Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Bread.

Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2008, 12:27 PM Local time: Jan 4, 2008, 11:27 AM 1 #1 of 46
Bread.

I like bread. When I was very young, I would love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on wheat. Then I decided I didn't like wheat bread, and had to have white. Within the last year or so, I've really enjoyed wheat bread again. For the most part, though, I don't mind what kind of bread I'm eating as long as it isn't horribly low-quality or really nasty. I notice really good bread, but I don't really seek after it.

My wife likes bread, too. The difference is that she's picky about bread, and didn't realize it until this week. I make her lunch in the morning because she has to be out the door by 6:30, and she won't pack a lunch if I don't force her to. She always complains about lunchmeat sandwiches, and peanut butter and jelly isn't well-received, either.

Her favorite place to eat is Panera Bread, though. She loves their smoked turkey on sourdough. It's mildly problematic because Panera doesn't have a franchise in the entire state of Utah, but when we visited my folks back east for the holidays, we hit up Panera three times. When we came back, we brought a loaf of sourdough. My wife has loved her lunchmeat sandwiches the last three days. Hence, I will be finding a decent sourdough somewhere locally, and we'll use that for a while instead of the fairly generic wheat or white.

What kinds of breads do you all like best? Also, I found a sourdough recipe on the Panera website that I'm kinda interested to try out, but I'm not too skilled with baking bread, so does anyone with bread-baking experience have any tips?

How ya doing, buddy?
Takiaena
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 27634

Level 2.12

Jan 2008

Old Jan 4, 2008, 01:33 PM #2 of 46
I like bread too. When I ate at my latest skool's, it was the only eatable stuff XD (or, at least, it was what tasted the best >>).

In Germany, people use to eat kind of sandwiches at breakfast and at dinner, with "brötchen" (I think the english word is "rolls", not sure), butter and cheese or kind of sausages. I loved it when I was there for holidays ^^

A piece of a baguette, with butter and jam... *drools*

I use to eat sandwich bread though, because I have no time to go and buy fresh bread on the morning. But what I prefer is rolls and baguettes *-*

There's nowhere I can't reach.
RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Jan 4, 2008, 01:43 PM Local time: Jan 4, 2008, 01:43 PM #3 of 46
Few things make me more joyful than French Bread + butter and a bowl of lentil soup or red beans and rice. Bread is awesome.

Bread makes me sleeepppy.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2008, 01:47 PM #4 of 46
I <3 Panera as well, though there aren't any close to work now, so I eat there less frequently. Lately, in an attempt to liven up somewhat drab soup, I've been buying sourdough bread bowls at Panera and taking them home. I need to find an actual grocery store/bakery that sells these, so I don't have to make a special trip to Panera/Corner Market/Au Bon Pain.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2008, 02:54 PM Local time: Jan 4, 2008, 01:54 PM #5 of 46
Few things make me more joyful than French Bread + butter and a bowl of lentil soup
You're making me hungry. ):

I wish someplace made good baguettes around here. Although I keep being told by various people (that have lived in France) that the French bakery about 2 miles away is surprisingly accurate and tasty....

How ya doing, buddy?
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2008, 03:01 PM #6 of 46
Drex, you should get your wife a bread making machine. The bread that comes out of those is the absolute BEST, I cannot even TELL YOU. And I am pretty sure you can make sourdough, too!

I love rye and wheat breads. Nothing beats a nice ham, onion and cheese sandwich on rye bread.

I try not to go absolutely nuts with bread, though. It's not the greatest thing to be crazy for, but it's not the worst, either.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Angelwing
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 27450

Level 2.86

Dec 2007

Old Jan 10, 2008, 03:57 PM Local time: Jan 10, 2008, 02:57 PM #7 of 46
I love bread. Whole wheat, baguettes, french bread, sourdough, bread with flax and other seeds stuck all over it. Rye bread is also good. I usually have a piece of bread/toast everyday. Or bagels. I looooove cheese bagels with cream cheese or peanut butter.

