Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Chexican food! (Minese food?)

Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2007, 01:30 AM Local time: Jan 17, 2007, 12:30 AM #1 of 5
Chexican food! (Minese food?)

So yesterday in chat we somehow got on the topic of mixing chinese and mexican food. There's the obvious grilled teriyaki steak in fajitas idea, but that would be japanese and mexican. So today we were trying to come up with some feasible chinese/mexican 'fusion' dishes. Any ideas?

Quote:
<Hito> Oh, hell, I've got so many ideas right now.
<Hito> That spring roll idea could be very easy to pull off.
<Drex> very true
<Hito> Wonton wrapper, one slice of a green chile, a carrot slice, perhaps a black bean paste, and cabbage.
<Hito> With a soy-chile sauce?
<Drex> yes
<Drex> although having some alternative sauces
<Drex> a mustard sauce
<Drex> and some sort of sweet sauce, possibly incorporating something mexican with sweet and sour or duck sauce
Quote:
<Drex> I think sesame chicken would work in some sort of fajita-type thing, but I don't know that it would work well with cheese, so that might have to be left out, if tried
<Hito> At the very least, grilled onions would work.
<Hito> Black beans, too.
<Drex> yes
<Drex> and grilled green peppers with the onions
<Drex> though not too many, for overpowering taste
This is obviously still a work in progress.

My aunt makes chicken and broccoli over ziti noodles, which is pretty good, too. Any other good fusion ideas? that aren't stupid?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2007, 01:46 AM Local time: Jan 17, 2007, 01:46 AM #2 of 5
Boil macaroni, then cut up some red onions, green peppers, red peppers, fry up ground beef, put it all together, and you get an awesome meal. I will talk to my mother and get the actual recipe for you if you want it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2007, 06:11 AM Local time: Jan 17, 2007, 04:11 AM #3 of 5
Fried tacoes that looked like spring rolls.

Take carnitas filling, take square rice paper and roll it up just like you would a spring/egg roll, then flash fry.

Easiest thing I can think up of on the fly. I'm sure if I let some ideas marinate I can think of plenty of others.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
r[aV]el

Member 2857

Level 5.90

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 10:02 PM Local time: Jan 31, 2007, 08:02 PM #4 of 5
Chinese lettuce wraps- take off the lettuce, dump filling on a tortilla, wrap up and eat.

Arroz con leche but use soymilk instead of milk

Dipping chinese breakfast rolls (I don't know what they are called in English, but in chinese it's Yo tiow) in arroz con leche instead of soymilk?

Fill wonton or dumpling skins with mexican meat (carnitas, barbacoa, chicken or whatever) and somehow cooking it. I don't know if they will cook the same, might need some experiementing.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 10:40 PM #5 of 5
For some reason a "sweet and sour chicken burrito" came to mind, but Im not sure how great that would taste. I wouldnt recommend it with cheese sauce, but I believe putting fried rice sweet and sour chicken, and maybe some soy sauce is a burrito shell sould be good. Maybe top it with some type of spicy mustard sauce.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Chexican food! (Minese food?)