Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Mad or sad?

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 02:56 PM #26 of 51
Originally Posted by Stealth
I'm neither. I don't get mad by people just randomly yelling at me for my fuckups, neither do I get sad. If certain things are said that push my buttons, I might get angry, but not to the point of rage.

I usually just let it roll off my back.
Actually it was more about the people that you care about. Not a perfect stranger, or even a boss.

If the woman you loved yelled at you, would your initial response be anger or sadness.

Its a different scenario when its about someone YOU care about.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Blanka
Syklis Green

Member 1209

Level 8.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:33 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 01:33 AM #27 of 51
I think I'm both.. I usually go through rage and sadness all at the same time. I don't cry, but you can tell I'm sad. I don't get angry very often, but it happens.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:47 AM #28 of 51
Hell, I'd be angry. It wouldn't be the fight-to-the-death kind of angry, but maybe more like steam shooting out of my ears (which sounds very uncomfortable). Usually, though, after I simmer down a bit, I become thoughtful. Obviously, if they yelled at me, I either did something to warrant it or they've blown something way of proportion. In either case, I need to figure out how to handle it. I usually don't show my anger, so the problem wouldn't really be escalated. If it did, there'd be a lot more to think about.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 01:11 AM #29 of 51
I'd get angry about it. Usually if the comment pertains to someone I care about, or it's something that telling me i'm fat. Usually, it's a joking thing, but I tend to take alot of things personally. Which is a bad thing sometimes.

How ya doing, buddy?
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 01:52 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 11:52 PM #30 of 51
I'm sad and mad at the same time. I'm smad. I actually cry when I'm yelled at, not because I'm so overrun with grief but because I'm just this ball of emotions that I can't control and I burst into tears. Then I'm so horrified that I'm crying that I cry even harder. God damn, it's disgusting.

Once I hit someone while crying. So, no I don't need no hug.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Nightshadow
Wark!

Member 1368

Level 1.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:19 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 12:19 AM #31 of 51
Well for me, if it's a friend, normally inside I feel kind of sad, but I pretend to be angry although in reality, sometimes I feel really alone as if I need a hug really badly....but, most people...actually, nobody yet...knows the inside me through my pretend yelling and everything. So, I guess you could say I'm kind of the type that crys or feels like they need a hug. But if it was someone I really really cared about/even loved, I'd probably end up crying.

FELIPE NO
Andy The Drew
Carob Nut

Member 1450

Level 5.19

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:16 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 12:16 PM #32 of 51
In my past, rather than react with anger or sadness, I withdraw and become more passive. Of course inside my head I'd be pissed off to a very strong degree.

These days, after learning of the damage that built up stress can do to a body, I lash right back out. Sometimes it's productive, sometimes it's not, but at least it makes me feel back in balance.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:26 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 12:26 PM #33 of 51
I usually get mad at first but within 1 hour or more I usually get sad.

Whenever someone makes me feel badly, I usually get mad first but soon afterward, I start to think about the good things I've had with or seen that person do (even people I hardly know).

I usually explode a bit but then it goes into sadness. It's VERY hard for me to keep a grudge.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by vuigun; Mar 4, 2006 at 03:21 PM.
Son of Wiseness
Chocobo

Member 367

Level 10.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:32 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 11:32 AM #34 of 51
I'm not the kind of person that gets hit and starts crying. If something like that does happen I fight back.

How ya doing, buddy?
Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:47 PM #35 of 51
I get defensive and onverly sarcastic, so I guess that would qualify as angry. I tend to fight fire with fire when it comes to people trying to make me feel bad. Why should I feel bad because of something one person said?

Baaah~
neus
You're getting slower!

Member 512

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:25 PM #36 of 51
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
I've recently noticed that there are two kinds of peoples' responses when it comes to getting yelled at or made to feel bad or humiliated.

Some people get really sad, want to cry, and seem to need a hug really badly.
Others get really angry and fight back, even through tears of uncontrollable anger.
Actually, neither. When someone yells at me, or insults me, I just feel humiliated and ashamed.
For example, I have a lab partner for programming assignments, and she's handed in the first assignment and got a 99. I've haded in the second one, and got a 91. Now, granted, the second assignment is much more difficult, but I felt ... ashamed and guilty and just overall horrible. She wasn't mad or anything - in fact she felt relieved because she couldn't figure out the last question, but I still felt like a failure.
I'm the kind of person that just gets red and looks in the ground if someone insults them or speaks harshly.
I try my best to avoid confrontation, but don't get me wrong. I'm not the kind of person who gets lovey dovey with an abusive person just to make it go away - I just can't handle yelling at people when they fuck up or yell at me.

Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 05:05 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 06:35 PM #37 of 51
I only get sad if a close friend or relative tried to insult me or yells at me. I just don't care when other people do it, after all... they know nothing about me. It is also a good skill, because I am in the customer service business, and trust me, they can get nasty at you.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 05:10 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 06:10 PM #38 of 51
I usually keep quiet and plot my sweet, sweet revenge.
Occasionally though, especially when I am arguing with my father, I get very outwardly angry, although tears of anger never come. I just get very hot-headed and feel rather destructive.

alhana
wrapped in taffeta

Member 732

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 06:59 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 01:59 AM #39 of 51
Definitely the first. I just can't deal with people yelling at me or whatever at all. I wish I could get mad, rather than just being so pathetic.

I can still get terribly mad though, often over some really stupid insignificant things.

