for the After Story, 2nd season, which is 2/3 of the game, for the answers for your questions. Its been officially announced to be in production.

The Fuko thing happens if you gain Fuko Master in the game, then play Tomoyo's arc. Since Tomoya got that title, Fuko has to appear randomly to remain faithful to the game. Theory is that now that she has helped her sis, she is now running around having fun as a spirit untill she one day can get out of her coma.

In the game, the other chicks don't appear much, but the anime may find some way to keep the around. So just wait for the After Story ok? It's been officially announced.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2008, 02:48 PM Local time: Jun 12, 2008, 11:48 AM #90 of 97
Update on the exclusive episode coming soon to the last DVD of season 1, coming in July.

Episode "24" is not only focused on Tomoyo, its also set in her arc. That's right, the episode is in an alternate universe where Tomoya is going out with Tomoyo instead of Nagisa. This is probably due to the fact that out of all the girls, Tomoyo had the least screentime in the actual show.

This episode is focused on the later part of her arc from the game, sets after the school presidential votes were in.

There was a screening of episode 24 at KFC hall in Japan, and a forum member from Anime Suki has a report on it. There are spoiler tags in places where he talks about the episode itself, the rest is about which crew and cast showed up and the event itself.

AnimeSuki Forum - View Single Post - Clannad TV (general discussion)

This image was used to promote Season 2 as well, no mention of broadcast date, just the crew's view on the project during the Q and A.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Kairi Li; Jun 12, 2008 at 02:54 PM.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2008, 06:34 PM Local time: Aug 15, 2008, 03:34 PM #91 of 97
Pretty damn late on this, but episode 24, AKA Tomoyo Alternate Universe episode, its up.

Clannad TV

When you finish watching it, you can see why Tomoyo's arc has to be mutually exclusive from Nagisa.

They did a pretty good job cramming her arc in one episode, all the stuff prior to her becoming Student Council president is mentioned but not shown. Alot had to be cut out, but it got the meat of the events in. Also kudoes to the amazing facial expressions in various scenes. They really went out for the emotional impact. The ending was beautiful and exactly like the original.

On a side note, the game translation has finished its translation phase and its now in the editing phase. Those with the game installed already can find unofficial patches lurking around the net, but the translation team frowns upon them... Still, that was how I saw Tomoyo's ending on youtube.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2008, 09:24 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2008, 06:24 PM #92 of 97
New After Story Teaser confirms air date to be Oct. 3 on TBS from 01:59 AM !

YouTube Video

News from Animefest

New OP ED by Lia.
OP 時を刻む唄
ED TORCH

Airdate: 2/10/08, 1:59AM,
2 Cour(~24ep)
OP: Toki wo Kizamu Uta
ED: Torch

OP is an arrange of a game BGM, has the feel of Tori no Uta.
ED also feels like AIR's in that it feels optimistic

Ep1: The Bakers Furukawa
Ep2: Sunohara's Proposal(as in the marriage one)

Detailed AnimeFest report

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=320

Kyoto Animation also announces Tonari no 801-chan, a new anime they will be making. What the HELL is going on with Haruhi 2 then?

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Kairi Li; Aug 21, 2008 at 09:34 PM.
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Oct 4, 2008, 12:41 AM Local time: Oct 3, 2008, 10:41 PM #93 of 97
Surprised that Kairi Li hasn't already made a ton of posts about the subject, but After Story episode 1 has been aired and subbed by a couple groups.

Episode 1:
AQS-Sprocket-TWH (XviD)
SS-Eclipse (XviD)
SS-Eclipse (h264)

I've downloaded the episode from SS-Eclipse, but I haven't decided if I'm going to watch it yet. Seems that Clannad After Story will have the same airing pattern as Clannad did: episodes will air in 4:3 first, then air again in widescreen weeks later. Last season I waited a couple of weeks to watch the entire thing in widescreen, so I may just do the same thing here. A hassle, but I'd rather not watch something cropped if I can help it.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2008, 04:31 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2008, 01:31 PM #94 of 97
That's cause I got sick of double posting over and over again. :P

And Episode 2 pan and scan ver. is out as well.

Clannad ~After Story~

I'm gonna stream the full screen versions, then download the widescreen versions later. It's annoying that its gonna be a 3 week gap though.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2008, 07:08 AM #95 of 97
Holy shit this is the most adorable thing ever. Ever.

Fuck you KyoAni for making me like this show again. Of course I assume they're getting all the fun stuff out of the way now so they can go back into depressing mode like they did the first time around.

FELIPE NO

#654: Braixen
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2008, 07:22 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2008, 04:22 PM #96 of 97
Widescreen version has begun to air, episode 1 is subbed.

Clannad ~After Story~

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Terra
Imp

Member 26

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2009, 05:19 PM Local time: Aug 24, 2009, 11:19 PM #97 of 97
So... I just finished watching the two series. Great stuff.

Yeah.

Spoiler:
My God, I haven't felt this happy, content, satisfied and sad since I finished Eureka 7. Towards the end, I was literally crying during almost every scene, with the epilogue being the "worst" from this respect. Chiisana Tenohira is a damn good song and Key made an awesome choice by having it end the story.

Also, I'm so glad I had the willpower not to read any game spoilers. It was much better an experience this way.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Clannad (Movie and series)