FELIPE NO
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Feb 18, 2008, 08:09 PM Local time: Feb 18, 2008, 06:09 PM #8 of 46
I enjoy sourdough, wheat and rye bread. It would be cool if there was a bakery just down the street like in many towns in Europe. Oh well I can at least get super cheap and delicious bread from my girlfriend through her work.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Talec
Dandelion Cysts

Member 802

Level 26.92

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2008, 02:01 AM #9 of 46
My mom got a sourdough starter, so we can make our own sourdough bread.
We read over the instructions to care for it and were like, "...we bought a new pet." So we named it Tortoise, and once a week it comes out of the fridge to hang out in the kitchen for awhile while mom feeds it flour and water. It produces very nummy bread, too, especially when made with cream. <3

Otherwise, my bread of choice is whole-wheat bread; for some reason, no other kind appeals to me like commercial whole-wheat. Also, it's the best with canned chili.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2008, 02:50 AM Local time: Feb 19, 2008, 12:50 AM #10 of 46
I loved bread a couple years ago but my passion has tapered off with age. Although I still enjoy a fresh baked loaf, it's been a while since I've went nuts over carbs. I like the sweet asian style buns and really fresh crusty french bread to eat with pasta.

When I go to restaurants, I love it when the bread is especially good. The fresh baked ones that you dip in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, far more preferable to butter.

samari
Psychedelic.

Member 742

Level 5.67

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 07:36 AM Local time: Feb 21, 2008, 07:36 AM #11 of 46
When I go to restaurants, I love it when the bread is especially good. The fresh baked ones that you dip in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, far more preferable to butter.
Yeah, it's hard to top that. If I could eat homemade, fresh bread with olive oil to dip in all day, I would.

I'd have to say that my favorite type would be rye bread, probably because I'm Polish. I was introduced to rye when I was little by my mom's side of the family, and I've been a big fan of it ever since.

I've made some homemade kalamata olive-asiago rolls for one Christmas a few years back, and damn they were good. It literally took me all day to make them (letting the dough rise and fall for hours) but it was so worth it. Taking the time to make bread yourself may seem like it's not worth it, but the end result surely is.

How ya doing, buddy?

And thanks for stopping by.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 08:12 AM #12 of 46
Nothing quite beats a good dinner roll, crunchy or soft. For a while I was addicted to those soft rolls that the grocery store bakes small trays of every morning. They didn't have as much flavor as something from a restaurant, but were still damn tasty. Unfortunately, I've stopped buying those ever since I got a tray where half of them had a slightly metallic taste and I discovered a penny underneath one of them (though thankfully not baked in or anything).

The best bread that I've had was probably the sandwich I got from Atlanta Bread Co. (a Panera-like place) last week. They were out of the usual bread since I'd come right after the lunch rush, so I had free choice of whatever bread I wanted. I can't recall exactly what type I ended up with, but it had tomatoes and onions baked into it for an incredible flavor. I seriously thought about asking to buy a loaf despite them not having any on the rack behind the counter, but I didn't really feel like standing in line again.

Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 08:24 AM Local time: Feb 21, 2008, 02:24 PM #13 of 46
If ya like bread with peanut butter on it, then using a breadmaker to bake a loaf with peanut butter right there in the dough should be an experience you will enjoy. You can just spread it with jelly for instant PB&J I guess, but I didn't try that. It tastes quite strongly of peanut buttery goodness.

I should also say that I really do love fresh baked bread. I especially love any of the types which have seeds and nuts baked into the dough. I'm a big fan of almost any kind of bread actually, as long as it is well made. Ya can't beat fresh. Some of the loaves on the shelves in your local store have been there for waaaaay too long. They don't taste of anything anymore, they are just a dry, powdery mess compared with moist, chewy fresh bread.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Soluzar; Feb 21, 2008 at 08:26 AM. Reason: More bread <3.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 09:49 PM #14 of 46
Oh man. Bread with peanut butter baked right in--that sounds awesome. Why didn't I ever think of that? I'll have to try that sometime.

I absolutely love a good sourdough, though. I took a baking and pastry arts course at my local college, and our 'projects' for the first couple weeks was all kinds of different breads. We made some of the best soft dinner rolls I've ever tasted. Along with sourdough.

chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Validur
youngsauce

Member 27050

Level 2.50

Dec 2007

Old Feb 25, 2008, 10:33 AM #15 of 46
I eat bread almost every day, it's always in one or two of my meals, I especially enjoy thin wheat, or white bread with sliced turkey on it. The thin bread by pepperidge farm, toasted, with sliced turkey on it tastes like having hot-turkey sandwhiches the day after thanksgiving, to me at least.

I don't mind the occasional panini, and the place I usually go to get those are at random resteraunts. Yet, there is always the panini maker, it wroks half decent and the sandwhiches made from them aren't half bad. Panera is one of the best places to go if you want to sit down and have a wonderful lunch while talking to friends or reading a book. I personally like the way they set up the resturant, it's very nice.

