Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Best Pizza to Eat?

CelticWhisper
We've met before, haven't we?

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 07:05 PM Local time: Jan 8, 2007, 06:05 PM #51 of 86
I'm not really much of a fan of the chain places at all, but I suppose the most tolerable of them is Pizza Hut. If only because I've had more exposure to PH than anywhere else.

However, as non-chain pizza goes, you cannot beat Chicago Motherfucking Pizza and Oven Grinder Company, located at 2121 N. Clark St. in Lincoln Park. Not so much a traditional pizza as a pizza-derived creation, they have what they call their pizza pot pie which will (mark my words) eventually conquer the world and convert all to cheesy goodness. For those of you who are familiar with Panera Bread's (and other places I'm sure) soup in a bread bowl, think "pizza in a crust bowl." They bake the crust into roughly the shape of a large mushroom and it contains the cheese and sauce. Your choice of veggie sauce or meat sauce, and white or wheat bread for the crust. Plus the most awesome goddamn mushrooms you ever tasted.

On top of that, their appetizer, the Mediterranean Bread, once ended a fight with Chuck Norris in a stalemate. (insert "stale"mate/stale bread jokes here. Done yet? Good.) Huge plate of flatbread with kick-ass seasoning.

However, if you want a traditional pizza pie, there's Joe's Pizzeria, one of the "hole in the wall" places we're so fond of, in the little town of bumblefuck Wheeling, IL. Ordered from them for 17 years and never once had a bad pizza. They don't do deep dish, but if you're like me and enjoy thin crust (I know, sacrilege for a Chicagoan), their thin crust pizzas pretty much own.

Most amazing jew boots

It is not my custom to go where I am not invited.
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2007, 06:25 AM Local time: Jan 17, 2007, 04:25 AM #52 of 86
http://www.Lomelis.com

Highly recommend it if you're ever in my area. It's the only cheese pizza around that doesn't make me sick (from the lactose intolerant-ness), but still tastes like heaven.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2007, 11:37 AM #53 of 86
Like Shorty, I couldn't stand pizzas with too much cheese.

I haven't really visited much of local pizza chains, and I'd usually rather have it delivered. I had had Dominos, Pizza Hut, Little Caesar's, and Papa John's.

I break it down to like this... Dominos is cheaper, good thin crust. Average.

Pizza Hut, great toppings, great sauce (as long as they didn't skimp on it) and awesome thin crust. Expensive, but it has deep dish and Lasgna pizza for a while. Good innovations.

Papa John's is more expensive but has other stuff to add/mix toppings (they just have a great functionally in choosing your own pizza online). Finally, I love this one and wish more pizza places have online ordering. Their chicken is quite good, and their extra dips is worth getting cheese/garlic breadsticks for. Their sauce is okay, I prefer PH's. However, the cheese from PJ's is just a bit too much. Their thin crust isn't to die for really.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Archaic Demigod
Banned

Member 17156

Level 3.09

Dec 2006

Old Jan 18, 2007, 02:18 AM Local time: Jan 18, 2007, 12:18 AM #54 of 86
There is this little pizza place down the road from me. It's family owned and they have the best pizza I have ever tasted. Their large is only a fourteen inch but it's a very delicious pie. Loads of sauce and tons of toppings. And the crust...

They have these flavored crust. Butter Cheese, Garlic Herb... Ranch. Only to name a few. They make one specifically for me because I'm such a great customer (I'll die young of a heart attack, I foresee it). They put the sauce on and then sprinkle their 'garlic herb' seasons on the sauce. They add to it by topping it with cheese, sausage, pepperoni, beef, and green peppers.

They cook it at 505 degrees for roughly six minutes. When it comes time to boxing it up, they add garlic butter and Parmesan cheese to the crust. Simply the most to die for for pizza ever made. Of course, I usually pay fourteen bucks for one.

I laugh at Dominoes and Pizza Hut.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Lionking-Cyan
Chocobo

Member 13706

Level 9.10

Oct 2006

Old Jan 18, 2007, 07:34 AM Local time: Jan 18, 2007, 01:34 PM #55 of 86
It's incredible how expensive pizzas are out of Italy ^^.

How ya doing, buddy?
Phantasma
-9-

Member 18429

Level 2.12

Jan 2007

Old Jan 18, 2007, 07:59 AM #56 of 86
Dominos and cheese only plz.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
nanstey
CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!!

