Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Ever had a dream that came true?

Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 04:57 PM #26 of 62
I suppose if I remembered my dreams more clearly, then this might have been true, but with each passing dream becoming a hazy vision, I can't actually confirm it.

But...

There are some things that stick in my head, just certain instances in time of my dream that seemed to correlate to something happening in real life. (Deja vu apparantly). It may have happened in the exact same way in my dream at that moment, but I'm not sure since I can't clearly remember my dream. But that instant something happened, it triggered something in my thought. Just feels familiar even if I know that nothing even close to that ever happened.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Quiksilva
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10564

Level 2.50

Aug 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 07:39 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 10:39 PM #27 of 62
Not sure if completely relevant, but I had a dream just last night about an event happening. The next day it turned out not to be true.

The situation was kind of strange. Yesterday the school subject prize announcements came out. I had a dream about someone else snatching the prize (I was half-expecting to receive it). Luckily I'm not prophetic and it turned out I was awarded the subject prize.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dekoa
Is now the Tolkein Red Shirt.

Member 194

Level 28.24

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 08:15 AM #28 of 62
Well For me I've had a few times where I had a dream and months or years later, it would come true. For instance

One time Me and my mom were playing pinball out in the garage (Cybernaut, an old pinbal machine). It was my turn and I was doing very well against my mother, when Suddenly I remembered the scene and I lost the ball because of that epiphany. I remember dreaming that same scene years ago.

I usually don't have dreams, but the ones I have are either perfect for games, or predictions of the future.

How ya doing, buddy?
Dekoa's Friend Quote: "You can't rape the Willing!"

night_zen
mesmerized by the sirens

Member 14395

Level 1.02

Oct 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 04:16 AM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 11:16 AM #29 of 62
Smile

A Dream Within A Dream

Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow-
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand-
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep- while I weep!
O God! can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

Edgar Allan Poe

I was speaking idiomatically.
none of this is real
Aquas
Oh, Nall...

Member 4590

Level 13.98

Apr 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 04:19 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 03:19 AM #30 of 62
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?

---

I like this enquiry... Is the matter of hope less in a dream? Or is it equivalent, or more vital in reality, the sense of hope?

Anyway. I haven't experienced much of dreams coming true.

But, I dream't that I had licked my former girlfriend's cheek. We hung out later that night of the day I awoke from the dream, and as we were picking up her friend I sided over in the passenger seat and licked her cheak. And told her it happened in a dream of mine. Is that romantic, or what? Fulfilling the matter of my own dreams through personal action?

She said,

"Yeah, that's cool."

Our relationship was not very fruitful at all, unfortunatly.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
In your dreams, magical thoughts
All things are real, unless you dream they're not
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 10:33 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 09:33 AM #31 of 62
There are two aspects in which this is true for me.

One is the dream to deja-vu experience. I have a dream, events happen in an exact sequence and usually it's something mundane... then within a month of the dream, that thing happens. The first few times freaked me out so bad I felt sick and panicked. Then I decided in order to avoid that panicked feeling, I would screw with it, do something to totally interrupt the flow of the "scene" whenever I saw it coming. I think it's become somewhat of a habit now, because I've not had any deja-vu for about 6 months now - either I just don't notice when it's coming on and I kill it, or it's not happening anymore which makes me kind of sad, like Spider-man losing his powers. Either way.

The other is more abstract and sudden. I'll have a strong urge to say or do something, but I don't know why usually. However I've learned not to ignore this, because of one incident where I had this incredible urge to keep my girlfriend at the time there, talking to me, for just ten seconds longer, and to say "Hey... be extra careful. Drive safe" (even though she ALWAYS drives safe and I never say that to her) and then as I'm driving down the road two minutes later, I see her pulled over to the side of the road with another car. I learned she'd rear-ended someone. Most people will tell you, it takes three to five seconds to get in an accident, sometimes less. If she had stayed and talked with me ten more seconds it's very possible she wouldn't have hit the car or even been in that same group of cars at all. She may or may not have driven more safely if I told her to drive safe, but because of all of that, I decided I'd never blindly disobey a strong urge again - unless it was selfish or could cause harm to myself or others.

