Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Have you been bullied before?

echsos
Carob Nut

Member 2145

Level 4.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 03:25 PM #26 of 77
I used to be made fun of and bullied back in middle school because I was small and the only asian kid in my class. Come high school I got into brazilian jiujitsu, wrestling, and weight lifting and the bullying stopped alltogether from there. Puberty and exercise helped a lot. By the end of my sophomore year I gained 30 pounds of muscle (155 pounds if you're curious) and benched 225. It all started in the weight room when kids would watch me bench. Pretty soon word got around and no one talked shit to me again.

Although the bullying has stopped I still get hit with racial jokes by one of my 'friends'. He makes fun of my parents and it pissed the fuck out of me. Other than that I think all the trashtalking has stopped.

Sorry if it seems like a lot of bragging or I strike myself as arrogant. I'm actually just proud of the way I turned out .

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 03:51 PM #27 of 77
I was taunted and teased for being overweight - but I finally snapped in fourth grade and ended up breaking 4 of the kid's ribs Needless to say, after he got out of the hospital, he didn't fuck with me anymore. (The best part about it was that I managed to convince our school principal that I thought we were playing tag, and I didn't mean to shove him into the curb of the sidewalk, got off scott free ).

After I moved to the middle east, the bullying ended.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Chaco
Pirate Day

Member 766

Level 9.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:15 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 10:15 AM #28 of 77
Not really come to think of it. All through Elementary School I was hot shit and same with Middle School. When I got into High School, I was an asshole trouble maker and no one fucked with that. Now I only get messed with by my close friends who do it all in fun cause they see how oddly weird I am once they get to know me.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
A4: IN THE DUNGEONS OF THE SLAVE LORDS
6C. Kobold's Kitchen

Member 773

Level 21.70

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 03:56 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 03:56 AM #29 of 77
Does being beaten almost daily by no less than three unrelated groups of peers ranging in size from 3 to 6 throughout most of grade school count? Or perhaps the general scorn and stigmatisation from the entirety of people I went to school with except for a few of the band people up until about 8th grade? Yeah I'm not bitter. Course almost strangling another student to death did make people stop attacking me perhaps I should have done it earlier.

But really it doen't matter now as that's far behind me and if you let that shit effect your life even on down the road then you have no one but yourself to blame. After all the people who did it were stupid kids then and have gotten well past that point holding onto whatever hate or fear of people that they knocked into you isn't even letting them win anymore as they really don't give a shit or possibly they even regret it at this point.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Lady, I was gonna cut you some slack, cause you're a major mythological figure but now you've just gone nuts!
schneider
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2900

Level 2.74

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 05:00 AM #30 of 77
I've been bullied and been a bully to a certain degree in my life but as of now im a passive sorta person

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
xuemin
Syklis Green

Member 248

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 07:07 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 12:07 PM #31 of 77
i've been 'bullied' before, but since it was a upper class girls school it was nothing physically or visual, ie people would exclude me from their groups or conversations, just ignored me if i tried to join in, bitch about people who you've sat with in class or talked to etc. but they seemed to grow out of it by the last two years of school when they realised that i could understand all the stuff we were learning without tutors and studying my arse off. it was a big change for me, since back in primary school i guess i could be called the bully due to fame from having the highest marks in school.

FELIPE NO
Son of Wiseness
Chocobo

Member 367

Level 10.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 07:32 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 06:32 AM #32 of 77
Haven't we all? I'm a bit short for my age so when I was smaller kids used to tease me about that, although I didn't really care for some reason.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Prime Blue
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1319

Level 20.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 08:12 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 02:12 PM #33 of 77
Used to be bullied in 8th grade by a single person (really fat and strong) but for no real reason. He always put me into a closet and leaned against it which made it impossible to escape because he was three times heavier than earth. That was a really bad period in my life. I didn't want to go to school anymore but fortunately I managed to do so. Over the course of the time it became better as I succeeded in establishing a "fake friendship" with him.

And I was semi-bullied in 9th grade for getting off with my best friend quite publicly. I didn't care about showing others I'm gay because I didn't even know how it's like to be gay back then - although I never really told anyone of them. But playing footsie with other boys made it pretty obvious I guess. There were no real bad reactions, just a "fag" being shouted at me here and there but nothing I couldn't deal with. The only consequence is that I'm not publicly gay anymore because I'm afraid of negative sanctions - but I'm willing to change that soon.