FELIPE NO
SonicEchidna
Victory is mine!

Member 93

Level 9.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 07:15 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 12:15 AM #40 of 51
I usually get mad, and then feel sad a few moments later. Of course, this all depends on what the situation is that has made me feel so upset/angry/humiliated etc.

Sometimes I'll get really angry and punch something, although I try to make sure it's something soft, because hitting a brick wall doesn't exactly make me feel better. Hitting a pillow however, allows me to vent my frustration without seriously hurting anything or breaking a part of my body.

Most amazing jew boots
"Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but you're a total bitch."
- Stewie Griffin
ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:36 PM #41 of 51
I don't usually get the polar extremes of either, but I think for the most part I sort of meet it in the middle. it's rare that I'm in an arguement with someone, but if I am it's usually that I'd fight back [in my own not-so-ragey way] for the time being, and then need a hug afterwards as I reflect.

I suppose I'll have to fight with people more often to have a real answer though :'D

DeLorean
1.21 GIGAWATTS?!

Member 133

Level 28.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:46 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 11:46 AM #42 of 51
I'm actually neither, I suppose you could call me passive-agressive. Just yesterday, my ex-girlfriend yelled at my face, hit me as hard as she could, and threw my laptop against the wall. The whole time I just looked at her, and I think she was actually kinda scared!

EmpyreanHorizon
The cow is stuck...

Member 2562

Level 6.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 11:10 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 12:10 AM #43 of 51
Originally Posted by Delorean
I'm actually neither, I suppose you could call me passive-agressive. Just yesterday, my ex-girlfriend yelled at my face, hit me as hard as she could, and threw my laptop against the wall. The whole time I just looked at her, and I think she was actually kinda scared!
Dude, that's freaky. My dad's passive agressive, does that 'indifference act' and it does scare the heck out of me.

Usually, I definitely get sad first. Mad comes a split second later but, depending on the person (and their authority), I usually keep it in until i find a better time to let out my steam. It's not always good for the people I hang around when I rant but hey, misery loves company.

xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 11:41 AM #44 of 51
It depends on the gravity of the situation for me.

If it is something extreme, I will be sad first because I'm not expecting the shock/surprise. However, after thinking about the problem over time, I get mad if I realize I did nothing wrong. That's when I'll go back to the person and retaliate.

Schadenfreude
grave danger

Member 819

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 07:06 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 08:06 PM #45 of 51
Usually, when stuff like this happens to me I tend to become sad first off. No, I don't end up crying or obsessing over it (unless it's something REALLY major) but I do end up thinking about it during moments of introspection and angst.

However, most of the time I end up turning said sadness into some sort of anger. Which I sometimes proceed to express in various ways to people that usually don't have any connection to the shit that made me angry in the first place. I don't go and yell at people for no reason though. Usually I just talk about the in slightly more animated and emotional (the emotion being anger/rage) ways than usual. That's if I decide to talk about it -- usually when it comes to this stuff I don't.

I vary rarely end up confronting the person that "hurt" me when I'm mad/sad.. I try and keep a clear, "sober" mind when I do confront/talk to said person. At least, most of the time. I very rarely fight fire with fire these days.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Schadenfreude; Mar 13, 2006 at 07:10 AM.
Dyesan
hey YOU!

Member 1790

Level 17.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 05:41 PM #46 of 51
Sad most of the time, I guess, to a certain extent. Then I remember there's probably nothing more important in life than happiness, and feeling the exact opposite is simply foolish.

jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 07:18 PM #47 of 51
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
Actually it was more about the people that you care about. Not a perfect stranger, or even a boss.

If the woman you loved yelled at you, would your initial response be anger or sadness.

Its a different scenario when its about someone YOU care about.
This thread isn't in 'angst' so I'm not going to go too much in details but I'm in a situation like that. My friend is hurting me and it's making me really sad.
My mind is starting to tell me that she's doing it intentionally so my sadness is turning to anger. I'm so angry that I can say that I'm starting to hate her but I still care about her so much. I guess I'm tired of crying inside and my new approach is anger over sadness.

FELIPE NO
Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 08:20 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 08:20 PM #48 of 51
I usually feel disappointment or disgust for the aggressor, but if they hit me hard (figuratively or literally), I get angry, but I force my psyche to turn it in to saddness. Anger tends to blind, and I can stay focused and compose myself easier through saddness.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 08:41 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 08:41 PM #49 of 51
It depends on how justified the person is. If their reasons for yelling at me are absolutely ridiculous, then I usually either get irritated or really angry. I don't get mad very often, but when I do, it's a scary sight. I'm not very good at holding back my anger, but then again, I rarely have to.

On the other hand, if I deserved it, I'm probably not going to get mad. Maybe sad.

I'd say that most of my reactions fall into the irritation category, mostly because half of what is being said to me is just plain stupid.

"It's your fault! You know (insert an-arbitrary-fact-out-of-a-million-others here)! You're a failure!" I could seriously get blamed for a tree blowing away because I didn't nail it down.

I'm generally a rather happy person though.

Last edited by elwe; Mar 14, 2006 at 08:47 PM.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 11:54 PM #50 of 51
I get sad and suck it up like a sponge and then I think that I must have done some little thing wrong and keep thinking about it. Then I get mad behind the person's back just cursing to myself about how dumb the other person is. It gets really hard to let go of it until a week later which sucks for me.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Mad or sad?