Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

"Make Your Own Dinner" Resturant

ComradeTande
:B

Member 2213

Level 15.98

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 08:39 PM Local time: Jul 19, 2006, 07:39 PM #1 of 15
"Make Your Own Dinner" Resturant

So, i guess it's some kind of new age thing. There was always the salad bar, where I guess you'd make your own salad, but new restraunts postering ideas of "add what you want, make the meal to your own taste without having to deal with even a menu!"

There's this place down by the mall in my town thats called Hu Hot. It's a mongolian grill, except a bit different. There's a big line of ingrediants, where as you pick your meat: pork, beef, chicken, and speacialties like shrimp and even crab sometimes(if wanted), three different kinds of noodles, and then a big selection of vegetables. You then add the kind of sauce (they have quite a selection) you'd like in it-so you can make it as hot as you want, or make it as dull and lifeless tasting as you want (i love hot stuff!)

There's also icecream bars where you make your own sundae, and then there's this place in my town where you make a week's worth of food-and they freeze it, so you can just pop it into the microwave. You actually put the dinner together.

So is it a good kind of restraunt? Or is there too much work involved in making your own dinner?

Most amazing jew boots
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 10:10 PM Local time: Jul 19, 2006, 07:10 PM #2 of 15
Looks like one of Cosmo's ideas finally came to fruition!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 10:47 PM Local time: Jul 19, 2006, 07:47 PM #3 of 15
I saw a restaurant like this when I was overseas in Asia just recently. The restaurant had a market outside the main area where customers could shop for their own meat, fish, vegetables, and fruit. The food was then prepared however the person wished.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 11:08 PM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 09:08 PM #4 of 15
I've always enjoyed mongolian BBQ, even though it's pretty much a cop out since it's essentially stir fried noodles, they're tasty and that's what matters.

How ya doing, buddy?
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:34 AM #5 of 15
Isn't this just slightly different than a buffet restaurant?

I mean, if I go to some Chinese-run buffet place, I can make a dinner out of chicken wings, crab legs, sushi, spaghetti, soups, etc...

I guess you're implying a more focused dish.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dullenplain
Life @ 45RPM

Member 2299

Level 38.16

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 01:03 AM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 12:03 AM #6 of 15
I've been to Mongolian grills before and the many ways you can create your own meals are astounding.

I also heard of this other concept where in the city, where space is at a premium, there would be these public kitchens where you can bring in your own ingredients and cook for yourself or for groups. You provide the food and labor, they provide the equipment and dining area.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Classic J-Pop Volume 31
Add your location here at the ------> GFF Members Geographic Database
ComradeTande

Member 2213

Level 15.98

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 11:24 AM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 10:24 AM #7 of 15
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
Isn't this just slightly different than a buffet restaurant?

I mean, if I go to some Chinese-run buffet place, I can make a dinner out of chicken wings, crab legs, sushi, spaghetti, soups, etc...

I guess you're implying a more focused dish.
well, you didn't make those chicken wings, crab legs, sushi, spaghetti, soups, etc...

(and whats spaghetti doing at a chinese buffet?! that's italian! >:O lol)

at the mongolian grill near my place you just put the meal together but you don't cook it at all. you do get to sit and watch them cook it. it's quite interesting to watch-it's a GIANT wheel looking thing and theres five guys cooking on it at the same time, like...thirty meals at the same time.

FELIPE NO
BlueEdge
Chocobo

Member 7460

Level 12.76

May 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 02:06 PM #8 of 15
lol chinese buffets have the most random things as well, they're basically buffets with chinese food and cheap food. There's fries, mashed potatoes, roast beef, things that are clearly not of chinese origin. (Also chicken balls...those aren't chinese)

But yeah, I've haven't really seen restaurants like you've described. I've been to one with a salad bar, but it does sound like a make-your-own pasta, that sort of thing. There's a buffet called Tucker's Marketplace which has a guy that makes pasta right in front of you to your preference.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 02:06 AM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 11:06 PM #9 of 15
I went to the place in Detroit (I hear it's a chain) creatively called The Mongolian Grill. It was exactly what Tande described, and very, very delicious.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 03:49 AM Local time: Jul 22, 2006, 01:49 AM #10 of 15
Actually, I was under the impression that pretty much all Mongolian BBQ/Hot Pot places were of the DIY variety. In a restaurant that just happens to serve that type of thing I wouldn't really expect to be able to cook it myself, but in a restaurant dedicated towards that type of fare I figured most people go with the intention of making their food how they like it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 11:51 PM #11 of 15
Damn, now I have to hit up a Mongolian grill sometime. Everything that all of you are describing sounds amazing.

Personally, I haven't tried this, but the concept sounds good enough. The most important thing in any business is to keep the customer happy. Why not do it in the form of making your own personalized dinner? Can't imagine being any happier than that.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
BlueEdge
Chocobo

Member 7460

Level 12.76

May 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 08:39 AM #12 of 15
just curious, but whats the difference between mongolian bbq and korean bbq?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
ComradeTande

Member 2213

Level 15.98

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 03:30 PM Local time: Jul 26, 2006, 02:30 PM #13 of 15
Originally Posted by BlueEdge
just curious, but whats the difference between mongolian bbq and korean bbq?
not sure. never been to a korean bbq. i guess just a few food items and such?

I was speaking idiomatically.
anino
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 3214

Level 1.21

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 07:55 PM Local time: Jul 26, 2006, 04:55 PM #14 of 15
Originally Posted by Rydia
I saw a restaurant like this when I was overseas in Asia just recently. The restaurant had a market outside the main area where customers could shop for their own meat, fish, vegetables, and fruit. The food was then prepared however the person wished.

Sounds like a 'Dampa' (that's what we call them back home) to me, i've been in vacation too recently but haven't had the time to check one out.

Seafoods are definetely a good choice for those kind of places.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dopple
Wark!

Member 1778

Level 3.52

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:36 PM Local time: Jul 31, 2006, 09:36 PM #15 of 15
That way, the customer can't complain that the food is bad. :biggrin:

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > "Make Your Own Dinner" Resturant