Yesterday a friend told me that one of her classmates has been taken into a psychiatry because of being bullied in secondary school. She said that she didn't even know her real name, she was just known as "google eyes" ("Glubschi" in German, the short term for "Glubschauge"). She never seemed to be affected by it - she was like "Say what you want, bro, I'll do my thing no matter what". But the feelings she tried to swamp out accumulated in her subconciousness and broke out not too long ago (she didn't go into detail so I don't know why she was taken into the psychiatry).

Jam it back in, in the dark.
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 09:06 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 01:06 AM #34 of 77
Yeh, most of the bullying I experienced in Primary School came from the fact that I was Asian, smart and not into the "cool" stuff. I was also nerdy.

In high school, however, no one picked on me. Sure there was the occasional verbal assault but nothing much. I kept thinking, "I'll be in an office collecting your tax while you clean my toilets" or something like that. Strangely though, I managed to get out of these occasional verbal assaults.

It was one day when my Sony fanboy friends were bagging Nintendo. Now, I'm not a Nintendo fanboy but their reasons for hating Nintendo were ridiculous. And because I owned a Nintendo system (the 64) they started bagging me. Although I could usually bite my anger for some reason I smashed one of the guys' face and he went to hospital.

The next day, the "Big Bully" of the year level came and had a chat with me: "You wanna join us?" Thankfully I was smart enough to say no, which also stopped the bullying.

Keeping a low profile with people knowing the true extent of your anger helps... but obviously it'll get people expelled so don't do what I did. Luckily I never had any record of bad behaviour so my school let me go and they suspended the guy I smashed .

Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 09:16 AM #35 of 77
The only people who ever bullied me were fat kids and edders who stayed back like 12 times. After I started working out, and regularly winning high school weightlifting competitions, that kind of stopped happening. My advice to any skinny guy who gets picked on is to work out. Don't lift weight's until you're 15 or it might stunt your growth, but do something like pushups or whatever.

Another thing - don't be afraid to take a swing at a bully. 9 times out of 10 it will probably end in you getting hurt, but then what encounter with a bully doesn't? The difference is that after that encounter, he'll find someone else to screw with.

Vivace119
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1279

Level 21.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 09:21 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 03:21 PM #36 of 77
I have never been seriously bullied. Sure there have been events where I have been excluded by people socially and subjected to the occasional verbal abuse. However it is no way as serious as some of the stories i have heard in which people have been beaten daily by a group of people.

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:03 AM #37 of 77
Never had it that bad. I was fine in all of elementary school because people always thought I was smart.
In Grade 9 and 10 though I got a locker in one of the corner areas that not much people go by, and then there were there these two guys that just started to hate me because I was so weird (I did stupid stuff like wanting to button my shirt all the way up for some reason) and I ate lunch by myself all the time. They did stuff only once each time like blocking my locker, trying to put a sign on my back during a lunch period, and taking my books. That changed when I somehow made it onto Student Council in Grade 11 and I started to know more genuinely friendly people.
University totally put bullying aside, since everyone's so nice!

kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:58 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 10:58 PM #38 of 77
When I was younger I was quite pudgy so I got picked on a lot. I think from 3rd - 7th grade, I really received the bulk of it and it was really hard on me. It was typical, I was called fat and ugly but I was never physically hit or anything, just name calling. I lost weight when I hit 8th grade and puberty so it stopped then.

I remember this one boy that simply tortured me in 5th grade. We were neighbors and had the same classroom and he was relentless, to the point of cruelty. I didn't see him for years and ran into him in a 12th grade Calculus class we had together and remember it took him like 10 minutes to have it sink in it was me. Ironically he gained massive amounts of weight in his adulthood (he had no neck at this point) so it was a bit of sweet revenge.

I really think bullying keeps on all through life, except for people saying shit to your face as kids, they talk behind your back as an adult. We've all done it, it's another form a bullying but just in a more discreet manner.

cos360
binary troglodyte

Member 2561

Level 2.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 04:50 AM #39 of 77
I have two stories: I was five and these boys tried to bully me. They found out what a bad move that was when they ended up with my fists in their faces, and my ass down at the principal's office. Ah well. They never approached me again.

