Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Question about my LCD TV

Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2008, 04:22 PM #1 of 8
Question about my LCD TV

I recently purchased a 32" LCD widescreen HDTV and I'm having a little trouble with it. It's nothing major, but I'm just wondering if it's a symptom of LCD TVs or if it's defective.

The image is fine for the most part. Everything is as clear as it could be over cable, and the HD channels look great in 720P.

The problem is that every now and then the image will become blurry. For instance, when I was watching Family Guy and nothing was really moving, it was clear. Then when the character moved the image became blurry (I could tell because the background wasn't moving).
Then I noticed it when I was watching DVDs on my PS2. The PS2 is hooked up via S-Video, and displays in regular 480i. The image is fine until subtitles come up on screen, and then it becomes blurry for a second, as if the overlaying of subs is distorting the image. This also happens during PS2 games when I move the cursor on the menu, the image distorts and is blurry for a second.

Here are the TV specs:
500 cd/m2 Brightness
1500:1 Contrast Ratio
8ms Response Time
Reolutions - 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i
Inputs - Coaxial, A/V, Component, HDMI, VGA, S-Video

Is it a common occurrence for LCD TVs or is it a defective model?
I've only noticed the blurriness in 480i by the way. The HD channels and the Wii in progressive mode look fine.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Matt; Feb 23, 2008 at 07:47 PM.
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2008, 06:53 PM #2 of 8
Sounds like a problem with the set's deinterlacing.

What brand of TV is it?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Matt

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2008, 07:45 PM #3 of 8
It's an Envision L32W761.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2008, 08:33 PM #4 of 8
How bootleg is this?

I can't even access the .pdf manual.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 12:51 AM Local time: Feb 23, 2008, 10:51 PM #5 of 8
How long have you had the TV? And I'd also suggest you go back to your retailer, look at the TV in person and see if its doing the same thing.

While I'm all for buying cheaper off brand stuff (like a controller for a Gamecube) when it comes to something major like..over 500 or 600 bucks, I prefer to pay a little more for the name.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Matt

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 11:22 AM #6 of 8
Well Slash, I bought the TV at Staples last week and they only had it on a pallet in boxes. Apparently they're TVs that they made for Black Friday but didn't totally sell through, so they put them back on sale for $500 last week.

I bought it after reading the reviews on Buzillions and it sounded well worth checking out.

So I'm thinking this isn't a common LCD TV thing and I should try to exchange it in the store before doing anything else?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 04:36 PM Local time: Feb 24, 2008, 02:36 PM #7 of 8
I'd say that'd be your best option. When you get it, see if you can check it out in the store too.

FELIPE NO
Matt

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 08:55 PM #8 of 8
OK well I just called the store and apparently they won't be getting more TVs in for a little bit (they said later this week but she could have been full of it), so I'll try to look at other LCDs and see if I can notice this little blurry quirk. And if not I'll probably just take it back or something.

Also Megalith, I found a better link for the TV's product page with actual downloadable manual.

On a side note:
I just tested God of War on the PS2 and the image looked great, with no blur. So it's not all games, apparently.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Matt; Feb 24, 2008 at 08:58 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Question about my LCD TV