Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Rogue Galaxy

rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:54 PM #76 of 154
sounds awesome, I hope OPM has a demo of it soon

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 06:51 AM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 04:51 AM #77 of 154
Will OPM even be around that much longer? Ziff Davis just announced that they ended their deal with Sony.

I was speaking idiomatically.
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 02:12 AM Local time: Dec 10, 2006, 12:12 AM #78 of 154
I just got a demo of it in the mail on Friday. It's not too bad, nothing mind blowing in my opinion but it's solid. To me it was basically Skies of Arcadia in space and Dark Cloud 2. I hated the fact that the demo was timed, I was in the middle of a boss fight and it just ends. One thing that did bug me were the so called 'live chat' where characters spout off one-liners that are supposed to help you. That's great except they would often say things that are completely irrelevant to the situation at hand. It just became more annoying than useful.

The demo also included a trailer which piqued my interest. I've grown weary of Japanese RPGs in that they are the same cookie cutter formula when it comes to story and don't offer much in character development or plot driven stories. I like the idea of exploring the universe, though I hate the fact that the space craft are litteraly sea craft that just fly. Unfuckingoriginal.

I'll probably pick this up when it comes out, I don't expect much from it. It'll be a solid game, but not something to jizz your pants over.

Oh yeah, the demo came with a pirate flag that looks pretty cool and a poster too.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Dec 12, 2006, 12:27 AM Local time: Dec 11, 2006, 10:27 PM #79 of 154
Played the demo. I really hope they include widescreen in the final version of the game because it looks terrible if stretched.

FELIPE NO
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2006, 07:38 AM #80 of 154
how can I get the demo??

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Dec 12, 2006, 10:15 AM Local time: Dec 12, 2006, 08:15 AM #81 of 154
Ask for it at your local gamestop/eb games. The employee there will probably bug you to reserve it along with other titles, but they should have it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2006, 03:37 PM #82 of 154
Holy crap, I'll have to stop by there tomorrow. I've been waiting eagerly for Rogue Galaxy since it was announced, and honestly the description of Skies of Arcadia meets Dark Cloud 2 is exactly what I was hoping for.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hindman
Good Chocobo

Member 3792

Level 15.57

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 09:31 PM Local time: Dec 18, 2006, 07:31 PM #83 of 154
http://rpgland.com/games/roguegalaxy...interview.html
Quote:
RPG Land
Name some RPGs that certain aspects of this game remind you of, in particular, and why. Help us get to know it in the familiarity sense before we "know it" in the Biblical sense.

Nao Higo
Naturally, since this is the latest PS2 RPG from Level-5, Rogue Galaxy draws elements from the Dark Cloud series as well as Dragon Quest VIII. I also think that Rogue draws a lot of inspiration from old school RPGs in terms of play style, where it really rewards the player for exploring the nooks and crannies of the world. You can always take the straight path to advance the storyline, but this game really rewards you for trying different things and going on side excursions.

RPG Land
That flying pirate ship on the cover reminds me of Skies of Arcadia. Did you play Skies of Arcadia? Was it the dopest game ever or what?

Nao Higo
Yes, I’ve played Skies of Arcadia, and I thought it was a pretty good game. Dopest though? Nah. I sold my limited edition a while back.

RPG Land
...if you had to guess, would the sequel or spinoff be appearing on PS3 or PSP, most likely? Just take a guess. Life depends on it. Seriously.

Nao Higo
If we do make a sequel, I’d like to see it on the PS3. Just think. Pirates, space, hi-def. It’d be so beautiful, it’d make a telekinetic baby doll cry in joy.
Rest of the interview.

Higo totally dodged the next-to-last question, though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Hindman; Dec 18, 2006 at 09:35 PM.
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 07:20 AM Local time: Dec 19, 2006, 02:20 PM #84 of 154
So does this game have a more precise release date than "January 2007" by now? I'm dying to know when this will be out.

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 11:27 AM Local time: Dec 19, 2006, 11:27 AM #85 of 154
January 31st it should be in stores.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 11:54 AM Local time: Dec 19, 2006, 05:54 PM #86 of 154
US will have it around 30/31 January, and Europe will have it sometime around 26 June 2007.

Only 6 months more months to wait.

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 12:03 PM Local time: Dec 19, 2006, 12:03 PM #87 of 154
I guarantee you that the sales will be in the toilet T__T They have dawdled waaaaay too long with the US cleaning up.

How ya doing, buddy?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 12:55 PM #88 of 154
Originally Posted by Gechmir
I guarantee you that the sales will be in the toilet T__T They have dawdled waaaaay too long with the US cleaning up.
Sales figures don't mean squat to me as long I get to play the game. =( Apparently they've fixed this game up considerably from the japanese release.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Tyr
Carob Nut

Member 852

Level 6.41

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 03:33 PM Local time: Dec 19, 2006, 01:33 PM #89 of 154
Have they unveiled the US cover art for the game yet? All the online stores still the have the Peter Pan-esque Japanese cover. Or they going to use that one?