In Grade 4, I had shorts with the alphabet printed on them. The boy across the road made fun of me. Big deal, I says to myself. Then he starts making fun of my sister and that really riles me up. She was really small then. I go back to my house, threatening to come back with a pound of rope (I actually couldn't find any so I settled for a skipping rope :eyebrow: ) to whoop his ass with.

By the time I came back, my sister was about ready to cry because the boy brought his brother too. I guess to intimidate us. Anyway, I ended up whipping his ass with the damn rope, and the freakin' guy ran away. I think he was embarrassed that I actually hit and hurt him, and his brother was there to witness his humiliation. Ha ha!!

Poor weapon choice, but hey, you work with what you got.

Funny how violent I was then.

FELIPE NO
Before you criticize someone,
You should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them,
You're a mile away and you have their shoes.

tu me fais rire :lolsign:
Circle-K
Do it to it!

Member 3124

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 09:39 AM #40 of 77
Yeah, I was bullied about four times when I was younger, but since hitting puberty, I've never had a bully.

Plus I've become mostly immune to verbal assaults, so having bullies actually helped account for something.

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 09:53 AM #41 of 77
Of course I was bullied. If any of you knew me back then, you would have bullied me too! I was a precious, skinny, cute little blonde girl who always wore dresses and patent leather shoes to school. I was extremely shy and I was brought up in this hideously WHITE and RICH small town.

All the girls had fancy shit, like ponies and stuff (seriously). They picked on me because I climbed trees, threw worms, and played in the dirt.

I eventually stopped crying about it. I got a little meaner, a little tougher, and more bitter. Too bad I moved to Eastbumfuck before I could really tell of those bastards off.

When I moved to Putnam, CT, I was essentially the bad girl. I remained the bad girl for years. I guess I learned not to trust chicks. ^_^

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Vivace119
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1279

Level 21.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:58 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 05:58 PM #42 of 77
The worst type of people (that I have encountered) are the kind that pretend to be your friend to cover up their actions which may be physical or verbal assault.

As someone earlier in the thread mentioned: they form an uneasy friendship with you. In a group conversation they will mock everything you say and twist everything you say into a joke. If you act offended they will claim it is a joke, yet there is something sinister about the fact that all conversations with this person are built around their joke, with you.

It is the most subtle method of bullying around. Luckily I have only encountered it a couple of times.

Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 01:04 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 12:04 PM #43 of 77
In elementary school and middle school I was picked on a lot because I was so short for my age. This usually resulted in me hitting a break point where I'd end up pumelling some giant kid in the middle of class. Then it'd be 2 weeks straight of sessions with the school counselor and the principal to show me that "violence wasn't the answer." I'd try to explain to them that punching a bully in the face about 6 times usually yielded the results that I wanted. After a bloody nose and a fat lip, a bully is sure to steer clear of you. Afterwards if you mouth off to them and rub it in, it makes it all the more sweet. In turn you become the bully. Nothing like being the short kid talking shit to all the 5'4" 6th grade giants.

In high school it pretty much stopped as most of the kids who were bullies stopped growing at about 8th grade and never got taller than 5'7" which was awesome. Then all the ex-bullies go out of their way to be good friends with you. I ran into a guy that I'd punched out in 5th grade about a year ago... nicest guy in the world.

CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 01:24 PM #44 of 77
Quote:
The only people who ever bullied me were fat kids and edders who stayed back like 12 times. After I started working out, and regularly winning high school weightlifting competitions, that kind of stopped happening. My advice to any skinny guy who gets picked on is to work out. Don't lift weight's until you're 15 or it might stunt your growth, but do something like pushups or whatever.

Another thing - don't be afraid to take a swing at a bully. 9 times out of 10 it will probably end in you getting hurt, but then what encounter with a bully doesn't? The difference is that after that encounter, he'll find someone else to screw with.
Amen to that. But instead of getting beat up. IT was the other way around . Then I was the bully. Hehe..

Azral
Tyrant Rave!

