Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Hot vs. Pretty

Shinimegami
Succexy

Member 1145

Level 5.51

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:59 PM #1 of 80
Hot vs. Pretty

Do guys make the distinction between the two?

A guy friend of mine claims:

Hot = attractive + an element of slutty nice
Pretty = attractive

What do you guys think?

How ya doing, buddy?
Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 01:10 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 11:10 AM #2 of 80
I certainly consider a difference between the two. Hot girls have some really striking features and back it up with make up and nice clothes. However, a lot of girls like this are either snobs, or conceited. I can understand what your friend says about "slutty nice."

Pretty, or cute as I call it, are not quite like the 'fashion model' that hot girls are, but I consider them more desirable. I would rather just have a cute girlfriend, than a hot one. :/

There's nowhere I can't reach.
MeTaL_oRgY
Good Chocobo

Member 375

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 01:48 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 12:48 PM #3 of 80
There is a difference...

Pretty girls are kinda cute. They are the kind of girls you want to hang out with and make 'em your girlfriends. They make you nervous and all that.

Hot girls, on the other hand, are more sexually appealing. They are the kind of girls that make you horny. The kind of girls you just met at a party and want to fuck.

So yeah, there is a difference.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

kapsi
Why did the chicken cross the Moebius Strip?

Member 2495

Level 6.82

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 01:59 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 08:59 PM #4 of 80
This reminds me of the "slut/mother" dichotomy from evolutionary psychology...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Tek2000
NOT AVAILABLE

Member 1641

Level 10.58

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 04:32 PM #5 of 80
I'd go for a beautiful (cute) girl, hands down. "Hotness" is something that I don't care about.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kazyl
Good Chocobo

Member 1774

Level 17.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 04:37 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 02:37 PM #6 of 80
I can't stand cute.

Hot is just a physical attraction. That is to say, "I want to sex like crazy. Thanks."

Pretty has potential for more than just physical.

Most amazing jew boots
Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 04:38 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 04:38 PM #7 of 80
I think people can be hot and nice. It all boils down to the person. I can consider a guy hot or cute. I don't think I've encountered anyone who was both. Hot doesn't necessarily mean slutty. Cute guys are more comfortable to look at for a longer time. Hot to me strikes me fast, like whoa, hot.

So to the original question, yes I think there is a difference between both.

FELIPE NO
Deusanimus
New Old Timer

Member 8449

Level 4.76

Jun 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 04:40 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 04:40 PM #8 of 80
I definatley make a differenace. Most of the women I put in the "Hot" category are usually the near perfect women that seem to wear lots of makeup and generally wouldn't even be considered marriage worthy, since their loyalty is more than suspect. "Pretty", in my veiw, defines a woman that is slightly above average in looks, but also has a pleasant personality. given a choice, by my definition I'd take a "pretty" girl over a "ho"t one anyday. Less knife wounds that way.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.
blue
blue

Member 6459

Level 22.39

May 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 05:05 PM #9 of 80
From what people saying, I gather that "hot" is "more physically attractive but probably wouldn't make a good lifetime partner" whereas "pretty" is the kind of girl that can get ahold of your heart strings.

Usually, hot tends to be contrived. I know a "hot" woman who works out daily, goes to tanning beds, and has a tummy tuck and boob job. "Pretty" is more likely to be natural, and can possibly even be attributed to personality.

Most amazing jew boots
Immortal
I float.

Member 1281

Level 19.93

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 06:31 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 04:31 PM #10 of 80
To me a hot girl is someone you see on the street and say "daaaaaamn I'd hit it!" but a pretty girl is someone who you see on the street and say "now that is someone I would take home to mom." Can't really get much more simple than that from my perspective

While everyone around me is busy drowning, I float.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 07:10 PM #11 of 80
This is interesting. Hot to me goes beyond the physical. I mean, looks set the foundation, sure, but their personality has to be really attractive too. I'd only date people whom I thought were hot. Cute guys make good friends, but it's a lesser tier.

Most amazing jew boots
Savage100
I hate confrontations!

Member 5950

Level 4.22

Apr 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 08:12 PM #12 of 80
Originally Posted by Dee
Hot to me strikes me fast, like whoa, hot.
I agree. To me, that is the only difference. A girl who is pretty might be just as physically attractive to me as one who is hot, in time. In the end, maybe the hot girl is more attractive, maybe the pretty. Just that the hot girl for whatever reason strikes me instantly. I guess one other difference could be that a pretty girl would probably age better.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Belladonna
Bond Girl

Member 8499

Level 3.31

Jun 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 08:21 PM #13 of 80
Attractive girl: Just plain pretty. More of your "girl next door" type.

Hot girl: sexy body,pretty face,sex appeal.