Member 902

Level 10.66

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 01:51 PM Local time: Jan 28, 2007, 01:51 PM #57 of 86
http://www.greatplainspizza.com/main.html

I'm in culinary school right now because of this place. Always hits the spot - 6 different types of crust, tons of cheese, fresh beef and sausage and veggies - awesome all the way.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
That which is, is. Sink or swim. - Wiliiam Shakespeare. There is no ignorange, there is knowledge. - From the Code of the Jedi
SparkElectro
Carob Nut

Member 1311

Level 5.97

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 02:11 PM Local time: Jan 28, 2007, 02:11 PM #58 of 86
I've only tried 3 kinds: Papa Johns, Pizza Hut, and Dominos. I used to like Papa Johns but thinking back the crust was really flat and soft. Pizza Hut is pretty good, but I think I'd have to choose Dominos.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Erisu Kimu
Stealth Assassin

Member 8250

Level 15.02

Jun 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 09:13 PM #59 of 86
To me, pizza is pizza.

I enjoy Pizza Pizza and Dominoes the most, but also like Boston Pizza. There's no specific reason why. They're tastier I guess. Little Caesar's tastes good, but it's not pizza that I can eat often. It's the sauce. I used to love Pizza Hut Pizza, but their pizza is too greasy. I feel like I'm eating bread soaked in vegetable oil or something. Gino's pizza and Windsor pizza are okay. That's about all I can think of. I do remember eating very good pizza in Michigan one time. I can't remember the name though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 04:52 AM Local time: Jan 29, 2007, 03:52 AM #60 of 86
Dion's Pizza in Albuquerque, NM. Pizza with green chile... incredible.

07Josie11
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 18956

Level 1.47

Jan 2007

Old Jan 29, 2007, 05:33 AM #61 of 86
LA POCHETTA!

I LOVE La Pochetta's pizzas. My fave is the Pineapple (Even tho I pick the pineapple off lol) And the Cappociosa (sp?) where I pick the olives off. Yup Im picky

Josie
xox

Most amazing jew boots
Josie
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 08:57 AM #62 of 86
Is it just me or am I the only person who has an UNO within walking distance from my house?

<.<

But with my area, i'm not limited to the choice of pizza chains I have. Dominoes is a 5 minute drive. Pizza Hut, one is a 10 minute drive, the other is 20 minutes. Papa John's is a 10 minute drive... And I have three local pizza places.

I think my place is loaded with pizza...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 05:38 PM Local time: Jan 29, 2007, 02:38 PM #63 of 86
There are five non-chain pizza shops on one street, all within three blocks near my house. Pretty pizza crazy.

How ya doing, buddy?
r[aV]el

Member 2857

Level 5.90

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 09:55 PM Local time: Jan 31, 2007, 07:55 PM #64 of 86
Wow... of all the chain-pizza places, NO ONE mentioned California Pizza Kitchen or Red Brick Pizza, which DEFINATELY tops Dominos, Papa Johns, Little Ceaser and Pizza hut in chain-pizza stores. I can't beleive people actually like Pizza hut - I actually don't like pizza that much anymore because of pizza hut.

Non-chain stores, of course, have the best pizza, because they are usually made with their own secret recipes and family traditions and what nots.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 4, 2007, 01:47 AM #65 of 86
I hated California Pizza Kitchen. That's probably why people don't mention it. It sucks.

Unagi
- slippery as.

Member 7325

Level 5.90

May 2006

Old Feb 4, 2007, 02:03 AM #66 of 86
California Pizza Kitchen is too expensive for what they come up with. Sure, some of the combos are interesting, but they're not fantastic, to say the least. A better alternative to CPK would be "Extreme Pizza"; or maybe it was "Xtreme Pizza". Lame name, but it's like CPK with the interesting topping concept, except you actually feel like you are eating food that may sustain you.

lisztfreak
Pianist

Member 8032

Level 13.28

Jun 2006

Old Feb 4, 2007, 05:59 AM Local time: Feb 4, 2007, 11:59 AM #67 of 86
The best pizza I have had was from a small store in Ghent (Belgium) fresh packed from SPAR (the name of the store), It was called quatro staggioni.
The pastery was prebaked on a brick-oven, so the taste of the crust was unbelievable, it was good spicy and tasted just Italian: Basil, oregano. The tomato paste tasted like italian sun tomato's very sweet. There were 2 kinds of sausages on it: Chorizo (originally spanish spicy sausage but also popular in Italy) and italian ham that was more salty perfect combination. There were also mushrooms and artitjokes(green vegetable you can eat it raw too) on it and garlic. For me to be satisfied with a pizza is very difficult but this one was perfect!