FELIPE NO
Plainsman
Caribbean Cat

Member 14706

Level 7.34

Oct 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 02:42 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 04:42 AM #32 of 62
Originally Posted by DarkLink2135
Anyway, I named it "Woo" because I couldn't say "Woobie" at the time, my parents told me that was from some movie, only that was what the kid named his blanket or something.
That movie is "Mr. Mom," starring Michael Keaton, if you're interested. It's a good movie, and was land-breaking at the time due to the perceptions of stay-at-home Dads and working Mom's in those days.

Originally Posted by Yume
I've been experiencing this ever since I was little. Now I either think its a case of deja vu or that I really did dream it.

The events that I did dream came true when I was young and don't happen much these days.
It seems to be the same for me. I had "Deja Vu's" often as a kid, but not so much anymore. I still get them once or twice a year. Like Ayos, they're usually mundane events, like a conversation or just riding in a car. They usually involve someone else.

My most vivid example: When I was four I had a dream of looking out a door into a strange hall and seeing a man dressed all in black, who I saw as someone who would hurt me. A few months later, my family took a trip to New Orleans, and as soon as we got off the elevator I knew that this was the hall in my dream, and I got very apprehensive. The next day, I was in the hotel room alone for some reason, I was scared and wanted to find my parents, I looked out the door and saw the same man trying to get into the next room.

Most of my Deja Vu's fade away, but I can remember that one clearly. The yellowish tan paint, the golden light fixtures, the carpeting in the hall, the man... It may have been my first Deja Vu, and its certainly my most memorable.

I don't know why they seem to happen more to children. Maybe the stresses and worries of adulthood crowd them out of your brain. Maybe the child's brain is more plastic, still forming new connections, and more susceptible to Deja Vu dreams. Or maybe we're more gullible as children and we're just fooling ourselves into thinking we've dreamed an event before. Many will say it's just a figment of your imagination, but it's happened to me so many times I'm inclinded to believe that they are real.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Lost_solitude
stop stealing my "me time"

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 05:38 PM Local time: Nov 6, 2006, 12:38 PM #33 of 62
Originally Posted by Kazyl
Can't say I've experienced this. My dreams don't exactly operate in the realm of reality.[/i]
I'm with this guy. This is why i have never experianced a night terror inmy life. My dreams wont let themmselves seem real enough without something wacked out and fake screws it all up. These usualy lead to lucid dreams so instead of an evil group of demons about to kill me, I end up going dragon ball z or matrix on them and i win everytime.

I do remember one that was half real and the real half actualy happend the night after. I have a younger brother and he used to go to this youth center and it's dances. I had a dream once that is was very late and he wasn't home yet. My mom began yelling for us to go get him(this was years ago). I took the long way and when i got there he had already left. the rest was like matrix and darkness falls put together. The next night my brother was at one of those dances and it was late. We had to go get him because he was late like in the dream. We went the quik and smartest way this time and met up with him. Anyway we all made it home fine without the matrix and darkness falls. Damned reality.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
MatthewVi
Wark!

Member 12852

Level 3.52

Sep 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 08:30 AM Local time: Nov 10, 2006, 09:30 PM #34 of 62
well i had a dreams which happen to know the coming lottery number ! but it never work .. grrr

Most amazing jew boots
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:14 AM #35 of 62
I remember at my old elementary school, they had green slips. Basically, you got written up if you got in trouble, and those write ups were called green slips at the time.

I don't remember the specifics in the dream, but I remember in the end getting one. As it were, that day in class, I got one. Basically, a "friend" of mine picked up his pencil and hit mine in front of the teacher several times to get me to have a pencil fight with him. I just stood there. The teacher thought we were pencil fighting(that I standing there was fighting back I guess....) and hence had us write this up on a green slip.

Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:27 AM Local time: Nov 10, 2006, 12:57 PM #36 of 62
multiple times, I've had visions in my dreams that came true sometime soon after or even later in life, one vision I had came true two years later about an incident in my school. odd how much we take these unknown visions for granted sometimes thoug isn't it?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

You know what? you just might be full enough of shit to apply for congress
Leveless
Banned

Member 15214

Level 4.94

Nov 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 11:52 AM Local time: Nov 10, 2006, 08:52 AM #37 of 62
I had a dream that came true. I dreamed that I had sex. Then I eventually had sex.