Ronz
Good Chocobo

Member 240

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2006, 11:44 AM #90 of 154
One thing that did bug me were the so called 'live chat' where characters spout off one-liners that are supposed to help you. That's great except they would often say things that are completely irrelevant to the situation at hand. It just became more annoying than useful.
I just finished playing the demo, and this absolutely ruined it for me. I love the battle system and the game looks stunning, but this just annoys me to no end. I REALLY hope there is an option to turn this off in the retail game, because if not I think I'm going to pass on this one. Call me nuts, but I just did not care for this at all.

Hindman
Good Chocobo

Member 3792

Level 15.57

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2007, 01:11 PM Local time: Jan 4, 2007, 11:11 AM #91 of 154
Have they unveiled the US cover art for the game yet? All the online stores still the have the Peter Pan-esque Japanese cover. Or they going to use that one?
The "Peter Pan" cover was the one on the official demo sent to PS Underground, given out at stores, and sent to previewers, so it seems to be the one they're going for. Also, hot avatar.

Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2007, 01:37 PM Local time: Jan 4, 2007, 08:37 PM #92 of 154
After playing the demo for a while, I have mixed feelings about the game. First of all, the random comments from your characters and the "Jester!" shouts whenever they offer their combos are plain annoying. I can't see myself playing through the entire game with this constant blabbering going on. You know that it's going to drive you insane at one point when it's already annoying in a short demo.

Another thing I noticed are the extremely low frame rates especially during battles. Sure, the graphics are pretty nice (though they still pale in comparison to Final Fantasy XII), but they seem to come at the cost of fluid animations.

Tyr
Carob Nut

Member 852

Level 6.41

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2007, 03:44 PM Local time: Jan 4, 2007, 01:44 PM #93 of 154
The "Peter Pan" cover was an observation mostly from a friend and I have no major qualm about it mostly haha. I assume there will be an option to turn off voices in battle even if its not included in the demo. As I can't imagine this being a dungeon crawler with hundreds of battles they'd want to piss off gamers to quit halfway through. Less than a month away!

Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Jan 5, 2007, 08:29 PM Local time: Jan 5, 2007, 06:29 PM #94 of 154

Final US cover art. No complaints~

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2007, 12:10 AM Local time: Jan 6, 2007, 12:10 AM #95 of 154
Not surprised by it. That's what the demo came in too.

How ya doing, buddy?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Firefly
Shadow Company

Member 720

Level 20.05

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2007, 12:37 AM #96 of 154
See also in this department: XS Games/Jack of All Games and their handling of the Red Star adaptation. The release date keeps sliding... first it was August, then September, then... repeat until you get to the current value of 'early Febuary. And for more fun, they don't even have the decency (or cojones?) to answer inquiries as to WTF is going on. Never mind that the game was practically done when its original handlers, Akklaim, folded up...
That said, Rogue Galaxy sounds like it'll be worth checking out; I hope it'll be worth the wait.

Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Jan 13, 2007, 12:47 PM Local time: Jan 13, 2007, 10:47 AM #97 of 154
YouTube Video

This video shows off a bunch of features of the game. Maybe it'll help gain some interest out of some people who are still questioning what this game is like.

Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2007, 03:19 PM Local time: Jan 13, 2007, 12:19 PM #98 of 154
Wow, that looks awesome I was gonna pick this up anyways, but now I"m even more excited.

Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Jan 25, 2007, 06:03 PM Local time: Jan 25, 2007, 04:03 PM #99 of 154
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/929240.asp

Reviews on this are looking good so far. The lowest rating so far is by EGM (not surprising since they only rate popular game franchises high). The most common complaints with the game are copy and paste dungeon designs and the combat system not having enough to it. I'm guessing they were spoiled by the gambit system in Final MMORPG 12. Otherwise, this game only shows that the ps2 is still going strong!

I can't wait for the release date.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2007, 06:32 PM #100 of 154
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/929240.asp

Reviews on this are looking good so far. The lowest rating so far is by EGM (not surprising since they only rate popular game franchises high). The most common complaints with the game are copy and paste dungeon designs and the combat system not having enough to it. I'm guessing they were spoiled by the gambit system in Final MMORPG 12. Otherwise, this game only shows that the ps2 is still going strong!

I can't wait for the release date.
Yeah, for all the bitching that surrounded the announcement of the gambit system and fears of an automated FF, people seem to like it quite a bit. It simply got rid of a lot of the tedium that made leveling/exploring a chore.

As for RG, it jumped 5% since the last time I checked gamerankings for it. I saw some videos of the gameplay/intro of the game and it definitely piqued my interest. Got a strong Dark Cloud 2 vibe from it, and IMO, that's a very good thing since that was one of my favorite games of this gen.

BTW, anyone know how much this will cost? I heard it'll be $39.99, and that's a steal just like Okami was, if true.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Rogue Galaxy