Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Unusual Snacks

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jun 4, 2010, 12:58 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2010, 10:58 AM #1 of 22
Unusual Snacks

So do you have any sort of unusual things you like to snack on? I've always been really partial to apples and peanut butter. Sometimes I'll actually cut the apple up and slather peanut butter on it, but I'm usually too lazy for that and I'll put a little dollop on the next bite I'm about to take.

I'll also occasionally just grab some marshmallows out of the bag and eat them. Worse than that is my tendency to grab a couple of bacon bits (not even real ones, the fake soy kind) and eat them just because they're there (and delicious).

Jam it back in, in the dark.
bahamuty
Celestial Chocobo

Member 1438

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2010, 03:31 AM #2 of 22
It's not really strange per say but I'm addicted to blue corn chips and shredded cheese melted over them. 30 secs in the microwave is all it takes and it doesn't mess up the chips they are still crunchy and perfect.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2010, 02:39 AM Local time: Aug 2, 2010, 11:39 PM #3 of 22
What's strange about apples and peanut butter? That shit's delicious.

Anyway, in the asian aisle at the store they have bags of "Shrimp Chips." Fuckers are so addicting, but they're a bit pricey and so small you can finish a bag in one sitting.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kyndig
Syklis Green

Member 2709

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2010, 09:20 AM #4 of 22
So do you have any sort of unusual things you like to snack on? I've always been really partial to apples and peanut butter. Sometimes I'll actually cut the apple up and slather peanut butter on it, but I'm usually too lazy for that and I'll put a little dollop on the next bite I'm about to take.

I'll also occasionally just grab some marshmallows out of the bag and eat them. Worse than that is my tendency to grab a couple of bacon bits (not even real ones, the fake soy kind) and eat them just because they're there (and delicious).

I'm not sure that I would really call either of those unusual. Yesterday I was eating a couple of apple slices with peanut butter on them and then I had a couple with cheese on them and then I thought: "Hmmm....apples with peanut butter AND cheese?" Wasn't really as good as I had hoped though.

The strangest snack food that I keep stocked is probably these dried green beans with a strangely sweet seasoning on them. A country store near my house keeps them stocked.

Most amazing jew boots
ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2010, 05:04 PM #5 of 22
in my first year of university, I didn't have much in my res room one night so I ate rice crispies out of a mug with a spoonful of peanut butter. it's kinda tasty.

snacking on pepperoncini peppers usually gets some weird looks.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Mighty Tor
Carob Nut

Member 36109

Level 3.73

Jul 2010

Old Aug 16, 2010, 09:54 PM #6 of 22
Not sure how unusual this is, but as many snacks are this was born from munchies and limited pantry resources and zero desire to leave the house. Anyways, runs something like this:

Take a tortilla, preferably burrito sized, and spread peanut butter on it, sprinkle liberally with chocolate chips and then microwave for about 15 seconds or so. Roll up and enjoy. It can get a bit runny, but essentially you've got your peanut butter cup roll-up/burrito for dessert.

This is actually evolved slightly from the original which had Nutella in place of the chocolate chips first time through. Still tasty but I prefer the chocolate chips, plus it's cheaper than using up nutella spread.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
"Science has achieved some wonderful things of course, but I'd far rather be happy than right any day"
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls down of course."
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Aug 17, 2010, 12:54 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2010, 10:54 AM #7 of 22
That's actually similar to what I do sometimes when I want a more filling version of toast. Lightly toast the bread, then quickly spread peanutbutter and some chocolate chips on.

FELIPE NO
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2010, 12:58 PM #8 of 22
When we didn't have anything else in the house I would snack on white bread. I haven't had to do that ever since I moved out, though.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2010, 01:11 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2010, 06:11 PM #9 of 22
I used to eat powdered cup-a-soup with the tiniest bit of mayo, smothered in balsamic vinegar. Not sure what was up with that, it wasn't particularly pleasant either.

THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2010, 07:07 PM #10 of 22
BB, that just sounds vile.

