Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

If you had a friend that woke up from a 20 year coma, what first would you tell them?

Qube
Banninated

Member 23

Level 15.40

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:02 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 09:02 PM #26 of 65
Yeah, considering I'm only 21, I think I'm gonna take this from the stance of him going into a coma now, and waking up 20 years from now.

I'd honestly probably make a few little jokes about having a long nap or something, because considering the mood he'd be in, some lightheartedness would be good until he was a little more awake. I'd probably make sure to let him know about family and stuff, and then because he'd be a bit of an emotional wreck about missing 20 years of his life, I'd probably have to be a bit of a counsel for him, help him come to terms with the situation.

I'd also know that, if ever this happened, I'd make sure I am in a position to get him back into his life as soon as possible, having a place for him to work while he caught up on things and got back into doing stuff.

I think it's a serious thing if he's been in a coma for 20 years, so I'd refrain from a lot of jokes about how he's missed the best years of his life and such. I guess I'm just a nice guy.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hatred on the fact that I lost my old sig, maybe I'll get it back someday. Or not!
Burp
Saving the world... but NOT for free

Member 10186

Level 12.97

Jul 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 04:38 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 06:38 AM #27 of 65
"USSR is over" (by the way, has anyone saw here "Goodbye Lenin"? its about a communist woman who lives on Germany and is on coma... and awakes on 1990! a very funny and deep movie)
"9/11"
"Nintendo isnt the best thing ever now"
"Remember MGS? that NES game? you will not ever believe what MSG is now"

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Gamercafe.cl: Your source for game news in Spanish.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 02:10 AM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 03:10 PM #28 of 65
"Oh my god.. my kiss worked.."

"Go back to sleep, the world still sucks."

"CONGRADURATIONS! A WINNER IS U!"

Most amazing jew boots
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 06:01 AM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 04:01 AM #29 of 65
Originally Posted by vemp
This would make me just go back into a coma.

I was speaking idiomatically.
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 06:42 AM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 01:42 PM #30 of 65
Originally Posted by Burp
"Nintendo isnt the best thing ever now"
"Remember MGS? that NES game? you will not ever believe what MSG is now"
Only just out of a coma, and already he/she's being fed propaganda. :lolsign:

I also will take the "20 years from now" stance, since I don't know anybody that I knew when I was two years old. In fact, come to think of it, I don't know if there's that much chance that I'll stick around for that long to see him/her come out of a coma. I don't have any friends that I've known over ten years, and I lost touch with others despite their not being in a coma.

Anyway, he/she might be like "surasshu was my best friend, get him over here", and you don't say no to that, so uh, to answer the question, I'd probably ask them what it's like to be in a coma. I'm curious, haha.

Then I'd tell them whatever musical trends have happened in the past 20 years (the future 20 years basically), and what I've been up to. I'd probably also take some sort of popular new trinket that we consider a day-to-day, mundane thing, but that will blow his mind. Something like an iPod, or a fancy mobile phone or so. That's probably the kind of thing they'd really want to see, I imagine.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by surasshu; Aug 7, 2006 at 06:45 AM.
Chie
Wishful Thinking

Member 10785

Level 9.25

Aug 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 04:16 PM #31 of 65
there would be so much to talk about and I would answer questions as they came up but the first thing I would tell him/her is "OMG your awake o_o In todays regular standards your ugly."

FELIPE NO
Lost_solitude
stop stealing my "me time"

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 02:55 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 09:55 AM #32 of 65
hehe this is funny cause while he is in acoma I would probably sit there thinking of something funny to say. I would probably tell him how I got here(see if it blows his/her mind) and think of a famous person he/she hated. If that person died or his/her life is in the gutter then I would tell my friend that.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
munchkin13
*meow*

Member 1634

Level 10.22

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 05:49 PM Local time: Aug 15, 2006, 11:49 PM #33 of 65
If my best friend woke up from a 20year coma i think the first thing i would tell him/her is "hello and i've missed them" ya, ya, ya etc, etc, etc. Then I'd just tell them about everything thats happened in terms of technology, family, past friends, what i've done and how everyone is.
but having said that I'm only 18 years old so if I had a 20year old friend in a coma i'd be very, very, very disturbed lol

Jam it back in, in the dark.
agreatguy6
Holy Chocobo

Member 682

Level 31.93

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 06:18 PM #34 of 65
"You look like hell. It's about fucking time you woke up. Wish I could sleep that long."

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 06:31 PM Local time: Aug 15, 2006, 11:31 PM #35 of 65
In all seriousness I'd probably continually visit them and tell them they'd been in a coma for "a while". Chances are they wouldn't be too strong after 20 years of slumber, so I'd wait for them to recuperate somewhat before dropping the bombshell.

Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 07:16 PM #36 of 65
"Hey, that $10 you owe me? Don't worry about it."

Actualy, after reading this, I think I'm going to start keeping a list of all really important events (whether they just seem like it or really are) just in case. When the time came I wouldn't say a damn thing, I'd just sit there with them while they read. This would immediately followed by a drink, and no, I don't care that giving a shmuck who just woke up out of a 20 year coma a drink an unsound health desicion.

I'd need one. Hell, I need one when I wake up after one night. He'd need a case.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
splur
Chocobo

Member 2496

Level 14.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 09:30 AM #37 of 65
"You've been raped every night for the last 15 years of your life, we just found out a couple months ago about the doctor. He's arrested now, no worries."

"Fred, your wife is married to another man. They have 3 beautiful kids now though. Oh yeah, your only son died last year from leukemia. I'm very sorry."

