Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Shooter Movie

BlueEdge
Chocobo

Member 7460

Level 12.76

May 2006

Old Mar 24, 2007, 09:09 PM #1 of 4
Shooter Movie

Hey all,

I recently heard of a movie called "Shooter"
http://www.shootermovie.com/
About a guy who is a sniper whose framed for a murder.

I haven't seen the movie, but from what i've read/seen in the trailer...isn't this movie pretty much the same as "Most Wanted" (1997)
http://imdb.com/title/tt0119709/

Anyone seen "Shooter" and "Most Wanted"

I personally thought "Most Wanted" was a pretty decent movie, from what I can remember.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2007, 10:55 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2007, 10:55 PM #2 of 4
Why do they feel the need to use the same line that is in the bourne movies in the trailer? Makes me not want to see it, and frankly now i won't. Totally ruins it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Genthar
Lieutenant Colonel

Member 14155

Level 9.20

Oct 2006

Old Mar 25, 2007, 09:52 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2007, 03:52 PM #3 of 4
Shooter is based on "Point Of Impact" a novel by Stephen Hunter and part of the Bob Lee Swagger saga, published in 1993. "Most Wanted" was made in 1997 and so is obviously a rip-off of the original source material if anything.

"Shooter" credits Steven Hunter as the writer of the novel and Mark Wahlberg is playing Swagger so this is obviously a true representation of the souce material than "Most Wanted," which was fun but only proved that Keenan Waynes should stick to comedy.

As an intresting side note "Shooter" should not be confused with "The Shooter" which is also in production albeit having a not too dissimilar plot.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
"Your friends are just your enemies in reverse" - Gary Busey
Tellurian
To know the face of God is to know Madness

Member 1328

Level 17.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2007, 11:42 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2007, 06:42 PM #4 of 4
Looks neat so far.
Then again, I've yet to see the Bourne movies. But I like Wahlberg like... Ten times more than Damon.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Shooter Movie