I really like eating olives of any kind. And I find myself eating a lot of pickled food as well.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Bernard Black

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2010, 03:47 PM Local time: Aug 26, 2010, 08:47 PM #11 of 22
It wasn't the greatest

I thought of another too actually, I used to eat frozen peas as well.

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:45 PM Local time: Aug 26, 2010, 10:45 PM #12 of 22
I used to eat powdered cup-a-soup with the tiniest bit of mayo, smothered in balsamic vinegar. Not sure what was up with that, it wasn't particularly pleasant either.
.... holy Moses that sounds atrocious.

Although, i guess i shouldn't talk. Salsa and Oreos was a vice of mine for a few years. I probably would still be down if Oreos weren't on the chopping block when it came time for me to trim my diet to fit financial costs.

Also, BB, how do you reconcile your last post the the post you just made in the picky eating thread?

Most amazing jew boots
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2010, 01:50 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2010, 11:50 PM #13 of 22

Surume-ika, or dried squid. You either shred this into strips or buy them all cut up like stringy jerky, and dip it with a bit of mayonnaise topped with some shichimi pepper powder.

Goes oh so well with beer.

I was speaking idiomatically.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2010, 01:54 AM Local time: Aug 27, 2010, 12:54 AM #14 of 22
Shorty. Why don't bonito flakes exist in my city?

Why does the world hate me?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Shorty

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2010, 02:06 AM Local time: Aug 27, 2010, 12:06 AM #15 of 22
Well, for one, you're posting about shredded shaved dried fish in a thread about "unusual Snacks" which, bonito flakes aren't even considered close to in the country of its origin (unless of course, it's been soaked in a sweet mirin-soy sauce reduction sauce, dried again and combined with sesame seed and dried seaweed (nori) to make furi-kake which can be sprinkled on rice/toast with butter/salad etc. to be considered a snack...).

Oh and Deni, all you have to do is ask. I would send you some.

FELIPE NO
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2010, 04:19 AM Local time: Aug 27, 2010, 03:19 AM #16 of 22
Well, for one, you're posting about shredded shaved dried fish in a thread about "unusual Snacks" which, bonito flakes aren't even considered close to in the country of its origin (unless of course, it's been soaked in a sweet mirin-soy sauce reduction sauce, dried again and combined with sesame seed and dried seaweed (nori) to make furi-kake which can be sprinkled on rice/toast with butter/salad etc. to be considered a snack...).

Oh and Deni, all you have to do is ask. I would send you some.
I'm making miso soup, not eating them by themselves. No one wants to eat blockfish.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2010, 09:54 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2010, 11:24 PM #17 of 22
A big spoon of peanut butter.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2010, 10:32 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2010, 08:32 PM #18 of 22
Nuke some salad croutons in a bowl with garlic spread to melt the spread onto them and wrap them in a leaf of Romaine lettuce. MAD delicious and puts a light snack in your stomach when you're hung-the-fuck-over and can't stomach greasy-ass fries.

Most amazing jew boots
Bernard Black

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2010, 05:42 PM Local time: Oct 19, 2010, 10:42 PM #19 of 22
.... holy Moses that sounds atrocious.

Although, i guess i shouldn't talk. Salsa and Oreos was a vice of mine for a few years. I probably would still be down if Oreos weren't on the chopping block when it came time for me to trim my diet to fit financial costs.

Also, BB, how do you reconcile your last post the the post you just made in the picky eating thread?
For some reason, peas seemed to lose 20% of their awesomeness for every minute boiled. No more though! I have had a wondrous maturing of my pallet

Salsa and Oreos sounds... counfusing! But then on a similar vein a friend and I did try dipping Galaxy chocolate into a sweet chili and tomato pesto one day and it was bloody gorgeous. Admittedly we had spent the day thoroughly baked, but I'd still recommend it

Shorty

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2011, 01:32 AM Local time: Jul 28, 2011, 11:32 PM 1 #20 of 22
If this isn't "unusual," I don't know what is:

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2011, 01:24 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2011, 11:24 AM #21 of 22
Personally, I love when my snacks start flailing their tentacles at me.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Unusual Snacks