Member 869

Level 6.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 03:19 PM #45 of 77
I got bullied a lot in middle school... at one point a guy held a knife to my throat in the middle of the hall right in front of everyone and said "Who thinks this little faggot should die today?"

but now that I think about it, I'm kinda glad that I got bullied, it molded me into someone a lot kinder than what I would have been. I ended up being friends with almost everyone in my later years of highschool.

Vida Eterna
Carob Nut

Member 3058

Level 4.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 03:33 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 08:33 PM #46 of 77
I think it's something that everyone goes through at some point or another - some more than other's though. I guess I could say that I was bullied quite a bit at school, especially during the awkward teenage years. Afterall, I was the skinny greasy-haired kids with the acne so it's little surprise.

And yeah I guess it did make me feel bad during that time. School was something I detested for that very reason - especially in Phys Ed class.

But hey, it's something we go through you just have to realise that it wont go on for ever! I wouldn't say that it's had a lasting effect on me so I suppose I didn't get it that badly. It was hard for me to be confident for awhile but I wouldn't say I have confidence issues anymore!

NYRSkate
Happy Hour in Hell's Sports Bar

Member 4

Level 18.19

Feb 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 03:36 PM #47 of 77
If you're having trouble in gym class, I suggest a different form of physical education. Be forewarned, though: It could run you up to $100 an hour based on the property value of the street corner and/or what she's willing to do to you. If it's worth the money not to be called a name or two, I say go for it.

FELIPE NO
<Mercarios> I voted for hut hut, because it's a superior track, but you gotta draw a line between having fun and going too far
Plarom

I'm too busy being delicious.

Member 216

Level 27.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 03:40 PM #48 of 77
Lets see.. When I was in elementary school I was pretty chubby and had buck-teeth. Not many people would pick on me, but when they did, I'd take it pretty badly. I actually tried becoming a bully myself, but the first time I got in trouble for it (1st grade) I knew I'd never try it again. I was too much of a nice guy even back then..

The next issue I had with bullying was maaany years later, in early high school. I was a freshman in a junior-level French class, and for some reason a whole bunch of white chicks would constantly poke me, toss things at me, and simply try to get on my nerves. One day I just completely lost it and flipped my desk over, screaming at the top of my lungs, "Who the FUCK do you think you are?! You stupid bitches, touch me one more time and I swear I'll send you home in goddamn bodybag!!"

It was a liberating moment and was probably the angriest I've ever been in my entire life. The older folks in the class all said, "I wouldn't be able to put up with that. If I was him, I would have done the very same thing."

By the end of my high school career, all of those girls were good friends of mine. They often joked about that moment, actually.

Originally Posted by Azral
But now that I think about it, I'm kinda glad that I got bullied, it molded me into someone a lot kinder than what I would have been. I ended up being friends with almost everyone in my later years of highschool.
The only bullying I have to put up with today is done by my close friends. They taunt me by calling me the "whitest black guy" they've ever known. Keep in mind, these are both my black and white friends..

Observant Provisions | [adult swim]
"Dude, this is gonna.. Man, this is gonna wicked, like, really hurt."
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 02:04 AM #49 of 77
Originally Posted by Plarom
They taunt me by calling me the "whitest black guy" they've ever known. Keep in mind, these are both my black and white friends..
I've been accused of this as well. Why do they do that to us?

I think when bullies back off is when they see they can't intimidate you anymore. Or at least that's what my family has always told me.

How ya doing, buddy?
Bobbet
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2080

Level 2.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:06 AM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 10:06 AM #50 of 77
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
I wasn't bullied anymore after I got contact lenses and boobs, but before that, was I ever. I was basically the skinniest, ugliest, most-boyish looking kid ever. I had coke-bottle glasses, super short hair, the works...and most of the girls hated me, for some reason.
Heh, that sounds like me from ages 8-16. I was a late bloomer. People didn't just pick on me because of the way I look, but also my social status (we were poor in the first few years of my life). I suppose I vented my anger by beating up boys in elementary school. After getting contact lenses and losing baby fat at 16, people started talking to me and I became cynical. I'm a lot nicer to people nowadays, but I still don't trust many people very much.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Have you been bullied before?