Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] IT'S A PRICE TRAP! EVADE EVADE! Ugghh...

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2006, 08:25 AM Local time: Jul 4, 2006, 06:25 AM #101 of 106
I also got SO3 for much the same reasons, only to end up playing it half time total time I've spent on Vagrant Story (which is a cool game, just bloody difficult). It's actually a good thing I know about the stupid plot twist. Was that actually supposed to make the game "good"?

Backtracking? Ugghh....

I'm sure Q has his share of what to say about this game. Not quite your Ico there, eh Q?

Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
I don't know about EBs here, but that's not true of Gamestops here (though I imagine it should be the same since they are owned by the same company). I tried to trade in my copy of River City Ransom EX, and all they would give me for it is $1.50. I told the lady behind the counter 'Screw that, I might as well keep the game.', since that was a freaking ripoff. I've seen people selling it on ebay for like $10.00, so I may try my luck there (never used it before, though, to buy or sell).
You can even make a little profit on the shipping. Just don't charge them outragous amounts for shipping in Canada/US. One time I paid $10 shipping and it really only costed like $6.00 on the stamp, so yeah I got suckered, but heh, it can work both ways eh. I still gave him a good rating though.

I was speaking idiomatically.

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; Jul 4, 2006 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Kuhazan
Chocobo

Member 2170

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 02:18 PM #102 of 106
Price trap? What's that? That's why I have HD Loader... bootleg the games and if after a few hours they're worthy of money, purchase them... otherwise delete the ISO because it's wasteing space on your damn HDD!!! :biggrin:

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 08:54 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 06:54 PM #103 of 106
Originally Posted by Kuhazan
Price trap? What's that? That's why I have HD Loader... bootleg the games and if after a few hours they're worthy of money, purchase them... otherwise delete the ISO because it's wasteing space on your damn HDD!!! :biggrin:
Are you Megalith.

Anyways, I'm putting my finger on FFVII Dirge of Cerwhatever that it will be one of those games where die hard fans will purchase the first minute it's out, be sorely dissappointed in the first hour of gameplay, and be the first ones to post in this very thread. There, you heard it here first. Then it'd REALLY be a price trap, paying $50 instead of the cheap cheap $5 game and being dissappointed.

At least that's the vibe I'm getting from gamerankings.com.

FELIPE NO

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; Jul 7, 2006 at 09:07 PM.
Josiah
Normal Gym Leader

Member 412

Level 22.01

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 09:47 PM #104 of 106
Emulation's nice like that. I've played a few games that I considered buying that way and after a while was glad I didn't buy them. Of late, that's included stuff like Metal Slug Advance.

....says the gamer who probably could've bought Metal Slug 3 with all the quarters he spent playing it in the arcade. :ashamed:

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

DBCE Slayer
Witness the POWER!!!

Member 779

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 05:53 PM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 12:53 PM #105 of 106
Originally Posted by Qwarky
Right, because a member named devilmaycry thought it's crap (and who apparently thought it was too hard and felt it was repetitive because he kept using the same move over and over). I suppose if xcloudiroth6 posted here and said San Andreas sucked, you'd immediately need to stop playing it, right? Or did that already happen with Vagrant Story? >=0

I personally wouldn't touch the PS2 version (which you obviously planned on doing), but the GC version of VJ is an awesome game. It's inventive, it's hard as fuck but still hilariously entertaining, with a bold and wonderful aesthetic design and superb controls.
I guess you can get tired of it eventually, but then that will happen with any game. And when is a scrolling beat 'em up not "repetitive"? VJ certainly didn't feel tired to me, though Fire Leo makes me weep.
The Fire Leo fight is cake with Captain Blue. Anyway, the games I kinda regret buying is Metorid Prime. I've been meaning to try it but I haven't gotten around to it and it's still sitting on my shelf.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] IT'S A PRICE TRAP! EVADE EVADE! Ugghh...