Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Bootleg albums?

Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:58 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 09:58 AM #1 of 6
Bootleg albums?

Recently, I was informed that all SonMay CD releases are considered fakes... any possible way to prove this?

I must have bought a bunch of SM releases last summer, but not from the internet... but, I noticed there was repetitive artwork on my copy of the 'Mario Party 3 Original Soundtrack'. Otherwise, they look perfectly legitimate, the music is even ripped perfectly onto my computer. ;_;

Any help would be appreciated... and at least now I know not to buy stuff from this company anymore.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
cubed
Knock knock who's there? Me! I keel you!

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:15 AM #2 of 6
All bootleg albums I bought wasn't that obvious there were bootleg. Until I bought an legitimate copy. Wow, you can't NOT notice it. And when I played them in my cd player, it jumps sometimes.

SonMay, Allion, EverAnime... I don't know any other..

http://www.jazzmess.com/merch/bootlegfaq.html

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:25 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 05:25 PM #3 of 6
Prove? No way to prove it conclusively, I guess, but I've known for a long time that SonMay stuff is bootlegged. The prices should give it away if nothing else does.

Most amazing jew boots
Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:45 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 10:45 AM #4 of 6
Well, I just read the guide that cubed posted... I was in a Japnaese VG store last summer and saw two copies of the same soundtrack, but they had different company labels on them. I was in doubt of which one to buy...

Point being, though, I'm fully aware of what to look for now.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
seanne
²°°

Member 69

Level 35.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:26 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 07:26 PM #5 of 6
You should always try to be aware of the catalog numbers for albums you're interested in buying as it can often be the only thing distiguishing the real deal from a bootleg at first glance. It's always listed on the spines and you can find the cat number for pretty much any album at GMR.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Mr. X
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1902

Level 21.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 03:13 PM #6 of 6
Good list here, even though it is probably a little out of date:

http://chudahs-corner.com/reference/...ce=bootleggers

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Bootleg albums?