"We also found out that your coma was due to ... *pulls out picture* this man. Remember? He was robbing your house when you went downstairs. The blow he did to the side of your head caused your coma."

Okay... I'd just like to see him seek revenge like a mofo on a rampage. In reality, I'd probably just sit there and stare at him until he asked me a question.

[RIGHT]
blue
blue

Member 6459

Level 22.39

May 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 03:27 AM #38 of 65
Originally Posted by Chie
there would be so much to talk about and I would answer questions as they came up but the first thing I would tell him/her is "OMG your awake o_o In todays regular standards your ugly."
I really love that you said that... 'cause it's so true! Today's beauty standards are so weird... but then think back 20 years and they're also very weird... so I'm sure that 20 years from now will be weird as well. Just... a different kind of weird. Maybe freckles, blue hair, and pantyhose on your arms will be the new pretty.

Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 05:25 AM Local time: Aug 18, 2006, 06:25 PM #39 of 65
"You know, they had to amputate both your arms and legs from that car accident.. But hey! At least you lost weight."

Seriously, there'll be alot to talk about.. But the first thing ever would be a "Welcome back". ^ ^

Most amazing jew boots
J.K.
K.J. in reverse...

Member 11265

Level 1.60

Aug 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 08:50 PM #40 of 65
Welcome back.

Most amazing jew boots
And then, there was one...
snoopy4e4
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 15894

Level 1.21

Nov 2006

Old Nov 24, 2006, 08:17 PM #41 of 65
Tell my friend that he/she was in a coma for 20 years. And just let it go from there...afterall, 20 years is a very long period of time. Can't really think of anything specific to say first.

My Dreams
Virtuosic Dreams ^_^

Member 1412

Level 21.48

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2006, 10:42 PM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 11:42 AM #42 of 65
Its about time you woke up... or anything that welcomes him back. After that I'd take a mental walk with him through 20 years till now. Stuff I can think of will probably be...

Mobiles, Laptops, Internet, Globalization (yeah, big word - I'd probably take a day for this. Or he could just read The World is Flat), advances in Medical Science, travel, emerging economies like China and India, e-mail, youtube....

Sure 9/11 is important. Its just that the other more serious problems like Global Warming and Bird Flu hasn't recieved enough attention.

Originally Posted by XSO
I'd be pretty much all "welcome back lol" and he'd be "thx lol"
There was "lol" 20 years ago?

EDIT: Of course, I'd also tell them the advent of the A4 sized paper!

ChocoJournal
The Link to the Chocojournal works now!
Transcriptions A new thread for transcriptions of all sorts.

"The man had a huge head. Like a pumpkin, really." - Godowskian on Shura Cherkassky

Last edited by My Dreams; Nov 24, 2006 at 10:50 PM.
Crowdmaker
I should be working

Member 950

Level 19.93

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 01:08 AM #43 of 65
I dunno. I don't think there's any one urgent thing to tell anyone after a 20 year coma, so the first thing I'd say would be randomly picked from a top 10. So I'd probably say things that him now knowing would affect what s/he does in the short-term. Like details of the medical condition, stuff about family, etc.

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 02:46 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2006, 02:46 PM #44 of 65
I would tell him games are now in 3-D, global warming is getting worse, The Soviet Union fell, and that he missed the kick butt 1990s...

How ya doing, buddy?
Beginner
Lalala

Member 46

Level 4.22

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 04:22 AM #45 of 65
I think the fall of the Berlin wall and USSR are more important than 9/11. It is also something he'd know something about, since those events were closer to his time than our time.

This is my signature.
Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:27 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 12:57 PM #46 of 65
Originally Posted by DragoonKain
If you had a friend who was in a coma for the last 20 years, and he woke up tomorrow, and asked you to clue him/her in on what they missed while they were out, what is the first thing you'd tell them?

Would it be something personal? Maybe something like 9/11?

I don't know if someone waking up from a 20 year coma wants to hear depressing news right away. But I'd probably tell him about 9/11 first, since it's probably the most significant. Philly fans know we haven't won a championship in 23 years so mentioning anything sports wise is out of the question.

I'd personally tell em how you feel about having them back, friendship comes first before triivialities. then you intoduce him to 800 channels , where nothing comes on except reruns and blow his mind

You know what? you just might be full enough of shit to apply for congress
r3q
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10669

Level 3.41

Aug 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 11:12 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 12:12 PM #47 of 65
Originally Posted by vemp

"Go back to sleep, the world still sucks."

"CONGRADURATIONS! A WINNER IS U!"
God, vemp, you win on soooooo many levels. I hadn't had a good laugh like that in a while now.:biggrin:

*Thumbs up*

Here's mine;

"Jesus, you WOKE? I was betting on that you won't. ****ing seventy thousand bucks."

"Oh, it's you. ****."

FELIPE NO
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 11:16 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2006, 10:16 PM #48 of 65
"This thread happened. http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/se...ome-there.html. Nothing else matters."

Most amazing jew boots

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Sceptre X
\usr\bin\sceptrex

Member 16350

Level 11.01

Dec 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 02:02 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2006, 02:02 PM #49 of 65
I'd show him Advent Children, and that pretty much sums up the last two decades in 100 minutes.

It turns out that today is opposite day, so all of what you have said is true, so you should probably just go.
acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 03:12 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2006, 02:12 PM #50 of 65

Welcome to the world of tommorrow!

Most amazing jew boots

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > If you had a friend that woke up from a 20 year coma, what first would you tell them?