FELIPE NO
DeLorean
1.21 GIGAWATTS?!

Member 133

Level 28.95

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2008, 10:53 AM Local time: Feb 25, 2008, 09:53 AM #16 of 46
When I was a kid I wouldn't eat anything but that nasty Iron Kid's white bread. I still really like it, but now understand how horrible it is for you. I'm not so picky when it comes to bread though. However, I still won't eat my dad's peanut butter and mayonaise sandwich... no matter what bread it's on.

Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2008, 12:18 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2008, 06:18 PM #17 of 46
Oh man. Bread with peanut butter baked right in--that sounds awesome. Why didn't I ever think of that? I'll have to try that sometime.
It comes out so thick and chewy... it's great.

Quote:
I absolutely love a good sourdough, though. I took a baking and pastry arts course at my local college, and our 'projects' for the first couple weeks was all kinds of different breads. We made some of the best soft dinner rolls I've ever tasted. Along with sourdough.
Sourdough is also awesome. It's on a long list of delicious bread I enjoy.

Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2008, 04:34 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2008, 06:04 PM #18 of 46
White bread is my fave, but homemade is the BEST! I can tolerate the store bought stuff, but homemade all the way, I grew up on it.

DeLorean
1.21 GIGAWATTS?!

Member 133

Level 28.95

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:11 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2008, 07:11 PM #19 of 46
How about Pita Bread? I'll tell you what, if you've never been to the Pita Pit, you're missing out. That place is damn skippy, junior. Supposedly it's pretty healthy too which is always a big plus.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2008, 09:06 PM #20 of 46
I adore the Pita Pit. Chicken Caesar all the way. :D

chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Roph
ヽ(ºДº)ノ

Member 63

Level 25.06

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2008, 03:35 AM Local time: Feb 26, 2008, 09:35 AM #21 of 46
No mention of Tiger bread yet? If you can, you have to try and find some.

They're not lying when they say distinctive flavour. The pictured loaf example is actually pretty light, I'll go for much darker loaves for a much more noticeable taste. Some tiger bread with salty creamy butter is just <3.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2008, 06:57 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2008, 11:57 PM #22 of 46
Home-made bread. Well, when I say that I mean using a bread mix in a bread-making machine. Unless my hot-crossed buns count, they were excellent. If I'm buying it, I'd have to go for wholegrain or brown. I'm not keen on white bread.

DeLorean
1.21 GIGAWATTS?!

Member 133

Level 28.95

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2008, 02:55 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2008, 01:55 PM #23 of 46
No mention of Tiger bread yet? If you can, you have to try and find some.

They're not lying when they say distinctive flavour. The pictured loaf example is actually pretty light, I'll go for much darker loaves for a much more noticeable taste. Some tiger bread with salty creamy butter is just <3.
Is it expensive? Is it better warm? I've never even heard of Tiger Bread before...

FELIPE NO
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2008, 02:14 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2008, 02:14 AM #24 of 46
I love bread and I usually get 15 grain or flax bread, when I can afford it. Since during the winter at school I am mostly poor, I get Rye Bread. Not the healthiest (better than white though), but it is cheap and large in quantity.

At home, we usually buy locally produced bread which is sooooo good. Some of the kinds are 6 grain, white, raisin bread, Oatmeal bread, and another kind that I love the most, but right now I cannot think what it's called.

Will update if I remember.

Craze
~Need a break~

Member 2021

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2008, 06:58 AM Local time: May 29, 2008, 07:58 PM #25 of 46
I know this is an old thread but I just bought a loaf of vienna sourdough yesterday and was wondering how should it taste like? I didn't have it toasted and found it nothing extraordinary..and the texture was pretty rubbery so I'm not impressed. I'll try some toasted tomorrow and see if there's any difference. I had the normal vienna white loaf before and it was pretty good.

And yes, Tiger bread is awesome. They call it Tigger bread here, and to me they're pretty much like those vienna loaves except a bit more tastier.

Back on topic..when I was younger this bread company churns out normal white bread that was so delicious I could eat like 5-6 slices just on its own..my dad does that as well. Then the asian-style buns rave started and we got hooked to those...in fact I stopped having normal bread loaves until last year. I don't have a particular favourite, but I try avoiding white bread cause I'm told they're bad for you and whatnot. I usually go for soy and linseed, if not 9 grain. They're all pretty good stuff.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Bread.