Leveless
Banned

Member 15214

Level 4.94

Nov 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 06:30 PM Local time: Nov 10, 2006, 03:30 PM #38 of 62
Originally Posted by Yamamanama
Was it self-fulfilling or no?
In a way, yes. I lost my virginity to someone I loved more than I will ever love again. She was the only one I ever dreamed about being with. It was definitely a dream come true in both senses of the phrase. As you may be able to imagine, nothing in life has topped the experience. Nothing has been more painful and confusing than losing her either. Yes. Very fulfilling. Through the internal struggle, I found an unparalleled peace of mind and I rekindled the sense of self I had neglected and an integrity that I have not compromised since.

Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 11:50 PM Local time: Nov 11, 2006, 02:50 PM #39 of 62
Only once, I think. Before I started high school I had a dream that I met this person. I remembered their appearance and personality in great detail. Then, when I did start high school, I met that exact same person on, say, my second week there. I was taken aback at first and they were wondering why the hell I was staring at them, my mouth agape.

FELIPE NO
snoopy4e4
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 15894

Level 1.21

Nov 2006

Old Nov 24, 2006, 08:19 PM #40 of 62
well, ive had dreams that came true with the same people except different time and location

tylermoore
Carob Nut

Member 13292

Level 3.93

Sep 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:56 PM #41 of 62
i experienced it but a dream is no diff from real life experience. lets say u had a good day or had happy thoughts then u would sorta over exaderate the happy thought. also if u horny throught day u end up having sex dreams 0.0 lolz

i have had a dream where i looking at somtin odd for 5 mins then 1 year l8er i see it again

im not a nerd but i want to work for microsoft and make things like games tech make good money have a wife big place happy children and a dog
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 11:04 PM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 10:04 PM #42 of 62
Originally Posted by tylermoore
i experienced it but a dream is no diff from real life experience. lets say u had a good day or had happy thoughts then u would sorta over exaderate the happy thought. also if u horny throught day u end up having sex dreams 0.0 lolz

i have had a dream where i looking at somtin odd for 5 mins then 1 year l8er i see it again
I experienced it, but a dream is no different from real life experience. Say you has a good day or had happy thoughts then you would sort of exaggerate the happy thought. Also if you're horny through the day, you wind up having sex dreams. Laughing Out Loud.

God, you're such a fucking retarded little headcase. That doesn't stand with modern dream theory at all. Don't talk anymore. You're a failure.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

AGO9

Member 17645

Level 1.86

Dec 2006

Old Dec 31, 2006, 06:19 PM #43 of 62
I have had a sense of deja vu though. Can't recall a specific incident but I've had times where I'd be in an area and will have a strong conviction that I've been there before. I'd recognize some key objects and familiar pathways but then I'll realize Oh right. I've never been here before. I just remember dreaming about it.
I have had that before too. Once in a while, I have had dreams that years down the line they actually happened in reality.
Why not just write down your dreams in a notebook, that works for me.

Tomahawk
Toma

Member 17600

Level 6.82

Dec 2006

Old Dec 31, 2006, 09:20 PM #44 of 62
I hardly ever dream anymore, but dreams in the past that I remember were either fucked up dreams that made no sense at all, or else nightmares.

When I was a kid I had re-occuring nightmares of the number "1" coming into my dream, like midway through it. It would get right into my vision, almost in my face. Then it would just poke me over and over, with a rather chilling sound every time it made the poke. I couldn't do anything about it, just watch it happen and then wake up with fright. This nightmare of course has been lost, because I believe I would massacre the shit out of it had I ever dreamed about it again. Hopefully this orange-reddish "1" figure has nightmares of ME now.

To answer the title, NOPE. I've never had a dream that came true. It's of my best interest that I keep my dreams apart from reality, but like I said - dreams are rare for me.

Another nightmare I've had, I have to ask you all. Have any of you had this nightmare of sliding off a cliff and falling off, only to wake up scared AFTER you've fallen into that sky of ... nothing?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Tomahawk; Dec 31, 2006 at 09:28 PM.
Tomahawk
Toma

Member 17600

Level 6.82

Dec 2006

Old Jan 4, 2007, 07:08 PM #45 of 62
Why hasn't anyone replied to this?

kinkymagic
I made more lousy pictures than any actor in history.

Member 1409

Level 16.87

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2007, 01:50 PM Local time: Jan 6, 2007, 06:50 PM #46 of 62
My dreams are odd, not because they are bizarre but because they often contain specific narratives.

“When I slap you you'll take it and like it.”
parKbench
chunin

Member 17747

Level 13.94

Jan 2007

Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:36 PM #47 of 62
When I was a kid, I had a dream about the end of the world. Everyone was gone. I was standing on the side of a deserted highway. There were no cars, or anything. It was absolutely quiet. I remember in my dream looking up and down the highway and not seeing another soul. It was a weird dream, but I soon forgot it.

