Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Hot vs. Pretty

Rocca
is Finding Forever.

Member 609

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2007, 11:09 AM #76 of 80
It sucks when you are told you are hot when you find it insulting. Hot to me is an insult, just as sexy is. Pretty is..."meh"...not beautiful but appealing. Cute is an insult.
Beautiful is much better than pretty, if you are going to compliment somebody.
I would say that beautiful is on a higher plane than pretty is, though I'm not certain cute could be considered an insult. Perhaps, this is depending on the gender of whomever is labelled as cute (for men, most obviously, it could work as an insult). But a girl being called cute would likely go for it, so I wouldn't think it's that bad.

Agreed on the whole sexy/hot phase. It can be received as just a derivative way of treating the person like a bag of flesh in lieu of an actual person.

If I think about it, I never really label people as hot, but more pretty or even mesmerizing. :O

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

ForestBrain
Syklis Green

Member 24338

Level 6.82

Sep 2007

Old Oct 14, 2007, 03:49 PM #77 of 80
^When I said beautiful for pretty, I meant if the person is beautiful and their beauty is downplayed by being called pretty. I find cute to be an insult because little kids and teddy bears are cute
I guess it all just boils down to people not knowing what the words they are using mean.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2007, 07:03 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2007, 12:03 AM #78 of 80
This is a conversation that I have with a lot of people, the whole type of grading system. From what I figured by asking guys, when they say
A) Cute - it could either mean that they have a cute personality, that they're really friendly and they have nice little sweet mannerisms that make them want to hug the girl. OR it could mean that the girl isn't strikingly beautiful/sexy nor is she ugly, but because they're nice girls it makes them cute.

B) Pretty - Tends to mean the latter of the Cute description.

C) Beautiful - Is only used when the person has actual feelings for the person on a personal level, and not just on physical attraction.

D) Hot - Now THIS is the one that people can't seem to decide on. Sometimes hot can mean that the girl/guy just oozes sex appeal. They are physically attractive, and sometimes SO attractive that there isn't even a sense of attraction TO them because they don't trust them due to their looks or some other reason. Basically sometimes you can find someone hot, but just not want to go out with them. Or you might. It could be someone you're attracted to both physically and spiritually.

I'm just as bad as other people when using these terms. I admit to calling guys cute, and it can be seen as degrading since it's like "awww look a the cute little puppy". But I can't really call a guy pretty...so I tend to stick with good looking and hot.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
nanstey
CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!!

Member 902

Level 10.66

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2007, 11:07 PM Local time: Oct 24, 2007, 11:07 PM #79 of 80
I tend to see each of those words as having different meanings, but not that any of them are better than another in the long run. I've been attracted to women that might fall into one category, but not another. Ultimately, though, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

FELIPE NO
That which is, is. Sink or swim. - Wiliiam Shakespeare. There is no ignorange, there is knowledge. - From the Code of the Jedi
sobamushi
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 25698

Level 1.34

Oct 2007

Old Oct 25, 2007, 01:59 AM Local time: Oct 24, 2007, 11:59 PM #80 of 80
a guy friend told me sometime ago:

hot: someone you want to sleep with for a night, maybe even two, but that's it.

pretty: someone you want to sleep with many nights, and marry and live the rest of your lives together.

I think that's pretty true ._.;

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Hot vs. Pretty