Megavolt
Seer

Member 1731

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 08:24 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 07:24 PM #14 of 80
I definitely make the distinction between hot/sexy and pretty. But not in terms of which one has more long term potential, which I don't think has anything to do with it. I also don't think that sexy necessarily suggests the use of cosmetic surgery and implants, which I'm not too keen on anyways, as I do like a woman who looks more natural. The way I see it, some doll-faced girl (like say, Halle Berry) might be pretty in a demure kind of way but not sexy. By the same token, a girl might not be a perfect fit for that particular standard of pretty, but be more sexy in a different and likely exotic way (like say, Monica Belluci).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
~MV
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 02:29 AM #15 of 80
Hot - physically mature and developed beauty. Not to mean that pretty is lower, but "hot" is more about bodily proportions and looking like a sexual mature female.

Pretty - more juvenile features and cute attributes. I think it is just as good to be hot as it is pretty. Personally, I would rather settle down with a pretty girl but thats just me. Pretty is more about retaining the features that make a girl look cute.

Unfortunately, I didnt really outline the personality traits associated but I don't think "Hot" neccessarily has anything to do with "slutty" and definitely not all "pretty" girls are nice.

FELIPE NO
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 02:40 AM #16 of 80
To me, the difference between the two is that "pretty" girls try not to show as much skin, "hawt" on the other hand is the opposite, however, the win for me is a "cute" girl which is mainly depended on personallity as a whole.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 02:51 AM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 01:51 AM #17 of 80
Shit, I thought I was the only person who split girls into these teo types of groups. Glad to see I'm not alone.

My only difference is that attitude has nothing to do with it whatsoever. There can be hot girls that are totally nice, or cute girls that are totally bitchy. That's not usually the case, but I still base it totally on looks when considering if a girl is hot or cute.

Hot chicks are like the total package. They have a great body and an attractive face. Cute girls, on the other hand, still have great bodies (though their features are usually less, like small breasts, small butts, etc), but their sexiness lies mainly in their face. It's hard to explain, but their face just exudes cuteness, which attracts your attention more than their body does.

Personally, I like the cute ones better myself, though I have no problem with the hot ones either. Though I solely use looks to judge which of these categories a girl fits in, I usually judge how much I like a girl based on their personality.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Mojougwe
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 255

Level 20.88

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 03:39 AM #18 of 80
I believe 'hot' is directed to a more sexy degree of observation. Pretty is more directed towards 'well brought up' girls. Who can dress nicely/civilized, and not so much leaning towards sexy.

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 04:03 AM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 09:03 AM #19 of 80
I say neither. Cute > both of those.

Then again, I'd say "cute" would serve as a compromise between the two, so compromise it is.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Silent J
Chocobo

Member 1832

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 09:34 AM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 04:34 PM #20 of 80
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
Hot chicks are like the total package. They have a great body and an attractive face. Cute girls, on the other hand, still have great bodies (though their features are usually less, like small breasts, small butts, etc), but their sexiness lies mainly in their face. It's hard to explain, but their face just exudes cuteness, which attracts your attention more than their body does.
Nothing to add here. I completely agree with you.

How ya doing, buddy?
BlueEdge
Chocobo

Member 7460

Level 12.76

May 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 10:11 AM #21 of 80
I usually seperate girls into:
Hot: Looks really good, kinda party girl style.
and Cute: Attractive, very good.
I tend to like cute a lot more =D

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 02:57 PM #22 of 80
I associate "hot" with sexy, popular, and snobby. I think "hot" for me, is summed up as "girls I can't get". Anyone would tap hot girls because they look fine.

I associate "pretty" with cute, quaint, and nice. Consequently, "pretty" is for the kind of girl I probably can't get, but have infinitely more chance with than a "hot" girl. They'd be the nice girls that I could talk to and at the same time look inviting.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
ziggythecat
I like Chocolate Milk

Member 8650

Level 10.49

Jun 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 06:18 PM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 05:18 PM #23 of 80
i concur with with most when it's said that:

hot="damn I'd knock the back outta that!"

and

pretty="......" (that being speechless)

hot invokes your nuts while pretty invokes your brain. it's all about how the girl (in my case) is made up.

Over the top, skimpy, provacative clothing will bring out the "DAMN HOT my dick needs that" in the same girl that a conservative dress keeps on the "Oh my god she's gorgeous" level.

Hot is when I don't consider the female to be anything but booty, tits, cute face, legs that go on for miles and a snatch

Pretty is when there's all of the above plus a brain and a soul

FELIPE NO
I like your booty but I'm not gay.
CryHavoc
Catherine Bell <3

Member 8369

Level 18.10

Jun 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 06:58 PM Local time: Jun 22, 2006, 02:58 AM #24 of 80
I'll explain with examples :

Hot = Monica Bellucci , no wait MEGA HOT = Monica Bellucci

Cute = Jennifer Esposito/Jennifer Love-Hewitt

Pretty = Tiffany Amber Theissen / Charlize Theron

Those are opinions, but if you agree, you'll get what i mean.. O_o

How ya doing, buddy?
taytsay
Carob Nut

Member 1393

Level 5.51

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2006, 11:01 AM Local time: Jun 22, 2006, 11:01 AM #25 of 80
Most girls that are my really good friends are what I call pretty (or gorgeous, or cute, or good looking). However, they can be hot at times. Hotness takes makeup and good clothes. Prettiness is natural.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Hot vs. Pretty