How ya doing, buddy?
parKbench
chunin

Member 17747

Level 13.94

Jan 2007

Old Feb 4, 2007, 12:21 PM #68 of 86
I don't enjoy those "fast food" pizzas (Dominos, Little Ceasers). I prefer local pizza, it is made fresh. The best is brick oven pizza, not the metal ovens that pizza places usually have. My favorites are: pinapple and ham (Hawaiin pizza) and if it is brick oven pizza, it has got to be smoked mozzerlla and bacon! I swear that is SO freaking heavy, 2 pieces can fill me up BIG TIME!

game_dragon1
Carob Nut

Member 909

Level 5.27

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2007, 05:10 AM Local time: Feb 16, 2007, 03:10 AM #69 of 86
Round Table Pizza for me I love to have my pizza with bacon and pepperoni "mmmmmm bacon and pepperoni pizza *homer drool*"

I was speaking idiomatically.
yuna00
Chocobo

Member 305

Level 9.10

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 01:59 PM Local time: Feb 24, 2007, 10:59 AM #70 of 86
i used to hate Domino's, now i love their pepperoni & green pepper thin crust pizza. it's not as filling as the other types of crust, simply because there's not as must dough. yummy! :P

How ya doing, buddy?
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 12:09 AM #71 of 86
I don't understand the Pizza Hut love. Maybe they have good variants I haven't tried, but their regular pizza is horrible. It just doesn't taste good at all; it actually kind of makes me sick. Very "Americanized." I don't consider Papa John's or Domino's good pizza, but I'd take them over Pizza Hut any day.

I did like one of Pizza Hut's limited time promotions they had several years ago, though. I think it was called the Insider...either that, or the Thin N' Crispy.

I get my pepperoni pizza from a local place called Ray's NY Style Pizza. I don't know of any good chains around here, so I can't offer much to the discussion.

EDIT: Whoa, I ventured out of the game music forums. What's going on?!?

FELIPE NO
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Last edited by Drakken; Feb 27, 2007 at 12:11 AM.
parKbench
chunin

Member 17747

Level 13.94

Jan 2007

Old Feb 27, 2007, 07:29 AM #72 of 86
I don't understand the Pizza Hut love. Maybe they have good variants I haven't tried, but their regular pizza is horrible. It just doesn't taste good at all; it actually kind of makes me sick. Very "Americanized." I don't consider Papa John's or Domino's good pizza, but I'd take them over Pizza Hut any day.
I don't understand that either. I'm guessing that they live in a part of the country/world where pizza resturants don't exist and the fast-food pizza chains are their only pizza outlet.

I'm glad that I live in a part of the world where there are pizza and chinese returants on almost every street corner and "Pizza Slut" is nowhere to be found.

Unagi
- slippery as.

Member 7325

Level 5.90

May 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 08:01 AM #73 of 86
Originally Posted by Drakken
I don't understand that either. I'm guessing that they live in a part of the country/world where pizza resturants don't exist and the fast-food pizza chains are their only pizza outlet.
Not necessarily, although sometimes it is the only well-known pizza chain. Some countries, the local pizza parlors make their goods with little to no pizza sauce. Why? Because you are expected to put ketchup on top of it. That's right.

When Pizza Hut opens up a franchise in countries like these, it's a brand new taste to them and probably the only one they know. Besides, Pizza Huts abroad tend to taste much better than the ones in the states. It's like they took the name, and all the advertising material but decided that "Pizza Hut" means "Pizza with sauce" and makes them the way they please.

goldenknuckles
I'll cut ya'

Member 20963

Level 2.12

Mar 2007

Old Mar 11, 2007, 06:00 AM #74 of 86
I got this place called Brugos-Take and Bake. That place is awesome. You can choose to take it home and cook it, or have them cook it. I know everyone who works there, so I get free stuff.

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2007, 07:06 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2007, 05:06 AM #75 of 86
Considering that I'm a driver for Pizza Hut, I'd have to say I'm pretty biased. >>;

Back when I lived near Tampa, FL, though, there was a local chain about 10 minutes away from me called Babe's Pizza.

My dear GOD was it delicious. Some of the best pizza I've had in my life.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Best Pizza to Eat?