Years later, my parents got divorced and my father and I got a place together. Just moving in, I took a walk around to get my bearings. A large highway ran in front of our development. I walked over to the side of it and looked up and down the highway and BAM it hit me (no, not a car) it was the exact highway and scene from the dream I had had when I was a little kid. Needless to say, I was freaked out!

On the good side, the end of the world hasn't happened....yet.

Most amazing jew boots
Drexlerfan22
Chrono Freak

Member 2116

Level 4.31

Mar 2006

Old Jan 30, 2007, 12:38 AM Local time: Jan 30, 2007, 12:38 AM #48 of 62
Yes... many times. Though only in one specific kinda way. And that is that I have dreams about what players will end up with my favorite sports teams, or what teams players on my favorite sports teams will end up on. It's weeeiiiiiiird. It doesn't happen with anything else. I hardly ever dream either!

I can't even remember most of them anymore, but my favorite teams are the Houston Rockets, Dallas Cowboys, and Baltimore Ravens... I dreamed that the Rockets drafted Yao Ming two years before it happened, I dreamed that they would sign Jeff Van Gundy as their coach, I dreamed that Hakeem would end up on another team to end his career, back when no one thought that would ever happen (I admit I dreamed it was the Mavs, so I wasn't 100% accurate there). I dreamed that the Cowboys would trade for Joey Galloway, and that they would sign Eddie George. I dreamed the Ravens would get Steve McNair, and I dreamed that Terrell Suggs would miraculously fall into their laps on draft day.

Feel free to express your own WRONG opinion!
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Jan 30, 2007, 02:39 AM Local time: Jan 30, 2007, 09:39 AM #49 of 62
I experienced it, but a dream is no different from real life experience. Say you has a good day or had happy thoughts then you would sort of exaggerate the happy thought. Also if you're horny through the day, you wind up having sex dreams. Laughing Out Loud.

God, you're such a fucking retarded little headcase. That doesn't stand with modern dream theory at all. Don't talk anymore. You're a failure.
HAHAHA best post ever. If only for the infinite /color tags at the end of the post.

As for the topic, most of my dreams are very "fantastic" (flying, huge fist-fights, superpowers, murders, monsters and so on), but occasionally I'll have a dream that's so realistic that I don't know afterwards if it was a dream or a memory. Some of those dreams come true later. Which I guess makes sense probabilistically.

For instance I had one dream where I was riding my bike down a street and a car drove by me very fast, causing me to twist the steer and crash into the sidewalk.

A few months later, this exact thing happened. The only thing that was different from the dream was that the dream was during a misty day (very light), and my accident was late at night coming home from a party (very dark). I ended up with a broken bone in my hand.

Most other "realistic" dreams that I have are far more trivial than this. They just involve things like a long-lost friend coming back into town or so. They don't always come true either.

Leonheart

Member 2684

Level 2.38

Mar 2006

Old Feb 6, 2007, 10:00 AM Local time: Feb 7, 2007, 02:00 AM #50 of 62
I also had many Deja Vous experiences as a child, nothings major just i would wake up remembering a few seconds of a classroom scene say someone walking across a room then a specific person raising their hand and maybye the first word that came out of their mouth, and it would play out exactly as I saw it in my dream. I had a lot or reoccuring mightmares as a child as well. Such as waking up in the middle of the night and seeing a red faced demon looking through my window and being so frightened that i lost the ability to speak. Another was where I would look into a mirror and the entire room would darken so i could only barely see my reflection but my eyes stood out glowing like fiery embers, smouldering away, and I rememebr thinking that they were the eyes of satan. I was a very troubled sleeper as a child even fearfull to go to bed for what i would see when i went to sleep but I think i have forgotten the majority of them.

Recently my dreams are amazingly real and some are soooo mundane that I think they are memories eg washing dishes, checking the mail box, and the other type is where I am in a dream but conscious within that dream and I can interact with the people I meet and its not like Im watching it happen I am there making choices and actually speaking to them, on rare occasions I have had insight into relationships in my life. Sometimes i have epic dreams that seem to take place over months but it seems to play out in real time, i have life changing experiences find meaning to my life then its all over in the blink of an eye (well the opening of an eye)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Ever had a dream that came true?